Other Counter That Pokemon! (Final Battle Friday @ 12 PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a defensive Krookodile be viable here? It provides Team 2 with Stealth Rock, Intimidate + Stone Edge hits Talonflame while STAB Knock Off is an annoyance to the opponent. Granted, it can do nothing against a Mega Gyarados, if Team 1 goes that route
I don't really see what could Krookodile do that Landorus-T couldn't besides looking badass, but that's just me. Also, as you pointed, it still leaves Team 2 weak against Water attacks.

On a side note, am I missing something or do we only have 2 formal nominations so far?

I don't really see what could Krookodile do that Landorus-T couldn't besides looking badass, but that's just me. Also, as you pointed, it still leaves Team 2 weak against Water attacks.

On a side note, am I missing something or do we only have 2 formal nominations so far?
The only difference I can see is a more powerful Knock Off. Other than that, Lando-T seems like a more solid choice. And yes, at this stage and the predicament that Team 2 is in, there have been only 2 nominations. I'm thinking about nominating my Bisharp from the last voting period, but I'm still not sure what EV's to put on it. If someone else wants to nominate it, feel free. I think we only need about 5 (solid) nominations for voting to start.

EDIT: yea let me nominate this real quick for now

Bisharp@Life Orb
EV's: 92 HP/252 Attack/164 Spe
Trait: Defiant
Adamant Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Sucker Punch
-Iron Head
-Knock Off

Bisharp is the beast that will be able to break through the sturdiest pokemon on Team 1 by using its STAB attacks. Along with that power, The utility it brings in just 4 moves is overwhelming as I have already noted above. It obviously fears Landorus, but so will most pokemon that will be chosen, and Kyu-B can hit it hard with EP. It doesn't really give any type of fucks about Deo-D or Ferrothorn even though getting its LO knocked off can hinder its attack slightly and being paralyzed isn't too big of a deal outside of parahax. Talonflame can't really hit it hard, but Bisharp would get burned by WoW. That is why I was trying to look for a special attacking Dark or Ghost type that can lay down SR but the latter is impossible, while the former...actually doesn't exist either lol. The reason for the EV's being weird is so that Sharp can outspeed Deo-D and to maximize its bulk while preserving its max attack. I was really contemplating putting a Lum Berry on Bisharp, but due to the fact that would diminish his power to break through Deo-D, I had to opt for Life Orb. Of course, a Defiant boost completely nullifies this and a Lum Berry would be incredibly useful against Ferrothorn and, more importantly, Talonflame. Here are some calcs in regard to Life Orb vs no Life Orb:

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 367-432 (80.8 - 95.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Deoxys-D: 226-268 (74.3 - 88.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Deoxys-D: 151-182 (49.6 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Talonflame: 195-230 (54.3 - 64%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus: 242-285 (75.6 - 89%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

As you can see, LO+SR is crucial in Bisharp's ability to destroy everything in it's path. Ferrothorn isn't very breakable and Sharp takes too much damage from LO+Iron Barbs to attempt to attack it for the most part.

252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus: 186-219 (58.1 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus: 153-181 (47.8 - 56.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Without LO, Bisharp can still 2HKO Lando switching in with Knock Off+Sucker Punch thankfully, but loses its ability to have a chance of OHKO'ing it. However...

252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 282-332 (62.1 - 73.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Deoxys-D: 174-206 (57.2 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Deoxys-D: 116-140 (38.1 - 46%) -- 23.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 8 Def Talonflame: 222-262 (61.6 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Bisharp won't be able to win 1 on 1 thanks to not having LO against Kyu-B and Deoxys-D. It will be able to stay in on Talonflame since it can use a Lum Berry to soak up the burn, but I don't think the Talonflame user would opt for that since it would just lead to a dead Talonflame. T-flame would be able to Roost to get its health back but Bisharp would still win in the end in a very stall-y battle since Roost has less PP than KO. Like I said, with a Defiant boost, LO is completely unnecessary, but it cannot be guaranteed to occur. After all this, I am starting to like Lum Berry more but I still think Life Orb will be more useful due to the power boost it gives. If anyone would like to give their thoughts on it than by all means go for it.

yea i might change this selection but who knows.

Last edited:
Talonflame can't really hit it hard, but Bisharp would get burned by WoW. That is why I was trying to look for a special attacking Dark or Ghost type that can lay down SR but the latter is impossible, while the former...actually doesn't exist either lol.
But Ttar can hit quite hard with its special attack an lay rocks =(

Anyways, I really like your nomination as much as mine, the only issue I could argue is that it leaves team 2 weak to the same pokemons that Ttar and Lando T do, and which you posted previously. M-Gyara resist both stabs and has intimidate and eq, Azumarill is only hit neutral by Iron head (although it's going to take some serious damage) and a bulky Mega Zard X might use it as set-up fodder. That of course, unless your calcs prove my assumptions to be completly wrong to which I would apologize.

I'm also expecting somebody to nominate Clefable as I think is the only nomination that doesn't share the weakness that the rest of the nominations do. And still, it could leave team 2 weak to something like Aegislash.

Although Landorus T is generally great to get rocks on the field, I think this set is quite hard to play as Explosion is a 1 way ticket to hell and exploding on the wrong pokemon (or in a random protect from Team 1 last member) could put Team 2 in a bad situation. Also Deo D could just recover the damage, making Lando suicide attack a vain sacrifice or leaving the team open for a sweep from one of the pokemons G-Von mentioned.
You're overplaying how difficult it is to get off a nice Explosion, especially against a slow, defensive team like Team 1 - and especially when we know all of their sets lol. Of course Lando would never Explode against a full health Deo-D, but Deo-D at anything less than 75% is at risk of being suddenly removed from the game. Not hard to manage considering all our U-Turn mons. Stone Edge or Knock Off are fine but Explosion instantly garners so much momentum and really pressures opposing 'mons trying to set up or spin.

e.g. Blastoise, Azumarill, or Gyarados comes in as Lando sets up Rocks. Ordinarily Lando is threatened out and they set up / spin / whatever and the ball is in Team 1's court. OR, Lando tanks a CB Aqua Jet and OHKOs them on the spot/does so much to Mega Gyara it's in revenge range even for M-Scizor. It's just a huge, easy momentum grab and is way more fun to play for Team 2 which relies heavily on keeping up the offensive pressure. And 2HKOing Ferro plus U-Turn spam is so sexy for this team.

I actually used (Jolly) Exploson Lando-T on the suspect ladder to get reqs lol. Great for one-shotting Politoeds & Clefables who'd otherwise cause trouble.

Edit: Can shuckle (i've never used it) stop a sweep from Mega Gyara or Azumarril? I mean, M-Gyara would enter the field in its base form being immune to Sticky Web, then Mega evolve and set up. Could Shuckle do anything to stop it? same to Azumarril who might not be bothered by the speed drop and proceed to attack with waterfall and Aqua jet.

Clefable looks like a nice candidate IMO. Can't give any thoughts on Mew though.
Meh, Shuckle would have to encore Gyara so something else could revenge it.

Last edited:
So there have only been 3 nominations made to counter Team 1 as best we can and nominations have been open for over a week. I would like for a couple more nominations to be made before I close for voting. You don't have to nominate some super standard set, something out of the ordinary is fine if it matches up against Team 1 fine and can fit onto Team 2 well. I just really don't feel like closing the voting and there are only 3 choices to choose from.

Fuck it

Aerodactyl @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roost
- Stone Edge

Alright, this is a weird pick, but I think it might be able to do something for Team 2. Firstly, it has Stealth Rock, meaning we can now put serious pressure on Team 1's Talonflame and Kyurem-B. Secondly, this thing outspeeds Deoxys-D and can Toxic it, putting it on a timer. Roost also means it can stall Deoxys-D out of Night Shade, meaning we can actually beat it. The EVs are weird as fuck, but they allow us to outspeed Team 1's fastest Pokemon, Landorus, and guarantee's we'll only be 3HKO'd by Talonflame's Brave Bird. I've considered Fire Fang for Ferrothorn, but it only 2HKO's, and we have a decent chance of being OHKO'd by Gyro Ball, anyways.

Not necessarily sure if this is a better pick than Landorus-T, but I think it overall does a better job at beating Deoxys-D considering Deoxys-D can just switch out on an Explosion and even Life Orb stall Landorus-T. Really, I think our main way to be beating that thing is with fast Toxic, and Aerodactyl gives us another user of that.

Tyranitar also looks very, very strong, and I honestly believe it would be our best pick. You really can't act like Azumarill's going to be picked, anyways, because Stealth Rock hurts Team 1 waaaayyy to much IMO for that to even be considered. Besides, Zadpos and Mega Scizor do pretty good against Azumarill, anyways, so I don't really feel like that's something that can really be considered.

So, yeah... While this set isn't necessarily bad, I'm pretty sure Tyranitar is a better overall choice lol. I guess it's more to throw out more submissions than anything since G-Von really seems to like a lot of submissions lol.

Last edited:
Fuck it

Aerodactyl @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roost
- Stone Edge

Alright, this is a weird pick, but I think it might be able to do something for Team 2. Firstly, it has Stealth Rock, meaning we can now put serious pressure on Team 1's Talonflame and Kyurem-B. Secondly, this thing outspeeds Deoxys-D and can Toxic it, putting it on a timer. Roost also means it can stall Deoxys-D out of Night Shade, meaning we can actually beat it. The EVs are weird as fuck, but they allow us to outspeed Team 1's fastest Pokemon, Landorus, and guarantee's we'll only be 3HKO'd by Talonflame's Brave Bird. I've considered Fire Fang for Ferrothorn, but it only 2HKO's, and we have a decent chance of being OHKO'd by Gyro Ball, anyways.

Not necessarily sure if this is a better pick than Landorus-T, but I think it overall does a better job at beating Deoxys-D considering Deoxys-D can just switch out on an Explosion and even Life Orb stall Landorus-T. Really, I think our main way to be beating that thing is with fast Toxic, and Aerodactyl gives us another user of that.

Tyranitar also looks very, very strong, and I honestly believe it would be our best pick. You really can't act like Azumarill's going to be picked, anyways, because Stealth Rock hurts Team 1 waaaayyy to much IMO for that to even be considered. Besides, Zadpos and Mega Scizor do pretty good against Azumarill, anyways, so I don't really feel like that's something that can really be considered.

So, yeah... While this set isn't necessarily bad, I'm pretty sure Tyranitar is a better overall choice lol. I guess it's more to throw out more submissions than anything since G-Von really seems to like a lot of submissions lol.
Hm... What if it ran Taunt over Toxic? Would make a pretty decent lead & prevents Deo-D's rocks from going up while beating it 1v1 w/ Stone Edge + Roost...? Taunt also makes Ferro much less effective.

Hm... What if it ran Taunt over Toxic? Would make a pretty decent lead & prevents Deo-D's rocks from going up while beating it 1v1 w/ Stone Edge + Roost...
I considered it, but wasn't sure considering Stone Edge only has 8 PP and Deoxys-D has Pressure. Doesn't that mean we only get to use Stone Edge 4 times against it? x_x

Last edited:
Well I don't want to end the voting with just 3 nominations, I think that's slightly too short. I'll probably close the voting Wednesday regardless if we get any more noms but if a couple more come in than I'll start voting earlier.

So the time has come for yet another voting period to begin. This will be the next to last time that we will be voting for anything and the final time for team 2.

Lolme's Tyranitar
Jin White's Landorus-T

G-Von's Bisharp
LightningLuxray's Aerodactyl

I won't be keeping voting opened as long since the vote count really doesnt change all that much over the last couple days so I will be closing it sometime saturday. Each person has one vote like last round since we have so few choices and your votes now mean more than ever so please remember to PM me with your selection!

Sorry for the delay but here are the results from the voting:

Jin White's Lando-T-2
Lolme's Tyranitar-1
G-Von's Bisharp-1

And our final member of Team 2 is Landorus-T!

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Explosion
Now the real fun begins! The voting for Team 1's pokemon now begins. Take a good look at Team 2 and figure out which pokemon you think can decimate them the best.

EDIT: thank you LightningLuxray for the catch.

Last edited:
Alright, well... It looks like we're going to have to kill one of our Pokemon to beat Deo-D, lol. Why didn't we pick Ttar ;_;

Well, since Team 1 is so weak to bulky Psychic-types... Why not add another?

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Ahh, Defog Mew. Firstly, this thing has hazard removal, something we REALLY need when we have Talonflame, Kyurem-B, and U-turn Landorus. Secondly, this thing outspeeds Landorus-T and can threaten it with a STAB Ice Beam. This also threatens Dragonite and Zapdos, too. Mew's ability, Synchronize, means that if Zapdos decides to Toxic us, then it will be Toxic'd too. Also, Fire Blast destroys Mega Scizor, meaning it can't stay in and Swords Dance on us without risking being destroyed by Fire Blast.

Right now, I'm not really sure if this is a better pick then Mega Blastoise. On one hand, this thing doesn't struggle nearly as much with the U-turn core thanks to Soft-Boiled, and it also isn't weak to Zapdos's main STAB attack. On the other hand, this thing can't tank Hydro Pumps from Greninja like Mega Blastoise can, though I'm thinking because we have Ferrothorn and Kyurem-B, that won't be as big of a problem.

A few other option I was considering were Shell Smash + Rapid Spin Cloyster, Rapid Spin Starmie, and Defog Flygon, though I ended up scraping them do to issues they had. (Cloyster's non-existent special bulk and Stealth Rock weakness, Starmie's U-turn weakness, Flygon's poor bulk and Ice-type weakness)​

Gyarados@Gyaradosite
EV's: 4 HP/52 Atk/236 SAtk/216 Spe
Trait: Intimidate
Naughty Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Blast
-Stone Edge
-Ice Fang

It basically OHKO everything at +1 (+0 against Lando) with stealth rocks except for this:
236 SpA Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Mega Scizor: 288-340 (83.9 - 99.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Can't give up more Atk with out risking to lose OHKOs

This is where you bring Gyarados:
+1 28+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gyarados: 72-85 (21.6 - 25.6%) -- 1% chance to 4HKO

Won't be revenged by Dnite:
64+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gyarados: 80-95 (24 - 28.6%) -- 97.9% chance to 4HKO

So yeah...Let's face Team 2 with no spinner/defogger and obliterate by sheer force >=D ...

Last edited:
Gyarados@Gyaradosite
Naughty Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Blast
-Stone Edge
-Ice Fang

It basically OHKO everything at +1 (+0 against Lando) with stealth rocks except for this:
236 SpA Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Mega Scizor: 288-340 (83.9 - 99.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 28+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gyarados: 72-85 (21.6 - 25.6%) -- 1% chance to 4HKO

64+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gyarados: 80-95 (24 - 28.6%) -- 97.9% chance to 4HKO

So yeah...Let's face Team 2 with no spinner/defogger and obliterate by sheer force >=D ...
I think Mega Gyarados is a great selection, but I do not like the EV spread and moveset you have on him. Mega Gyarados can use Scizor as set up bait and end up destroying Mega Scizor so Fire Blast should not be needed.

Anyway two pokemon I am thinking about nominating are Mega Aerodactyl and Charizard X. I don't have the time to post which one I rather use or the sets but I'll get to that when I come home tonight sometime.

P.S. I am just realizing now how good that Lando-T pick was for Team 2. The best selections against Team 2 are all physical attackers and only Mega Aero and pre-mega Charizard X can take hits from it even though Explosion still leaves major holes in them like when Whitebeard died in One Piece.

I think Mega Gyarados is a great selection, but I do not like the EV spread and moveset you have on him. Mega Gyarados can use Scizor as set up bait and end up destroying Mega Scizor so Fire Blast should not be needed.
Max attack Waterfall at +1 does 49.2-58% to Mega Scizor and 65.5-77.2 at +2. You either OHKO Scizor fast or get revenged by the combination of Stealth Rock damage + 3 Bullet Punches (1 while you set up and 2 to kill Scizor) + E-speed.

Last edited:

Charizard@Charizardite X
EV's: 144 HP/252 Atk/108 Spe/4 Def
Trait: Blaze
Adamant Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Dragon Claw
-Outrage Defog

Well here is my final nomination this project. I decided to side with this over Mega Aero since Mega Zard X gives no damns about priority attacks. The EV's are set to outspeed Lando-T before a DD boost and maximize attack for maximum damage. I have Outrage and Dragon Claw because both options have their uses and can choose which option is best at the given moment. I was thinking about giving it Roost over Outrage but I have a feeling it won't need to Roost when it finds the right time to set up. Fuck it, I'm giving it Defog. This gives Zard X the best chance at being able to come in as often as it wants without having to waste a turn every time Roosting. I did really want to give it Outrage since it OHKO's Dragonite at +1 but I think this support of Defog is too vital since Talonflame and Kyurem-Black will appreciate the support. It is possible that Zapdos will have to Defog their own SR's away, but that is not guaranteed.

Ok I'm kinda torn between Defog and Outrage...but for now this is my nomination.

Right now we only have 3 nominations and its already been a week so I think I'll wait till about Wednesday to close the nomination period and begin voting. I'll probably only have the voting go on until Saturday night/Sunday and then the battle between the two teams will go down whenever Nog and Halcyon. have an opportunity. Anyway, some discussion for now would be nice to see what other pokemon can possibly be chosen or which pokemon already nominated suits the team best.

I don't like Mega Gyarados because it can't remove hazards and it basically means we have to 100% rely on it to beat t1, leaving no room for misplays.

I like Defog Zard X because not only does it provide a second win condition, but it also allows us to support Sub Cube and BU Talonflame.

I also like Mew because I feel like Mew + Deo-D will be like impossible for Team 2 to break.

Not really sure which I want to vote for though (I kinda like Mew because it's a lot more reliable.)

I don't like Mega Gyarados because it can't remove hazards and it basically means we have to 100% rely on it to beat t1, leaving no room for misplays.

I like Defog Zard X because not only does it provide a second win condition, but it also allows us to support Sub Cube and BU Talonflame.

I also like Mew because I feel like Mew + Deo-D will be like impossible for Team 2 to break.

Not really sure which I want to vote for though (I kinda like Mew because it's a lot more reliable.)
Yea Mew has reliable recovery and no SR weakness so it can be counted on more so than Zard X. I would give Zard X Roost but I also want it to be able to sweep but it needs both attacking moves and DD to pull that off.

Alright, well... It looks like we're going to have to kill one of our Pokemon to beat Deo-D, lol. Why didn't we pick Ttar ;_;

Well, since Team 1 is so weak to bulky Psychic-types... Why not add another?

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Ahh, Defog Mew. Firstly, this thing has hazard removal, something we REALLY need when we have Talonflame, Kyurem-B, and U-turn Landorus. Secondly, this thing outspeeds Landorus-T and can threaten it with a STAB Ice Beam. This also threatens Dragonite and Zapdos, too. Mew's ability, Synchronize, means that if Zapdos decides to Toxic us, then it will be Toxic'd too. Also, Fire Blast destroys Mega Scizor, meaning it can't stay in and Swords Dance on us without risking being destroyed by Fire Blast.

Right now, I'm not really sure if this is a better pick then Mega Blastoise. On one hand, this thing doesn't struggle nearly as much with the U-turn core thanks to Soft-Boiled, and it also isn't weak to Zapdos's main STAB attack. On the other hand, this thing can't tank Hydro Pumps from Greninja like Mega Blastoise can, though I'm thinking because we have Ferrothorn and Kyurem-B, that won't be as big of a problem.

A few other option I was considering were Shell Smash + Rapid Spin Cloyster, Rapid Spin Starmie, and Defog Flygon, though I ended up scraping them do to issues they had. (Cloyster's non-existent special bulk and Stealth Rock weakness, Starmie's U-turn weakness, Flygon's poor bulk and Ice-type weakness)​
It's so beautiful...

How do you even?

It's so perfectly counterteaming idek how Team 2 is going to deal. It eats up hits from Dnite & Infernape to get a free Defog, outspeeds and threatens to decimate Lando-T and Scizor w/ 4x effective attacks, and Synchronizes Toxic back to Zapdos as you said... Literally the only thing it can't do is tank 2 Hydro Pumps, which we've got Deo-D, Ferrothorn, Kyu-B for...

Was considering suggesting Flamethrower over Fire Blast since it's a 2HKO on M-Scizor either way, but I think as we've got the other counter in Talon, Fire Blast is safe enough.

0 SpA Mew Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Mega Scizor: 288-340 (83.9 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Mew Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Mega Scizor: 236-280 (68.8 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

No matter what Mew is going to be hugely, hugely problematic for Team 2.

Gyarados@Gyaradosite
Naughty Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Blast
-Stone Edge
-Ice Fang

That specific set's a little bit whack and not as effective against Team 2 as you're saying. Without Rocks it doesn't beat Zapdos or Infernape at +1, both of whom threaten it w/ their super-effective STAB. I don't like Stone Edge as its go-to move on the set, & Fire Blast is a waste of a moveslot and important Atk EVs as M-Scizor is complete set up fodder for Gyarados anyway.

Oh... and with the +Atk nature, Landorus-T can outspeed for the potential Explosion (80-90% with both the Intimidate drop & Mega Evolution, more otherwise). Idk Gyarados is good but with the addition of Zapdos on Team 2 and most importantly the need for defog/spin support I think he's not our best bet, unfortunately.

Charizard@Charizardite X
EV's: 144 HP/252 Atk/108 Spe/4 Def
Trait: Blaze
Adamant Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Dragon Claw
-Outrage Defog

Well here is my final nomination this project. I decided to side with this over Mega Aero since Mega Zard X gives no damns about priority attacks. The EV's are set to outspeed Lando-T before a DD boost and maximize attack for maximum damage. I have Outrage and Dragon Claw because both options have their uses and can choose which option is best at the given moment. I was thinking about giving it Roost over Outrage but I have a feeling it won't need to Roost when it finds the right time to set up. Fuck it, I'm giving it Defog. This gives Zard X the best chance at being able to come in as often as it wants without having to waste a turn every time Roosting. I did really want to give it Outrage since it OHKO's Dragonite at +1 but I think this support of Defog is too vital since Talonflame and Kyurem-Black will appreciate the support. It is possible that Zapdos will have to Defog their own SR's away, but that is not guaranteed.

Ok I'm kinda torn between Defog and Outrage...but for now this is my nomination.
Dayumn my initial thought was "no way that's going to work" until I realized how easily this guy sweeps through the other team. If he comes in at full health... lord help Team 2. The disgusting power means he doesn't even need a boost to start punching holes; if he comes in on Scizor something is going to suffer.

My only glitch is that it's not a strong match up against the opposing Rocks setter, Lando-T. If he switches in AS Lando-T sets up Rocks (which is risky af anyway) he has a 50% chance to OHKO w/ Flare Blitz and if that fails then he dies to EQ on the spot. If Rocks are already up he starts getting pressured by Greninja + Infernape to pull off the Defog, as well as (Multiscale) Dnite to a lesser extent.

That's not to say he's not a brilliant option that could very easily decimate Team 2.

I've been trying to come up with my own nomination but honestly I think Mew covers what I'd want for this last slot. I've been toying with M-Blastoise (gets worn down easily), offensive LO Zapdos to outspeed & OHKO Lando-T but it has the same 4MSS as the other team's Zapdos... idk I'll keep brainstorming.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I won't be around for the end of the project, so I'm just going to clarify some points about my nomination:

1.- Lol it's mostly a joke about the "easy win button" and not choosing a deffoger/spinner on Team 1.

2.- If Lando-T explodes on Gyara...who's going to kill Deo-D? if Lando-T explodes on Deo-D whose going to stop Gyara?

3.- Without reliable recover and when losing 65~75% HP while facing Scizor (rock+2 bullet punch to set-up and OHKO) how is M-Scizor a set-up fodder? as I said (and you could check the calcs) Waterfall is not going to get pass through M-Scizor.

4.- SR does 12.5% to most Team 2 pokemons and 25% to Zapdos (irrelevant to Dragonite)...which means that 2 turns of life orb recoil, touching Deo-D Rocky helmet or blocking some hits, etc. is enough for Gyara to late-game sweep.

5.- The set is not supposed to be pretty or common, it is effective at taking down Team 2 after +1 and SR damage, is it really too difficult to get both? note that Infernape is also set-up fodder before mega evolving (and a more effective one than M Scizor).

6.- STONE MISS FTW!

Side note: I like Mew for last member.

I really love this project and all the assumptions and predictions involved, thanks everyone and glhf!

Last edited:
I nominate...

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

The EVs on this Gastrodon ensure that it cannot be 2HKO'd by Greninja's Ice Beam, factoring in leftovers recovery and SR. Toxic is there in case Zapdos wants to switch in. Ice beam is to put a dent in Dragonite so it does not become complete setup fodder if Nite decides to switch in. Storm Drain makes it a great switch in against Greninja, while scald, with its high burn rate, proves difficult for Scizor to switch into and seriously hurts infernape (who unfortunately has a fairly high chance of 2HKO'ing with close combat (about 68%, and almost 99% with rocks up). Lando can 2HKO with EQ but gets OHKO'd by Ice Beam after LO recoil (which still has a 43.8% chance of KOing without LO recoil), meaning that if Gastro is above 68% HP, Lando will have to explode to KO it.

If you guys have suggestions on the EVs and moveset, feel free to comment. I thought stockpile might be helpful, but with Toxic Zapdos and Exploding lando, it doesn't really seem that way. Earth Power can hit Zapdos if it roosts, but otherwise, I'm not sure.

Hey guys! I won't be around for the end of the project, so I'm just going to clarify some points about my nomination:

2.- If Lando-T explodes on Gyara...who's going to kill Deo-D? if Lando-T explodes on Deo-D whose going to stop Gyara?

3.- Without reliable recover and when losing 65~75% HP while facing Scizor (rock+2 bullet punch to set-up and OHKO) how is M-Scizor a set-up fodder? as I said (and you could check the calcs) Waterfall is not going to get pass through M-Scizor.
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 112 Def Mega Scizor: 169-199 (49.2 - 58%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO

:]

Allow me to direct your attention to this thread

You're right tho DD Gyara could cause serious problems for Team 2... Team 2's lack of a revenge killer/scarfer opens holes for a lot of boosting sweepers to plow through it tbh.

-x-

Man I wanted to nominate Defog Crobat but it gave Scizor free set up which we couldn't afford D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)