Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few little things tho.
Mega Salamence seems defensively orientated. That's... new.
Mega Altaria has increased Attack and Special attack and only SLIGHTLY increased Defence. Ughhhhhhhhhh.
Mega Lopunny has greatly increased Attack and increased Speed. Good, good...
So our worries about Mega Lopunny's stat boosts have been resolved, but... it seems they mixed up what Altaria and Salamence should have gotten.
I was starting to worry about Mega Lopunny's boosts for a minute because there were no defensive ones, but... we'll probably get a small +10 in one of them, and regardless... 65/84/96 ain't bad for an offensive 'mon. It can take a neutral hit, and with resistance to Dark and immunity to Ghost...

Just stopped to notice I'll have to SR like hell 'till I get a 5 IVs Jolly, Adamant or Hasty Cosplay Pikachu, since the cosplay thing will be locked to that heart-shaped-tailed Pikachu, and it's probably not breedable.

*sigh... If I ever get it before anyone else, I'll let you clone mine, as long as you mantain the name =P

The official website says -When it Mega Evolves, its Defense stat soars. With its already high stats climbing even higher, this becomes an even more promising Pokémon than before.- so it looks like mega salamence won't be getting any stat drops like mega chomp did which is good. It looks like its defense will get raised a bunch and the rest of ts stats will be raised slightly

The official website says -When it Mega Evolves, its Defense stat soars. With its already high stats climbing even higher, this becomes an even more promising Pokémon than before.- so it looks like mega salamence won't be getting any stat drops like mega chomp did which is good. It looks like its defense will get raised a bunch and the rest of ts stats will be raised slightly
100/145/130/120/90/120?

Its funny how everyone saw Salemence as this really offensive dragon that was frail, yet GameFreak makes his mega more defensive. Oh the irony!

I'm glad we got slightly more in depth stat upgrade details on these 3. They actually hadn't said ANYTHING in the corocoro about Loppuny. But it's REALLY great to know that it sounds like she's getting those stats exactly where she needs it given her new typing and ability (maybe OU after all, but also maybe that's too hopeful still, fingers crossed)

They could have given us one more stat on Salamence... Still I guess this just gives us an even stronger idea of just how much it's gonna be a defense increase. I still can't imagine it won't get a few points in speed and offense in addition to a massive defense boost. (as long as it doesn't go the M-Chomp route and actually lose speed) Honestly this might mean it could have some other interesting roles it could fill besides just killing your enemy out right with Dragon Dances.

Alteria, I'm pleased they're talking about it's defense now too. they didn't mention sp.def but it's s.def is naturally higher so it'll probably end up with very rounded stats. Like if you put the bigger boosts in atk and sp.atk then the next biggest in def and a little bost the rest then it'll end up with atk/def/sp.atk and sp.def all right around the same level of like 110-120 with a speed just a little lower. Anyway I'm glad to see that the deffensive stat get some attention since I think they were necessary to make M-Aletria more unique as a mega dragon. This also means even better Charizard X countering powers which everyone appreciates. I think the very rounded deffenses of 75/120ish/120ish is more than enough to make a great wall once invested and it'll certainly still have enough offenses to warrant at least trying out the DD sets.

did you guys see

She escaped the world of Japanese child idols just to suffocate us with catch phrases.

Also, I'm really digging the MEvo cinematic that you get when you pull it off in a contest. I feel like that helps better demonstrate the mild difficulty in attaining mega evolution in that setting, so it seems like, so far, Pokemon who can MEvo only have a slightly higher chance of getting a better score than other Pokemon (Possibly from a MEvo bonus score tallied on at the end).

Though, if Lisia is important enough to the contest subplot, Megas will probably get a little centralized up until the point that you beat her, which might be a little disheartening to those who love the openness in contest tiering.
(did you guys also see that the Smart contest score was rebranded to be the Cleverness score)

On a side note, I am obsessed with the new ability to horde battle a group of trainers! Less running around and more anime-style battling by knocking out a bunch of grunts in one blow makes for more fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: PME
Horde trainer battles at last! It's about time. That was a huge missed opportunity in XY.
Wait, that isn't a joke?

A few little things tho.
Mega Salamence seems defensively orientated. That's... new.
Mega Altaria has increased Attack and Special attack and only SLIGHTLY increased Defence. Ughhhhhhhhhh.
So our worries about Mega Lopunny's stat boosts have been resolved, but... it seems they mixed up what Altaria and Salamence should have gotten
To be honest, the defensive improvement on Mega Mence sounds great. Its base form already has some offensive presence, 95 base HP and Intimidate. Higher defenses will help set Mega mence apart from its base form (instead of just making it a more offensive Salamence without a hold item) and it also makes the whole thing a lot more unpredictable and dangerous, since Salamence doesn't really need to mega evolve to be threatening. You can't even be sure if it's going to ME or when (if you're running Moxie you could hold off mega evolving for a while to try to grab a boost).

The official site has updated with several screenshots of Slowbro participating in contests, which is odd because I don't think it's too popular to be showcased along Altaria and Pikachu. Do you think the Slowpoke evolutionary line will be added to the Hoenn dex?

Just stopped to notice I'll have to SR like hell 'till I get a 5 IVs Jolly, Adamant or Hasty Cosplay Pikachu, since the cosplay thing will be locked to that heart-shaped-tailed Pikachu, and it's probably not breedable.

*sigh... If I ever get it before anyone else, I'll let you clone mine, as long as you mantain the name =P
If it's unbreedable then it is guaranteed to have 3 perfect IVs.

That's great news regarding the confirmed stat distributions. Lopunny now has definite competitive viability and Salamence looks to be able to work both defensively and offensively. Mega Altaria having primarily offensive boosts has surprised me though. Mega Salamance looks far better in game than his artwork did him credit for.

Slight side note, but has Mega Sceptile had any hint at what boosts it'll get? I don't recall any hints about what would be boosted, and even a sentence like what the above three got would be interesting for personal speculation.

dialganet

Banned deucer.
The official site has updated with several screenshots of Slowbro participating in contests, which is odd because I don't think it's too popular to be showcased along Altaria and Pikachu. Do you think the Slowpoke evolutionary line will be added to the Hoenn dex?

If it's unbreedable then it is guaranteed to have 3 perfect IVs.
Do not thake the 3ivs for granted. The Lucario you were given in X/Y holding lucarite only had perfect IVs in speed with 26 or 27 in both attacking stats. Having to drop the Pichu breeding I started so enthusiastically really sucks :/

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
So, Cosplay Pikachu is, for all intents and purposes, another Pokémon.

Given the precedent shown by the Eternal Floette, we should see if it gets any Base Stat changes.

Let's hope for that and not another Spiky-Eared Pichu fiasco.

... m-mega slowbro confirmed?

Do not thake the 3ivs for granted. The Lucario you were given in X/Y holding lucarite only had perfect IVs in speed with 26 or 27 in both attacking stats. Having to drop the Pichu breeding I started so enthusiastically really sucks :/
Except that's not even comparable. We're talking about unbreedables here; Lucario's breedable.

Last edited by a moderator:
The official site doesn't mention anything for Mega Sceptile, oddly.

Anyway, does anyone know where serebii got his info for the new hoenn dex numbers for Milotic, Raichu and Salamence?

If he's guessing them, it seems odd he hasn't put numbers for sableye, altaria, zangoose or seviper.

If he's not making them up, then Salamence has only moved along by 8 places, despite Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Budew, Roserade, Dusclops, Chingling, Rhyperior and Froslass making 9.
Raichu has moved by the right amount, so it looks like one of Rhyperior and Froslass is in jeopardy here.

Edit: oh shit I found it. Only 8 news mons before salamence confirmed.

Edit2: Or I can't count. Salamence has shifted by 9.

... m-mega slowbro confirmed?
that's what I thought too... if they're making a big deal about megas in contests.....
Where was it stated that Cosplaychu is not breedable? I haven't read it anywhere.
It's an assumption people are making based on the black tip tail. The idea being that black tip tail pikachu is a special event pikachu and perhaps the only one that can cosply. So all this doesn't hold up if other pikachu can cosplay too, or if the black tip tail is something else.

that's what I thought too... if they're making a big deal about megas in contests.....It's an assumption people are making based on the black tip tail. The idea being that black tip tail pikachu is a special event pikachu and perhaps the only one that can cosply. So all this doesn't hold up if other pikachu can cosplay too, or if the black tip tail is something else.
No, it's a special in-game event Pikachu, like the Spiky-Eared Pichu. So I bet it's not breedable and not able to evolve.

Official Site said:
After you take part in your first contest, you will be able to get this Cosplay Pikachu on your team. You can change Cosplay Pikachu's costumes anytime in the green room at any Contest Hall. Note: Other Pikachu that you catch or obtain cannot dress up in these costumes. Only the Cosplay Pikachu that you receive at the Contest Hall can dress up in contests.
Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)