Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Wait, how did you use it with Brawl? I couldn't get the Pro Controller to work with wii games at all.
I was only speaking in general terms that the Pro seemed better, but I haven't used the controller with Smash at all.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I just set it to the GC set up under the name "Danny"(the name I use on it, just select a name and the controller set up). ZR is default grab and Z is default shield, so I switched it.

Last edited:

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
both (or neither) are getting further roster representation?

i swear all i do here is comment on fights and make jokes

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Heh, I just noticed the power core on Samus' Mii Fighter suit is the Smash logo.

Also: this looks awesome. I wonder if the suits will be gender locked or not. They look pretty cool.

On the plus side... Only 4 weeks and 5 days or so until Smash is released in Japan...

My handheld experience is basically with the 1) GBC 2) GBA SP/lite and 3) original 3DS and I would have to hand it to the 3DS for being the easiest for me to use two-handed, doesn't slip out easily and much easier to rotate on the D-pad when need be. I find it better for button mashing too. My one gripe would be the lack of a smash stick; if Sora could have reserved the touch screen for more buttons to map I'd have been super happy. If there's an option for Gyro smashes I may take some serious consideration into it. Actually, has anyone taken a gander into the customization options in the demos yet?

edit: Love how Sakurai's trolling us with G&W and now MK. Now give us MK Sakurai hahah

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Well there is that 3DS accessory that adds more buttons. I am unsure if SSB4 will have use for it but I think it would be cool if the controls could be expanded that way.

That is some interesting wiring there...which is a good point, it sure would be nice it we got some sorta controller thing for smash on the 3ds. Yeah the circle pad pro adds a 2nd circle stick that could be the smash stick, but eh...I'd be too worried about breaking the fragile things.

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
This probably tells us something about Meta Knight's status but I'm not really sure???
Not counting on it - Meta Knight's absence will be a real shitter and I'm highly doubting that arguably one of the best characters from Brawl would be removed for no particular reason. Most of the other classics have returned, anywa.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd love to think this is fake, I really would. But crazy smash fans are unpredictable, so I don't know, man. I just don't know.

^I'm pretty sure it is fake. That's a satire site. Still, the competitive community does need to calm down because that article actually sounds plausible.

...yeah just goes to show how nuts some Melee fanatics are probably. More than likely fake, but I have no doubt some of them probably think that on a delusional regular basis.

Pic of the day. If you manage to raise this Special Flag for long enough, an additional KO count will be added to your score in a time match, or you'll get an extra stock for a stock match. When this appears on the stage, the fight for the flag becomes a fierce battle of tactics, which makes things pretty interesting.

(Sorry I'm so late)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
OH HELLO THERE

Metaknight returns! :D

For me at least, the images are not loading correctly... On the plus side they've added a bunch of other info to the site today: http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/3ds/gamemode/entry3.html and a 3DS Stage compilation: http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/howto/entry4.html

Looking good actually. SP returns in Classic mode... With a few twists. You can wager how good you are vs Rewards, and this also confirms the return of the Home Run Contest :D

Metaknights had some move changes too... Which is all good. I hope they toned him down somewhat from his Brawl Appearance.

Last edited:

Pic of the day. "Looks like there was an impostor in the earlier posts, so I introduced him to my sword!" ...I'll leave it up to your imagination if he really said that or not. The veteran hero, Meta Knight, returns to battle!! We didn't forget the Battleship Halberd either!!

(Comment)

Meta Knight's Up Special Move, Shuttle Loop, changed quite a bit in this game. The glide is gone, and the attack slashes opponents twice while spinning in a large loop. This has turned into a highly technical and effective move.

(The website has also been updated with solo play on the 3ds, and stages and controls for both.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)