Ubers Klefki [GP 2/2]

Credit to Hack and stuff
Overview
########

Don't let those jingling keys trick you; Klefki is one of the best team supporters in Ubers. Thanks to Prankster, Klefki can act as both an emergency check to sweepers by using Thunder Wave and as one of the best Spikes setters in the metagame. Its great Steel / Fairy typing also lets it be a solid check to both Yveltal and Xerneas, making Klefki an effective glue Pokemon. On the other hand, Klefki's excellent typing is somewhat counteracted by its low base stats, which prevent it from taking too many hits. Because it hits as hard as lobbing a dust bunny at a tank, Klefki is very susceptible to Taunt, though it can move before most Taunts due to Prankster. Klefki's weakness to Ground-type moves is also unfortunate, as Ground-types such as Groudon and Landorus-T can switch in on Thunder Wave and KO Klefki with ease. Even with these limitations, Klefki is a stellar team supporter that can pull its own weight and more.

Spikes
########
name: Spikes
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Thunder Wave
move 3: Toxic / Heal Block
move 4: Play Rough
item: Leftovers
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD

Moves
========

Klefki can utilize Spikes to great effect with Prankster and stack multiple layers of the entry hazard quite easily to support its team. Thunder Wave is very useful to stop sweepers such as Xerneas and offensive Yveltal, and Klefki can usually paralyze faster sweepers thanks to Prankster. Klefki is not Defog bait either, as Toxic can severely punish support Arceus formes and Giratina-O that try to remove the Spikes it sets, in addition to deterring Ground-types and Ho-Oh from switching in. If your team has a lot of Toxic users or your team struggles with Gothitelle, Heal Block prevents Gothitelle from using Rest, in addition to Kefki having some stall breaking ability and being able to overcome defensive Palkia variants and Dark Arceus. Play Rough sounds like an odd choice, but it allows Klefki to break a Substitute from a standard Geomancy Xerneas as well as deal some damage to Yveltal, both of which Klefki checks.

Set Details
========

Max HP and Special Defense EVs help Klefki check Yveltal and Xerneas, while allowing it to handle support Arceus formes better when they come in to Defog. The 4 Attack EVs give Play Rough the power to break a Substitute from Geomancy Xerneas, so Klefki can cripple it with Thunder Wave. A Careful nature maximizes Klefki's special bulk in order for it to check Xerneas and other specially offensive threats, and Leftovers increases Klefki's overall longevity.

Usage Tips
========

Defoggers such as Arceus and Giratina-O are usually common switch-ins to Klefki in order to prevent it from setting up multiple layers of Spikes. Luring these Pokemon and smacking them with a Toxic is extremely helpful in limiting their opportunities to come in later to clear the field of entry hazards. Toxic is also very useful to surprise other common switch-ins, such as Ho-Oh, Groudon, and Landorus-T off-guard, all of which would walk all over Klefki otherwise. Even though Klefki is a great switch-in to Yveltal because of its typing, it needs to watch out for Taunt. Prankster Thunder Wave is a very good last-minute answer to most sweepers, so try not to lose Klefki to an opponent using certain sweepers such as Blaziken, Xerneas, and Choice Scarf users such as Kyogre. Despite Klefki's innate ability to check most of the Dragon-types in the tier, most of them have a way to break past it with their coverage moves, so attempting to wall them with Klefki is never a good idea.

Team Options
========

Landorus-T forms an excellent entry hazard core with Klefki; its Ground immunity, access to Stealth Rock, and complementary typing to Klefki's make the two a good pair. Other Pokemon that are immune to Ground-type moves are also good teammates—Lugia and Yveltal definitely appreciate Spikes support in order to KO opponents more easily. Klefki does not like taking powerful Water-type attacks, especially in rain, so Pokemon such as Kyogre and Palkia that can take these hits for Klefki are solid partners. Mega Gengar can trap Defoggers for Klefki and either cripple them with Taunt or take them out with Destiny Bond, clearing the way for Klefki to set up Spikes. Sweepers that appreciate Spikes such as Xerneas, Blaziken, Rayquaza, and Extreme Killer Arceus love having Klefki as a partner, as it does not necessarily give up momentum for offensive teams. Overall, teams that want blanket checks to big threats such as Xerneas and Blaziken, wish to have priority Thunder Wave, or that do not want extremely specialized team members should definitely consider Klefki.

Other Options
########

Klefki has many other options to take advantage of, though many are somewhat gimmicky. One of these is the combination of Choice Scarf and Switcheroo, which gives Klefki the ability to cripple almost any support Pokemon. However, this comes at the cost of Leftovers and forcing Klefki to lose one of its core moves, thus hindering its overall performance. Another move Klefki can use is Sunny Day, which can not only provide weather support, but greatly irritates Kyogre leads as well. However, the same problem as before occurs, especially if Klefki uses Heat Rock as its item. A dual screens set does not have this problem and can support Klefki's team members with bolstered defenses and setup opportunities. Unfortunately, this support can come at the cost of Klefki losing its ability to check Xerneas and other dangerous sweepers. Klefki can also use Hidden Power Fire to come out on top against most Steel-type entry hazard setters or removers such as Mega Scizor, Forretress, and Ferrothorn. However, even though Klefki can still check Xerneas with this option, it cannot defeat Substitute variants of the Geomancy set.

Checks & Counters
########

**Excadrill**: Excadrill is the perfect counter to Klefki, as it can switch in on both Toxic and Thunder Wave, smash Klefki with Earthquake, and Rapid Spin away any Spikes Klefki sets without breaking a sweat.

**Gliscor and Landorus-T**: Both Gliscor and Landorus-T can force Klefki out with Earthquake and they are immune to Thunder Wave. While Landorus-T has a greater offensive presence, Gliscor has access to Taunt and is unaffected by Toxic.

**Ho-Oh**: With no way for Klefki to defeat it outside of Toxic, Ho-Oh can switch into Klefki almost freely and obliterate Klefki with Sacred Fire, and doesn't mind even Toxic because of Regenerator.

**Poison Arceus**: As Posion Arceus is innately immune to Toxic, it can just switch in on Klefki and stall Klefki out with Will-O-Wisp and Recover while setting up with Calm Mind, or it can simply Defog Klefki's Spikes away without hindrance.

**Mega Scizor**: Mega Scizor isn't too concerned about getting paralyzed and can Defog Klefki's entry hazards away without trouble. Repeated Bullet Punches will also deal with Klefki unless it carries Hidden Power Fire.

**Skarmory**: Similarly to Mega Scizor, Skarmory can stall out Klefki and either set up its own entry hazards, remove Klefki's Spikes with Defog, or phaze Klefki out with Whirlwind. Klefki cannot get past Skarmory unless the full paralysis chance is on its side and it carries Hidden Power Fire.

**Heatran**: Heatran doesn't really care about paralysis and is immune to Toxic, in addition to completely walling Klefki due to Heatran's 4x resistance to Play Rough. Heatran can also set up Stealth Rock in Klefki's face or simply roast it with Lava Plume.

**Specially Defensive Kyogre*: Kyogre can already put a large dent in Klefki with its rain-boosted STAB moves, but specially defensive variants are a huge pain to deal as they can Rest off status and KO Klefki with Scald.

**Shadow Tag**: Though no Shadow Tag users like getting paralyzed or poisoned, each of them can deal with Klefki quite handily. Mega Gengar can Taunt Klefki in order to provide a free switch-in for something else, but it will then be crippled by Thunder Wave. Wobbuffet can use Encore and Safeguard to get free turns, but it gets hit with Toxic in the process, and locking Klefki into Spikes can be disastrous. Gothitelle can deal with Klefki easily if it has Rest, and if it doesn't, it can still Taunt Klefki at the cost of being hit with a status move.

Credit to Hack and stuff
Overview
########

• Best Spikes setter
  • Good Prankster movepool (Toxic +TWave = suffering)
  • Checks GeoXern and Ygod
  • Great defensive typing, but schmeh stats
  • taunt bait-ish, but can move b4 it thanks to dat Prankster
  • Hits like a dust bunny
  • No le gusta Ground-types

The Legend of BooBooKeys
########
move 3: Toxic

Moves
========
  • Such Spikes
  • Thunder Wave = emergency stop to speedy mons like Xerneas, Blaziken, Mewtwo etc
  • Toxic punishes defogers, grounds, ho-oh
  • Play Rough to break that GeoXern Sub

Set Details
========

• Max sdef+hp makes you a little durable, takes on yveltal and xerneas quite well
  • 4 Atk and Play Rough will always break GeoXern Sub
  • also good evs for support arc, who you annoy like hell

Usage Tips
========

• attempt to get up lure in defogers and toxic them, and spike when given room
  • toxic is very useful to throw out on many switches to mons like ho-oh, groudon etc
  • switch on yveltal can be good, beware of taunt though
  • generally, if your opponent has a speedy sweeper that you can stop, save klefki even if its low. prankster para comes in a handy a lot
  • don't recklessly try to wall dragons, most can bust through you easily even if you are immune to their STAB

Team Options
========

• Landorus-T
  • Flying-types or Levitators (Ygod is gud)
  • Water resists (Ogre and Palk)
  • Stuff that likes Spikes (Ray, MegaBlaze, EKiller, etc.)
  • MegaGar is gud
  • generally builds appreciate prankster t wave so they don't have to carry extremely solid blaze/geoxern counters

Other Options
########

• switcheroo scarf??????
  • sunny day to fucking troll kyogres ass when leading against it
  • recycle air balloon best groudon troll 2014
  • Dual Screens
  • SwagPlay more liek FagPlay amirite?
  • HP Fire (Opposing hazard setters that are Steel-types also Defog Scizor)

Checks & Counters
########

• GURREN LAGANN
  • grounds are immune to t wave (Lando-T)
  • Ho-Oh
  • Poison Arceus
  • Mega Scizor
  • Skarmory
  • p much everything that can hit it hard and doesn't mind toxic or t wave TOO much
  • Heatran
  • SpD Ogre
  • Shadow Tag
  • it's not really hard to counter, but toxic/t wave screws with a lot of mons making it quite annoying anyway

Last edited:
Reactions: Muk

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Another counter I found that completely rapes Klefki is Magnezone/ton. Toxic/Thunder Wave can't do shit, neither does Play Rough and you 2HKO with HP Fire. You do get 2 layers set up on you, which sucks, but Defog is there for a reason. Maybe mention in Counters?

Otherwise, qc 1/3

Another counter I found that completely rapes Klefki is Magnezone/ton. Toxic/Thunder Wave can't do shit, neither does Play Rough and you 2HKO with HP Fire. You do get 2 layers set up on you, which sucks, but Defog is there for a reason. Maybe mention in Counters?

Otherwise, qc 1/3
Dumb question, since Magnezone has been rejected an analysis and therefore should not be listed as a counter, should Magneton get the same treatment? I really don't think Magneton is any better than Zone outside of a better Speed stat.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Poison Arceus is a counter, it can burn Klefki and then spam Defog until it dies or just kill it with Fire Blast. It'll get TWaved in the process though.

Mega Scizor is a counter, it gets Defog and can't be Toxiced/doesn't care about para, so will eventually defeat Klefki with Bullet Punch.

Skarmory is a counter for similar reasons as Scizor.

Mega Gengar can be mentioned as a check as well.

QC 2/3

Poison Arceus is a counter, it can burn Klefki and then spam Defog until it dies or just kill it with Fire Blast. It'll get TWaved in the process though.

Mega Scizor is a counter, it gets Defog and can't be Toxiced/doesn't care about para, so will eventually defeat Klefki with Bullet Punch.

Skarmory is a counter for similar reasons as Scizor.

Mega Gengar can be mentioned as a check as well.

QC 2/3
OK, since I conveniently got smacked in the face with a badminton racket, I've decided to get the ball rolling again. Though no one has answered my previous question yet, I guess the write-up will commence (probably the weekend tho)

Hey guise Dual Screens should definitely be a main set because its just so helpful. It is definitely better than Deoxys-S because
1: Priority Duh
2: Much better typing, isn't pursuit and knock off weak which is really great
3: Thunder Wave is like Klefki's signature move lol and for good reason thanks to prankster

Klefki's screens act in a similar manner to Sableye's will-o-wisp, decreasing damage taken so it can do more things, which in Klefki's case would be setting up more screens, parahaxing, and maybe setting up spikes, or simply switching out to a different mon to take advantage of their increased defense.

I'll put in replays to prove how neat it is :3

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-133194118

I know the guy foolishly brought OU mons but you could see Klefki did help a lot. He could switch into mons Deoxys-S never could and reliably set up screens, btw my other move you didn't see was spikes.

Last edited:
Hey guise Dual Screens should definitely be a main set because its just so helpful. It is definitely better than Deoxys-S because
1: Priority Duh
2: Much better typing, isn't pursuit and knock off weak which is really great
3: Thunder Wave is like Klefki's signature move lol and for good reason thanks to prankster

Klefki's screens act in a similar manner to Sableye's will-o-wisp, decreasing damage taken so it can do more things, which in Klefki's case would be setting up more screens, parahaxing, and maybe setting up spikes, or simply switching out to a different mon to take advantage of their increased defense.

I'll put in replays to prove how neat it is :3

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-133194118

I know the guy foolishly brought OU mons but you could see Klefki did help a lot. He could switch into mons Deoxys-S never could and reliably set up screens, btw my other move you didn't see was spikes.
no

Last edited:

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Defog removes Dual Screens. not to mention that Dual Screens Deoxys-S is ass (@Hack probably agrees with me about this). The set posted is by far the best set, as it allows Klefki to blanket check so much - Blaze, Yveltal, Xerneas, assorted CM Arceus (ones with Sub are sad as Toxic hits them before they can hide), Darkrai, etc etc etc. You can screw with supportceus too

canman98 keys learn Safeguard, it's actually not bad at all, and supportceus trying to burn are sad etc. I'd go so far as to say it deserves moves mention in set details if you don't want/need Spikes, i find when i use keys that Spikes is just something you click for the hell of it or when you have nothing else to do, which isn't too often

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I agree with LustPalk (except I really love Spikes of Klefki even with Defog existing).

Memento Latios > everything else with screens.

Guys a lot of the time i just bait Lugia (one of the most prominent defoggers I find) or another relevant defogger by setting up screens, predict the switch to my choice band Zekrom and go for the kill if it decides to defog, or completely wreck another switch-in. Seriously guys screens Klefki sounds flawed in theory, but I built my team around Klefki and performs surprisingly well even in the presence of defog. And besides, both screens only last 8 turns and usually by the time someone comes in after Klefki does his thing it may have already taken 4 or 5 turns, meaning that most of the time it's not the end of the world if the enemy defogs, and defog provides opportunities to bring in dangerous Pokemon (such as specs and banded wallbreakers) and wreck shit.
Also, if you are really paranoid about defog, just send in a good defiant Pokemon (although sadly not many are viable in Ubers anyway).
Rapid spin Excadrill does pose a threat to Klefki, but I have physically defensive Wobbuffet to take care of that.
Seriously screens Klefki does not disappoint, actually try it first before disregarding it, you may be surprised.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Dual Screens Klefki is not getting a set. It is too easy to Defog on and unlike other potential Screeners such as Deoxys-S and Mewtwo it cannot stop Defog users with Taunt. It is too easy to remove the Screens with a move that is so common in the current metagame. It also somewhat limits Klefki's utility since now it only has two slots for Spikes/Play Rough/Thunder Wave/Toxic which will either limit its ability to punish Defoggers or check offensive threats such as GeoXern. While you might be able to play around Defog users, prediction is also a two way street, and as such that argument does not help it's viability. It's fine for OO but screens aren't consistent enough in this metagame to make it its own set.

Well, not trying it beforehand? I thought there was this thing going around called 'no theorymon'?
Ok stop. Don't act like people didn't try the set- we all did like 7 months ago. This isn't based on theorymon at all. With screens any Defog Arceus can simply come in and defog away everything for free. You can't punish Defogers without Toxic and giving up Thunder Wave or Spikes leads to further issues. If you need an explaination for this 4mss dilemma then i'll gladly give it to you but atm i cba to explain the obvious. This is not mentioning screens can still be defogged away easily despite you poisoning the defoger. Using screens means you use a HO team, meaning the games are going to be short too, and Toxic is hardly enough to punish a Defog Arceus in that case. Not to mention a stall teams defoger will just eat the Toxic up and get healed by a cleric later. In short, it's highly detrimental for an offense team to have a mon that is stall bait like this for so many reasons. Also regarding offense pressure on general- if you use a frail SR user, chances are it will be very easy for the opponent to defog away those too after your SR user died, just because you have this Klefki set holding you back.

It might seem intuitive for a newer player to use screens because the obvious benefits against other HO teams, but even then Deo-S does this better with Taunt+SR, compressing team slots much better. Again, trust me, but many highly competent players spent the first months in this gen trying all sorts of stuff and shared their experiences with it. This set is nothing new and the views aren't based on theory.

Last edited:
This has been written and is now ready for its 3rd check.

Edit: I might want some other opinions on Safeguard for OO. Sounds interesting and can be useful at the cost of a moveslot, and I would like some more opinions about this.

No to safeguard, it only lasts 5 turns and not being able to status for a little while is rarely more than a minor inconvenience for your opponent (especially when Klefki itself is immune to Toxic and doesn't care about paralysis...there are very few turns for Safeguard to actually benefit your team). It does protect Klefki from sleep, but Darkrai isn't going to stay in on Klefki anyway.

"Landorus-T forms an excellent hazard core with Klefki, since the immunity to Ground, and access to Stealth Rock and U-turn allow the two to switch into threats that would danger the other." ??? can you clarify this sentence in Team Options?

In Checks & Counters, Mega Scizor doesn't need too many Bullet Punches to kill Klefki, especially max attack variants, so I'd remove the "can't kill each other" bit.

QC 3/3 :)

No to safeguard, it only lasts 5 turns and not being able to status for a little while is rarely more than a minor inconvenience for your opponent (especially when Klefki itself is immune to Toxic and doesn't care about paralysis...there are very few turns for Safeguard to actually benefit your team). It does protect Klefki from sleep, but Darkrai isn't going to stay in on Klefki anyway.

"Landorus-T forms an excellent hazard core with Klefki, since the immunity to Ground, and access to Stealth Rock and U-turn allow the two to switch into threats that would danger the other." ??? can you clarify this sentence in Team Options?

In Checks & Counters, Mega Scizor doesn't need too many Bullet Punches to kill Klefki, especially max attack variants, so I'd remove the "can't kill each other" bit.

QC 3/3 :)
3rd check is done. GP mode engaged.

Reactions: Muk
amcheck lol

add/change
remove
comments

Overview
########

Don't let those jingling keys trick you; Klefki is actually one of the best team supporters in the Ubers tier. Thanks to Prankster, Klefki can act as both an emergency check to sweepers with Thunder Wave and as one of the best Spikes setters in the metagame. Its great Steel / Fairy typing also lets it be a solid check to both Yveltal and Xerneas, making it an effective glue Pokemon. On the other hand, Klefki's excellent typing is somewhat counteracted by its low base stats, which prevent it from taking too many hits. Because it hits as hard as lobbing a dust bunny at a tank, Klefki is very susceptible to Taunt, though it can move before most Taunts due to Prankster. Klefki's weakness to Ground-type moves is also unfortunate, as Ground-types such as Groudon and Landorus-T can switch in on Thunder Wave and can KO Klefki with ease. Even with these limitations, Klefki is a stellar team supporter that can pull its own weight and more.

The Legend of BooBooKeys
########
move 3: Toxic

Moves
========

Klefki can utilize Spikes to great effect with Prankster and stack multiple layers of the entry hazard quite easily to support its team. Sweepers are always a pain, so Thunder Wave is very useful to stop threats such as Xerneas and offensive Yveltal cold, and Klefki can usually paralyze faster sweepers thanks to Prankster. Don't think Klefki is not Defog bait either, as Toxic can severely punish support Arceus formes and Giratina-O that try to remove the Spikes it sets, in addition to deterring other Ground-types and Ho-Oh from switching in. Play Rough sounds like an odd choice, but it allows Klefki to break a Substitute from a standard Geomancy Xerneas as well as deal some damage to Yveltal, both of which Klefki checks.

Set Details
========

Max HP and max Special Defense help Klefki check Yveltal and Xerneas, while also allowing it to handle support Arceus formes better when they come in to Defog. The 4 Attack EVs give Play Rough the power to break a Substitute from Geomancy Xerneas variants so that Klefki can cripple it with Thunder Wave.

Usage Tips
========

When using Klefki, Defoggers such as Arceus and Giratina-O are usually common switch-ins to Klefki in order to prevent it from setting up multiple layers of Spikes. So, luring these Pokemon in and smacking them with a Toxic is extremely helpful in limiting their opportunities to come in later and clear the field of entry hazards. Toxic is also very useful to catch other common switch-ins off-guard, such as Ho-Oh, Groudon, and Landorus-T off-guard, all of which would walk all over Klefki otherwise. Even though Klefki is a great switch-in to Yveltal because of its Steel/Fairy defensive typing, it needs to watch out for Taunt. Prankster Thunder Wave is a very good last-minute answer to most sweepers, so try not to lose Klefki to an opponent using certain sweepers, (RC) such as Blaziken, Xerneas, and even Choice Scarf users such as Kyogre. Despite Klefki's innate ability to check most of the Dragon-types in the tier, most of them have a way of breaking past it with their coverage moves, so attempting to wall them with Klefki is never a good idea.

Team Options
========

Landorus-T forms an excellent entry hazard core with Klefki; since its Ground immunity, access to Stealth Rock, and complementary typing make the two a good pair. Other Pokemon that are immune to Ground-type moves are also good teammates—Lugia and Yveltal definitely appreciate Spikes support in order to KO opponents more easily. Klefki does not like taking hits from powerful Water-type attacks, especially in rain, so Pokemon such as Kyogre and Palkia that can take these hits for Klefki are solid partners. Mega Gengar can trap Defoggers for Klefki and either cripple them with Taunt or take them out with Destiny Bond, clearing the way for Spikes. Sweepers that can abuse Spikes for their own gain, (RC) such as Xerneas, Blaziken, Rayquaza, and Extreme Killer Arceus love having Klefki as a partner, as it does not necessarily give up momentum for offensive teams. Overall, teams that want blanket checks to big threats such as Xerneas and Blaziken, wish to have priority Thunder Wave, or that do not want extremely specialized team members should definitely consider Klefki as a candidate.

Other Options
########

Klefki has many-albeit gimmicky other options to take advantage of, though many are somewhat gimmicky. One of these is the combination of Choice Scarf and Switcheroo, which gives Klefki the ability to cripple almost any support Pokemon on the opposing team. However, this comes at the cost of Leftovers and forces Klefki to lose one of its core moves, thus hindering its overall performance. Another move Klefki can use is Sunny Day, which can not only provide weather support, but it can also greatly irritate Kyogre leads as well. However, the same problem as before occurs, especially if Klefki uses Heat Rock as its item. A Dual Screens set, however, does not have this problem, (RC) and can support Klefki's team members with bolstered defenses and plentiful setup opportunities. Unfortunately, this support can come at the cost of Klefki losing the ability to check Xerneas and other dangerous sweepers that it used to have. Klefki can also use Hidden Power Fire to come out on top against most Steel-type entry hazard setters or entry hazard removers such as Mega Scizor, Forretress, and Ferrothorn. However, even though Klefki can still check Xerneas with this option, it cannot defeat Substitute variants of the Geomancy set.

Checks & Counters
########

**Excadrill**: Excadrill is basically the absolute perfect counter to Klefki, as it can switch in on both Toxic and Thunder Wave, smash Klefki with Earthquake, and Rapid Spin away any Spikes Klefki sets without breaking a sweat.

**Gliscor and Landorus-T**: Both of these Ground / Flying types can force Klefki out with Earthquake and set up entry hazards of their own, and they are immune to Thunder Wave. While Landorus-T has a greater offensive presence, Gliscor has access to Taunt and is unaffected by Toxic.

**Ho-Oh**: With no way for Klefki to defeat it outside of using Toxic, Ho-Oh can pretty much switch into Klefki almost freely and smelt it with Sacred Fire., and gets hit by Play Rough with the force of an ant. (You may also want to point out that it doesn't mind Toxic as much as other bulky Pokemon due to Regenerator)

**Poison Arceus**: As Poison Arceus is innately immune to Toxic, it can just switch in on Klefki and stall it out with Will-O-Wisp and Recover while setting up Calm Mind, or it can simply Defog Klefki's Spikes away without hindrance.

**Mega Scizor**: Mega Scizor isn't too concerned about paralysis and can just Defog Klefki's entry hazards away without trouble. Repeated Bullet Punches will also deal with Klefki quickly unless it carries Hidden Power Fire.

**Skarmory**: Similarly to Mega Scizor, Skarmory can stall out Klefki, (RC) and either set up its own hazards, remove Klefki's Spikes with Defog, or just phaze Klefki out with Whirlwind. Klefki cannot get past Skarmory unless the full paralysis chance is on its side and it carries Hidden Power Fire.

**Heatran**: Heatran doesn't really care about paralysis and is immune to Toxic, in addition to completely walling Klefki due to its 4x resistance to Play Rough. Heatran can also set up Stealth Rock in Klefki's face or simply roast it with Lava Plume., leaving Klefki only able to set up Spikes.

**Specially Defensive Kyogre*: Kyogre can already put a large dent in Klefki with its rain-boosted STAB moves, but specially defensive variants are a huge pain to deal with as they can Rest off status and KO Klefki with Scald. As with Heatran, Klefki can only set up Spikes in this situation, but Kyogre can just Roar it away to prevent any further stacking of Spikes.

**Shadow Tag**: Though none of the Shadow Tag users like getting paralyzed or poisoned, each of them can deal with Klefki quite handily. Mega Gengar can Taunt Klefki in order to provide a free switch-in for something else, but it gets crippled by Thunder Wave. Wobbuffet can use Encore and Safeguard to get free turns, but it gets hit with Toxic in the process, and locking Klefki into Spikes can be disastrous. Gothitelle can deal with Klefki easily if it has Rest, but it can still Taunt Klefki at the cost of being hit with a status move.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)