Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, given Bagon and Shelgon's design, I don't see why people see MegaMence's belly plating as odd. Bagon has a full boney ridge on its head and down the back of his neck, which grows to encompass his entire body. It isn't so far out of left-field to see something like it return on Salamence.

Also, Raichu just needs to go ahead and secede from the Pikachu evolutionary line, and become an independently available pokemon in it's own right.

Also, Raichu just needs to go ahead and secede from the Pikachu evolutionary line, and become an independently available pokemon in it's own right.

I feel like GEN 6 should have taken the opportunity to say OOPS! Who knew that Raichu evolved from Dedenn!!? Isn't that super!?
Then they could have buffed Pikachu's stats, given him a mega, the works.

On topic: I am super excited about Mega Altaria!!! I am totally hoping it gets a decent buff to it's defenses as I feel we really lack a good defensive mega and it's typing and great movepool lends itself well to walling.

On topic: I am super excited about Mega Altaria!!! I am totally hoping it gets a decent buff to it's defenses as I feel we really lack a good defensive mega and it's typing and great movepool lends itself well to walling.
It's almost defeinitely getting defensive boosts. Defence and Sp. Dfc were Altaria's best stats and what defined and set it apart from other dragons - and as you've said, it's new typing and movepool lend itself to that. Plus it's Mega's design doesn't exactly look like a Glass Cannon - from what I can see, it's gonna be a tank.

>Mega Salamence
>Looking threatening at all with it's silly kite wings, tiny stubbed tucked in feet, weirdass head and awkward metal bar around it's body
lolk
I don't think you would want to have one of those fly over your house.

Also the metal bar and tucked in legs make it look cooler and more threatening because it looks like it can fly really fast now.

The new head also looks better imo, but you could make a case for the old one as well.

Mega Salamence is just gonna be the design that takes a little more time to "get used to" in my opinion almost everything about it is really cool. The wing span and shape and the fact it includes his tail is really epic. It's just so overpowering. Like if he takes off into the sky he'll cast a shadow on the whole village right before he burninates it. And to be honest I don't mind the fact that he tucks in/ tucks back his legs. Just adds to the aerodynamic look. What I don't like is how squishy looking his legs became. They look like Jigglypuff's arms or Kirby's feet. Salamance has always been a very angular jagged kind of guy so those sort of oval-shaped tiny stub legs you'd expect to see on a pink ball just don't fit him.

My opinion of mega Salamence will stay iffy until I see the 3d model. I'm just hoping his front legs will come out while he's in battle.

I, for one, like Mega Salamence's design. It took me a minute to get past the initial "what the heck is this thing" response, but it's grown on me. In my mind, at least, it's in the same vein as Mega Gengar: I like it, though perhaps not as much as the original design. In the end though, I love both Pokemon and I will of course use their megas. That's how I see it anyway. At this point, all my favorite Gen 3 Pokemon have gotten megas, so I hope they start handing out megas to Pokemon from other Gens. Lopunny is a good sign of this...though I'm pretty sure almost no one expected it.

It just occurred to me. That's not a "metal vest" or something that M-Salamance is wearing. That's part of its Shelgon shell!!! I'm seeing the whole thing in an even more improved light now. Plus if you look closely at his back legs I think they just look rounded cause of the angle (his front legs still look too stubby though)

But no, it's the Shelgon shell. It also totally makes sense that he would get a big defense upgrade if he regrew part of the shell. Wow I just got more into this design. It's a great way to include his past powers. His shell, just made more aerodynamic. It makes way more sense for an animal to be tucking its legs into its shell too. Shelgon prolly tucks it's legs into its shell to in some episode of the anime I never saw or something.

Last edited:
Well, we have Mega Lopunny and Mega Gardevoir. Now we just need Mega Jynx and the trio of Pokemon you never Google Image search will be complete with Mega Evolutions!
But Mismagius... :(

Edit: Wait, does this confirm that clothing is back in ORAS? or will that be JUST for contests?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
But Mismagius... :(

Edit: Wait, does this confirm that clothing is back in ORAS? or will that be JUST for contests?
Want Mega Mismagius!!!! Ghost/ Fairy please. (banshee much?)

But I don't think Mismagius is the center of sexual fan art...

We've got 3 big mega reveals, can we really please avoid pointless speculation?

Salamence is gonna be boss, but I'm waiting for stats to say if it'll be any good compared to charizard. My bet is no.

Altaria is gonna be good, but that new status weakness for offenses was a bad move in my mind.

Who was the other one again?

I don't know about you, but I think Mence needs an intervention from his Dragon fellows. He has clearly been daydreaming about flying so much he forgot he can fly already and decided to become a glider instead.

Dumb Bagon hit its head on the cliffs too much, it seems.
In my head the way I picture it is that Salamence flies really, really fast and uses all that momentum when it mega evolves to glide around fast as hell, soaring majestically like a hang glider in Rio de Janeiro. How is its giant... wing thing attached?

It just occurred to me. That's not a "metal vest" or something that M-Salamance is wearing. That's part of its Shelgon shell!!! I'm seeing the whole thing in an even more improved light now. Plus if you look closely at his back legs I think they just look rounded cause of the angle (his front legs still look too stubby though)

But no, it's the Shelgon shell. It also totally makes sense that he would get a big defense upgrade if he regrew part of the shell. Wow I just got more into this design. It's a great way to include his past powers. His shell, just made more aerodynamic. It makes way more sense for an animal to be tucking its legs into its shell too. Shelgon prolly tucks it's legs into its shell to in some episode of the anime I never saw or something.
Salamence always had the remnants of Shelgon's shell on it's belly. It looks like it's just "evolved" to serve a greater purpose!

We've got 3 big mega reveals, can we really please avoid pointless speculation?

Salamence is gonna be boss, but I'm waiting for stats to say if it'll be any good compared to charizard. My bet is no.

Altaria is gonna be good, but that new status weakness for offenses was a bad move in my mind.

Who was the other one again?
mega lopunny was the other

Just a joke to point out how random that was. Mega Lopunny actually sounds good, and if it is, I'm really hoping for a retest for Aegislash from the scrappy fighting move (not likely at all, but we'll see).
I doubt Mega Lopunny will be good enough for OU tho. At the same time, Mega Swampert could prove effective in OU and against Aegis...

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just a joke to point out how random that was. Mega Lopunny actually sounds good, and if it is, I'm really hoping for a retest for Aegislash from the scrappy fighting move (not likely at all, but we'll see).
I highly doubt that'll be enough for Aegislash to be brought down. Between being demolished by King's Shield not only by her Attack dropping, but also the recoil from not landing Jump Kick, getting vaporized by Sacred Sword, and having terrible Attack (which will likely effect her Attack as a Mega Evolution), Mega Lopunny seems more like a soft check to Aegislash than anything, which Diggersby can do anyways, just with Earthquake.

I wasn't suggesting the presence of Scrappy HJKs alone would counter Aegis, but a big argument for anti-bans is that checks, even soft checks for aegis are very very common, and if there were even more, like Lopunny and Swampert, maybe it'd be worth looking into.

Really, that's the only reason I can think Lopunny could be OU. The main other ghost outspeeds and destroys it, so scrappy would pretty much suck.

I wasn't suggesting the presence of Scrappy HJKs alone would counter Aegis, but a big argument for anti-bans is that checks, even soft checks for aegis are very very common, and if there were even more, like Lopunny and Swampert, maybe it'd be worth looking into.

Really, that's the only reason I can think Lopunny could be OU. The main other ghost outspeeds and destroys it, so scrappy would pretty much suck.
Rather than unbanning Aegis I think the focus would be more on whether the new megas themselves, including pert, are likely to be banned so that is the first thing that would be addressed. As for MLop it'd rely on the same idea as Diggersby in utilizing intelligent switches and using encore to force out Aegis or outright kill it, without encore it wouldn't be able to more reliably 1 v 1 Aegis.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't say that. Lopunny could work as an efficient revenge killer with unresisted STABs thanks to Scrappy, and I can only imagine that she'll get an increase in her Speed stat, as well get a decent Attack stat to throw around. Sure, Gengar is faster, but Fake Out can give her a free turn to Mega Evolve, so Scrappy helps there, and Fake Out in general could make her pretty tough to handle.

Personally, I'd use Mega Lopunny as a late game sweeper. It's frail for one thing but if they put the majority of those 100 points into Attack and Speed, it could clean up whats left of the competition. Besides, not being in OU isn't a bad thing. I mean, regular Lopunny is D-rank in NU currently (it pains me to say that :( ). I could see it jumping up a tier or two. It'd have competition for the mega slot with Mega Houndoom in UU. If it even gets 15+ into speed, it could be a decent soft check to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)