Other C&C Work / Projects

Cool team! I have just a few points...
1. Have you tried subcm chandy as opposed to subsplit? Florges, blissey and aromatisee love switching into hydreigon and you can u turn out and start setting up subcm and easily sweep. Modest nature, 112 hp evs (florges moonblast will never break chandys sub), 204 sp atk, 4 sp def (to prevent a download sp atk boost) and 188 speed evs (enough to speed creep honchkrow). sub cm shadowball andflamethrower are the moves with lefties. Youll enjoy it a lot trust me!
2. Curselax and aromatisse are a great core. Personally i prefer whirlwind > crunch to deter set up sweepers plus hazards. on aromatisse, i dont see the point of 12 sp def evs unless you have a specific example from hydreigon?
3. have you tried t spikes over gyro ball? I know it sounds crazy but snorlax walls nidos like its nobodys business and they are really the main poison types currently in uu. Your team has a bit of stall to it and like i said before more hazards plus whirlwind helps alot imo.
Great team overall! Ill look at this more later if i get a chance!

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the input!
I will probably try out CM chandy, but I think the pokemon does better as an all out attacker rather than a setup sweeper due to it's fraility. If I were to use a cm set, I would just stick with the same ev spread I have now - I don't think I could bring myself to using a chandelure without max spa :P
The thing with Sub Calm Mind Chandy is that if something that "walls" it comes in IE blissey, florges, other pinks. It can set up a sub as they stand by helpless, then get to +1 and nuke the switch in that isn't Hydreigon, Houndoom or Snorlax. +1 with modest with 204 outdamges max modest at +0 lol. And the leftovers means if you come in at full, use sub and hit the check while behind your sub, you've only lost 12% of your health, and the other mon has been killed, or severely crippled. This set also can 6-0 a lot of stall teams.

EDIT: You need phasing as Crocune can easily beat your team, so I would say whirlwind>crunch on lax.

404 HP is actually the minimum HP required to have subs that aren't broken by Seismic toss/night shade. 401 HP (232 EVs) on Aroma is max leftovers recovery + 1, a common checkpoint to reach. Also, some sort of Grass type attack/powerful setup is helpful due to the prevalence of bulky waters with reliable recovery such as Milotic and Gastrodon (granted, both aren't so often seen, but they still pose a threat), which can wall most of your team. Otherwise, it looks good to me!

Hiya bud, gonna rate yo' team.

Now I know the preface of your team is Snorlax and Chandy but if you want to make your team better, I suggest removing Snorlax for Swampert. This helps against both your Volt turn troubles and your Alakazam problem, while also giving you a free moveslot on Forretress for another form of entry hazard to take advantage of Chandelure's spinblocking. I suggest running Toxic Spikes over Spikes as they are very good in this current metagame where defensive teams run rampant and any defensive team lacking a Poison-type will very much struggle vs T spikes. T spikes also work well in conjunction with the change I am going to make, in that you should change Chandelure to Sub + Calm Mind. This set takes advantage of the ever popular and very infamous, 'Pink Core' and also gives you the win condition with Snorlax being changed for Swampert. Swampert also helps with your Crobat weakness, which is another thing I noticed while scanning over your team. Stone Edge on Heracross might be helpful for this but most people would scout for Stone Edge before going into Crobat anyway so idk if it works for you then definitely keep it. But that's about all there is, this team is pretty decent, it's similar to one I have built and also one Meruu has recently built too so you're definitely on the right track with teambuilding. All the set changes etc can be found below and hopefully they help out your team n_n

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar / Toxic / Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Scald

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 112 HP / 204 SpA / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

eh just gonna bump this because i do have some actual insight after picking up the metagame with this team + calloflochies changes and it doing quite well for me.

for reference: pert / aroma / tspike forre / subcm chande / cbhera / scarfhydrei

p nice example of balance. subcm chande + hera, compounded upon hydreis fast checks, scald, and potential hazards gave me enough pressure to beat just about anything and the core is solid enough to where i can go at my own pace thru the midgame. i often felt like hydrei was weak linking even though its typing for chande and the aforementioned fast checks, especially with uturn, are crucial at times. my only other complaint was not getting more defensively out of the hera slot, but hes such a fucking threat and his ability to force the issue whenever he hits the field is a great boon, making it really easy to dictate games paired with the teams defense and momentum.

theres only a few threats i feel the need to address as this team is p close to as good as it can get.
-m-blastoise is incredibly annoying to switch into as bold aroma is hard pressed to stall it especially with scald and pulse confuse hax. aroma really just buys time unless u get a spatk drop but sometimes they are scared away for whatever reason. it never really put me in a position to lose tho between chip dmg, wish passing, threatening with hera and at least being able to trade it for severely crippling tortoise. ppl often lead with it too giving u a free window for hera lead.

-the occasional nidoking was p gay because of its speed + hydrei not killing + its coverage shitting on everything, and it shuts down tspikes for good measure. idk fuck this mon.

-suicune is also tentatively dealt with by pert and hera, tho i never lost to it either by preserving hera or eventually snatching the chande sweep, which is a p relevant point that u have a threatening sweeper to put a timer on and make it more difficult for cune to just try and outlast niggas. the recurring theme is i dont like how the team deals with scald because the damage is pressurizing and the only water resist is hydrei whos lack power and feels like a not ideal response. i guess aroma + wish and guts make it work but it hindered my switchability and made it easier for the opp to seize da momentum.

-ill just throw on empoleon + hera counter, which was a core i found hard to threaten. mixed fires too even though i think theyre covered here almost as best they can be.

fixes which are more "fun options i think are worth testing":
-defensive seismitoad over pert to manage waters better. sr / scald / equake / protect or knock off. idk if the diff in bulk is that noticeable as toad is no slouch with protect potentially helping to close the gap. meh.

-eviolite haunter or mismagius over chandelure. like for haunter which should be nicknamed porca bolognase, sub / shadow / sludge / split, and missy can set up. this change obviously seems like it sucks but auto losing to nido isnt fun and they can both kinda fulfill the same offense while being more nonstandard now that subcm chande is gonna be prepped for. chande is p superior offensively and is nice for pivoting or shitting on fires. ok yea this isnt worth it but who kno. eh and u kinda lose to bp lucario if thats a thing without it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)