XY UU Pure balance - my first UU RMT!

Sup guys, this is my first RMT on Smogon and I'm also relatively new to the UU tier, so advice/rates would be appreciated.

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/PbpxEpuJ

The view tho:

The Details tho:

Crobat @ Choice Band
Ability: Infilitrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- Defog
- U-turn

Crobat is a very effective anti-lead in this meta, countering common leads such as Mienshao and Heracross while serving as a physical attacker to this team. Clearly he is the better choice over Mienshao for this team specifically, as I can put a full stop to Heracross, something not even Sash Mienshao can do. Brave Bird is the standard fare for most Crobat, while I use Cross Poison for Florges and to 2HKO mons like Raikou who come in unexpectingly. Defog is used as filler if the time ever comes where removing hazards is crucial.

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat
- Volt Switch

This Rotom-H bluffs a Choice Scarf set while weilding the firepower (no pun intended) to OHKO Swampert with Hidden Power Grass and OHKO most Hippowdon with Overheat, two common switch-ins to Rotom-H. Choice Specs is pretty much revealed by then, but it's worth it, and you can always use Trick if you need. Volt Switch is in the last slot to complete the VoltTurn combo, and Rotom-H has great synergy with Crobat (it checks many Electric-type mons, etc.)

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

A max-HP Blissey having access to Wish is one of the greatest gifts in Pokemon, and we should use it wisely. That's the main reason I've opted for Blissey over Florges, though Florges has much better typing and special attack. Blissey is an excellent user of Toxic-Stall, and can use Protect to cripple High Jump Kick users such as Hitmonlee and Mienshao. Heal Bell is a great part of a balanced breakfast team.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Swampert is quite standard. It sets up Stealth Rock early game and is the only phazer on this team thanks to Roar. It switches into V-Create (Victini) and Aerial Ace (Aerodactyl) comfortably and can fire back with Earthquake / Scald. The lack of offense can be a bit downputting, but overall, this works very effectively. Even with little uninvstment, it provides the KO's that it needs.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- U-turn

Choice Scarf Hydreigon is one of the best revenge killers in the tier imo. Unlike the Life Orb set, this set is mainly used to stop setup sweepers such as Dragon Dance Haxorus and finish off weakened threats. Draco Meteor and Dark Pulse are its strongest STABs, while Dragon Pulse is a good late-game cleaner. The prevalence of U-turn on this set really helps to gain momentum with a team that needs it more than ever.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Will-o-wisp
- Taunt
- Foul Play
- Recover

Sableye has (almost) never let me down as a physical wall and status-spreader. Prankster and Leftovers recovery are all this physically defensive Sableye needs to fit well on this team. Combine it with Blissey to form a mean defensive core, as Sableye checks Blissey's biggest weakness, physical fighting-types.

Well, that's pretty much it - Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Your team is pretty vulnerable to heracross. Sableye can't beat it as you risk them being guts or if sableye is low it can't directly switch in.

I think the best way to minimize your weakness to heracross is to put a Crobat on your team over Mienshao. Crobat is another fast mon, has great bulk and typing, and better recovery than mienshao. Its speed enables you to be able to be able to revenge a lot of pokemon without relying on Hydreigon. It can U-turn similar to Mienshao but it can provide you with another stall breaker along with Sableye.

(Crobat) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Atk / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt / Toxic
- U-turn

Speed is to outspeed Base 115s like Starmie/Raikou and u-turn/Bravebird accordingly. You dont need to outspeed Noivern as you have Blissey to take that on easily.

Additionally, theres no reason for you to have aqua tail on hydreigon. It doesnt ohko and against bulkier volcarona's its not even a 2hko. You have blissey with toxic that can beat it 1v1 and now crobat which can just kill it with bravebird. I would replace it with Dragon Pulse for a reliable move to go for late game [you dont want to miss draco or be vulnerable to a set up sweeper after the -2 etc.]

hope i helped!

P big fairy weakness :I
You're right, though since Fairies aren't so common in UU it's actually quite hard to notice. I did notice this against Florges, however. Thanks!

Your team is pretty vulnerable to heracross. Sableye can't beat it as you risk them being guts or if sableye is low it can't directly switch in.

I think the best way to minimize your weakness to heracross is to put a Crobat on your team over Mienshao. Crobat is another fast mon, has great bulk and typing, and better recovery than mienshao. Its speed enables you to be able to be able to revenge a lot of pokemon without relying on Hydreigon. It can U-turn similar to Mienshao but it can provide you with another stall breaker along with Sableye.

(Crobat) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Atk / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt / Toxic
- U-turn

Speed is to outspeed Base 115s like Starmie/Raikou and u-turn/Bravebird accordingly. You dont need to outspeed Noivern as you have Blissey to take that on easily.

Additionally, theres no reason for you to have aqua tail on hydreigon. It doesnt ohko and against bulkier volcarona's its not even a 2hko. You have blissey with toxic that can beat it 1v1 and now crobat which can just kill it with bravebird. I would replace it with Dragon Pulse for a reliable move to go for late game [you dont want to miss draco or be vulnerable to a set up sweeper after the -2 etc.]

hope i helped!
Ironically enough, putting on a Crobat on this team would actually really help to neutralize the fairy weakness of Hydreigon and Sableye because of its Poison-typing, and help against Heracross. I just have one question - why Black Sludge? Wouldn't a Choice Band set make more sense if we really want to replace the role of Mienshao?

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey,

This is a pretty solid team, but as chimpact said your team is quite vulnerable to Heracross. I echo his suggestion of Crobat, and I think Black Sludge is definitely a better option over Choice Band. Reason being that without reliable recovery CB Crobat would be very easily worn down by repeated attacks from Hera or fairy attacks which you rely on it to tank. Black Sludge + Roost gives it far more longevity and will allow it to repeatedly come in and check Heracross throughout the game.

Since you lose Knock Off by replacing Mienshao, I suggest replacing Foul Play on Sableye with Knock Off instead. The power difference shouldn't be too noticeable and Knock Off provides more consistent damage with a great side effect. It'll greatly help to wear down bulky Pokémon by removing their lefties, or for example making Heracross or Hydreigon much more manageable by removing their CB/Specs.

Mega Aerodactyl can do a number on your team considering that you do not have a single Rock resist with Mienshao being replaced by Crobat. Physical attackers in general can have their way with this team. Hence I recommend replacing Blastoise with a standard defensive Swampert. Swampert provides an excellent counter to physical attackers such as Aerodactyl, Victini and Aggron while also providing SR support which greatly helps limit the number of times they can switch in. With Victini and Aerodactyl being among the most used and dangerous Pokémon in the tier, SR support is extremely important. Swampert also has a great partner in Blissey who can supply Swampert with Wish support to keep it healthy. Here is the set:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar / Ice Beam

Lastly as you no longer have spin support you have the option of instead using Defog on Crobat. This might be counter-productive with SR and it is not absolutely necessary but it would definitely help Crobat and Rotom-H switch in more freely. Also a minor thing, maybe you could try out a Timid nature on Rotom-H in order to outspeed non-scarf Heracross as an insurance in case Crobat is down. I don't think the power difference would be too noticeable, and you still OHKO Swampert.

Nice team and gl!

Updated with some new additions/changes!

Hey,

This is a pretty solid team, but as chimpact said your team is quite vulnerable to Heracross. I echo his suggestion of Crobat, and I think Black Sludge is definitely a better option over Choice Band. Reason being that without reliable recovery CB Crobat would be very easily worn down by repeated attacks from Hera or fairy attacks which you rely on it to tank. Black Sludge + Roost gives it far more longevity and will allow it to repeatedly come in and check Heracross throughout the game.
Thanks for your suggestion, but I believe Banded Crobat will help this team more as I need a true physically offensive presence to break down Blissey/Florges and the like.
Mega Aerodactyl can do a number on your team considering that you do not have a single Rock resist with Mienshao being replaced by Crobat. Physical attackers in general can have their way with this team. Hence I recommend replacing Blastoise with a standard defensive Swampert. Swampert provides an excellent counter to physical attackers such as Aerodactyl, Victini and Aggron while also providing SR support which greatly helps limit the number of times they can switch in. With Victini and Aerodactyl being among the most used and dangerous Pokémon in the tier, SR support is extremely important. Swampert also has a great partner in Blissey who can supply Swampert with Wish support to keep it healthy. Here is the set:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar / Ice Beam
Nice team and gl!
Thanks a lot for your suggestion of Swampert! :D

Also, yeah. The Modest nature was a mistake, I meant to put Timid. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)