Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus

Welp, so much for making jokes about Contest!May, Lisia, and Audino-M looking like magical girls... Still unsure if I want to breed one since i have been trying to dabble into Doubles (and sucking at it). But that Kyube-like face is creepy.

Also just now noticed the thing it is holding resembled a stethoscope.

I have to say, there have been so many "accidental" reveals that you start to wonder if they were accidental at all.

My distaste for these megas aside, they do present viable niches as "defensive mega evolutions" that previously were only truly filled by Mega Venusaur and Mega Blastoise (ZardX was clearly meant to be a bulky attacker, but WoW + Recover is useful on almost everything that learns it). Even then, Mega Stoise is more of a specially offensive tank what with its ability and stat gains.

Mega Sableye offers a brand-new defensive option with a single weakness, as well as boosted defense. Altaria, while certainly capable of offense, has a beastly defensive typing AND access to instant recovery. While Aerialate Mence will no doubt be threatening, lets not forget it has access to Roost, a great speed tier for a defensive mon, and a wide movepool (and of course, the rare Wish).

Mega 'Bro adds to our repertoire of defensive Megas and has a great typing for doing so. Sure, it loses Regenerator, but that isn't as big of a deal because it has arguably the most bulk of any Mega revealed thus far AND has instant recovery WITHOUT a SR weakness (sorry CharX and Mence) at any point. The boost to its already decent special attack lets it tailor its moves, as well; idk that it needs more than Scald (gg physical attackers), Ice / Fire / Psychic coverage to check what it needs to. Alternatively, it presents a fearsome option for setting and using Trick Room, thanks to increased bulk, power, and recovery. I wouldn't count it out as "useless" just yet.

I'm not sure what place Audino will hold, given that its low offenses make it a sitting duck, but it is certainly bulkier than Wigglytuff with Ghost / Dark / Bug / Dragon immunities and resistances. Audino will likely also hold the title of being the most physically defensive fairy (bye Granbull) and may compete with Sylveon in providing Wish / Cleric support. It'll be interesting to see where it ends up.

mega slowbro is cute and all, but I don't think it's going to be a defensive staple or anything like that. it will likely remain a niche kind of mon, like how slowbro is in the current metagame.

the fact that it is vulnerable to all forms of status, doesn't have passive recovery in leftovers, and loses out on regenerator makes me feel like it will be easy to wear down, and certainly won't be the kind of glue that you can mindlessly switch into so many things like you can with mega venusaur. sure, it will have some merits like technically being a good counter to a lot of physical threats, but I think it will only be really good on paper.
excellent opinion, couldn't agree more.

Sceptile is a fast pokemon immune to Thunder Wave and gets a free SpA boost upon switching into an Electric move. Ampharos can hit things like Thundurus-T and Lanturn (Volt Absorb), and probably other stuff I missed

EDIT: 300th post! :)
And in addition to getting that boost it dead stops Volt Switching for total monument reversal. It like literally is a giant foam middle finger to Rotom-W. (Also I'm getting really tired of defending Lighting Rod on that guy, it's a good ability, not great, but good...)

Last edited:
Why are people making a huge deal about Shell Armor? You have Regenerator before Mega Evolving. Just don't Mega Evolve right away and only Mega when you no longer need Regenerator, set up and sweep. It's gonna be bulky as hell that can't be Crit haxed. Has Scald to punish Physical Attackers and Calm Mind to boost it's SpDef. Plus it has increased SpAtk so it'll be hitting hard and walling everything. And the fact it blocks the lucky Critical Hits makes it a real threat. And it has Slack Off for healing. Mark my words, it's gonna destroy.

Not every Pokemon NEEDS to Mega Evolve right away you know.

Complete topic change because Megas aren't the only new thing ever and these new ones seem a tad controversial
Does Lucia seem to anyone to be related to Wallace? I'm personally thinking sister; she seems to share so many traits with him - the hair colour is the most obvious, as well as their love of contests. There's also skin tone and age, and even her having Altaria could be a very obscure reference to Wallace being in love with Winona in Adventures. I dunno; I'm just getting that feeling off of her...

I kinda like Mega Bro's design. Not because it looks cool or even that good, but it'll always make me chuckle whenever I see that goofy, blank smile turn into the most saddest looking face ever. He is probably upset he got shell armor.

Also, some more unlikely scenarios, but what if Klutz prevented Mega Stones from working?

Last edited:
I kinda like Mega Bro's design. Not because it looks cool or even that good, but it'll always make me chuckle whenever I see that goofy, blank smile turn into the most saddest looking face ever. He is probably upset he got shell armor.

Also, some more unlikely scenarios, but what if Klutz prevented Mega Stones from working?
Impossible. Klutz Negates the eff of an item. Megastones have no eff. It's when you press the big shiny MEGA EVOLUTION BUTTON that causes you to Mega evolve. all Lopunny has to do is hold it.

Complete topic change because Megas aren't the only new thing ever and these new ones seem a tad controversial
Does Lucia seem to anyone to be related to Wallace? I'm personally thinking sister; she seems to share so many traits with him - the hair colour is the most obvious, as well as their love of contests. There's also skin tone and age, and even her having Altaria could be a very obscure reference to Wallace being in love with Winona in Adventures. I dunno; I'm just getting that feeling off of her...
I already liked this but I just wanted to reply it too becasue I REALLY like this idea. Wallace, Winona, and Lucia could all have some very fun sub stories if this is true XD I think it's also a pretty reasonable guess for the reasons you said.

This was the impression that I got, the first time I actually saw her. The hair color itself is a dead giveaway, and Wallace is known to be involved in contests in both the Adventures manga and the Anime. He may or may not have a direct tie-in to contests here, but a little sister who does? I could certainly buy it. I hadn't caught on to the potential reference made with Ali, but I think it would make a fine easter egg.

Hoenn introduced a number of unique ideas, including Contests, Secret Bases, the Battle Frontier, the Trick House, double battling, and the concept of different bikes. Counting Scott to represent the Battle Frontier (if it happens), they have also introduced Aarune to represent Secret Bases, and Lisia for Contests. While I highly doubt that double battles will receive a formal introduction, I could see the Trick Master getting a character upgrade by the time all is said and done. I might wonder if they'll do something with Rydel, but I don't see anything major coming from him. Was there anything else that they could use to introduce new characters?

Here's a quote from Bulbapedia's page on Klutz:
Klutz does not prevent the user from Mega Evolving via Mega Stone.
Even though no current Mega Pokemon have Klutz as a possible base form ability people can test this with Skill Swap and stuff.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
You guys probably shouldn't be using the anime as the basis for theories in the games; GF doesn't reference it that much. Also because fuck the anime.

Regardless, the theory of what's-her-face-I'm-too-lazy-to-scroll-up-while-typing-on-her-phone being related to Wallace seems sound.

Because you gotta have blue hair.

You guys probably shouldn't be using the anime as the basis for theories in the games; GF doesn't reference it that much. Also because fuck the anime.

Regardless, the theory of what's-her-face-I'm-too-lazy-to-scroll-up-while-typing-on-her-phone being related to Wallace seems sound.

Because you gotta have blue hair.
It's "screw the rules" levels of awesome hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)