Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Mantine, giving Keldeo Water Spout sounds like a huge mistake, considering regular Keldeo gets that extremely powerful move as well. As in, Scarf Keldeo can use it. I worry about any change we make that vastly improves standard sets, which really isn't the point of this meta.
Personally, I'd give all 4 of them King's Shield and only that. They're like the knight Pokemon. Aegislash stole their signature move so maybe they should steal Aegislash's signature move!

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Mega Heatmor
Typing: Fire -->Fire/Steel
Ability: Gluttony/Flash Fire/White Smoke --> Mold Breaker
Stats: 85/97/66/105/66/65 --> 85/107/86/145/76/85
New Moves: Iron Head, Flash Cannon

The Heatmor species, enraged that their favorite snack, the Durant, has grown a resistance to it with its Mega Evolution has now risen up with its own. Flavourwise, Mega Heatmor can destroy Mega Durant. It's lost its weakness to Rock Slide with its new steel type and it has gained Mold Breaker to bypass its ability. Outside of destroying Mega Durant, Mega Heatmor is quite nice. Its got a decent amount of bulk on the physical side and on the special side its quite a nice poke. It can use its Mold Breaker to hit through pokes like Heatran, Mega Venusaur, and as said earlier, Mega Durant. It also has nice Giga Drain coverage to deal with Water types

Welcome to the project! I particularly like your Cobalion and Braviary submissions. A few constructive criticisms about the others: For the sake of the coders, try to avoid giving Pokemon certain moves just for flavor. For example, Heatmor is never going to run Water Sport or Haze, so just give it Scald. As for Mandibuzz, I seriously doubt that those offenses will be wallbreaking any time soon without a Life Orb or extremely powerful attacks like V-Create or Bolt Strike. Try to at least give every Mega a niche in OU, no matter how small. Other than that, it's always great to have new faces! :D
Mega Mandibuzz (Mandibuzzite)

Dark/Flying ----> Dark/Flying
Ability: Big Pecks/Overcoat/Weak Armor -> Rattled

HP: 110 -> 110
Atk: 65 -> 115 (+50)
Def: 105 -> 95 (-10)
SpA: 55 -> 95 (+40)
SpD: 95 -> 85 (-10)
Spe: 80 -> 110 (+30)

New Moves: Crunch, Night Slash, Iron Head

Flavor Concept: Mandibuzz has fallen on hard times, and has had to become much meaner and more aggressive in order to survive, slimming down and sharpening her beak and talons.

Concept: The stall queen is no more, with a much more aggressive stat spread and a slightly reduced defense, she can't take the hits that she was able to take before. However, with her 115/85/110 offences, she can function as a decent physical attacker, and she's not even all that frail with 110/95/95 defenses either. Crunch and Night Slash are for some stronger physical STABs, and Iron Head is to help her muscle past some of the Fairies that have come up in here. She has Rattled because of her more emaciated frame, and because with her resistances to the three types that activate it she can switch in for a boost to her more than ample speed.
Mega Heatmor (Heatmorite)

Fire ----> Fire/Water
Gluttony/Flash Fire/White Smoke -> Steam Vent (New Ability: Automatically uses the move Haze upon Mega Evolution or switch in.)

HP: 85 -> 85
Atk: 97 -> 107 (+10)
Def: 66 -> 91 (+25)
SpA: 105 -> 125 (+15)
SpD: 66 -> 91 (+25)
Spe: 65 -> 80 (+25)

New Moves: Scald, Muddy Water

Flavor Concept: Heatmor has become a steam engine, with a misty plume of smoke and steam billowing around it.

Concept: Heatmor can now function as a decent anti-setup sweeper, removing all of their boosts in a single swing and hitting hard with STAB Flamethrowers and Scalds off the now adequate SpA stat, easily spreading burns around like nothing. It can also take a good amount of non-super effective hits off its boosted defenses, and the speed buff can help it tremendously.
Hey, thanks for the feedback. How are these updates to them?

Last edited:
Type: Dark/Flying -> Dark/Flying
Abilities: Big Pecks, Overcoat (Weak Armor) -> Scavenger*
*Boosts damage by 50% against foes below 50% HP.
Stats:
Atk: 65 -> 115
Def: 105 -> 110
SpA: 55 -> 75
SpD: 95 -> 100
Spe: 80 -> 100

I wanted to see a non-setup offensive Mandibuzz, but with those terrible offensive stats, there were only three options: Huge Power, Tough Claws, and +100 attack. All of those were boring and flavorless, or in the case of tough claws, overdistributed. So... I opted for a custom ability. Scavenger has beautiful flavor with the whole vulture motif, along with fitting with many other pokemon if one is interested in recycling it.

Mega Mandibuzz's playstyle is much more engaging now. Since she retains her godly defenses, she still walls all the same stuff, but now with a twist. Once the foe gets worn below half (be it toxic, SR, teammates, etc.), she turns into a nuke. For example:

252+ Atk Scavenger Mandibuzz Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey below 50%: 316-373 (44.8 - 52.9%)

Type: Fire -> Fire/Ground
Abilities: Gluttony, Flash Fire (White Smoke) -> Bug Juice* (Other users: Victreebel)
New Moves: Earthquake, Earthpower, Scald
*Bug-type water absorb.
Stats:
Atk: 97 -> 107
Def: 66 -> 91
SpA: 105 -> 155
SpD: 66 -> 86
Spe: 65 -> 65

Meet the ultimate stop to volt-turn. Ever since Bug Juice have been introduced, I've been having a wet dreams for ground-type users, being immune to both auto-switches (unfortunately I missed the more fitting user in carnivine.) Bug juice plays homage to Heatmor gobbling up durants, while ground typing makes sense for a mammal who has its face planted on the... well... ground.

The buffed defenses give it some compensation for low speed and allow it to handle whatever moves the volt-turner may throw at it after switching in. The offensive buffs mostly go towards SpA, however, a small buff in attack keeps its mixed capabilities. The new moves gives STAB for the new typing, scald is for Rotom-H.

If you want something that can reliably beat every volt-turner bar Rotom-W, look no further.

Fire -> Fire/Water
Ability: Adaptability

HP: 85 (+0) -> 85
Atk: 97 (+30) -> 127
Def: 66 (+20) -> 86
SpA: 105 (+10) -> 115
SpD: 66 (+15) -> 81
Spe: 65 (+25) -> 90

Movepool Additions: Steam Eruption/Scald (if unreleased moves aren't allowed), Fire Fang

This was my original idea from the discussion earlier (most of these are, actually), and I decided on Adaptability for the ability, because Fire/Water provides great neutral coverage against any non-Dragon-or Water-type. (I would have used Fire/Ground, but almost everyone else used that so I opted for something a little different.) Since Heatmor's best STABs are on the Special side, I didn't need to put as much into Special Attack, and it gave me some extra Attack to invest. Adaptability powers up its strong special STABs in Steam Eruption and Fire Blast to power through some of its frailer resists: 252+ SpA Adaptability Heatmor Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Noivern: 145-171 (46.6 - 54.9%) -- 66% chance to 2HKO. To give a good example of its power, it can 2HKO a max/max Mew around 50% of the time with Fire Blast. It also has great coverage moves like Giga Drain, Superpower, Focus Blast and Sucker Punch to hit some mons that resist its STABs for neutral or SE damage. I also gave it Fire Fang because it made sense for it to have a physical STAB with its newly boosted physical Attack to melt Durant with. I boosted its defenses and Speed a bit as well. Nothing groundbreaking, but 90 Speed lets it outspeed threats that it was checked by before.

Dark/Flying -> Dark/Flying
Ability: Shiver

HP: 110 (+0) -> 110
Atk: 65 (+25) -> 90
Def: 105 (+15) -> 120
SpA: 55 (+15) -> 70
SpD: 95 (+0) -> 95
Speed: 80 (+35) -> 115

Movepool Additions: none

Our favorite aviary scavenger is back with even more bulk, speed and attack, ready to stall you to death and then feast on your carcass. However, with its now-decent base 90 Attack, it gains an extra tool to help finish threats off, as well as defeat one of its most hated checks, Mega Venusaur. Non-mega Mandi has a 0.4% chance to 2HKO MVenu with Brave Bird, and that's the only thing that actually does anything to it: Foul Play is pathetic as is Knock Off since it's a mega, and Toxic does not affect it. But now with the buffed Attack, Mandibuzz can easily outspeed and 2HKO MVenu, among other things that are weak to it. It doesn't do that much damage to neutral threats, though; you're better off Roost/Toxic stalling it to death, made easier thanks to a directly boosted Defense and an indirectly boosted Special Defense through Shiver, as well as a higher Speed stat.

Normal/Flying -> Normal/Flying
Ability: Infiltrator

HP: 100 (+0) -> 100
Atk: 123 (+17) -> 135
Def: 75 (+13) -> 88
SpA: 57 (+15) -> 73
SpD: 75 (+35) -> 110
Spe: 80 (+20) -> 100

Braviary has become the ultimate Bulk Up user. It has three base 120 Physical attacks, two of which are STAB, as well as a great coverage move in Superpower whose stat drops are negated by Bulk Up. With its fantastic 100/110 special bulk, it can switch in on many special attackers, Bulk Up, and have almost unbreakable bulk on both sides. For example, an 8/0 Mega Braviary survives a Jolly Mega Tyranitar's Stone Edge 100% of the time barring critical hits after it gets up a single Bulk Up. That's pretty damn bulky. Its Special bulk, while not as great as its boosted physical bulk, isn't bad at all, barely getting 2HKO'd by Rotom-W's Volt Switch in a worst-case scenario. 100 is a decent speed tier, although it leaves it outsped by many faster threats, and it has no way to boost its speed besides Tailwind. However, it certainly can pack a punch with that base 135 Attack, and Infiltrator, reflecting Braviary's will to fight even under grim circumstances, lets it hit everything as hard as it possibly can without worrying about subs or screens. Faster threats can try to set up subs while Braviary boosts, but they aren't safe behind their puny punching bags. I really love using Braviary, and this takes a whole new look on it, from the scarf set usually used on its normal form to a much tankier, bulkier, boosting mon.

Fighting/Steel -> Fighting/Steel
Ability: Justified

HP: 91 (+0) -> 91
Atk: 90 (+25) -> 115
Def: 129 (+20) -> 149
SpA: 90 (+18) ->108
SpD: 72 (+25) -> 97
Spe: 108 (+12) -> 120

Movepool Additions: King's Shield

I'm really awful at concentrating, I started typing this at around noon and only got around to finishing it 10 hours later. But whatever, I don't think anyone's posted something that similar to any of mine yet, except maybe the Fire/Water Heatmor.

Mega Mantine, giving Keldeo Water Spout sounds like a huge mistake, considering regular Keldeo gets that extremely powerful move as well. As in, Scarf Keldeo can use it. I worry about any change we make that vastly improves standard sets, which really isn't the point of this meta.
Personally, I'd give all 4 of them King's Shield and only that. They're like the knight Pokemon. Aegislash stole their signature move so maybe they should steal Aegislash's signature move!
Thanks for the suggestion.

I really like the idea of Leech Seed on Virizion though, so I'll give them all King's Shield + another move of their non-fighting type. Keldeo gets Whirlpool now.

Mega Braviary
Typing: Normal/Flying ----> Normal/Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye/Sheer Force/Defiant ----> Sheer Force
BST: 100/123/75/57/75/80 ----> 100/148/110/57/95/100
New Moves: Rock Climb, Flame Wheel, Crunch

For some reason there are only two megas that uses Sheer Force, an ability which I think is on par with the likes of Tough Claws and Technician. Braviary originally is quite lacking in moves that are boosted by Sheer Force, with basically only Rock Slide and Steel Wing for its use. However, now with the addition of Rock Climb, Flame Wheel and Crunch into the movepool, it has much more moves that can be used. 100/110/95 bulk is pretty good, and gives it many occasion to setup Bulk Ups. It can also nab the Defiant boost before Mega Evolving, making it even more powerful.

Mega Mandibuzz
Typing: Dark/Flying ----> Dark/Flying
Abilities: Big Pecks/Overcoat/Weak Armor ----> Bone Spike (Clone of Iron Barbs/Rough Skin)
BST: 110/65/105/55/95/80 ----> 110/115/140/55/120/70
New Moves: Drill Peck, Poison Jab, Bulk Up

Mega Mandibuzz becomes even more of a tank, being even bulkier than Skarmory on the physical side as well as Heatran on the special side. It even have Bulk Up to further buff its Def! Bone Spike can slowly whittle down physical attackers while Mega Mandibuzz setups, and it now has Drill Peck for a non-recoil Flying STAB, as well as Poison Jab against Fairy types. However, due to its otherwise lacking movepool, it's completely walled by the likes of Mega Mawile and Bisharp. Seriously, its only coverage against them is Bone Rush.

Mega Heatmor
Typing: Fire ----> Fire/Water
Abilities: Gluttony/Flash Fire/White Smoke ----> Storm Drain
BST: 85/97/66/105/66/65 ----> 85/132/81/140/66/80
New Moves: Scald, Hydro Pump, Aqua Tail

Basically just buffed offense all around, and an extra Water secondary typing. Fire and Water type compliment each other rather nicely, and Storm Drain further improves its already decent Sp.Atk. It can also use Hone Claws to boost up its Atk with the help of its slightly buffed Def. However, Mega Heatmor is still frail on the special side, and it isn't exactly that fast as well, sitting at the 80 Speed mark.

Mega Cobalion
Typing: Steel/Fighting ----> Steel/Fighting
Abilities: Justified ----> Overwhelm (Uses Taunt on Mega Evolution and switch-in.)
BST: 91/90/129/90/72/108 ----> 91/135/139/100/97/118
New Moves: Extreme Speed, Thunderbolt

I'm going to give each member of the muskedeer quartet different abilities, so they can have different roles. Mega Cobalion here is specifically designed against Stealth Rock setters. It can hit most Stealth Rock setters for SE damage, and even have Thunderbolt for Skarmory. It also have a decent speed, bulk and attack, allowing it to be a viable set-up sweeper with Swords Dance. Overwhelm shuts down many supporters, often causing switches which gives it space to setup. Extreme Speed is also added to its movepool if it wants to do revenge kill.

zerobreaker000, the reason Sheer Force is so unused is that Tough Claws does the same thing for contact moves but allows secondary effects to exist. Braviary's viable movepool is entirely contact if I'm not mistaken, so there's no reason to use Sheer Force over Tough Claws except to nerf an already underwhelming mon (also, none of your three added moves have a lick of flavor that I can see; a flying bird has no means or need to climb up rocks, Braviary can't even learn Flame Charge, the most common physical Fire moves non-Fire mons can learn, and while it's certainly possible, it's pretty difficult to crunch without teeth).

zerobreaker000, the reason Sheer Force is so unused is that Tough Claws does the same thing for contact moves but allows secondary effects to exist. Braviary's viable movepool is entirely contact if I'm not mistaken, so there's no reason to use Sheer Force over Tough Claws except to nerf an already underwhelming mon (also, none of your three added moves have a lick of flavor that I can see; a flying bird has no means or need to climb up rocks, Braviary can't even learn Flame Charge, the most common physical Fire moves non-Fire mons can learn, and while it's certainly possible, it's pretty difficult to crunch without teeth).
Welp, I'm out of ideas. Maybe I'll either keep it up there or drop it.

Cobalion
Ability: Ferrate (Steel type -ate ability)

Atk: 90 (+20) -> 110
Def: 129 (+30) -> 159
SpA: 90 (+20) ->110
SpD: 72 (+20) -> 92
Spe: 108 (+10) -> 118

Movepool Additions: King's Shield, Hyper Voice, Body Slam

Concept: There's not much to this, the musketeers will follow a simple formula: +10 Speed, +30 to the stat at 129, +20 to the rest, and an -ate ability for the secondary STAB, replete with new moves to abuse said ability. The real beauty might be Body Slam's ability to paralyze without fear of any immunity, though it's 20% weaker than Return.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Mega Terakion (Terakionite)

Type: Rock/Fighting -> Rock/Dark
Ability: Justified -> Brute Force
Stats:
HP: 91 -> 91 (+0)
Atk: 129 -> 165 (+36)
Def: 90 -> 80 (-10)
SpA: 72 -> 104 (+32)
SpD: 90 -> 115 (+25)
Spe: 108 -> 125 (+17)
BST: 580 -> 680 (+100)
Movepool Additions: Snarl

Justification: The idea here was that Megarakion goes way overboard in its zeal to protect Pokemon from humans, similar to what happened with VIKI in I, Robot. It has increased its protection from magic, (read: special attacks) but mostly it is of the philosophy that the best defense is a heavy offense, heavily increasing all 3 of its offensive stats, but its Defense lowering slightly, making it vulnerable to priority from the likes of Scizor, Metagross, Lucario, and Conkeldurr. Though it is still pure of heart, it gains the Dark-type to represent its increased hostility toward humans. The justification with Brute Force was that I was going to put stats into its SpA, but Terakion's SpA is high enough to begin with that a slight buff would make available a mixed set for Megarakion, which I theorymoned would be too unpredictable and unhealthy for the metagame. Thus, I increased its SpA while at the same time making the stat literally useless. Additionally, Brute Force lets players make decisions between Close Combat's accuracy or Focus Blast's lack of drawbacks (apart from accuracy). The addition of Snarl to its movepool also gives it Dark-type STAB and a way to buffer its already good Special Defense.

Mega Terakion (Terakionite)

Type: Rock/Fighting -> Rock/Dark
Ability: Justified -> Brute Force
Stats:
HP: 91 -> 91 (+0)
Atk: 129 -> 165 (+36)
SpA: 72 -> 104 (+32)
SpD: 90 -> 115 (+25)
Spe: 108 -> 125 (+17)
BST: 580 -> 680 (+100)
Movepool Additions: Snarl

Justification: The idea here was that Megarakion goes way overboard in its zeal to protect Pokemon from humans, similar to what happened with VIKI in I, Robot. It has increased its protection from magic, (read: special attacks) but mostly it is of the philosophy that the best defense is a heavy offense, heavily increasing all 3 of its offensive stats, but its Defense lowering slightly, making it vulnerable to priority from the likes of Scizor, Metagross, Lucario, and Conkeldurr. Though it is still pure of heart, it gains the Dark-type to represent its increased hostility toward humans. The justification with Brute Force was that I was going to put stats into its SpA, but Terakion's SpA is high enough to begin with that a slight buff would make available a mixed set for Megarakion, which I theorymoned would be too unpredictable and unhealthy for the metagame. Thus, I increased its SpA while at the same time making the stat literally useless. Additionally, Brute Force lets players make decisions between Close Combat's accuracy or Focus Blast's lack of drawbacks (apart from accuracy). The addition of Snarl to its movepool also gives it Dark-type STAB and a way to buffer its already good Special Defense.
Not on that slate ATM. The current one is Braviary / Mandibuzz / Heatmor / Cobalion. Speaking of which, shouldn't voting be open now?

Reactions: AM
I'm trying to normalize everything. Since yesterday the submissions started with a half day delay, today, I'm just going to push it back further and we'll start the vote tonight through tomorrow.

Voting starting any time soon? The sooner we begin, the more time we'll have to discuss the next slate, which means higher quantity and quality of submissions.

edit: That sounds good. (i didnt want to make a useless 3 word post so yeah)

Last edited:
Since the voting ended midday yesterday, I'm just going to begin the next voting tomorrow morning. Don't worry about it. We just seemed to have expanded the last voting and submissions by a half day

This project looks awesome. I’ll contribute:

Mega Braviary
Typing: Normal/Flying ----> Fighting/Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye/Sheer Force/Defiant ----> Gladiate (Fighting-type –ate)
BST: 100/123/75/57/75/80 ----> 100/163 (+40)/90 (+15)/70 (+13)/95 (+15)/117 (+17)

Mega Mandibuzz
Abilities: Big Pecks/Overcoat/Weak Armor ----> Bone Armor (Gains Ground Typing)
BST: 110/65/105/55/95/80 ----> 110/85 (+20)/150(+45)/85 (+30)/100 (+5)/80
Added moves: Bone Club, Bonemerang

So considering I just woke up and did this before 6 AM...there's bound to be a few mistakes. You know the drill, PM The Pizza Man your votes

Current Slate

Mega Braviary
Type: Normal/Flying-> Normal/Flying
Ability: Keen Eye/Sheer Force/Defiant-> Gale Wings
New Moves: Nada

HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: 123 -> 129 (+6)
Def: 75 -> 85 (+10)
SpA: 57 -> 112 (+55)
SpD: 75 -> 85 (+10)
Spe: 80 -> 99 (+19)

Flavor Concept: Braviary's headdress expands, and screw it, let's give him a belt with a tomahawk hanging from it for old time's sake.

Competitive Concept: Is there any ability that speaks for itself quite like Gale Wings? The ability that took Gen 6's averagebird soaring into OU makes its triumphant return on another pokemon that sorely needs it, and on paper is looks to be a far greater threat than Talonflame. But would this be OP? Let's explore.

We've got ourselves a bird with 129 attack and priority STAB Brave Bird. So already, yikes. Then we have to take his solid 100/85/85 defenses, as well as Bulk Up, into account. And Priority Roost, can't forget that. And, on top of all this, Braviary can feasibly switch in on a Defogger and gain a free Defiant boost before Mevolving and wrecking.

BUT, here's why I think Mega Braviary would be great, but not broken. For starters, without Swords Dance, he can't rapidly boost attack like Talonflame. Second, unlike Talonflame, he gets virtually no additional coverage with its non-flying STAB, and has to rely on the stat-lowering non-STAB Superpower (or Heat Wave, which requires investment and a defense-lowering nature to be effective even with his new special attack stat) if he wants to hit Steel-types. Third, unlike Talonflame, Braviary's running off a trollish base 99 speed, meaning his non-Flying moves will be outsped by a huge portion of the meta and any priority user above that speed will attack first. Fourth, he can't run any items to supplement his power or survivability, meaning that like any mega, he's not quite as powerful as it looks. And finally, the biggest reason I think he'll be just fine, is that this mon won't be playing in OU, but in this meta we're building, which has several mon like Cloud Step Mienshao tailored to counter priority flying users.

So yes, this Mega Braviary is a monster and would be a gigantic new threat, but not one that would break this meta. And he would certainly be fun to use.

Mega Braviary
Type: Normal/Flying -> Normal/Flying
Ability: Keen Eye/Sheer Force/Defiant -> Defiant
New Moves: Quick Attack

Atk: 123 -> 157 (+34)
Def: 75 -> 100 (+25)
SpA: 57 -> 83 (+26)
SpD: 75 -> 100 (+25)
Spe: 80 -> 70 (-10)

Flavor Concept: Most Normal/Flying birds get Quick Attack, so I figured why not.

Competitive Concept: Bulky Defiant sweeper with decent coverage and great power. Superpower is probably the move of choice to round off the Normal/Flying coverage now that Aegi is gone. It can also afford to run Roost if recovery is necessary.

Mega Braviary

Normal / Flying ----> Flying / Fighting
Sheer Force / Keen Eye / Defiant ----> Aerialate
100 / 123 / 75 / 57 / 75 / 80 (510) ----> 100 / 143 (+20) / 100 (+25) / 57 / 100 (+25) / 110 (+30) (610)
New Moves: Quick Attack

Mega Braviary becomes a very well rounded wall breaker of sorts. With 143 base Attack, Aerialate, and STAB on Fighting-type moves, Mega Braviary can pack a nasty punch, and having 110 base Speed allows him to potentially sweep the competition. The addition of Aerialate Quick Attack allows Mega Braviary to get the jump on faster, frailer opponents, and can finish off weakened foes as well, and with his additional Fighting typing, not only does Mega Braviary get STAB on Superpower, but he also sheds his Stealth Rock weakness, allowing for easier switch-ins. His respectable 100 / 100 / 100 bulk can potentially make defensive sets possible, or better yet, Bulk Up could be used to defend and sweep with a powered up Quick Attack.

Mega Braviary
Type: Normal/Flying-> Fight/Flying
Ability: Keen Eye/Sheer Force/Defiant-> Tough Claws
New Moves: Close Combat

Atk: 123 -> 140 (+17)
SpA: 57 -> 60 (+3)

Concept: Breaking story - Eagle claws are goddamn tough. The things that they can crack which are harder than your skull are numerous by far!

In less breaking a story, 100 defenses are not to be underestimated, nor is Tough Claws 140 atk when faster than and stronger than Charizard. Of course, you'll kill yourself faster with Brave Bird and Close Combat and Bulk Up is a poor substitute to the Dances. It's not hopeless though, far from it, as Roost will soften your suicidal tendencies. Between the dual STAB of self doom, you can kill plenty, but the defensive boosts are more there so you can burn through them with Close Combat.

I was considering ESpeed, but even the never Super Effective Quick Attack feels too good here as well so enjoy Close Combat alone.

If you want to play with your defenses up, you may.

+1 0 Atk Tough Claws Braviary Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 180-212 (55.5 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
That's the power of a Bulk Up.

0 Atk Tough Claws Braviary Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 612-720 (86.9 - 102.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

If you want, you can skim on the offenses to take hits better and play defensively with Defog and Tailwind.

Mega Briavary
Type: Normal/Flying-> Normal/Flying
Ability: Keen Eye/Sheer Force/Defiant-> Shock and Awe (moves 120 BP and above boosted by 1.25x, all others do .75 damage)
New Moves: N/A
Atk: 123 -> 158 (+35)
SpA: 57 -> 57
Spe: 80 -> 95 (+15)

Braviary gets as AMURICA as possible. In the home of the brave, you can bet that Mega Braviary's coming with the biggest, hardest, bravest Brave Bird of them all, and Superpower (as in world superpower) gets a nice boost as well - with 252 Attack EVs and a neutral nature it does 95% minimum to standard Blissey. Like America, Mega Braviary is second to none in bringing out the big guns but sometimes doesn't fully take all the consequences into account. In exchange for the massive wallbreaking power its ability (the anti-Technician) grants, your main attacking moves will be causing recoil damage and stat drops left and right.

Mega Braviary (Braviarite)

Normal/Flying ----> Dark/Flying
Keen Eye/Sheer Force/Defiant ----> Intimidate

Atk: 123 -> 140 (+17)
SpA: 57 -> 67 (+10)
Spe: 80 -> 103 (+23)

New Moves: Night Slash, Foul Play, Dark Pulse

Flavor Concept: Braviary becomes a disgraced warrior, acting as a bogeyman in the night, scaring off the weak willed and the infirm with its now titanic attack and buffed speed tier.

Concept: Braviary is based off of a Native American warrior, so I though what would happen if he was struck from grace and became something of a villain. He becomes much faster and more durable, with Intimidate helping keep his opponents at bay. Night Slash and Fowl Play are for some newly added STAB, and Dark Pulse was added should you (for whatever reason I mean come on) decide to go mixed or special.

Braviary (Braviarynite)
Type: Normal/Flying -> Fighting/Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye, Sheer Force (Defiant) -> Sheer Force
New Moves: Earthquake, Blaze Kick

Atk: 123 -> 173 (+50)
Def: 75 -> 95 (+20)
SpA: 57 -> 57
SpD: 75 -> 105 (+30)
Spe: 80 -> 80
BST: 510 -> 610

Braviary becomes powerful and bulky, and Bulk Up with attacks boosted by Sheer Force it can do some real damage.

Mega Braviary
Normal/Flying -> Normal/Flying
Ability: Infiltrator

HP: 100 (+0) -> 100
Atk: 123 (+17) -> 135
Def: 75 (+13) -> 88
SpA: 57 (+15) -> 73
SpD: 75 (+35) -> 110
Spe: 80 (+20) -> 100

Braviary has become the ultimate Bulk Up user. It has three base 120 Physical attacks, two of which are STAB, as well as a great coverage move in Superpower whose stat drops are negated by Bulk Up. With its fantastic 100/110 special bulk, it can switch in on many special attackers, Bulk Up, and have almost unbreakable bulk on both sides. For example, an 8/0 Mega Braviary survives a Jolly Mega Tyranitar's Stone Edge 100% of the time barring critical hits after it gets up a single Bulk Up. That's pretty damn bulky. Its Special bulk, while not as great as its boosted physical bulk, isn't bad at all, barely getting 2HKO'd by Rotom-W's Volt Switch in a worst-case scenario. 100 is a decent speed tier, although it leaves it outsped by many faster threats, and it has no way to boost its speed besides Tailwind. However, it certainly can pack a punch with that base 135 Attack, and Infiltrator, reflecting Braviary's will to fight even under grim circumstances, lets it hit everything as hard as it possibly can without worrying about subs or screens. Faster threats can try to set up subs while Braviary boosts, but they aren't safe behind their puny punching bags. I really love using Braviary, and this takes a whole new look on it, from the scarf set usually used on its normal form to a much tankier, bulkier, boosting mon.

Mega Braviary
Typing: Normal/Flying ----> Normal/Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye/Sheer Force/Defiant ----> Sheer Force
BST: 100/123/75/57/75/80 ----> 100/148/110/57/95/100
New Moves: Rock Climb, Flame Wheel, Crunch

For some reason there are only two megas that uses Sheer Force, an ability which I think is on par with the likes of Tough Claws and Technician. Braviary originally is quite lacking in moves that are boosted by Sheer Force, with basically only Rock Slide and Steel Wing for its use. However, now with the addition of Rock Climb, Flame Wheel and Crunch into the movepool, it has much more moves that can be used. 100/110/95 bulk is pretty good, and gives it many occasion to setup Bulk Ups. It can also nab the Defiant boost before Mega Evolving, making it even more powerful.

Mega Braviary
Typing: Normal/Flying ----> Fighting/Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye/Sheer Force/Defiant ----> Gladiate (Fighting-type –ate)
BST: 100/123/75/57/75/80 ----> 100/163 (+40)/90 (+15)/70 (+13)/95 (+15)/117 (+17)

Mega Mandibuzz
Type: Dark/Flying-> Dark/Flying
Ability: Big Pecks/Overcoat/Weak Armor-> Magic Guard
New Moves: None

Atk: 65 -> 75 (+10)
Def: 105 -> 130 (+25)
SpA: 55 -> 65 (+10)
SpD: 95 -> 120 (+25)

Flavor Concept: Full skeleton armor, including a Cubone's skull for a helmet. The Carrion Queen!

Competitive Concept: Unaware Mandibuzz is something I really wanted to do, but I mentioned before that "Unaware" is, in the original version, more accurately translated as "Doofus", which really doesn't fit Mandy's flavor at all.

So I gave her even more defense than I was going to and gave her Magic Guard. Now that Aegislash is gone, Mandy's usage is already falling, and that's a damn shame considering how hard the bulky buzzard is to take down. Now with Magic Guard to eliminate Stealth Rock damage and the death sentence of Toxic, Mandibuzz becomes an incredible wall. Still resisting Bisharp's Dark STAB, Magic Guard turns her into the best Defogger around.

But wait, there's more. On top of her crazy defenses, Mandibuzz's speed skyrocketed from a good base 80 to a fantastic base 110, and her even faster Taunt supplements her bulk and Magic Guard to make her an incredible force against stall and set-up alike. Moreover, she still has Foul Play to wreck would-be attackers, and her boost in Attack, slight though it is, does help out Knock Off if you're into that utility. Mandibuzz was a valiant warrior against the onslaught of Aegislash, and this is her much-deserved reward.

Mega Mandibuzz
Ability: Big Pecks/Overcoat/Weak Armor -> Shiver (See OP for description)
New Moves: None

Atk: 65 -> 80 (+15)
Def: 105 -> 125 (+20)
SpA: 55 -> 65 (+10)
SpD: 95 -> 130 (+35)
Spe: 80 -> 100 (+20)

Flavor Concept: The sight of such a disgusting vulture makes the opponent Shiver.

Competitive Concept: Defogger with super bulk and the capacity to cripple many an attacker with the likes of Toxic, Knock Off, and Foul Play. Mega Mandibuzz, despite having limited utility outside of Defog, can wall the best of wallbreakers and outstall the best of stallers. With an excellent speed tier, it can Taunt most opposing SR/status users before they get the chance to strike back.

Mega Mandibuzz
Type: Dark/Flying-> Dark/Flying
Ability: Big Pecks/Overcoat/Weak Armor-> Shiver (Intimidate for Special Attack)

Atk: 65 -> 85 (+20)
SpA: 55 -> 75 (+20)
SpD: 95 -> 120 (+25)
Spe: 80 -> 90 (+10)

Mandibuzz doesn't need too huge of a boost since it's been one of the more reliable Defoggers in OU. It's now basically Dark/Flying Lugia with no Multiscale or Leftovers, so more points than usual were dumped into the offenses to prevent Mega Mandibuzz from walling things too easily. You can also try to take more in the set-up direction by forcing a special attacker out and using Nasty Plot. The ability will be often awesome, but since it also activates Defiant/Competitive it can nudge Mega Mandibuzz away from totally overshadowing regular Mandibuzz as a Defogger (and also a Grass-type check since it can be slept with Sleep Powder/Spore)

Mega Mandibuzz (Mandibuzzite)

Dark/Flying ----> Dark/Flying
Ability: Big Pecks/Overcoat/Weak Armor -> Rattled

Atk: 65 -> 115 (+50)
Def: 105 -> 95 (-10)
SpA: 55 -> 95 (+40)
SpD: 95 -> 85 (-10)

New Moves: Crunch, Night Slash, Iron Head

Flavor Concept: Mandibuzz has fallen on hard times, and has had to become much meaner and more aggressive in order to survive, slimming down and sharpening her beak and talons.

Concept: The stall queen is no more, with a much more aggressive stat spread and a slightly reduced defense, she can't take the hits that she was able to take before. However, with her 115/85/110 offences, she can function as a decent physical attacker, and she's not even all that frail with 110/95/95 defenses either. Crunch and Night Slash are for some stronger physical STABs, and Iron Head is to help her muscle past some of the Fairies that have come up in here. She has Rattled because of her more emaciated frame, and because with her resistances to the three types that activate it she can switch in for a boost to her more than ample speed.

Mandibuzz (Mandibuzzite)
Abilities: Big Pecks, Overcoat (Weak Armor) -> Overcoat
New Moves: Earth Power, Sludge Bomb

Atk: 65 -> 65
Def: 105 -> 135 (+30)
SpA: 55 -> 85 (+40)
SpD: 95 -> 125 (+30)
Spe: 80 -> 80
BST: 510 -> 610

Mandibuzz doesn't need much to make it better, as it already is solidly OU. It gains some standard stat boosts, the special attack allows it to use Nasty Plot decently.

Mega Mandibuzz
Ability: Big Pecks/Overcoat/Weak Armor -> Gale Wings
New Moves: Feather Dance

Atk: 65 -> 85 (+20)
SpA: 55 -> 70 (+15)
SpD: 95 -> 135 (+40)
Spe: 80

Concept: Despite having no attacking stats whatsoever, Mandibuzz is a unique Gale Winger who wishes it instead had Prankster. Gale Wings gives it 5 support options with priority: Feather Dance, Roost, Defog, Tailwind and Mirror Move (why would you ever use this?!)

That said, you could always go for a surprise Brave Bird since you'll probably have the health to take it, and Air Slash is hax... but why not use your actual talents.

The real thing is a pseudo prankster. Feather Dance is a burn of sorts that doesn't disturb your other status effects, and will easily force that Dragonite or Tyranitar to switch out... and they should, since the next move is probably toxic... or is it Defog? Maybe you can setup Tailwind, and they certainly don't want your sweeper to have that boost. Granted, all of this comes at the cost of an item and weather will now wear you down. Beware taunts that outspeed you, this move is the reason prankster was out of the question.

Mega Mandibuzz
Abilities: Big Pecks, Overcoat (Weak Armor) -> Scavenger*
*Boosts damage by 50% against foes below 50% HP.
Stats:
Atk: 65 -> 115
Def: 105 -> 110
SpA: 55 -> 75
SpD: 95 -> 100
Spe: 80 -> 100

I wanted to see a non-setup offensive Mandibuzz, but with those terrible offensive stats, there were only three options: Huge Power, Tough Claws, and +100 attack. All of those were boring and flavorless, or in the case of tough claws, overdistributed. So... I opted for a custom ability. Scavenger has beautiful flavor with the whole vulture motif, along with fitting with many other pokemon if one is interested in recycling it.

Mega Mandibuzz's playstyle is much more engaging now. Since she retains her godly defenses, she still walls all the same stuff, but now with a twist. Once the foe gets worn below half (be it toxic, SR, teammates, etc.), she turns into a nuke. For example:

252+ Atk Scavenger Mandibuzz Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey below 50%: 316-373 (44.8 - 52.9%)

Mega Mandibuzz
Dark/Flying -> Dark/Flying
Ability: Shiver

HP: 110 (+0) -> 110
Atk: 65 (+25) -> 90
Def: 105 (+15) -> 120
SpA: 55 (+15) -> 70
SpD: 95 (+0) -> 95
Speed: 80 (+35) -> 115

Our favorite aviary scavenger is back with even more bulk, speed and attack, ready to stall you to death and then feast on your carcass. However, with its now-decent base 90 Attack, it gains an extra tool to help finish threats off, as well as defeat one of its most hated checks, Mega Venusaur. Non-mega Mandi has a 0.4% chance to 2HKO MVenu with Brave Bird, and that's the only thing that actually does anything to it: Foul Play is pathetic as is Knock Off since it's a mega, and Toxic does not affect it. But now with the buffed Attack, Mandibuzz can easily outspeed and 2HKO MVenu, among other things that are weak to it. It doesn't do that much damage to neutral threats, though; you're better off Roost/Toxic stalling it to death, made easier thanks to a directly boosted Defense and an indirectly boosted Special Defense through Shiver, as well as a higher Speed stat.

Mega Mandibuzz
Abilities: Big Pecks/Overcoat/Weak Armor ----> Bone Spike (Clone of Iron Barbs/Rough Skin)
BST: 110/65/105/55/95/80 ----> 110/115/140/55/120/70
New Moves: Drill Peck, Poison Jab, Bulk Up

Mega Mandibuzz becomes even more of a tank, being even bulkier than Skarmory on the physical side as well as Heatran on the special side. It even have Bulk Up to further buff its Def! Bone Spike can slowly whittle down physical attackers while Mega Mandibuzz setups, and it now has Drill Peck for a non-recoil Flying STAB, as well as Poison Jab against Fairy types. However, due to its otherwise lacking movepool, it's completely walled by the likes of Mega Mawile and Bisharp. Seriously, its only coverage against them is Bone Rush.

Mega Mandibuzz
Abilities: Big Pecks/Overcoat/Weak Armor ----> Bone Armor (Gains Ground Typing)
BST: 110/65/105/55/95/80 ----> 110/85 (+20)/150(+45)/85 (+30)/100 (+5)/80
Added moves: Bone Club, Bonemerang

Mega Heatmor
Type: Fire -> Fire/Water
Ability: Flash Fire/Gluttony/White Smoke -> Bug Juice (an ability given to Mega Victreebel, a Water Absorb clone for bug types)
85/97/66/105/66/65 -> 85/97/116/155/96/35
New Moves: Aura Sphere, Scald, Earth Power

So, this is a fun Mega. Instead of trying to kill Durant by overpowering it, it's now really good defensively against its STAB attacks to the point that it won't just care about it being attacked. Thanks to Bug Juice it's immune to Bug-types and with it's typing it's 4x resistant to steel attacks. It's also physically bulky with a strong special attack. While Mega Durant is immune to fire attacks, Scald will mess it up hard.

With the Mega Heatmor here and Mega Durant we have already done, if we giving Mega Heatmor 252 SpAtk and HP, Mega Durant CANNOT OHKO it at all. The best it has against it is Superpower which does at most 57.7%. With the standard EVing for Mega Durant, Mega Heatmor will do at LEAST 98.8% damage to Mega Durant with Scald. And, it has that nifty 30% chance of burns!

It's going to be one of those standard, kind of defensive but very offensive and slow Megas that can't heal itself like we see in Mega Ampharos and Mega Abomasnow.

Mega Heatmor
Type: Fire-> Fire/Fighting
Ability: Flash Fire/Gluttony/White Smoke-> Contrary
New Moves: Overheat

Atk: 97 -> 112 (+15)
Def: 66 -> 86 (+20)
SpA: 105 -> 115 (+10)
SpD: 66 -> 96 (+30)
Spe: 65 -> 90 (+25)

Flavor Concept: Heatmor gets a Miami Heat jersey with the name "Mor" written on the back and number 631 on the front. Or maybe its weird penis bone thing just goes away. Your call, Smogon.

Competitive Concept: Hooray, another Fire/Fighting mon to play with! And moreover, like its predecessors, it's mixed! How original!

Well, look again, hypothetical sarcastic naysayer. On top of using secondary Fighting typing to neutralize its Rock weakness, give it a resistance to the much-improved Dark type (it now resists both of Bisharp's STABs!), and double its resistance to the puny Bug attacks of Durant, Heatmor gains STAB on the excellent Contrary move Superpower, acting as a free Bulk Up every time it attacks. Moreover, with Overheat, it's also gets a free Nasty Plot on an even stronger attack. Both moves can fit on the same set for tremendous mixed power, constantly raising its stats as it crushes through walls. Supplemental moves like Giga Drain, Thunder Punch, Knock Off, and Will o Wisp give Heatmor just what it needs to go from joke to powerhouse.

But isn't Contrary STAB Superpower/Overheat a bit much? Perhaps even OP? Well, not exactly; despite these excellent moves, Heatmor has no way of boosting its middling speed or its decent, but hardly groundbreaking special defense. Moreover, its new Fighting type renders it weak to the incredibly prevalent Flying type. An Earthquake weakness and vulnerability to all forms of hazards (barring a speed boost from Sticky Web) certainly isn't helpful. And finally, barring Giga Drain, it can't do much damage to the Unaware duo of Clefable and Quagsire, each of whom resists one of Heatmor's STABs and neither of which care about its stat boosts.

Mega Heatmor
Type: Fire -> Fire
Ability: Gluttony/Flash Fire/White Smoke -> Mold Breaker
New Moves: Scald, Lava Plume, Soft-Boiled

Atk: 97 -> 97
Def: 66 -> 107 (+41)
SpA: 105 -> 158 (+53)
SpD: 66 -> 107 (+41)
Spe: 65 -> 30 (-35)

Flavor Concept: Mold Breaker to complete the Heatmor-Durant relationship, obviously. Scald and Soft-Boiled because it’s hot and can easily boil things, I guess. Lava Plume because it should most definitely already have that.

Competitive Concept: Interesting Fire-type tank that can deal heavy damage and constantly threaten to burn the opponent. No one is safe to switch in to Scald or Lava Plume because no type is intrinsically immune to either of them and Mold Breaker fucks up the opponents’ abilities. Soft-Boiled and Scald differentiate it from Heatran, who would otherwise outclass it. Giga Drain is another cool move to round off the Grass/Fire/Water coverage and gain offensive recovery.

Mega Heatmor
Type: Fire-> Fire/Ground
Ability: Flash Fire/Gluttony/White Smoke-> Dry Skin
New Moves: Scald, Land Power, Earthquake

Atk: 97 -> 114 (+17)
Def: 66 -> 80 (+14)
SpA: 105 -> 130 (+25)
SpD: 66 -> 85 (+19)
Spe: 65 -> 90 (+25)

Concept: Mega Heatmor is a dirt digging anteater who searches the dryest places on earth for ants. Dry Skin with Fire/Ground seems abusive, but keep in mind, you cannot abuse your power in the sun as well. On the other hand, Heatmor is one of very few fire types to learn Rain Dance. The other learners are either legendary (Moltres, Entei, Ho-oh,) or don't start as a fire type and inherit the ability to learn from their other forms (Flareon, Rotom.) Volcanion should be obvious, but it's a water type.

Heatmor has this unique capacity and while it sounds useless, it should be abused, and could find a unique niche on rain teams much like Moltres does.

On top of that, Rotom-W is absolutely powerless against it unless it painsplits constantly. It cannot use either STAB, and it cannot burn it! It must switch out!

Mega Heatmor
Type: Fire-> Fire/Ground
Ability: Flash Fire/Gluttony/White Smoke-> Heat Seek (Fire moves don't miss)
New Moves: Earth Power, Scald
85/97/86/135/106/75
Atk: 97 -> 97
SpA: 105 -> 135 (+30)
SpD: 66 -> 106 (+40)
Spe: 65 -> 75 (+10)

Heatmor, meet Heat Seek. Its stats leave a lot to be desired, so I did what I could to make it viable as a somewhat tanky burn-spreading platform with Inferno. The stat distribution's specialized for something that would be spamming Inferno as often as possible, and I kept it Fire instead of Fire/Fighting with No Guard to make it less bird bait, added more Sp. Def than Defense since it should be burning most things, and kept it moderately slow because adding 40-50 points to make it decently fast would've left it super frail. Nothing likes switching in on a burn, especially when even a Fire resist will be taking at least 20-25% damage in the first place. Heatmor can even stay in on physical Rock/Water types that are burned and try to finish them off with Giga Drain, and it now gets Earth Power and Scald to deal with many Fire types.

For damage output, Inferno from base 135 SpA outdamages Flamethrower from 155 SpA, and that's before the extra 12.5% a burn tacks on:

252+ SpA Heatmor (No Move) vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-B: 225-265 (57.5 - 67.7%)
252+ SpA Heatmor Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-B: 223-264 (57 - 67.5%)

Mega Heatmor (Heatmorite)

Fire ----> Fire/Water
Gluttony/Flash Fire/White Smoke -> Steam Vent (New Ability: Automatically uses the move Haze upon Mega Evolution or switch in.)

Atk: 97 -> 107 (+10)
Def: 66 -> 91 (+25)
SpA: 105 -> 125 (+15)
SpD: 66 -> 91 (+25)
Spe: 65 -> 80 (+25)

New Moves: Scald, Muddy Water

Flavor Concept: Heatmor has become a steam engine, with a misty plume of smoke and steam billowing around it.

Concept: Heatmor can now function as a decent anti-setup sweeper, removing all of their boosts in a single swing and hitting hard with STAB Flamethrowers and Scalds off the now adequate SpA stat, easily spreading burns around like nothing. It can also take a good amount of non-super effective hits off its boosted defenses, and the speed buff can help it tremendously.

Heatmor (Heatmorite)
Abilities: Gluttony, Flash Fire (White Smoke) -> Dirt Chew (ability i didn't make) (Ground-type water absorb, restores health when hit by a Ground move including status moves.)
New Moves: Swords Dance, Earthquake, Earth Power
Atk: 97 -> 127 (+20)
SpA: 105 -> 155 (+50)
SpD: 66 -> 106 (+40)
Spe: 65 -> 35 (-30)
BST: 484 -> 584

Mega Heatmor, frustrated by an immunity Mega Durant developed (completely out of nowhere) to its main mode of attack, haphazardly tears up colonies. Competitively it leaves it with a single (4x) weakness to Water.

Mega Heatmor
Typing: Fire -->Fire/Steel
Ability: Gluttony/Flash Fire/White Smoke --> Mold Breaker
Stats: 85/97/66/105/66/65 --> 85/107/86/145/76/85
New Moves: Iron Head, Flash Cannon

The Heatmor species, enraged that their favorite snack, the Durant, has grown a resistance to it with its Mega Evolution has now risen up with its own. Flavourwise, Mega Heatmor can destroy Mega Durant. It's lost its weakness to Rock Slide with its new steel type and it has gained Mold Breaker to bypass its ability. Outside of destroying Mega Durant, Mega Heatmor is quite nice. Its got a decent amount of bulk on the physical side and on the special side its quite a nice poke. It can use its Mold Breaker to hit through pokes like Heatran, Mega Venusaur, and as said earlier, Mega Durant. It also has nice Giga Drain coverage to deal with Water types

Mega Heatmor
Abilities: Gluttony, Flash Fire (White Smoke) -> Bug Juice* (Other users: Victreebel)
New Moves: Earthquake, Earthpower, Scald
*Bug-type water absorb.
Stats:
Atk: 97 -> 107
Def: 66 -> 91
SpA: 105 -> 155
SpD: 66 -> 86
Spe: 65 -> 65

Meet the ultimate stop to volt-turn. Ever since Bug Juice have been introduced, I've been having a wet dreams for ground-type users, being immune to both auto-switches (unfortunately I missed the more fitting user in carnivine.) Bug juice plays homage to Heatmor gobbling up durants, while ground typing makes sense for a mammal who has its face planted on the... well... ground.

The buffed defenses give it some compensation for low speed and allow it to handle whatever moves the volt-turner may throw at it after switching in. The offensive buffs mostly go towards SpA, however, a small buff in attack keeps its mixed capabilities. The new moves gives STAB for the new typing, scald is for Rotom-H.

If you want something that can reliably beat every volt-turner bar Rotom-W, look no further.

Mega Heatmor
Fire -> Fire/Water
Ability: Adaptability

HP: 85 (+0) -> 85
Atk: 97 (+30) -> 127
Def: 66 (+20) -> 86
SpA: 105 (+10) -> 115
SpD: 66 (+15) -> 81
Spe: 65 (+25) -> 90

Movepool Additions: Steam Eruption/Scald (if unreleased moves aren't allowed), Fire Fang

This was my original idea from the discussion earlier (most of these are, actually), and I decided on Adaptability for the ability, because Fire/Water provides great neutral coverage against any non-Dragon-or Water-type. (I would have used Fire/Ground, but almost everyone else used that so I opted for something a little different.) Since Heatmor's best STABs are on the Special side, I didn't need to put as much into Special Attack, and it gave me some extra Attack to invest. Adaptability powers up its strong special STABs in Steam Eruption and Fire Blast to power through some of its frailer resists: 252+ SpA Adaptability Heatmor Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Noivern: 145-171 (46.6 - 54.9%) -- 66% chance to 2HKO. To give a good example of its power, it can 2HKO a max/max Mew around 50% of the time with Fire Blast. It also has great coverage moves like Giga Drain, Superpower, Focus Blast and Sucker Punch to hit some mons that resist its STABs for neutral or SE damage. I also gave it Fire Fang because it made sense for it to have a physical STAB with its newly boosted physical Attack to melt Durant with. I boosted its defenses and Speed a bit as well. Nothing groundbreaking, but 90 Speed lets it outspeed threats that it was checked by before.

Mega Heatmor
Typing: Fire ----> Fire/Water
Abilities: Gluttony/Flash Fire/White Smoke ----> Storm Drain
BST: 85/97/66/105/66/65 ----> 85/132/81/140/66/80
New Moves: Scald, Hydro Pump, Aqua Tail

Basically just buffed offense all around, and an extra Water secondary typing. Fire and Water type compliment each other rather nicely, and Storm Drain further improves its already decent Sp.Atk. It can also use Hone Claws to boost up its Atk with the help of its slightly buffed Def. However, Mega Heatmor is still frail on the special side, and it isn't exactly that fast as well, sitting at the 80 Speed mark.

Mega Cobalion
Type: Steel/Fighting -> Steel/Fighting
Ability: Justified-> Swordmaster (Blade-based moves deal 50% more damage)
New Moves: Night Slash

HP: 91 -> 91
Atk: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Def: 129 -> 150 (+21)
SpA: 90 -> 110 (+20)
SpD: 72 -> 95 (+23)
Spe: 108 -> 124 (+16)

Flavor Concept: Cobalion's horns, shoulder blades, and tail extend, and its beard becomes a breastplate.

Competitive Concept: Like many others, I want the four musketeers to match each other as they do in their standard forms: all for one and one for all, as they say. No matter what's chosen for Cobalion, I'm a big proponent of having all four get the same stat boosts in different areas; for instance, if this submission wins, I'm very much in favor of future Virizion and Terrakion sets having 110/110/150/95 stats distributed accordingly, with 124 speed.
I like these stat boosts because they improve every stat fairly evenly, but with little extra boosts to their best and worst stats while keeping a great new speed tier.

Swordmaster was chosen because, well, these are the musketeers, and I like them using their signature moves. Moreover, Swordmaster improves this group offensively and defensively, as not only does Sacred Sword now outdamage Close Combat, but it does so without lowering defenses. Cobalion and Virizion now don't have to choose between hitting hard and taking hits, and Terrakion and Keldeo appreciate the general power increase just as much (substituting Secret Sword for Sacred Sword for Keldeo, of course). Sacred Sword's fun buff-ignoring property is just icing on the cake. And it even has more PP!

Considering Virizion gets Leaf Blade, I also want our fellow swordsmon to also get supplemental blade moves in their arsenal, even if they don't get Virizion's sweet STAB bonus. I decided on Night Slash for Cobalion because, between it and Psycho Cut (the other most viable option for a new physical blade move), Cobalion needs the coverage more and is less likely to nab KOs on the bulky Fighting types it hates (and which Terrakion, who in my hopes would receive Psycho Cut, could possibly KO with its much higher Attack).

Cobalion maintains its role as the physically bulkiest musketeer, and probably appreciates abandoning Close Combat the most among the crew, as it no longer sacrifices its defense and, unlike Virizion, has no way to heal itself. Swords Dance is easy to set up with 91/150/95 defenses and great typing, and Iron Head/Sacred Sword/Night Slash is pretty wonderful coverage with Swordmaster. Still, the cobalt goat is also the best of the four at a supporting set, with Stealth Rocks, a speedy Taunt, and Volt Switch at the ready. Either way, boosted stats and Swordmaster is all it takes for Cobalion to become a serious threat.

Mega Cobalion
Ability: Justified -> Fire Absorb
New Moves: Glare, U-Turn

Def: 129 -> 154 (+25)
SpD: 72 -> 97 (+25)
Spe: 108 -> 118 (+10)

Flavor Concept: This is the stat distribution and ability I plan to submit for all four musketeers. Fire Absorb is added because they have been known to save people and Pokemon from fires without getting harmed themselves. Glare is added because it’s mentioned in Cobalion’s dex entries. U-Turn because it goes to a place, saves people, and gets out of there. Most of the three main musketeers will get those two moves; however, Keldeo will only get U-Turn because of its boyish nature. Additionally, Terrakion will not get U-Turn because it's too fat and bulky to move that quickly.

Competitive Concept: Paralyze the opponent, tank a hit, and get out of there! Mega Cobalion can avoid most common forms of status with its fortunate ability and type combination. With great speed, typing, and all-round stats, it can last most of the match tanking hits and practically being immune to SR. Additionally, phenomenal physical defense lets it check common attackers like Talonflame and Azumarill without much worry.

Mega Cobalion
Ability: Justified -> Justified

Atk: 90 -> 115 (+25)
Def: 129 -> 154 (+25)
SpA: 90 -> 115 (+25)
SpD: 70 -> 95 (+25)
Spe: 108 -> 108

These are the boosts I came up with it for the legendary fighting Megas. Keeping Speed the same sticks out, but if all four are getting parallel boosts, a 130+ Speed Terrakion/Keldeo could be too much and there's not too many things between 108-125 Speed to put just a few points there (and most of the stuff there, like the Latis, have a typing advantage anyways). You can also think of the evolution as the 4 Musketeers crossing swords and giving points from each of their respective stats (Terrakion-Attack, Cobalion-Defense Keldeo-Special Attack, Virizion-Special Defense).

These boosts make Mega Cobalion bulky as hell. With max HP, it survives a Choice Band Flare Blitz from Talonflame. 25 points to Special Defense make that stat quite respectable, especially if Mega Cobalion runs a Calm Mind set. It can be a bulky booster with Swords Dance/Calm Mind, a Stealth Rock-setting pivot, or a mixed attacking tank.

Mega Cobalion (Cobalionite)

Steel/Fighting ----> Steel/Fighting
Justified -> Iron Barbs

Atk: 90 -> 107 (+17)
Def: 129 -> 179 (+50)
SpA: 90 -> 107 (+17)
SpD: 72 -> 98 (+26)
Spe: 108 -> 98 (-10)

New Moves: Iron Defense

Flavor Concept: Cobalion's armor takes on a thicker, bulkier appearance, with spikes and spines all across it. He also becomes much more durable, with a massive defense boost and Iron Barbs as his ability to deter physical attackers away.

Concept: Cobalion can now take the roll of a premier physical wall, with a huge Def stat and passable SpD, and with mixed offenses of 107/107/98, he can do some decent damage. The Spe drop is to represent the weight of his new armor, and Iron Defense was added to take his walling capabilities to new heights!

Cobalion (Cobalionite)
Abilities: Justified -> Justified
New Moves: King's Shield, Automotize

Def: 129 -> 159 (+30)
SpD: 72 -> 92 (+20)
Spe: 108 -> 118 (+10)
BST: 580 -> 680

King's Shield allows Cobalion to function as a full stop to physical attackers.
It's also the only new Steel move I could give it that both fits it and would be usable. Everything else is just a natural boost to its stats, allowing to to be even better at what it does.

Mega Cobalion
Ability: Justified

Atk: 90 (+25) -> 115
Def: 129 (+20) -> 149
SpA: 90 (+18) ->108
SpD: 72 (+25) -> 97
Spe: 108 (+12) -> 120

Movepool Additions: King's Shield

Mega Cobalion
Typing: Steel/Fighting ----> Steel/Fighting
Abilities: Justified ----> Overwhelm (Uses Taunt on Mega Evolution and switch-in.)
BST: 91/90/129/90/72/108 ----> 91/135/139/100/97/118
New Moves: Extreme Speed, Thunderbolt

I'm going to give each member of the muskedeer quartet different abilities, so they can have different roles. Mega Cobalion here is specifically designed against Stealth Rock setters. It can hit most Stealth Rock setters for SE damage, and even have Thunderbolt for Skarmory. It also have a decent speed, bulk and attack, allowing it to be a viable set-up sweeper with Swords Dance. Overwhelm shuts down many supporters, often causing switches which gives it space to setup. Extreme Speed is also added to its movepool if it wants to do revenge kill.

Cobalion
Ability: Ferrate (Steel type -ate ability)

Atk: 90 (+20) -> 110
Def: 129 (+30) -> 159
SpA: 90 (+20) ->110
SpD: 72 (+20) -> 92
Spe: 108 (+10) -> 118

Movepool Additions: King's Shield, Hyper Voice, Body Slam

Concept: There's not much to this, the musketeers will follow a simple formula: +10 Speed, +30 to the stat at 129, +20 to the rest, and an -ate ability for the secondary STAB, replete with new moves to abuse said ability. The real beauty might be Body Slam's ability to paralyze without fear of any immunity, though it's 20% weaker than Return.

In other news, Mega Audino proved that some Megas just aren't viable in singles and Mega Slowbro seems to be a downgrade unless you can tell me when immunity from crits is better than Regenerator

Hmmm, unless they try to buff critical ratios again, Shell armor on Poor Megas Slowbro is heartbreaking. But if it kept regenerator as a mega ability, I assume that it just may end being banned with its defense buff. Something Gamefreak realizes. Poor Sowbro, it adorably helpless.
Imagine if Mega Amphy had regenerator instead of Mold breaker before it was officially revealed or leaked in the past, I'll use her in a heartbeat.
Mega Audino however, I love her mega so much, the only thing I ask is to buff and change the Healer ability so that it heals like poison heal minus the need of being statused. I say that her mega is something I wanna try. But really, Imaging beating a mega audino with any pokemon.
The experience points she gives IS OVER 9000!!!!
Personally, I think I'll just wait for the next slates since the next ones ain't appealing me too much (I may return for meloetta though). Or until Jirachi comes on the slate (and probably make her so gloriously adorable that I may win again like what I did with my adorable Mega Cinccino).

Yeah Mega Slowbro would've been cool with Simple to make Calm Mind like its RBY Amnesia set. This next slate will be pretty light if it's Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus-I, and Thundurus-I. The first two will probably be the Cobalion winner and the two genies have the same base stats and ability.

Yeah, I'm almost certainly going to vote for the Cobalion winner for the other two (and Keldeo later). Fire Absorb all the way!

Tornadus-I could do very well with Storm Force, though I could see Drizzle working too. Just be careful to avoid making it overpowered.

Bulky Regenerator for Tornadus-T, y/y? Make sure to remember that whatever new moves you give to one form, you also give to the other. Exercise caution.

Mega Terrakion (Terrakionite)

Rock/Fighting --> Rock/Fighting
Justified --> Solid Rock

Atk: 129 -> 139 (+10)
SpA: 72 -> 122 (+50)
SpD: 90 -> 110 (+20)
Spe: 108 -> 138 (+30)

New Moves: Aura Sphere, Power Gem, Work Up

Flavor Concept: Terrakion becomes sleeker and less bulky, his body and limbs growing longer and thinner. He's become more thoughtful, more inclined to think over his actions and prepare for what is to come.

Concept: Terrakion normally functions as a fast physical sweeper, however now he can function in that fashion even better with the option to go mixed as well, with his greatly boosted Special Attack and Speed in addition to a new setup move in Work Up. He could also go straight Special, with maybe Quick Attack for some priority and to use that meaty 139 Attack. Aura Sphere and Power Gem are for some Special STAB, and Work Up is to allow him to boost both of his offenses should he go mixed. The dip in his Defense is to relate to him becoming less physically inclined, although his slightly buffed Special Defense as well as Solid Rock may help him out, but without any reliable recovery outside of Rest he's not too overpowering.
Mega Virizion (Virizionite)

Grass/Fighting --> Grass/Fighting
Justified --> Wonder Skin

Atk: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Def: 72 -> 82 (+10)
SpA: 90 -> 100 (+10)
SpD: 129 -> 179 (+50)
Spe: 108 -> 108

New Moves: Horn Leech, Ingrain, Spore

Flavor Concept: The leafy growths on Virizion's back grow much larger, as well as coating themselves in a thick layer of dusty pollen. When he moves quickly, the pollen spreads wildly, obscuring his opponents vision enough to make it hard to hit him with a debilitating move.

Concept: Virizion becomes much more difficult to hinder now that Wonder Skin ruins the chances of someone crippling him with Toxic or Will o' Wisp, giving him plenty more chances to set up. The massive boost to Special Defense was to make him even more of a wall, and the heft boost to his Attack means that he can put Horn Leech to good use to recovering health. Ingrain is to prevent something from phasing him out, as well as buying back even more HP, and Spore fits as a deterrent to others trying to shut him down, as he still retains his 108 Speed Tier.
Mega Tornadus (Tornazite)

Flying --> Water/Flying
Prankster/Defiant --> Drizzle

HP: 79 ->
Atk: 115 -> 155 (+40)
Def: 70 -> 70
SpA: 125 -> 165 (+40)
SpD: 80 -> 60 (-20)
Spe: 111 -> 161 (+50)

New Moves: Weather Ball

Flavor Concept: The Genie of the Winds becomes the Lord of the Tempest, summoning torrential downpours and screaming winds in his wake. He rides with the force of the Four Winds, sporting the highest speed of any Pokemon ever (that isn't Deoxys-Speed), and titanic offenses, although his defenses are paper thin, just like the clouds upon which he rides.

Concept: Tornadus is now a much heavier hitter, bringing in rain and destroying things with a 100% accurate STAB Hurricane as wel as 150BP (after STAB and Rain) Weather Ball, although anything that manages to survive can easily tear it apart due to its heavily reduced defenses. Any fast Electric user can easily prevent a sweep (provided they survive an attack first), and Tornadus isn't quite durable enough to stand up to the various priorities that are running around.

252 SpA Tornadus Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo in Rain: 160-189 (49.5 - 58.5%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Tornadus Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Venusaur in Rain: 126-148 (34.6 - 40.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Tornadus Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Venusaur: 368-434 (101 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Tornadus Weather Ball (100 BP Water) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Aggron in Rain: 351-414 (102 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Mega Tornadus-Therian (Tornazite)

Flying -> Ice/Flying
Regenerator -> Snow Warning

HP: 79 ->
Atk: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Def: 80 -> 130 (+50)
SpA: 110 -> 135 (+25)
SpD: 90 -> 125 (+35)
Spe: 121 -> 81 (-40)

New Moves: Weather Ball

Flavor Concept: Tornadus-Therian becomes the Spirit of the Northern Winds, bringing hail and and much heftier bulk with him. He's covered in plates of ice and thick, downy feathers, his clouds thick and black as the night sky.

Concept: Now with massive offenses and defenses at the hefty cost of some serious Speed, Tornadus can punish many of the dragons and other flyers around with a 100BP Weather Ball, destroying just about anything that doesn't resist it. However, with it's greatly reduced speed, it can be easily taken down by powerful threats otherwise, such as Sheer Force + Life Orb Darmanitan's Flare Blitz.

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tornadus-T: 421-499 (116.2 - 137.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tornadus-T: 260-307 (71.8 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tornadus-T: 396-468 (109.3 - 129.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tornadus-T: 181-214 (50 - 59.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

These are just some examples to show that despite his good bulk, he can still be easily taken down regardless.

Now, on the flip side.

252+ SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Darmanitan: 307-363 (87.4 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 368-434 (117.9 - 139.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Terrakion: 210-247 (65 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage
252+ SpA Tornadus-T Weather Ball (100 BP Ice) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Terrakion in Hail: 190-225 (58.8 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage
252+ SpA Tornadus-T Weather Ball (100 BP Ice) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo in Hail: 95-112 (29.4 - 34.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after hail damage
252+ SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 420-494 (130 - 152.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Not entirely a pushover is it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)