Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I'm pretty sure it wasn't an accident, but I'm not complaining.
Mega Slowbro looks too adorable. Mega Audino's design seems pretty cliche and meh to me, I like what they did with the shellder, it's rather unique.

Here's hoping MegaSlowbro gets good stats, ability seems to be Shell Armour which..makes sense I guess but disappointing. Cute/funny expression though!

Also MegaAudino >>>>> Audino's design. I wasn't too fond of Audino but the mega version is a really good improvement, I love the little stethoscope thing it has on its chest. More of a doubles pokemon though with Healer..

Actually it's disappointing both of them had Regenerator as a possible ability and it wasn't picked :(

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Shell armour isnt a great ability compared to other megas, but it could help a calm mind set not get f***ed by crits. It looks like it will get a nice defence boost (more likely physical cus cloyster has a huge def).
Mega audino looks cool with a nice, new type but healer is a waste of an ability.
Im not surprised that they are realising non hoenn megas so they can save some for exploration :3.

The details might not be right as to quote serebii 'The official website for Korea has accidentally uploaded details of Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino. We're currently translating the details'

e: Mega slowbro looks depressed af, its like the shelder took over o.o
e2: mega audino could be niche in dubs (healer is still shit) but as a trick room setter, srsly, audino has the best dubs movepool. Hopefully it will get softboiled from movetutors

Last edited:
Please bear in mind the mistakes on the Slowpoke Page... It descibres Slowbro evolving into Slowking (It is not unheard of for the Pokemon Company to make mistakes) but please go easy on these two until we have 100% confirmation.

EDIT: instead of just posting an image-
That is an official pokemon site
Those screenshots look real as hell
Serebii confirmed it

according to serebii

mega audino is normal/fairy and has healer
mega slowbro has shell armor

WHY WHY WHY

SHELL ARMOR IS THE SHITTIEST NON-DETRIMENTAL ABILITY YOU CAN GIVE A MEGA
A DOUBLES ONLY MEGA? IT WILL BE USELESS

UNLIKE SABLEYE LOSING A VERY GOOD ABILITY (I personally think mega sableye will be very viable though), SHELL ARMOR DOES NOT GIVE SLOWBRO A DIFFERENT NICHE, IT'S JUST SHIT
MEGA AUDINO WILL MOST LIKELY BE SHIT OUTSIDE OF DOUBLES AND EVEN THEN I WOULD RATHER USE AROMATISSE SINCE AROMA VEIL>HEALER

/rant

At least this confirmed that we will be getting unova megas

I mean I know Gamefreak doesn't look at singles when balancing but shit...

Audino is cool, I guess? Healer isn't that great in VGC.

But Slowbro eh.. That's really awful.

I also feel the designs are ass but that's subjective.

according to serebii

WHY WHY WHY

UNLIKE SABLEYE LOSING A VERY GOOD ABILITY (I personally think mega sableye will be very viable though), SHELL ARMOR DOES NOT GIVE SLOWBRO A DIFFERENT NICHE, IT'S JUST SHIT
MEGA AUDINO WILL MOST LIKELY BE SHIT OUTSIDE OF DOUBLES AND EVEN THEN I WOULD RATHER USE AROMATISSE SINCE AROMA VEIL>HEALER

/rant

Yeah, Audino could've been left with Healer as a signature ability of sorts but Regenerator for Slowbro was so darn obvious don't know why they didn't give it to him. And he got blessed with Shell Armour. Honestly he could've become pretty viable with Regen, but the only thing that can save it now is Move Tutor. Sucks for people who play Singles though.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hmm... if Slowbro gets a giant boost to its defenses, it might be a rather impenetrable wall, at least. Fire off a couple Amnesias, and it will be impervious to Special attacks, with no chance of a Crit ruining the day. Once it's damaged enough, just use Slack Off to revert back to full HP.

As for Audino... umm... does anybody ever use Audino? I thought its only purpose was quick and merciless defeat?

for those curious this is the updated mega evo type tally

1 ice mega
2 poison megas
2 electric megas
2 ground megas
3 normal megas
3 rock megas
3 bug megas
3 grass megas
3 ghost megas
4 water megas
4 fire megas
4 flying megas
5 fairy megas
5 dark megas
5 steel megas
6 fighting megas
8 dragon megas
9 psychic megas

If Slowbro wants to set up for a sweep it might need more than SlackOff because it gets more prone to status moves without Regenerator switch plays.

Btw Slowbro would love a new typing, like losing that Psychic type would be golden.
EDIT: Water/Psychic seems to be confirmed already... sucks shadowy balls

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why audino? Why not Blissey? Why GF? Audino has terrible bst and a near useless ability
Thats why. To give poor pokemon some love (look at e:mawile) I meant mawile

If the move tutors stay the same im hoping for a seismic toss + softboiled audino (i doubt its attacks will be too high)

e: Too bad slowbro doesnt learn refresh. Even a burn would ware it down too much due to lack of leftiez, maybe a restalk set(?)

according to serebii

WHY WHY WHY

/rant

There's nothing wrong with a doubles Mega and depending on its stats it can be useful in singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)