Big Lord of the Rings Mafia - Game Over! Forces of Sauron Win!

My only read is a slight suspicion of macle because I find that instantly voting for the person who voted you is quite a strange thing to do. While metal sonic provides no reasoning at all for voting macle, macle immediately comes off as very defensive. Nobody's going to pay attention to what is just a rand (unless I missed something?), you don't need to respond with anything more than "metal sonic is a troll" and the vote just seems unnecessary in my eyes, considering we can't really use being a troll as a read on meme

I have some issues with that logic Pokeguy. While at the start of the game I agree hitting what is basically a vanilla isn't much of a problem, at this point of a game every number matters. It seems to me that you are going after an inactive because you believe that he isn't going to defend himself and thus makes him an easy target. Then if he flips town you can just say not much loss, he was inactive anyway. Especially when from what I remember you were working on reads, to only have that response seems underwhelming and odd.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My only read is a slight suspicion of macle because I find that instantly voting for the person who voted you is quite a strange thing to do. While metal sonic provides no reasoning at all for voting macle, macle immediately comes off as very defensive. Nobody's going to pay attention to what is just a rand (unless I missed something?), you don't need to respond with anything more than "metal sonic is a troll" and the vote just seems unnecessary in my eyes, considering we can't really use being a troll as a read on meme
Metal sonic has been actively trying to squish discussion on reads all game, providing "troll" posts to try to think hes just messing around. He knows what he is doing. Out of all the players left, I feel that he is most likely to be scum. Also i just voted to tie the vote, since I was worried about no one posting today, and me just being lynched.

does anyone else have thoughts o.o

I have some issues with that logic Pokeguy. While at the start of the game I agree hitting what is basically a vanilla isn't much of a problem, at this point of a game every number matters. It seems to me that you are going after an inactive because you believe that he isn't going to defend himself and thus makes him an easy target. Then if he flips town you can just say not much loss, he was inactive anyway. Especially when from what I remember you were working on reads, to only have that response seems underwhelming and odd.
True, but my logic is if he is mafia, we've lynched a mafia. However, if he's one of the vanilla town roles, him staying alive is preventing whichever one he is from using their ability, so lynching him is a good option. And at this point, I doubt there are any village power roles left, so I'm keeping my vote on Upside unless he posts a good defence.

Well, as strange as it is MS is right here. Not sure why you expect anything from the guy who hasn't posted at all. I'm just going to lynch PokeguyNXB because this still feels like somebody trying to seem useful while not doing anything.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
  1. askaninjask- Probably not mafia because he was second to vote on soviet, when there was no guarantee soviet was going to be really lynched.
  2. imperfectluck - idk. Buying his disinterest more.
  3. Pidge -
  4. TheGottemer - I agree with lynching inactives.
  5. PokeguyNXB -idk, although I agree with the reasons he stated for getting rid of inactives.
  6. YAYtears - Probably not mafia because of his billymills suspicion earlier.
  7. Upside - I agree with lynching inactives.
  8. macle - idk. I want to know what he thinks about Metal Sonic after considering his Mario Kart Mafia game.
  9. Slim Guldo - idk
  10. Mithril - idk
  11. Steven Snype - idk
  12. TheSwagger - idk
  13. Metal Sonic- Tricky. That isn't always a good thing in mafia games. If you're village, you want other villagers to trust you and not accidentally lynch you. I skimmed over his posts in Mario Kart Mafia, and he made more content-filled posts and provided more reasoning, but he was mafia. Apparently he threw the game for mafia or something. idk if he is trying to rectify his mistakes as mafia in this game, or acting differently because he is a village this game. I would really like to know what others think about MS's change between the two games. Look at his Mario Kart posts yourself. Also, he suggested he would try more when the game was in a manageable smaller state, but we really haven't seen that. See this post. On the other hand, I agree with askaninjask about MS making some really risky posts if he were mafia. See this post. askaninjask, do you still think those things after considering MS's play in Mario Kart Mafia?
  14. Cancerous- I agree with lynching inactives. Pretty disappointing to not see him post more. He seemed full of energy and entertaining. Highlighting him because he posted last time I did.
I agree with lynching inactives for the reasons stated before in this game. There is a chance they are mafia, and it's more likely we will do a 'double lynch' with Rohirrim if they are Rohirrim.

Requesting an extension. I want to see what everyone thinks about MS's posting between him and Mario Kart mafia.

Pidge

('◇')
Can't edit, so last words of my previous post were supposed to be "between this game and Mario Kart Mafia."

Also, when I say "probably not mafia", I realize they could be neutral, but I feel it's better to not vote them because of the perceived higher chance they are village.

Pidge

('◇')
One more thing I forgot. Even though you might think there's not much to go on, there is, like looking at what someone said several cycles ago or how they played in a previous game. If you look at http://forum.mafiascum.net/, you can see how many pages they have for games. For example, there's a 13 player game with 55 pages (1359 posts) and it's only on Day 4. It might even be useful to see how some of those players play to figure out how to play this very game.

Lynch Upside
I think it is better to lynch someone than no one, especially, an inactive, and last time I checked, the vote count was tied 1 vote each on Upside, Pokeguy, macle, and MS.

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
After double checking, Steven Snype's vote WAS on time via his clock though it was thirty seconds late on mine, and as such I will count it. However, YAYtears' vote was at least two minutes past deadline and as such his vote counts for Upside (who his vote was on at time of deadline).

As such, Metal Sonic dies. He was a Soldier of Gondor.

It is now Night 12. Night 12 ends at Midnight EDT August 10th. OC.

Last edited:
Ok lets discuss this during the night.
It's obvious that the vote has been mayored, and since according to Ullar's role pm there are no village mayors, either
1.Steven Snype or macle is a wolf mayor
2. PokeguyNXB or I have a negative or zero vote
However, it seems suspicious that Steven Snype would try to tie the vote at the last second, and judging from his "YOLO" post, I suspect him. But to be safe we should use the Rohirrm power to lynch both macle and Steven Snype, assuming that this is scenario 1.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Slim Guldo was found strangled as if by some ancient power. He was a member of the Rohirrim.

YAYtears was found simply strangled, he was a member of the Rohirrim.

You also heard a loud cry of anguish through the night of 'MY PRECIOUS IS GONE'

/inspired update

It is now Day 13. Day 13 ends in 48 hours, or at Midnight EDT August 12th. NOC.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
As for why cacncerous, he is least likely to have orc protection because if he is last member of sauron alive, he loses. Someone be a dear and cp the pm for theswagger and thegottemer for me. I'm on my phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)