Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Audino already has solid bulk, and Normal/Fairy is a nice typing (The dark+ghost resistances guys...), it'll probably just be a nice wall.
Mega Slowbro's design is great though, but regenerator pls ;_;

Hi guys I've been lurking a long time but when I saw the leaked megas my switch went off, M-Slowbro with the new ability...I know now it has a Big shell and that's the logic for it but losing regenerator...Really GF, Audino another poke with Regenerator gave it an even worse ability with Healer not good even in doubles, also Audino has Heal bell as egg move which makes the hability redundant.

I guess you could Calm mind with M-Slowbro but I see M-sableye better as it's not so prone to status.

Hi guys I've been lurking a long time but when I saw the leaked megas my switch went off, M-Slowbro with the new ability...I know now it has a Big shell and that's the logic for it but losing regenerator...Really GF, Audino another poke with Regenerator gave it an even worse ability with Healer not good even in doubles, also Audino has Heal bell as egg move which makes the hability redundant.

I guess you could Calm mind with M-Slowbro but I see M-sableye better as it's not so prone to status.
Mega Slowbro with Regenerator seems pretty cheap on paper.

Audino has an absolutely ridiculous support movepool, it will probably be good in doubles with Fairy typing and more bulk. If it gets a HUGE increase in defenses it might be as good as Cresselia, but who knows. Healer is still ass, it's a doubles ability but it's not very good in doubles, and you can't use it with Mega Mom (I hope to god they nerf that piece of shit.)

In singles, eh, if it becomes bulky enough it might be decent as a defensive mon. It also has the Healing Wish+Trick Room thing, like Cresselia, but then again you'd want to use Mega Mawile in TR (lol it'll get banned, but I'll still use it against my friends.)
It also looks like it might make a good waifu.

Shell Armor is just awful, though, compared to what it has, but then again the stats may save it and you can just hold off on M-Evolving if you want to keep Regenerator.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
To be fair Shell Armour is kinda useful on Mega Slowbro... if you are aiming for a setup sweep with it... or something... uhhh...

Mega Audino will be okay I guess if you are playing Doubles or Triples since it will probably be useless in Singles owing to Normal Audino (possibly since we do not know Mega Audino's stats) outclassing it as a cleric thanks to Regenerator, though idk at all.

I hate the designs of the two new megas anyway. Mega Slowbro in particular. What the hell was Game Freak smoking with that design? It just looks like a Slowpoke that is being eaten alive. My god could they have not done something better? (imo)

inb4 people start calling for mega slowking

Thats why. To give poor pokemon some love (look at e:mawile) I meant mawile

If the move tutors stay the same im hoping for a seismic toss + softboiled audino (i doubt its attacks will be too high)

e: Too bad slowbro doesnt learn refresh. Even a burn would ware it down too much due to lack of leftiez, maybe a restalk set(?)
Yeah but unlike M-maw it doesn't have an amazing ability. A regular evolution would've been better but it is GF ... I've liked nearly every mega but Audino is still so ... Bland.

Anyways it is what it is. It'll probably be a Great Wall in the lower tiers

I think It's using Heal pulse just that they show the animation in singles and the effect of healing in doubles on Sceptile Imo.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I think It's using Heal pulse just that they show the animation in singles and the effect of healing in doubles on Sceptile Imo.
No, you can see on the images that all the images are from a doubles match. Look at the ground patches on the floor.

Oh arceus, these megas suck. Megabro looks like it's being swallowed whole and is just realising it while mega audino....well, it's bland but it gives us the potential for gen5 megas. MEGAVANILUXE WILL BE A THING!
ALSO, saying this now, every dragon will get a mega...

If I could have only had one Mega Water/Psychic then it would have been Starmie for sure, but Slowbro's my second favorite, so okay! Slowbro has great HP, which is very nice for a Mega, and I'm guessing Defense is going up based on that design, so it's time to party like gen 3 Suicune and Calm Mind up.

I could also see Slowbro turning out like Heracross where you can occasionally wind up in situations when not Mega Evolving is the better option, like getting caught by a stray Scald burn and wanting to keep the Regenerator healing or Guts boost to offset it.

For people who are saying these megas will be useless just because of their bad abilities: yes the loss of Regenerator sucks for both of them, but think about how bulky Slowbro and Audino are and imagine them even bulkier. I'm sure the stat boosts alone will make them useful, like how Mega Alakazam and Mega Mewtwo X are still quite good. Plus, Audino is now a Fairy type, so that is obviously super good for it.

And may I say I love their designs? Audino looks super good in that angelic white, and Slowbro is adorably tottering around in its giant shell for defense.

I was hoping for more mega fairies to balance out the overwhelming dragons ... but it was Audino. Design wise I quite like it, especially with the stethoscope and the flowing medical coat look

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Come to think of it, Slowking really took a blow with this announcement.

It was already the hardest Slowpoke evolution to acquire, requiring a trade holding a semi-rare item. If I remember correctly, the King's Rock wouldn't be available any earlier in-game than a lvl. 39 Slowpoke anyway, so "early power" isn't too big a selling point for Slowking. Okay, it learns Psychic earlier than Slowbro, and it gets Nasty Plot (which works so well with its base 30 Speed), but Slowbro was always the easier choice to go for, and will now become the superior one too. Players are practically given the choice: "Do you want to evolve Slowpoke into something that can Mega-Evolve, or hassle around with a rare item to evolve it into something that can't?"

Also, consider me really skeptical on the whole "de-evolution" thing. It implies a HP change in battle, and in the pictures, it's clear that it's Mega Audino's battle partner Sceptile that takes the effect of the attack. The pictures were probably taken from two different battles, for some reason. Besides, it would clash rather badly with XY's game mechanics, for reasons I've stated dozens of times in this thread already.

WHAT THE FUCK DID I WAKE UP TO

WHAT THE FUCK DID I WAKE UP TO
... I only said Mega Slowbro a few pages ago as a JOKE, GF... it was a joke...

Realtalk tho
Why the fuck's everyone raging I think I just might love these things
First thing's first, I like we got a Gen 1 Mega so Gen 1 are finally starting to get as much Megas as Gen 3 (As it should be, Gen 3 has just been overdosing), and it's nice to FINALLY get a Gen 5 Mega ^u^
As for these... well, no stab boosts are confirmed yet, but I think it's pretty damn obvious they're gonna be defensive Megas. Especially Slowbro. Look at it's design. You can NOT tell me that thing will NOT get a massive Defence boost at this point. Design wise? I love them - they improve upon the original designs and concepts. Mega Slowbro looks fucking hilarious yes, but it's basically the Shellder... strengthening it more? It was eating it's tail before now it's going all out, I love that. Mega Audino looks like a combination of a doctor and a forest fairy, and... that's fucking perfect. I literally can't think of any other design that would have fit it more to be honest.
Now let's get to what everyone's been raging about. The abilities. And yeah I was pretty annoyed at first, but... I'm actually cool with these. Yeah, I would have liked better abilities, but... everything considered will these guys really need them? They're obviously going to be very defensive Megas that'll take hits all day on their typing and (hypothetical) stats alone, and Slowbro has reliable recovery in Slack Off so it doesn't mind the loss of Regenerator all that much - Audino... well, yes, the only things it gets even close to healing are Draining Kiss and Pain Split, so let's just hope it gets recovery. Even so... it has 103/86/86 defences right now which are sure to see a boost, and combined with it's very good defensive typing it could pull work even without one.
People are complaining about the loss of Regenerator, but... honestly? You don't have to mega evolve them right away or at all, guys - these are new OPTIONS. You could run a Base Slowbro regenerator set in UU as is, or you could go for a Mega Slowbro which is sure to play completely differently and, as many have said before me, even work well as a Calm Mind setter - remember Crocune, guys? This is Crocune with a better defensive typing, very large base defence, recovery with no drawback and it can't be killed with Crits. THINK about that, guys. THINK about that.
Mega Audino is going to be mostly useful in doubles, and... that's cool. It seems tailor made for VGC; immune to Aegislash's Shadow Ball and Salamence's Draco Meteor, resistant to Mega Khan's Sucker Punch... I'm not into doubles/VGC that much but it definitely looks like it'll pull work there. Yes, healer kind of sucks... but then realize how much Protect-stalling there is in VGC and how much will-o-wisp goes around, and the fact there are never really any clerics. This could do REALLY well if played correctly.
All in all... I'm liking these new Megas a lot, even if it at first it took a little to get over the "WHAT THE FUCK DID I WAKE UP TO" feeling. I feel they'll work well as new options, I feel they're pretty damn solid Megas, and I don't understand why everyone's raging over their designs but praise Mega Salamence's. //runs from incoming "Megamence fits thematically!!!!" crowd

The images have been removed from the Official Korean website by now.
Also

Slowbro's the new Espurr

Mod Edit: Seriously, learn to use the edit button.

Yeah sorry mate I'm p shit at this

Last edited:
Okay, I was talking to a friend (who is a major Poke Noob) about Audino... And I joked about "Mega Audino has to happen. Game Freak, make it happen." And then I wake up to this. GF, I was kidding ._.

Anyway, I personally think Audino looks pretty good in all honestly. Not bad for the Chansey clone, given its new Fairy typing. Still won't be using it personally.

But Slowbro. ...I love Slowbro, I love the concept, but... No. Mega Slowbro just... No. I can't even begin to talk about this. Yes, they are moving the concept forward to a whole new level, but because they didn't really change the shape of Shellder to match this new concept, it makes it look dumb to me. Spiral Shellder is fine, but at least flatten it around the body so it looks more like a proper shell and less like Shellder is trying to eat its host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)