LC Solosis

Overview
########

With base 105 Special Attack, Solosis ties with Abra for the highest Special Attack stat in Little Cup. Solosis also has great abilities in Magic Guard, which it can use to avoid passive damage; and Regenerator, which allows it to recover some of its health. Sadly, Solosis has average bulk and is weak to Knock Off, which hinders its durability. Solosis is also outclassed by Abra outside of Trick Room teams, as Solosis needs Trick Room to function well.

Trick Room Sweeper
########
name: Trick Room Sweeper
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Psychic
move 3: Shadow Ball
move 4: Hidden Power Fighting
ability: Regenerator / Magic Guard
item: Eviolite
evs: 76 HP / 120 Def / 240 SpA / 40 SpD
ivs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 0 Spe
nature: Quiet

Moves
========

Trick Room allows Solosis to "outspeed" almost everything for four turns. Psychic is the STAB move of choice and is used to deal solid damage. Shadow Ball offers coverage against Ghost-types, such as Gastly, as well as opposing Psychic-types such as Abra. Hidden Power Fighting can OHKO Pawniard and hit some other Dark-type Pokemon. It also hits Steel-type Pokemon such as Magnemite.

Set Details
========

The spread's purpose is to maximize Special Attack, putting Solosis at 22 Special Attack. The rest of the EVs go into bulk, allowing a healthy Solosis to survive one Shadow Ball from Gastly or one Sucker Punch from Pawniard when its holding Eviolite. 1 Attack IV is used so that Solosis's Hidden Power type is Fighting, while also minimizing damage from Foul Play and confusion. 0 Speed IVs ensure that Solosis is slower than the opponent, which is crucial for it to function effectively under Trick Room. Regenerator allows Solosis to regain some of its health in order to prolong its longevity. Magic Guard can be used to avoid all passive damage.

Usage Tips
========

After Solosis has set up Trick Room, it can either start denting the opponent's team or switch out to regain some health if its ability is Regenerator. Solosis should not get hit by Knock Off, which will take away its Eviolite-granted bulk. It's also recommended that Solosis doesn't get hit by super effective attacks until it's ready to sweep, so that Regenerator can restore most of the health loss and Solosis can switch back in and set up Trick Room more often. If Solosis is using Regenerator as its ability, it can be used as a bulky pivot early- or mid-game to set up Trick Room for its teammates while it recovers its health when switching out. If Solosis is using Magic Guard as its ability, it can be used to take status, such as burn and poison, without the fear of being worn down. Solosis can also use Life Orb as its item when it has Magic Guard as its ability, as Magic Guard prevents Life Orb recoil.

Team Options
========

Mienfoo and Timburr can use Knock Off to remove Eviolite from opposing Pokemon and take down Pawniard and Porygon, which are common switch-ins to Solosis. Fairy-types such as Spritzee and Snubbull can KO Vullaby, which is able to take all of Solosis's attacks. Steel-types usually give Solosis a hard time, which makes Magnemite, which can trap and KO them, a great partner. Slow sweepers such as Azurill, Bunnelby, Cubone, and Trapinch benefit from Solosis's wallbreaking capabilities and ability to set up Trick Room.

Other Options
########

Life Orb can be used in conjunction with Magic Guard to hit even harder, although Solosis won't be able to take attacks very well without Eviolite. Overcoat may be used so that Solosis can switch into Foongus's Spore and threaten it, but this is rarely necessary. Substitute may replace Shadow Ball so that Solosis can avoid Pawniard's Sucker Punch and KO it with Hidden Power Fighting. Thunder can replace Shadow Ball or Hidden Power Fighting in order to hit Vullaby and other Flying-types, although its lack of accuracy makes it unreliable. Solosis can use Recover over Shadow Ball to have a more reliable form of recovery than Regenerator, but Solosis doesn't have the time to recover its health while Trick Room is active, and Regenerator is usually sufficient recovery. Thunder Wave can replace Trick Room so that Solosis can cripple, outspeed, and possibly KO its checks.

Checks & Counters
########

**Stunky**: Stunky is immune to Psychic, resists Shadow Ball, and is neutral to Hidden Power Fighting. Stunky can trap Solosis with Pursuit or KO it with Sucker Punch.

**Knock Off**: Knock Off removes Solosis's Eviolite and thus its bulk, and after that, most attacks will be able to finish Solosis off.

**Pawniard**: Pawniard can KO Solosis with Sucker Punch 81.3% of the time after Stealth Rock damage, unless Solosis is carrying Substitute.

**Vullaby**: Vullaby can take any of Solosis's attacks except Thunder, then use Roost to recover any health lost and KO Solosis with Knock Off.

**Bulky Normal-types**: Bulky Normal-types such as Porygon and Lickitung, are able to take Hidden Power Fighting and Psychic and regain their health with Recover and Wish, respectively. Munchlax is able to Pursuit trap Solosis without taking too much damage from Hidden Power Fighting.

**Protect**: Protect stalls out Trick Room turns, which is very disadvantageous for Solosis.

**Fake Out**: Fake Out also stalls out Trick Room turns and wears Solosis down as well.

Overview:
+Base 105 Special Attack
+Has 2 great abilities in Magic Guard and Regenerator
-Weak to Knock Off
-Outclassed by Abra outside of Trick Room
-Only functions well with Trick Room
-Average bulk

Moves:
-Trick Room because you can't have a Trick Room sweeper without Trick Room, right?
-Psychic for STAB
-Shadow Ball for coverage, hitting Ghost-types like Gastly and opposing Psychic-types such as Abra.
-Hidden Power Fighting hits Pawniard and other Dark-types. Also hits Steel-types like Magnemite.

Set Details:
-240 SpA EVs to maximize the stat, reaching 22 Special Attack, which is huge
-The rest into bulk which allows it to take 1 Shadow Ball from Gastly and Pawniard's Sucker Punch at full health
-1 Atk IVs to maintain Hidden Power Fighting while also taking minimal damage from Foul Play and confusion
-0 Spe IVs because it's Trick Room, so being slower than is crucial

Usage Tips:
-Set up TR and rain destruction
-It's best for Solosis not to get hit by Knock Off, so it's best to watch out for that.
-Solosis should not take Super-effective hits until its ready to sweep. This is so that Regenerator can restore the health lost and Solosis is able to switch-in and set up Trick Room a bit more.
-Using Regenerator as Solosis' ability allows it restore its health so it can take some non-Super effective hits quite well at early-mid game, which makes it a decent pivot.
-If you're using Magic Guard you can use it to sponge some status such as Burn/Poison without the fear of being worn down by the passive damage as well as being able to use Life Orb as the item for more power

Team Options:
-Mienfoo's and Timburr's Knock Off support and ability to take down Pawniard and Porygon makes them good partners
-Bunnelby enjoys Solosis' capability to remove Gastly and other Ghost-types in Trick Room, as well as Fighting types
-Fairy-types such as Spritzee and Snubbull can deal with Vullaby, which is a problem for Solosis
-Magnemite traps and removes Steel-types, which usually give Solosis problems unless they have taken prior damage, because Hidden Power Fighting can't OHKO anything other than Pawniard
-Slow sweepers such as Azurill, Cubone and Trapinch benefit from Solosis' wallbreaking capabilities and ability to set up Trick Room.

Other Options:
-Life Orb with Magic Guard ability can be used to hit even harder, although you won't be able to take hits too well without Eviolite
-Overcoat ability may be used so you have a semi-reliable switch to Foongus, but this is rarely necessary
-You may use Substitute instead of Shadow Ball to beat Pawniard's Sucker Punch
-Thunder can be used over Shadow Ball or Hidden Power Fighting to hit Vullaby and other Flying-types. It has a 68.8% chance KO Vullaby after Stealth Rocks but its unreliable accuracy makes for a big downside
-Recover may be used over Shadow Ball to have a more reliable form of recovery instead of relying on Regenerator, although this option isn't usually necessary since Solosis barely has time to heal while Trick Room is active and Regenerator is usually sufficient recovery.
-Thunder Wave may be used over Trick Room so that Solosis can cripple its checks, out-speed them and possibly KO them

Last edited:

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Good work so far, I have a suggestion.

I would like you to include Thunder Wave and Recover in OO

My reasoning is that TWave can incap certain Solosis checks / counters on the switch like Pawniard / Mienfoo, as well as shut down aforementioned Foongus and nailing it downwards with Psychic. Obviously you would want to run TR almost all of the time when using Solosis but it is capable of running a bulky eviolite set with Regen / MG as abilites.

Recover is obvious since it heals but it slightly weakens your coverage options. In my opinion all you need is Psychic / HP Fight since the most popular of ghosts will be Gastly who is weak to Psychic.

Also obviously a defensive spread is capable and im iffy on asking to include it since most of the time Solosis is relegated to OTR and nothing else.

I would like you to include Thunder Wave and Recover in OO

My reasoning is that TWave can incap certain Solosis checks / counters on the switch like Pawniard / Mienfoo, as well as shut down aforementioned Foongus and nailing it downwards with Psychic. Obviously you would want to run TR almost all of the time when using Solosis but it is capable of running a bulky eviolite set with Regen / MG as abilites.

Recover is obvious since it heals but it slightly weakens your coverage options. In my opinion all you need is Psychic / HP Fight since the most popular of ghosts will be Gastly who is weak to Psychic.
I'll add Thunder Wave into the OO section since I think your point is solid, but not Recover. If you're using a Trick Room setter I don't think you need Recover as a healing option at all, specially when Solosis has as much power as it does. Also, you have Regenerator, which even if its a waste of a TR turn, so is Recover, specially since most things that will hit you are going to drop 50% of your health off and Solosis will most likely have enough health to take another hit after Regenerator and set TR next time it comes in.

Obviously you would want to run TR almost all of the time when using Solosis but it is capable of running a bulky eviolite set with Regen / MG as abilites.

Also obviously a defensive spread is capable and im iffy on asking to include it since most of the time Solosis is relegated to OTR and nothing else.
About the bulky set, I'm only adding that if the QC team deems it as appropriate. For me, it's not an option to run a bulky set on something with subpar defenses and a weakness to the ever-so-present Knock Off, which completely puts its Eviolite bulk out the window. Even if its abilities suggest it can be used defensively.

If you're a QC member reading this, give me your thoughts on this before giving me a check

Edit: Added Thunder Wave into Other Options section.

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I would like to say that I do think Recover deserves a mention in Other Options; even though it's not very good, as you pointed out, it's still a solid move in general on a lot of other Pokemon and people who don't use Solosis much might be under the impression that Solosis with Eviolite could put it to good use, especially because Slowpoke usually runs it. Just be sure to say why Recover isn't a good choice usually.

I do not think a bulky eviolite set warrants its own set simply because it's not very viable at all in the current metagame, and does not have a very notable niche. It would probably suffice to leave it in OO.

Overview:
It has two great abilities; Overcoat is good, but nowhere near as good as Magic Guard or Regenerator.
It's not outclassed ENTIRELY by Abra outside of Trick Room, since it's still slightly bulkier, so getting rid of the "entirely" would probably suffice.

Other Options:
I think it should be emphasized that without Eviolite, Solosis won't really be able to take any hits very well, not just Super-effective attacks.
Mention that Thunder Wave doesn't synergize well with Trick Room.

Very well done!
QC 1/3

Last edited:

Anthiese

formerly Jac
Like i said dsr95 i was very iffy on it. I run a bulky set and it does alright but it's obviously outclassed. I wanted to at least give it a small mention but it's no big deal if it's not added in yknow?

I'll get Levi's mentions added to their respective sections as soon as possible.

Mention other stuff that benifits from trick room like Trapinch, Croagunk, Cubone and Azuril (lol)
Since it's a sweeper set, I feel its better to list things that help it get through its checks instead of listing things it can support with Trick Room, since it's sweeper, not a supporter. Also, all Pokemon I listed can benefit from Trick Room. If a QC member deems it appropriate, I'll slap some more things into the teammates section.
If you're a QC member reading this, tell me what you think on this before giving me a check.

Like i said dsr95 i was very iffy on it. I run a bulky set and it does alright but it's obviously outclassed. I wanted to at least give it a small mention but it's no big deal if it's not added in yknow?
The thing is, it could be given a mention, but since it's an outclassed option that requires a lot of support to be pulled off, I feel it's better if people just used Slowpoke/Bronzor as bulky Psychic-types.

EDIT: I added all of Levi's mentions and I'm ready for my next check

Last edited:

Anthiese

formerly Jac
WHICH IS WHY I SAID

it's not a big deal if it's added, i've used to to some success but i'm aware of it being outclassed.

i felt it deserved a mention if anything and if not then it's whatever to me.

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
yeh, mentioning both pokémon it helps and things that help it is p nice since, while it's a sweeper/wallbreaker, it also helps TR mons by setting that up, which is nice

qc 2/3, p good analysis

I added 1 more line on Team Options listing 3 more mons that benefit from its wallbreaking yada yada and its TR setting skills and I don't think there's any other slow big sweeper that deserves to be listed as partner for Solosis

Last check, let's go!

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
"-If you're using Regenerator, it's best to not let Solosis take any big hits until it's ready to sweep, this is so that Regenerator can heal off most, if not all the damage taken; because of this, it's also crucial that it doesn't get hit by Knock Off"

This is worded badly imo, you can take a few hits with regen as you can just pivot out the damage, it's what makes regen a great ability because it allows you the take a hit or so early game. with regenerator it can work as a bulky pivot early to mid game. with magic guard it can't really do that. with both abilities it's crucial you don't get hit by knock off tbf.

"-Thunder Wave may be used over Shadow Ball to cripple some checks as they switch in, such as Pawniard or Houndour, although it has bad synergy with Trick Room, as it makes the opponent slower than Solosis, and thus, faster than Solosis if Trick Room is active" -

errrrrrrrrr you shouldn't use thunder wave with trick room. a thunder wave set would be TWave + 3 attacks. no-one would ever use Twave+trick room, so please don't imply that in the analysis

3/3

Eliminated Thunder Wave from Other Options.
I re-worded Usage Tips. I don't know if the re-wording is good enough for what you wanted, Rowan. Also, what I meant by "big hits" was just super effective attacks, because then Solosis can't set up TR more than once since the next time it's in it won't have enough health to take a hit and set up TR.
If I met the requirements, let me know so I can write the paragraph version

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ahh i didn't mean remove thunder wave from other options. put it in, but say a set of Twave, psychic, shadow ball, hp fight. you said it can be used over shadow ball, but it should be used over Trick Room

just mention that regenerator can take a couple of hits early-mid game which is what gives it the advantage over magic guard

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
1 Atk IV hits the same Attack stat as 0 Atk IVs iirc, but still mention that it's so you can still maintain HP fighting, as tehy said.
Under moves, you say that Trick Room allows Solosis to move first, but there are still priority moves and a few slower Pokemon, so instead just say that Trick Room allows Solosis to outspeed almost everything.
ready for GP

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
1/2 :)

add remove (comments)

Overview
########

With base 105 Special Attack, Solosis has ties with Abra for the highest Special Attack in Little Cup, tied with Abra. Solosis also has great abilities in Magic Guard, so it can which it can use to avoid entry hazard damage and status all passive damage; (comma to semicolon) and Regenerator, so Solosis is able to which allows it to recover some of its health. Sadly, Solosis has average bulk and it's weak to Knock Off, which hinders its durability. Solosis is also outclassed by Abra outside of Trick Room teams, as and Solosis needs Trick Room to function well.

Trick Room Sweeper
########

Moves
========

Trick Room allows Solosis to "outspeed" (quotes) almost everything for four turns. Psychic is the STAB move of choice and is used to deal solid damage. Shadow Ball offers coverage against Ghost-types such as Gastly and as well as opposing Psychic-types such as Abra. Hidden Power Fighting can OHKO Pawniard and hit some other Dark-type Pokemon. It also hits Steel-type Pokemon such as Magnemite.

Set Details
========

The spread's purpose is to maximize Special Attack, putting Solosis at 22 Special Attack. The rest of the EVs go into bulk, which allows allowing a healthy Solosis to survive one Shadow Ball from Gastly or one Sucker Punch from Pawniard at full health. 1 Attack IVs are is used for Solosis's Hidden Power type to be Fighting to work while also minimizing damage from Foul Play and confusion. 0 Speed IVs are to ensure that Solosis is slower than the opponent, which is crucial for it to function effectively under Trick Room. (mention the abilities and item)

Usage Tips
========

After Solosis has set up Trick Room, it can either start denting the opponent's team, (remove comma) or switch out to regain some health if it has Regenerator as its ability. Solosis should not get hit by Knock Off, as it which will take away its Eviolite-granted bulk. It's also recommended that Solosis doesn't get hit by super effective attacks until it's ready to sweep, this is so that Regenerator can restore most of the health loss and so that Solosis is able to switch in and set up Trick Room more often. If Solosis is using Regenerator as its ability, it can be used as a bulky pivot early- or mid-game to set up Trick Room for its teammates while it recovers its health when switching out. If Solosis is using Magic Guard as its ability, it can be used to take status such as burn or and poison without fear of being worn down. Solosis can also use Life Orb as its item when it has Magic Guard as its ability, as Magic Guard prevents Life Orb recoil.

Team Options
========

Mienfoo and Timburr can use Knock Off to remove Eviolite from the opposing Pokemon team members and weaken them, while and they're also able to take down Pawniard and Porygon, which are common switch-ins to Solosis. Fairy-types such as Spritzee and Snubbull can KO Vullaby, who which is able to take all of Solosis's attacks. Steel-types usually give Solosis a hard time, which makes Magnemite, which can trap and KO them, a great partner, who is able to trap and KO them. Slow sweepers such as Azurill, Bunnelby, Cubone, and Trapinch benefit from Solosis's wallbreaking capabilities and ability to set Trick Room.

Other Options
########

Life Orb can be used in conjunction with the Magic Guard ability to hit even harder, although Solosis won't be able to take attacks very well without Eviolite. Overcoat ability may be used so that Solosis can switch into Foongus's Spore and threaten it, but this is rarely necessary. Substitute may replace Shadow Ball so that Solosis can avoid Pawniard's Sucker Punch and KO it with Hidden Power Fighting. Thunder can replace Shadow Ball or Hidden Power Fighting in order to hit Vullaby and other Flying-types, although its lack of accuracy makes it unreliable. Solosis can use Recover over Shadow Ball to have a more reliable form of recovery, so that it doesn't have to rely on than Regenerator, although but Solosis doesn't have enough the time to recover its health while Trick Room is active, and Regenator is usually sufficient recovery. Thunder Wave can replace Trick Room so that Solosis can cripple, outspeed, and possibly KO its checks, outspeed them, and possibly KO them.

Checks & Counters
########

**Stunky**: Stunky is immune to Psychic, it resists Shadow Ball, and is neutral to Hidden Power Fighting. Stunky can trap Solosis with Pursuit or KO it with Sucker Punch.

**Knock Off**: Knock Off removes Solosis's Eviolite and thus its bulk, and after that, most attacks will be able to finish Solosis off, including priority attacks.

**Pawniard**: Pawniard can KO Solosis with Sucker Punch 81.3% of the time after Stealth Rock damage 81.3% of the time, (comma) unless Solosis is carrying Substitute.

**Vullaby**: Vullaby can take any of Solosis's attacks except Thunder. Vullaby can use Roost to recover any health lost and then KO Solosis with Knock Off.

**Bulky Normal-types**: Bulky Normal-types such as Porygon and Lickitung are able to take Hidden Power Fighting and Psychic and regaincover their health back with Recover and Wish, respectively. Munchlax works too, being is able to Pursuit trap Solosis without taking too much damage from Hidden Power Fighting.

**Protect**: Protect stalls out Trick Room turns, which is very disadvantageous for Solosis.

**Fake Out users**: Fake Out also stalls out Trick Room turns, except it and wears Solosis down as well.

Last edited:
I'll add these changes tomorrow. Sorry if I was a inactive for too long :/
EDIT: frenzyplant I added all of your changes and added 3 different things to Set Details, as you stated. Let me know if I got what you wanted right

Last edited:

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here's an amcheck
Overview
########

With base 105 Special Attack, Solosis ties with Abra for the highest Special Attack ostat in Little Cup. Solosis also has great abilities in Magic Guard, which it can use to avoid passive damage; and Regenerator, which allows it to recover some of its health. Sadly, Solosis has average bulk and is weak to Knock Off, which hinders its durability. Solosis is also outclassed by Abra outside of Trick Room teams, as Solosis needs Trick Room to function well.

Trick Room Sweeper
########

Moves
========

Trick Room allows Solosis to "outspeed" almost everything for four turns. Psychic is the STAB move of choice and is used to deal solid damage. Shadow Ball offers coverage against Ghost-types, such as Gastly, as well as opposing Psychic-types such as Abra. Hidden Power Fighting can OHKO Pawniard and hit some other Dark-type Pokemon. It also hits Steel-type Pokemon such as Magnemite.

Set Details
========

The spread's purpose is to maximize Special Attack, putting Solosis at 22 Special Attack. The rest of the EVs go into bulk, allowing a healthy Solosis to survive one Shadow Ball from Gastly or one Sucker Punch from Pawniard when its holding Eviolite. 1 Attack IV is used forso that Solosis's Hidden Power type to beis Fighting to work, while also minimizing damage from Foul Play and confusion. 0 Speed IVs ensure that Solosis is slower than the opponent, which is crucial for it to function effectively under Trick Room. Regenerator allows Solosis to regain some of its health backin order to prolong its longevity. Magic Guard can be used to avoid all passive damage.

Usage Tips
========

After Solosis has set up Trick Room, it can either start denting the opponent's team or switch out to regain some health if its hability is Regenerator as its ability. Solosis should not get hit by Knock Off, whichas it will take away its Eviolite-granted bulk. It's also recommended that Solosis doesn't get hit by super effective attacks until it's ready to sweep, so that Regenerator can restore most of the health loss and so that Solosis is able tocan switch back in and set up Trick Room more often. If Solosis is using Regenerator as its ability, it can be used as a bulky pivot early- or mid-game to set up Trick Room for its teammates while it recovers its health when switching out. If Solosis is using Magic Guard as its ability, it can be used to take status, such as burn and poison, without the fear of being worn down. Solosis can also use Life Orb as its item when it has Magic Guard as its ability, as Magic Guard prevents Life Orb recoil.

Team Options
========

Mienfoo and Timburr can use Knock Off to remove Eviolite from opposing Pokemon and they're also able to take down Pawniard and Porygon, which are common switch-ins to Solosis. Fairy-types such as Spritzee and Snubbull can KO Vullaby, which is able to take all of Solosis' attacks. Steel-types usually give Solosis a hard time, which makes Magnemite, whicho can trap and KO them, a great partner. Slow sweepers such as Azurill, Bunnelby, Cubone, and Trapinch benefit from Solosis's wallbreaking capabilities and ability to set Trick Room.

Other Options
########

Life Orb can be used in conjunction with Magic Guard to hit even harder, although Solosis won't be able to take attacks very well without Eviolite. Overcoat may be used so that Solosis can switch into Foongus's Spore and threaten it, but this is rarely necessary. Substitute may replace Shadow Ball so that Solosis can avoid Pawniard's Sucker Punch and KO it with Hidden Power Fighting. Thunder can replace Shadow Ball or Hidden Power Fighting in order to hit Vullaby and other Flying-types, although its lack of accuracy makes it unreliable. Solosis can use Recover over Shadow Ball to have a more reliable form of recovery than Regenerator, but Solosis doesn't have the time to recover its health while Trick Room is active, and Regenerator is usually sufficient recovery. Thunder Wave can replace Trick Room so that Solosis can cripple, outspeed, and possibly KO its checks.

Checks & Counters
########

**Stunky**: Stunky is immune to Psychic, resists Shadow Ball, and is neutral to Hidden Power Fighting. Stunky can trap Solosis with Pursuit or KO it with Sucker Punch.

**Knock Off**: Knock Off removes Solosis's Eviolite and thus its bulk, and after that, most attacks will be able to finish Solosis off.

**Pawniard**: Pawniard can KO Solosis with Sucker Punch 81.3% of the time after Stealth Rock damage, unless Solosis is carrying Substitute.

**Vullaby**: Vullaby can take any of Solosis's attacks except Thunder. Vullaby ca, then use Roost to recover any health lost and then KO Solosis with Knock Off.

**Bulky Normal-types**: Bulky Normal-types, such as Porygon and Lickitung, are able to take Hidden Power Fighting and Psychic and regain their health with Recover and Wish, respectively. Munchlax is able to Pursuit trap Solosis without taking too much damage from Hidden Power Fighting.

**Fake Out**: Fake Out also stalls out Trick Room turns and wears Solosis down as well.
Overview
########

With base 105 Special Attack, Solosis ties with Abra for the highest Special Attack stat in Little Cup. Solosis also has great abilities in Magic Guard, which it can use to avoid passive damage; and Regenerator, which allows it to recover some of its health. Sadly, Solosis has average bulk and is weak to Knock Off, which hinders its durability. Solosis is also outclassed by Abra outside of Trick Room teams, as Solosis needs Trick Room to function well.

Trick Room Sweeper
########

Moves
========

Set Details
========

The spread's purpose is to maximize Special Attack, putting Solosis at 22 Special Attack. The rest of the EVs go into bulk, allowing a healthy Solosis to survive one Shadow Ball from Gastly or one Sucker Punch from Pawniard when its holding Eviolite. 1 Attack IV is used so that Solosis's Hidden Power type is Fighting, while also minimizing damage from Foul Play and confusion. 0 Speed IVs ensure that Solosis is slower than the opponent, which is crucial for it to function effectively under Trick Room. Regenerator allows Solosis to regain some of its health in order to prolong its longevity. Magic Guard can be used to avoid all passive damage.

Usage Tips
========

After Solosis has set up Trick Room, it can either start denting the opponent's team or switch out to regain some health if its ability is Regenerator. Solosis should not get hit by Knock Off, as it will take away its Eviolite-granted bulk. It's also recommended that Solosis doesn't get hit by super effective attacks until it's ready to sweep, so that Regenerator can restore most of the health loss and Solosis can switch back in and set up Trick Room more often. If Solosis is using Regenerator as its ability, it can be used as a bulky pivot early- or mid-game to set up Trick Room for its teammates while it recovers its health when switching out. If Solosis is using Magic Guard as its ability, it can be used to take status, such as burn and poison, without the fear of being worn down. Solosis can also use Life Orb as its item when it has Magic Guard as its ability, as Magic Guard prevents Life Orb recoil.

Team Options
========

Mienfoo and Timburr can use Knock Off to remove Eviolite from opposing Pokemon and take down Pawniard and Porygon, which are common switch-ins to Solosis. Fairy-types such as Spritzee and Snubbull can KO Vullaby, which is able to take all of Solosis' attacks. Steel-types usually give Solosis a hard time, which makes Magnemite, who can trap and KO them, a great partner. Slow sweepers such as Azurill, Bunnelby, Cubone, and Trapinch benefit from Solosis's wallbreaking capabilities and ability to set Trick Room.

Other Options
########

Checks & Counters
########

**Vullaby**: Vullaby can take any of Solosis's attacks except Thunder, then use Roost to recover any health lost and KO Solosis with Knock Off.

**Bulky Normal-types**: Bulky Normal-types, such as Porygon and Lickitung, are able to take Hidden Power Fighting and Psychic and regain their health with Recover and Wish, respectively. Munchlax is able to Pursuit trap Solosis without taking too much damage from Hidden Power Fighting.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Solosis should not get hit by Knock Off, whichas it DON'T implement this change will take away its Eviolite-granted bulk.

Fairy-types such as Spritzee and Snubbull can KO Vullaby, which is able to take all of Solosis's add in this change attacks. Steel-types usually give Solosis a hard time, which makes Magnemite, whicho DON'T implement this change can trap and KO them, a great partner. Slow sweepers such as Azurill, Bunnelby, Cubone, and Trapinch benefit from Solosis's wallbreaking capabilities and ability to set up add in this change Trick Room.

Also dsr95 you don't have to implement the two sets of commas that surround something, like in ",such as X and Y,". It's correct with both commas, but not incorrect without them. Everything else in the amcheck is good.

2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)