Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
So I’ve got two 4 IV Scyther in Pokemon Y:

- x/31/31/x/31/31 @ everstone

- 31/31/31/x/x/31 @ destiny knot

trying to get:

-31/31/31/x/31/31

Am I doing this right? Because it’s taking forever. I already have about a box and a half of 3 or 4 IV Scyther and not a single one that has 5 IVs.
You're doing it right. It's just bad luck.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I’ve got two 4 IV Scyther in Pokemon Y:

- x/31/31/x/31/31 @ everstone

- 31/31/31/x/x/31 @ destiny knot

trying to get:

-31/31/31/x/31/31

Am I doing this right? Because it’s taking forever. I already have about a box and a half of 3 or 4 IV Scyther and not a single one that has 5 IVs.
You can use the destinyknot.tk site to calculate this kind of stuff. Going from 4iv + 4iv to 5iv is, imo, the most frustrating part of starting breeding. You'll get there eventually but it just takes some luck. Anyway I entered your details and got this:

Destinyknot.tk said:
Breeding parents x/31/31/x/31/31 and 31/31/31/x/x/31
will produce a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Pokemon 5.0781% of the time or 1 out of every 19.6923eggs!
That isn't factoring in the 80% chance of getting a baby with Technician though. Just keep at it!

You can use the destinyknot.tk site to calculate this kind of stuff. Going from 4iv + 4iv to 5iv is, imo, the most frustrating part of starting breeding. You'll get there eventually but it just takes some luck. Anyway I entered your details and got this:

That isn't factoring in the 80% chance of getting a baby with Technician though. Just keep at it!
Breeding parents 31/31/31/x/x/31 and x/31/31/x/31/31, with a 80.0000% modifier,
will produce a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Pokemon 4.0625% of the time or 1 out of every 24.6154 eggs!

This is what it says if you factor in Technician.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if this goes here but it is the most suitable place:

If mewtwo was created by man, how does it get mega stones?!?!
Aren't they natural things - i dont see how they can be man made (how can people make pokemon forms?). Did arceus control team rocket to clone mew? or do team rocket make the mega stones?

I dont want to have 10 responses all saying 'gf logic' :P

e: @below, thanks, i guess they might say in the anime or something :s

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I'm not sure if this goes here but it is the most suitable place:

If mewtwo was created by man, how does it get mega stones?!?!
Aren't they natural things - i dont see how they can be man made (how can people make pokemon forms?). Did arceus control team rocket to clone mew? or do team rocket make the mega stones?

There is no answer to this question. For all we know, mega stones were created by man too, just a long time ago. I don't think it says this is not the case anywhere. We just don't know right now.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not sure if this goes here but it is the most suitable place:If mewtwo was created by man, how does it get mega stones?!?!
Aren't they natural things - i dont see how they can be man made (how can people make pokemon forms?). Did arceus control team rocket to clone mew? or do team
rocket make the mega stones?

e: @below, thanks, i guess they might say in the anime or something :s
Like Celever said, there is no real answer yet, but there have been many theories. One that I heard / like is the link to Mr Fuji. The idea is that in Origins it is confirmed that he was involved in Mewtwo's creation, and he is shown giving Red the Charizardite-X. It seems as though Mega Charizard-X is more of an artificial mega evolution as compared to the more natural Charizard-Y (aesthetically). Mr Fuji may have experimented with mega stones and thus created the stones for Mewtwo and Charizard-X

edit: found a graphic...

Last edited:
Do the effects of Unnerve remain even after the Pokemon who has that ability Mega Evolves? What about in Rotation Battles, would the effect remain on the Pokemon who was affected even if the Pokemon with that ability is inactive at the time?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Do the effects of Unnerve remain even after the Pokemon who has that ability Mega Evolves? What about in Rotation Battles, would the effect remain on the Pokemon who was affected even if the Pokemon with that ability is inactive at the time?
If the ability goes away for whatever reason, the effect stops. The same as Worry Seed replacing your ability etc.

A breeding question: with the new mechanics for female's passing down egg moves, is there any priority to it? Like if both the male and female are loaded with different TM's and Egg moves (that all work for the baby), then what would the result be? Random?

My scenario is that I've got a 6IV Pinsir I'm using to pass IV's down with a female Heracross with Rock Blast. I want the baby to have rock blast, but Pinsir also had Return, Swords Dance, and Earthquake while the mother has Megahorn (which keeps transferring since it's a level and egg move). Do I need to delete some of Pinsir's moves before I do this?

A breeding question: with the new mechanics for female's passing down egg moves, is there any priority to it? Like if both the male and female are loaded with different TM's and Egg moves (that all work for the baby), then what would the result be? Random?

My scenario is that I've got a 6IV Pinsir I'm using to pass IV's down with a female Heracross with Rock Blast. I want the baby to have rock blast, but Pinsir also had Return, Swords Dance, and Earthquake while the mother has Megahorn (which keeps transferring since it's a level and egg move). Do I need to delete some of Pinsir's moves before I do this?
I'm pretty sure the female egg moves have priority over the male moves, so the Heracross should get Rock Blast.

Decided to go ahead and test it.

Apparently, the baby gets the Female Heracross' Megahorn and Rock Blast, and none of Pinsir's TM Moves. Don't know why but, huh.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader

TM moves don't pass down at all anymore as of this generation, presumably because that would give a massive overkill considering egg moves now pass down via both parents (so that the offspring would quite often try to inherit like six moves if both parents know a fair amount of TM moves) and because TMs have infinite uses anyway lol. If there are still more than four egg moves to inherit, I THINK the female's have priority, but I'm not sure and Bulbapedia doesn't offer any help; however, I know for certain that there is some kind of priority involved, I just can't remember where I found it when I first looked into it :D.

Edit @ below lol yeah on the general breeding page apparently, thanks. Why doesn't the page for egg move list that :p

Last edited:

TM moves don't pass down at all anymore as of this generation, presumably because that would give a massive overkill considering egg moves now pass down via both parents (so that the offspring would quite often try to inherit like six moves if both parents know a fair amount of TM moves) and because TMs have infinite uses anyway lol. If there are still more than four egg moves to inherit, I THINK the female's have priority, but I'm not sure and Bulbapedia doesn't offer any help; however, I know for certain that there is some kind of priority involved, I just can't remember where I found it when I first looked into it :D.
Mother takes priority according to Bulbapedia:

If this would result in the baby possessing more than four moves, the moves take priority in the order listed: Volt Tackle, mother's Egg moves, father's Egg moves, TM and HM moves, inherited level-up moves, baby's default moveset. The moves passed down will ordered on the baby Pokémon by the priority listed above.

The exceptions being Earth Power Deino and Heat Wave Litwick :P
Yes but no.

They aren't exceptions because those are both considered "egg moves". Egg moves learned only by tutoring the parents. So move tutor moves don't pass unless they are also egg moves.

I'm new on here (made an account just to ask this question, really) and I've only tried breeding for shinies once before now. The first time I tried I got a shiny Pichu in just around 40 eggs, and now I'm trying for a shiny Tyrunt but so far no luck. The parents I'm using are both 5 iv Tyrunts with Adamant nature, the female being from Japan. So far 0/95 are shiny and I'm just wondering if I'm doing anything wrong or just need more patience? I don't have the shiny charm.

I'm new on here (made an account just to ask this question, really) and I've only tried breeding for shinies once before now. The first time I tried I got a shiny Pichu in just around 40 eggs, and now I'm trying for a shiny Tyrunt but so far no luck. The parents I'm using are both 5 iv Tyrunts with Adamant nature, the female being from Japan. So far 0/95 are shiny and I'm just wondering if I'm doing anything wrong or just need more patience? I don't have the shiny charm.
Keep breeding. Almost nobody gets a masuda shiny in 100 eggs.

The chances of getting a shiny through MMing is 3/4096 iirc. Getting a Pichu in less than two boxes is very lucky, so keep going and good luck with your Tyrunt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)