Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - Pokemon Showdown! Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, thanks. :) How come the self-KO clause isn't listed at the start of the match with all the other rules? :)
It's not an actual clause or anything iirc, what actually happens in-game in a situation like that is that the player whose Pokemon faints first loses

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OK, thanks. :) How come the self-KO clause isn't listed at the start of the match with all the other rules? :)
Probably because it isnt something important enough for somebody to know at the start of a battle. For example, baton pass clause reassures the player that only one pokemon will have baton pass. Or sleep clause, which reminds the player that they can only put one pokemon to sleep at a time.

I have a problem because I had a special alt named "Birds are Important" but now I can't log in with it. I registered it but now it doesn't even give me the option to put the password. I've tried with other 19 characters names and didn't have any problem. Is this some kind of bug or does this mean that PS don't sympathize well with birds? Please help, this is very frustrating.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a problem because I had a special alt named "Birds are Important" but now I can't log in with it. I registered it but now it doesn't even give me the option to put the password. I've tried with other 19 characters names and didn't have any problem. Is this some kind of bug or does this mean that PS don't sympathize well with birds? Please help, this is very frustrating.
What kind of browser are you using? I'd recommend using google chrome (has best compatibility with showdown) or just download the desktop client from here.

What kind of browser are you using? I'd recommend using google chrome (has best compatibility with showdown) or just download the desktop client from here.
I'm using Chrome.
Maybe someone could try logging in with my name to see if it appears the "this name is registered" thing, which I can't see for some reason.

If I want a PRIVATE ROOM for something like, a group of friends, would that be accepted.
After I checked out a few privaterooms I saw in a leak I started having this question.

And I mean like, just a group of friends who do nothing but talk and chat and have they're own seperate chat.
Like I said before, I only ask this because I see even know one that told me it was just a group of friends.

Would there be any filters here? Like it must have over 50 people or something?

xzern

for sure
If I want a PRIVATE ROOM for something like, a group of friends, would that be accepted.
After I checked out a few privaterooms I saw in a leak I started having this question.

And I mean like, just a group of friends who do nothing but talk and chat and have they're own seperate chat.
Like I said before, I only ask this because I see even know one that told me it was just a group of friends.

Would there be any filters here? Like it must have over 50 people or something?
They don't let you just have a private room, but if you want, you can just make your own server. tutorial here.

Not sure what just happened but I think I met a hacker on Pokemon Showdown. He had an Aron that knew Endeavor which was suppose to lower your opponent's hp to your amount. However the Aron was at 100% hp and that move knocked me down to 2% EVERY SINGLE TIME. Then of course he had sandstorm up from his Tyranitar so I died as soon as he did that. What puzzled even more is that his shell bell would recover his Aron back to 100% when it was at 1%. Is this a hack or am I'm forgetting something.

Not sure what just happened but I think I met a hacker on Pokemon Showdown. He had an Aron that knew Endeavor which was suppose to lower your opponent's hp to your amount. However the Aron was at 100% hp and that move knocked me down to 2% EVERY SINGLE TIME. Then of course he had sandstorm up from his Tyranitar so I died as soon as he did that. What puzzled even more is that his shell bell would recover his Aron back to 100% when it was at 1%. Is this a hack or am I'm forgetting something.
Endeavor knocks the opponent's HP down to whatever HP the user has left (Not the percent).

Endeavor knocks the opponent's HP down to whatever HP the user has left (Not the percent).
Ah thanks for the clarification! Now it makes a lot more sense.

EDIT: I started using that strategy and man is it fun to use. Now the problem is what to do with all the ground,steel, and rock types.

Last edited:
Hey. I wanted to buff up toxic boost a bit, so I created this code. However, it doesn't seem to be working. Could someone help me fix it?

"toxicboost": {

desc: "When this Pokemon is poisoned, its physical attacks do 1.5x damage and speed is multiplied by x1.5.",

shortDesc: "When this Pokemon is poisoned, its physical attack damage and speed are multiplied by 1.5.",

onBasePowerPriority: 8,

onBasePower: function (basePower, attacker, defender, move) {

if ((attacker.status === 'psn' || attacker.status === 'tox') && move.category === 'Physical') {

return this.chainModify(1.5);

onModifySpe: function (speMod, pokemon) {

if (pokemon.status === 'psn' || pokemon.status === 'tox') {

return this.chain(speMod, 1.5);

}

},

id: "toxicboost",

name: "Toxic Boost",

rating: 3,

num: 137

},

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Hey. I wanted to buff up toxic boost a bit, so I created this code. However, it doesn't seem to be working. Could someone help me fix it?

"toxicboost": {

desc: "When this Pokemon is poisoned, its physical attacks do 1.5x damage and speed is multiplied by x1.5.",

shortDesc: "When this Pokemon is poisoned, its physical attack damage and speed are multiplied by 1.5.",

onBasePowerPriority: 8,

onBasePower: function (basePower, attacker, defender, move) {

if ((attacker.status === 'psn' || attacker.status === 'tox') && move.category === 'Physical') {

return this.chainModify(1.5);

onModifySpe: function (speMod, pokemon) {

if (pokemon.status === 'psn' || pokemon.status === 'tox') {

return this.chain(speMod, 1.5);

}

},

id: "toxicboost",

name: "Toxic Boost",

rating: 3,

num: 137

},
You're missing a right bracket and a comma right below this.chainModify(1.5). Try that, and it should work.

Hi!
I know that auth on Showdown! can have custom sprites, but I've seen a few regular users who have customs. Do you need to donate or something?
Just wondering, thanks.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi!
I know that auth on Showdown! can have custom sprites, but I've seen a few regular users who have customs. Do you need to donate or something?
Just wondering, thanks.
No regular user can have them, but some Voice can if they have made a considerable amount of contributions iirc

scene

Banned deucer.
Hi!
Just wondering, thanks.
Certain regular users have them, however they are exceptions and donating does not grant a custom avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)