Sharing is Caring (Kinda) Tournament: Round 2 Pairings

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
For the set of rules and stuff check: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sharing-is-caring-kinda-the-tournament-sign-ups.3508531/

The second round onwards (except for the finals) will be single elimination. Considering the seeding for first and second places, here is the bracket for the next rounds. It is a fixed bracket (won't be randomized) AND it was made in paint, so if you complain about it being ugly, I will murder you.

Brackets.PNG

The matches with the refs are:

zarator vs tavok
Ref: Flamestrike
Link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sic-k-round-2-zarator-vs-tavok-reffed-by-flamestrike.3514748/

Matezoide vs Psyco_Josho
Ref: Avnomke
Link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sick-matezoide-vs-psyco_josho.3514880/

Texas Cloverleaf vs S0L1D G0LD
Ref: tavok
Link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...und-2-texas-cloverleaf-vs-s0l1d-g0ld.3514785/

Someoneelse vs Its_A_Random
Ref: AOPSUser
Link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-2-someoneelse-vs-its_a_random.3514992/unread

Engineer Pikachu vs Canis Majoris
Ref: Mowtom
Link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sic-k-round-2-engineer-pikachu-vs-canis-majoris.3514922/unread

Birkal vs smashlloyd20
Ref: The Wanderer
Link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sic-k-round-2-birkal-vs-smashlloyd20.3514782/unread

waterwarrior vs P2X7
Ref: Frosty
Link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sharing-is-caring-kinda-round-2-waterwarrior-vs-p2x7.3515275/

Dogfish44 vs Avnomke
Ref: Birkal
Link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sick-round-2-dogfish44-vs-avnomke.3514766/

ZhengTann vs Mowtom
Ref: Mulan15262
Link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sick-r2-mowtom-vs-zhengtann.3514700/

Gerard vs Pwnemon
Ref: Frosty
Link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sharing-is-caring-kinda-round-2-gerard-vs-pwnemon.3514812/

Mulan15262 vs Rediamond
Ref: Elevator Music
Link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sick-round-2-mulan15262-vs-rediamond.3515029/unread

Flamestrike vs Maxim
Ref: akela
Link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...und-2-maxim-versus-flamestrike.3514603/unread

Rules for the battles are:

Bring 4, Pick 2 Singles. You PM 4 pokemons to the ref, but the battle will be 2vs2 singles. You will choose your mons as the battle develop.
ASB Arena
Strict 3-day Disqualification.
You will get a single warning per round. After that, you go over DQ and you're done. Referees please tag the combatants when you have finished your reffing. Players, if you know you're going to be away you better post a Leave of Absence BEFORE you leave, or give a very good reason in case of an emergency.
Strict 4-day Disqualification for Refs. Same rules as above (one warning and then BAM). Also, you can be sure as hell that I will jump in to subref anyone if necessary.
3 Substitutions.
Turn Order: Coin Flip
2 Recovery/5 Chills per pokemon
All Abilities
All Items
Switch=OK
Mega Clause: 1
PHAZING RULE: If a pokemon is sent back to the pokeball by a phazing move, the trainer (of the pokemon sent back obv.) chooses who will be the replacement

(check the rules, some stuff changed).

WARNING: You have 5 days to PM the mons to the ref.

WARNING 2: This round will also have a 2-month strict deadline.
Since last round there were people that managed to go over this time limit with a 2vs2 >_<;.

Last edited:
[19:21] <Canis_Majoris> dogfish44 can i post predictions
[19:21] <dogfish44> Yes
[19:21] <Canis_Majoris> cool thanks

Zarator vs. Tavok
Unless the curse of the first round strikes again. For the Ghost gym leader, Zarator seems to have the worst curse possible.

Matezoide vs. Psyco_Josho
Honestly, Mate is a good battler, and while Psyco seems to be getting better, Mate is still a fair bit ahead of his league.

Texas Cloverleaf vs. A bunch of baby numbers S0L1D G0LD
Texas should have this one in the bag.

Someoneelse vs. Its_A_Random
Wouldn't want to face a powerhouse like IAR.

Engineer Pikachu vs. Canis Majoris

Birkal vs. smashlloyd20
Besides the fact that smash hasn't fought in a while, Birkal is beggining to become one of the more respected battlers in ASB.

waterwarrior vs. P2X7
I haven't seen enough of P2X7 to know his skills, but I do know waterwarrior easily screws things up. If he doesn't, he can win with no troubles.

Dogfish44 vs. Avnomke
Sorry Avnomke, but Dogfish is a Gym Leader, and while you've been getting better, he's still one of the prime candidates for the trophy. unless he gets haxed

Zhengtann vs. Mowtom
Zt's a good battler and Mowtom... less so.

Gerard vs. Pwnemon
My favourite match of the bunch (that isn't saying much). Both are great battlers, but Gerard doesn't play singles as well as doubles. That's why my money is on Pwne and yours should be too.

Mulannumbers vs. Rediamond
How Rediamond managed to not get first place in his group is beyond me. But seriously, be a good player and win.

Flamestrike vs. Maxim
Flame is freaking terrifying as an opponent, knowing that people don't really consider him as one of the "big league trainers" (but they should!). Maxim has got to be on his toes for this one if he wants to pull off an upset.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Zarator vs. Tavok

This one would need an upset - Zara's curse only applies to Round 1 at the moment, and he's a contender to go a long way in my opinion.​

Whilst I rate Psyco as being a solid battler, Mate is a great player who's been able to get otherwise subpar mons to a very competitive level. Given maxxed mons and experience, this one goes to Mate unless he DQs.​

Texas vs. Gold

Google synonyms for "Better luck next time". Moving on...​

This'll be a good one to watch - Someoneelse is smarter than most people give credit for, and IAR will need to work to win here.​

Sorry buddy, but my money's on the Gym Leader :P​

Birkal vs. smashlloyd20

Birkal has more relevant experience now we're entering Megas, and is substantially less rusty.​

waterwarrior vs. P2X7

Sorely underrated, from viewing P2 makes consistently appropriate plays, whilst WW is inactive and often erratic in quality.​

Dogfish44 vs. Avnomke

Good Luck :3​

Zhengtann vs. Mowtom

Another one that'll end closer than I think people will expect, Zt has the edge on experience but Mowtom could easily catch him off guard.​

Gerard vs. Pwnemon

Lacking doubles and without all the Psyquics in the world, Gerard will be fighting an uphill battle here.​

Mulannumbers vs. Rediamond

The only rematch here as far as I can see, Rediamond won before and I can't see that changing too freely.​

Flamestrike vs. Maxim

Flame's a member of the old guard and recently very active, but Maxim has more experience. My gut says that Flame's going to pick the better overall team and build a win from there.​

Yay predictions!

Zarator vs. Tavok

I've heard good things about tavok as a battler, but hard to go against zara here.

Matezoide didn't make the finals of BoR for nothing.

Texas vs. Gold

Sorry Gold but you're a bit over your head here.

Geez the matchups feel one-sided so far. Someoneelse isn't too bad, but he's got nothing on IAR unfortunately.

Canis is pretty good, but I'm pretty sure Engi is better.

Birkal vs. smashlloyd20

Birkal is already in the upper echelon of ASB and he's only going to keep going up.

waterwarrior vs. P2X7

This one could be close but I'm going with ww.

Dogfish44 vs. Avnomke

A year from now I could easily see myself making the opposite pick here, but not yet.

Zhengtann vs. Mowtom

I've seen nothing of Mowtom yet, so I'm going with the guy I know

Gerard vs. Pwnemon

This is going to be one of the closest matches of the round, no question. Both of these guys prefer doubles AFAIK but I think Pwne has the edge in singles.

Mulan15262 vs. Rediamond

Red should have this, he's a Gym Leader for a reason.

Flamestrike vs. Maxim
Best of luck Maxim, should be a great match!

Well I'm glad at least two of you have compliments for me. :D

Also, predictions based on my small and limited experience! ~~

zarator vs tavok
Gym Leader vs newish guy.

Matezoide vs Psyco_Josho
Only as long as he brings Pokémon that are better than most of the ones he actually owns. Watch out when you're ordering first, by the way. >:D

Texas Cloverleaf vs S0L1D G0LD
This one's a bit tough. Tex is a proven Gym Leader, but Gold is also showing that he's good enough when stepping up to the plate.

Someoneelse vs Its_A_Random
Its_A_Random scares me as a battler.

Engineer Pikachu vs Canis Majoris
I've seen both of them fight before, but Engi seems to have proven himself better.

Birkal vs smashlloyd20
I don't know what comments to put here.

waterwarrior vs P2X7
ww is a good fighter, and P2X7 still makes a few mistakes, from what I've seen.

Dogfish44 vs Avnomke
Avnomke is good, but DF is one of the scariest Gym Leaders I've seen.

ZhengTann vs Mowtom
I don't know much about ZT, but he has more experience than Mowtom, who is about as green as I am. (But at least Mowtom seems to be playing this more than me. :P)

Gerard vs Pwnemon
Gerard is the scariest Gym Leader ever, but I believe I saw somewhere that he's not quite good at Singles than he is Doubles.

Mulan15262 vs Rediamond
Mulan has proven himself to be quite good, at least to me, despite whatever reputation he may have. I think Rediamond has the edge in experience, being an excellent Singles Gym Leader.

Flamestrike vs Maxim
I hate Maxim's mons. I don't know exactly how well FS has adjusted to the generation shift in ASB, but I can feel that this could be close.

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Why do people keep overrating me my match will be far closer than you guys think.

provided someoneelse can stay active

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Yeah but you beat me in round one Matezoide, so surely I am not expected to do well right?

Anyhow

zarator vs. tavok - The curse is lifted... And zarator is the better player
Matezoide vs. Psyco_Josho - yolol (he beat me you know)
Texas Cloverleaf vs. S0L1D G0LD - S0L1D G0LD will struggle to beat Texas
Someoneelse vs. Its_A_Random - Good Luck
Engineer Pikachu vs. Canis Majoris - Canis' only real hope of winning here is to be aggressive with DQ which Engineer has a tendency to go over
Birkal vs. smashlloyd20 - smashlloyd20 would be lucky to see out the whole match unless Birkal is lenient with DQ
waterwarrior vs. P2X7 - Depends on if waterwarrior becomes active again soon enough or not. Otherwise DQ will probably be a factor here
Dogfish44 vs. Avnomke - Dogfish will need to make the most of his minimal British luck if he wants to get past Avnomke's Protean! hahaha i crack me up
ZhengTann vs. Mowtom - This is an unknown because not many people know about Mowtom and yeah
Gerard vs. Pwnemon - Gerard's singles game is not as polished and he is up against one of ASB's best. I would not go past Pwnemon here
Mulan15262 vs. Rediamond - Mulan needs to be aggressive with DQ if he wants to win this rematch
Flamestrike vs Maxim - Maxim will struggle unless he somehow gains a lot of confidence in a short amount of time

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Why do people keep overrating me my match will be far less close than you guys think

predictions when i'm alive

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I'm glad that people like Dogfish44 have a bit of faith in me. Last time, I got encouragements such as these:
G7: Mowtom
D:
Group 7: Mowtom
Mowtom is simply inexperienced, from what I can tell.
Group 7: Mowtom
Who is this guy?
G7: Mowtom
Who is this guy again?
Group 4
-
Dogfish44
- Pwnemon
- Redew

Yeah... good luck next time?
Group 7
-
Texas Cloverleaf
- The Wanderer
- Mowtom

Same as Group 4.

I'm glad that people like Dogfish44 have a bit of faith in me. Last time, I got encouragements such as these:
You kinda haxed Texas to death lol.

Anyways:

zarator vs. tavok - HOLY SHIT THE CURSE OF ROUND ONE IS GONE. Also zara kinda won round 1 with his mons. That said a tavok win isn't that far-fetched.
Matezoide vs. Psyco_Josho - Even IAR could not out-yolol the yolol. I guess now that he's not using shitmons like Primeape, Rapidash, and Muk...
Texas Cloverleaf vs. S0L1D G0LD - Texas is a solid battler (pun not intended), whereas Gold just isn't that experienced
Someoneelse vs. Its_A_Random - Yeah, Someoneelse is a good battler, but he's facing an opponent named Its_A_Random. That said, an upset here is more probable than in some other matchups.
Engineer Pikachu vs. Canis Majoris - DQ notwithstanding, Engi is a good battler and a seasoned veteran. Canis...isn't a seasoned veteran.
Birkal vs. smashlloyd20 - Not only is Birkal the better battler but...DQ...
waterwarrior vs. P2X7 - Huh? Where did ww go. Well, despite how much WW tends to fuck up badly, he has the advantage of experience.
Dogfish44 vs. Avnomke - Unless we get insane amounts of Haxedfish44, dogfish's experience and skill should let him win here.
ZhengTann vs. Mowtom - I gotta admit, Mowtom has a way with hax. Or maybe it was just a one-time thing. Zt should have the win pretty easily here.
Gerard vs. Pwnemon - Two top Doubles players who both hate singles with a burning passion (Gerard more so). Pwnemon has proven himself as the better battler.
Mulan15262 vs. Rediamond - Red's experience is really good for him here. He just needs to order on time. Also Mulan should probably learn to stop subbing for P/E in singles.
Flamestrike vs Maxim - Flamestrike has experience, and Maxim has been known to fuck up a lot. Still this one proves to be exciting.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Zarator vs. tavok
Cursed. Also, tavok has a lot to prove with this battle. If he can think through each of his actions and keep on top of his match-ups, this is winnable. Love both battlers though; this should be good.​

While I love both battlers, Mate is running out of steam, it would seem. It would be cool if he could breeze through this match, but Psyco is out for blood. I can't see Mate winning unless he's really on top of his game.​

Texas vs. Gold
More upsets, I s'pose. People are predicting against Gold, but I dunno if they have battled him recently. He has definitely improved, and I think his performance in the Water Qualifiers shows that off. If he can bring that same game to this match, I could see him winning. In the end, whichever user cares about the match more will win.​

Yep, a great match. Going with IAR because I think he has a good sense on what is "anti-meta" in this tournament. It will be hard for him to get a read on Someoneelse though, as he doesn't talk about it on IRC reveal his strategies on a regular basis. Will be interesting.​

He wants this more than any other player in the tournament. If he plays out the calculations and picks the right Pokemon, snagging the win is definitely in the realm of possibilities. Team match up is going to be huge here, methinks. They both have sort of similar playstyles, actually.​

Birkal vs. smashlloyd20
Fite me.​

waterwarrior vs. P2X7
Killed it with Kecleon last round (congrats), and I can only see him going up. Should be a close match. waterwarrior is better than most give him credit for; this will probably end up being one of my personal favorite matches.​

Dogfish44 vs. Avnomke
Simply because the latter has more at stake here. While I'm sure doggie wants to win the tournament, Avnomke has proven himself a tremendous battler in Gym Challenges and Raids. He's got nothing else on his plate but investing in this tournament, so he should take a win.​

Zhengtann vs. Mowtom
Easy. Same story I've been saying; he's a rookie who has a lot to prove. Solid plays last round combined with smart team selection shows that he has what it takes. I don't think ZhengTann is offensive enough as a player to hold off the onslaught.​

Gerard vs. Pwnemon
Pwne knows exactly how to abuse Gerard's single's strategy. If the Psychic can change up his gameplay, then bets are he will win the match. But failure to stray from the same moves will lead to Pwne taking a clean sweep. Should be interesting.​

Mulan vs. Rediamond
Both solid players, but I think Rediamond has the edge. Not too much to say about this match, really. Could Mulan win? Absolutely. I think Red just has more spunk, which will lead to a victory when all is said and done.​

Flamestrike vs. Maxim
My boy is a monster on the field. As one of the most knowledgeable players with lots of experience behind his shoulders, he can dominate this match. That's not to say Maxim won't put up a good fight; Flame is just that good.​

zarator vs. tavok

Something in me knows that zarator will choke this away horribly.

Meh

Texas Cloverleaf vs. S0L1D G0LD

Texas is super solid and consistent, can't really see him losing this.

Pick to go all the way don't fail me now

As long as Engi actually orders I can't see him losing this

Birkal DQ vs. smashlloyd20

I WILL NOT GET DQ'D MARK MY WORDS

waterwarrior vs. P2X7

P2 is underrated and ww will probably get DQ'd

Dogfish44 vs. Avnomke

Similar to zarator, DF is amazing but I think he's worse in tournament

ZhengTann vs. Mowtom

Zt is super underrated whee

Gerard vs. Pwnemon

Gerard really should win this but he's too dumb to use a decent team

Mulan15262 vs. Rediamond

Rediamond is a pretty solid player

Flamestrike vs Maxim

This is gonna be super close but I think Maxim clutches it out

zarator vs. tavok

Someone has faith in me :') Good luck zara, let's make this a match to remember.

Mate is godly. He is a great player, and while Psyco has shown to be better than I thought, Mate is just too damn good.
Also, that Primeape is awesome, stop talking so badly about it.

This will be close IMO. S0L1D has shown to be good (see qualifiers), and Texas has been kind of chocking in recent battles as far as I have seen.

Still have faith, even though he has been chocking. But this should be close.

Sorry Canis, but Engi is Engi. Also, in case no one has noticed, he has been on time as of late.

Birkal vs. smashlloyd20

Haven't seen much from smashlloyd, but Birkal is pretty good.

waterwarrior vs. P2X7

Just become active.

Dogfish44 vs. Avnomke

This, too, will be close. Avnomke has recently shown to be very good, playing quite well last round and fighting toe to toe with Texas in his gym. This will be pretty interesting.
Just don't get haxed df.

ZhengTann vs. Mowtom

Mowtom, too, has shown to be better than I thought. Pretty much all the new guys have. Yes, he haxed Texas to death, but he got haxed in his other battle too (he would have won othersiwe). ZhengTann just makes some questionable plays every once in a while.

Gerard vs. Pwnemon

Pwne is a monster. Gerard is a monster, too, but haven't been impressed with his singles play.

Mulan15262 vs. Rediamond

To tell the truth... I don't think Mulan is good. Red is. But, sure, I could be proven wrong.

Flamestrike vs Maxim

Maybe if you don't choke and gain a little confidence?

ZhengTann vs. Mowtom

Mowtom, too, has shown to be better than I thought. Pretty much all the new guys have. Yes, he haxed Texas to death, but he got haxed in his other battle too (he would have won othersiwe). ZhengTann just makes some questionable plays every once in a while.
Mulan15262 vs. Rediamond

To tell the truth... I don't think Mulan is good. Red is. But, sure, I could be proven wrong.
Are all the new guys here good, or am I the only exception still around? I'd say that I am still new (December of last year is recent IMO), and you said that all the new guys are good, but I am not very good, which sounds like a contradiction.

I'll probably do better this time if I don't make a mistake like I did last battle against Rediamond (turns out, Calm Mind does not help Floette-E wall an Infernape's Gunk Shot). When I do not make a mistake (which is some of the time), I battle quite well. Its when I do make mistakes (which is also some of the time) that I battle poorly.
My guess for my battle is that if I play poorly, I lose; if I play well, it will be close.

Zarator vs. tavok
I'm not saying that tavok is bad, and he even has the advantage of having zarator's massive movepools negated. But, he's still against a player who has been consistently reffing for far longer.

Matezoide manages to do well with terrible and somewhat underbuilt mons most of the time. Negate that and he could go far.

Texas has a considerable experience and skill advantage here.

IAR is always a contender to win tournaments these days. Someoneelse generally isn't.

Engi's more or less back in practice. Things could get wrecked.

Birkal vs. smashlloyd20
Birkal has been far more active as of late than smash. Also DQ is a thing.

waterwarrior vs. P2X7
Who is P2X7?

Dogfish44 vs. Avnomke
Same thing that applies to IAR applies to dogfish.

Zhengtann vs. Mowtom
I don't know a lot about either to be honest, but zheng's been around much longer.

Gerard vs. Pwnemon
Pwn is probably better at singles, but this will still be the most interesting match of the round.

Mulan vs. Rediamond
Honestly, mulan will probably win this on dq.

Flamestrike vs. Maxim
Flamestrike was, is good. Maxim simply has more recent experience with the game and Gen VI in general.

Frosty

=_=
Reminder: the last day to send out teams is tommorow.

Except for waterwarrior as he is in LoA (a bloody long LoA). But for him, since the show must go on, I will wait until sunday (if no team monday, then Doubt swoops in as replacement).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)