2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Well the community shield actually means nothing much. Manchester United won the last one and became 7th. Btw the price man u is paying for Blind is too high , it must be like something near 6-9 million instead of 18,5
Yeah but that was against Wigan. Beating Man City 3-0 should mean more than Man U's win last year. Obviously reading into it too much isn't smart with City missing 9 important players or some ridiculous number like that but what can be said is that Arsenal are playing well right now, new signings look to be strong - Chambers had an excellent game, Debuchy put in more of a defensive shift than Sagna ever did and obviously Alexis is looking strong with the ball - and we have more depth in our squad right now than we have had for a long time.

we only faced Wigan in the community shield because they beat Man City :P

and Hummers being quoted at £30m is making these silly fees laughable.

34m euros for mangala and 50m for luiz is making barca's signing of mathieu for 20m look better than I thought. I guess we're entering the era of the ridiculously high transfer fee for all players, not just strikers/forwards

I reckon it's 'bout time

TABLE PREDICTION

1. M.City
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham
5. M.United
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Swansea
9. Newcastle
10. Stoke
11. West Ham
12. Hull
13. Leicester
14. Southampton
15. QPR
16. Sunderland
17. Burnley
18. Crystal Palace
19. Aston Villa
20. West Brom

3 PLAYERS TO MAKE BIG IMPACT
Remy Cabella, Newcastle
Danny Ings, Burnley
Enner Valencia, West Ham

3 FLOPS
Didier Drogba, Chelsea
Dejan Lovren, Liverpool
Alvaro Negredo, M.City

TOP SCORER
Sergio Aguero, M.City

PFA PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Eden Hazard, Chelsea

GOLDEN GLOVE WINNER
Thibaut Courtois, Chelsea

COACH OF THE YEAR
Sean Dyche, Burnley

HOME KIT OF THE YEAR
M.City or Leicester

AWAY KIT OF THE YEAR
M.City or Chelsea

Swansea could be in a lot of trouble, keeping Bony is the only thing gonna keep them up.

TABLE PREDICTION

1. Chelsea
2. City
3. United
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Everton
7. Spurs
8. Newcastle
9. Southampton
10. West Ham
11. Burnley
12. Stoke
13. Leicester
14.WBA
15.Crystal Palace
16. Aston Villa
17. Swansea
18. Sunderland
19. QPR
20. Hull

3 PLAYERS TO MAKE BIG IMPACT
Fabregas, Chelsea
Danny Ings, Burnley (double figures season)

Riviere, Newcastle
Eriksen as well gonna drag Spurs into the top half, watch out for Jovetic as well. Herrera to have a decent season as well.

3 FLOPS
Enner Valencia, West Ham
Ricky Lambert, Liverpool
Bojan, Stoke (are people still expecting things from him?)

YaYa Toure not to have a great season

Expectations are way too high for Alexis Sanchez, Luke Shaw and Diego Costa, though I think all will have too good of a season to be considered a flop.

TOP SCORER
RVP, United

PFA PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Wayne Rooney or Aaron Ramsey if he stays fit and Arsenal don't crumble as early as usual.

GOLDEN GLOVE WINNER
Thibaut Courtois, Chelsea

COACH OF THE YEAR
Sean Dyche, Burnley

Last edited:
feck it

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. City
4. Liverpool
5. United
6. Everton
7. Spurs
8. Newcastle
9. Stoke
10. Palace
11. Swansea
12.West Ham
13. QPR
14. Southampton
15. Sunderland
16. Leicester
17. Hull
18. Aston Villa
19. West Brom
20. Burnley

3 big impact players
sterling, Ramsey, cabella

3 flops
enner Valencia, rickie lambert, Luke shaw

top scorer: costa

golden glove: courtois or cech

pfa player of the year:Ramsey or costa

these predictions are if said player does not get injured

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
I think it depends on what you're expecting him to do and what you'd consider a flop.

On his first full season with Atlético he 'only' scored 13 goals or so but he helped Falcao a lot and he was very important for the team. But if you're expecting him to score 25 goals you might be disappointed.

Personally, I think he should adapt well to the Premier League and won't disappoint.

My fantasy football team right now (subject to change)

Had 100m to spend (yahoo) and the players are fairly expensive.

GK: Courtois (9.5m) - Chelsea
DEF: Trippier (5m) - Burnley (Will be used long-term)
DEF: Caulker (7m) - QPR
DEF: Stones (6.62m) - Everton
MID: Ramsey (13.26m) - Arsenal
MID: Hazard (14.39m) - Chelsea
MID: Young (4.94m) - Man U
MID: Fabregas (12m) - Chelsea
MID: Jordan Mutch (5.2m) - QPR
FWD: Valencia (6m) - West Ham
FWD: Austin (6.5m) - QPR

SUB:
Gazzaniga (1m) - Southampton
Coleman (1m) - Aston Villa
Bakayogo (1m) - Leicester
Jovetic (5.87m) - Man City

Yea I wouldn't bet on QPR doing anything but spectacularly fail.

As long as Joey Barton gets his little shit face shut up that is all I want from QPR.

As things stand:

Chelsea
City
Arsenal (sensible from me I reckon)
Utd
Hull
West Brom
Burnley

I'm expecting Utd to add some decent signings and they have no European football. If they don't add anyone then I'd put Liverpool in but they have a hell of a job going from no Europe to CL football and integrating the new players while they're at it. My dark horse as always is Tottenham :P

Top Scorer: Sturridge
Golden Glove: De Gea
Player of the Year: Fabregas
Flop: Shaw (I don't even expect him to play half the time) and Sanchez (if he manages 10 goals that will be a good season) and Liverpool's new players (I will get hate and be called lazy but fuck it, the whole thing just screams: Spurs)

But it is exciting because 6 teams could all genuinely be up there!

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
upload_2014-8-13_20-23-17.png

With 0.5 to spare :D

Courtois or Cech is an even greater head ache for us Fantasy Football players :P

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
lol raul jimenez transfer from america to atletico de madrid for 15m dollars, making him the most expensive transfer in mexican league history

and to think he used to be a complete shitter a couple of years ago, i dont have high expectations but hopefully he does well

apparently we ve enquired about benzema falcao and cavani. Benzema has stated he is staying i think) falcao is going to Madrid, but i can maybe see cavani (MAYBE) NLI i cant see us pulling a spurs tbh, even if we do i think we still have a strong enough squad (except our defense and lovren isn't going to flop)

The difference is spurs bought players for the sake of it and added then together in the XI thinking it will all be nice. Also of the signings they made only two of them were really good players for the previous year(s), they also lacked a defined style. We have bought players who strengthen our depth while also adding quality to the XI and have been heavily scouted by us to play to our identity. There is also the fact that Gareth Bale literally did carry them to where they finished, they were terrible when he wasn't playing. Without Suarez we were more stable with tidy wins, okay he is amazing player but of all the goals he scored, only nine were match winning goals and crucial to victory. Yes he made assists too and occupies players but we will be just fine and well it just shows how stupid people here are to think that Liverpool without Suarez and Man U without Moyes suddenly makes Man U stronger. Our XI will be almost the same with upgrade at LB and CB with a nicer impact subs to make than Aspas Alberto and Moses. It's not unlikely that we will finish with lower points, but it's really laughable that anyone can think Man U magically become top 4 material again. Tottenham have the same side so why will they be getting better? Ben Davies? Vorm? Eric Dier? Everton have the precise squad they had with the addition of Besic (scary) and Atsu who is no upgrade on Deolefeu or w.e. Man U are the only "threat" but LVG won't crack the EPL in one season with the appalling players he has to choose from. LVG is a good manager but he has inherited always good sides except AZ but he knew the Dutch league inside out. Obviously he has an excellent track record of improving teams, I have no doubt that Man U will improve but it will take time, time which Man U won't have. If they don't get top 4 this year, they will absolutely struggle to get the world class players they would need, that goes for Tottenham too. I will make any bet with anyone right now that Liverpool will be at least 4th this year.

A final note on the signings of multiple players. Just how many players did Mourinho sign when he showed up at Chelsea? Did Chesea then go on to win the league?

most people i speak to think we'll either do well in Europe or in the league, don't really see how this works out. Etoo and maybe another top striker and we have a deep squad capable of doing well un Europe aswell as at home. Just wondering, do ye think mignolet is a good keeper? He is a good shot stopper but he seems a bit shaky under crosses imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)