No Guard Galaxy

please, whimsicott quickban. its sleep moves are extremely overcentralizing, and it can just put something to sleep, set up a sub, and freely do what it wants to the next poke (leech seed stall). This could actually make stall a lot unviable, just eliminate grass types and let leech seed + Sub stall your opponent's stall team to death. PP would be an issue, but w/e, it would be really good.

Sleep needs a nerf in general, tbh. Its just really overpowered due to general sleep moves being so widely distributed.

Offense will be very good in this meta, being able to use much more powerful attacks easily and being able to much more easily spread status (inferno char-y, DynamicPunch Conk (I think it gets is ?), and zap cannon electric types). I really like the premise of this meta, as it takes some of the stupid luck out of the game (how often does draco meteor miss for no reason?)
It's a good thing we have infiltrator noivern

4 SpA Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Noivern: 200-236 (64.3 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Noivern Hurricane vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Whimsicott: 560-660 (213.7 - 251.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
and I'm sure there will be other counters to whimiscott like magic bounce

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
lol counter. counters arent stuff that can't switch in more than once, lets see whimsicott stay in on noivern to begin with.

what shit has magic bounce and will be good in this meta? Espeon? Lol. Mega Absol? Lol.

canno

formerly The Reptile
I don't see how Whimsy getting a 100% accurate sleep move would make it broken. Yes, Prankster Sleep is a bitch, but Whimsy has always been able to do its SubSeeding bullshit. Noivern and any Magic Bouncer would beat it because it would never run Moonblast. It doesn't have the space for it, as it needs Grass Whistle, Leech Seed, Substitute, and Encore to be totally effective.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Venusaur/Mega Venusaur would be a fine check and counter to Whimsicott, given it can't touch specially offensive or tank Mega Venusaur and it retaliates with Sludge Bomb. dunno the calcs right now but regardless Whimsi is p much going down. MVenu actually would have a nice boost in that Sleep Powder's accuracy is boosted too so I can see it being a nice threat especially since it hard walls whimsi

Hustle is now mini Huge Power
Also Aqua Tail over Wfall, if you are not pro flinchax
Gengar has 100% accurate Focus Blast and Thunder.
Dragon Rush is a cool move, and has 30% flinch probability, 100 Base Power and no locking effect.
Lucario will enjoy Iron Tail
Mega Kick > Return if something has to use it
Blizzard / Hydro Pump Greninja
Will-o-Wisp will be useful ( if you don't have Inferno )
Dynamic Punch can be used for Coverage
Thunder over Thunderbolt
You can unban Double Team / Minimize lol

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
EVERY boosting move says hi (the hell you are using Double team over Calm Mind or Iron Defense)
Extra Boosts? Not every Stored Power user has 2 reliable stat bosting moves, look at Espeon and Sigilyph (Work Up won't work on the former, it will just take more Foul Play damage)

Extra Boosts? Not every Stored Power user has 2 reliable stat bosting moves, look at Espeon and Sigilyph (Work Up won't work on the former, it will just take more Foul Play damage)
Oh, okay, got it. Still, Stored Power needs to be covered with something like Fairy move for Darks so there's only one moveslot left. I'll prefer recovery or Substitute but that's only my opinion

Yeah, don't know why you'd waste a moveslot on a move that doesn't do anything just for +20 BP on Stored Power per turn. And Foul Play? That's a horrible reason to not use Work Up. How common would Foul Play be, and is the threat of such a move really enough to use Double Team (spend turn doing nothing) over Work Up (gives actual offensive presence)?

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Yeah, don't know why you'd waste a moveslot on a move that doesn't do anything just for +20 BP on Stored Power per turn. And Foul Play? That's a horrible reason to not use Work Up. How common would Foul Play be, and is the threat of such a move really enough to use Double Team (spend turn doing nothing) over Work Up (gives actual offensive presence)?
Not saying you should use the move, I was just saying there was a bit of a niche available if anybody wants to get extra boosts, although there are going to be usually better options. Also another reason not to use Work Up is the far suppority to Calm Mind, so if Calm Mind wasn't available on one of these two, you would most certainly be right, but its available, Siglyph does have Cosmic Power to use (Please don't just go out and shout, "Thats two boosting moves dumby" I know I forgot) but don't see much use to it over Espeon, who however doesn't have an extra moveslot.

Last edited:
Well I highly doubt anyone's desperate enough to try something that underwhelming anyway.

Back on topic, I think Keldeo will really benefit from this. Its Specs set becomes even better with a perfect accuracy STAB Focus Blast. I'd also consider a LO set with taunt or something.

Calcs vs bulky waters -
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 259-306 (64.1 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Quagsire: 415-489 (105.3 - 124.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Hydro usually OHKOs too)
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vaporeon: 219-258 (47.1 - 55.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Obviously you'll still run SS still since Keldeo's 4th move is usually filler anyway. Oh yeah, Hydro Pump is also perfect accuracy.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Something that might work is Weavile.

It gets a powerful and reliable Fighting type move now in DynamicPunch. While it doesn't run Low Kick as commonly as last generation anymore thanks to the Knock Off buff, it's still a welcome addition. It can hit stuff like Terrakion, Tyranitar, Bisharp, Mega Gyarados and Greninja now while confusing anything that tries to switch in, allowing you to attack/switch out more safely. It'd also appreciate the Icicle Crash buff but it's illegal with Knock Off, which is essential to Weavile success. Nonetheless though, it got a new and dangerous tool which you gotta keep in mind. It's one of the few viable DynamicPunch users as while it has good distribution, very few Pokemon viable in OU need it.

ZardX can use DPunch pretty well since it's boosted by Tough Claws and also somewhat cripples would-be switch ins. Can also more reliably kill TTar and BalloonTran

Other potential abusers:
Conkeldurr, Rhydon+, Snorlax, Tyranitar, Dragonite, Azumarill, Zangoose, Metagross and Jirachi (not Serene Grace boosted by appreciates fighting coverage, and parafusionflinch bullshit), Pikachu (lol).

Zap Cannon:
Regis, Porys, Magne-line, Elektross?, Gengar, Starmie, Zapdos, Jolteon, Togekiss, Slowking, Raikou.

Inferno:
Zard, Houdoom, Victini, Chandelure.

Zap Cannon:
Regis, Porys, Magne-line, Elektross?, Gengar, Starmie, Zapdos, Jolteon, Togekiss, Slowking, Raikou.
Most users of this move (Starmie, Gengar, Togekiss and some others) got it through a Gen II TM... It's no longer available as for Gen VI.

Most users of this move (Starmie, Gengar, Togekiss and some others) got it through a Gen II TM... It's no longer available as for Gen VI.
Shit, really? I just copypasted those off a list on Bulbapedia lol. Never been too familiar with move illegalities anyway, to be honest.

The non-Uber Zap Cannon users are Ampharos, Eelektrik, Eelektross, Forretress, Klang, Klink, Klinklang, Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone, Mew, Nosepass, Porygon, Porygon-Z, Porygon2, Probopass, Raikou, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Smeargle, Zapdos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)