XY UU X/Y UU Team

Hello, Smogon! So I'm new to competitive battling and I just wanted to get other people's opinion on my newly constructed UU Team. Any feedback would be great!

Geico (Heliolisk) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Surf
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, so I figured that I'll usually lead off with Heliolisk, considering it's very speedy and has the benefit of Choice Specs to give it the large Special Attack boost. I'm carrying Volt Switch for a good STAB/Cop out move (in case I run into something Heliolisk can't handle), Surf to counter Ground weaknesses, Focus Blast for a powerful, unexpected move (plus it counters threats like Pyroar, Gigalith, and something like Registeel or Steelix, although the latter will go down to Surf as well) and Grass Knot for the heavy weight opponents.

Victor (Gogoat) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
- Milk Drink
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech
- Rock Slide
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next up is my Gogoat, Victor (anyone who catches that reference is awesome) carrying Sap Sipper for its ability, and running a more Defense/HP based set. He's able to set up Leech Seed & restore HP w/ Milk Drink (not to mention the boost from the leftovers) but also sap up opposing health with Horn Leech, and recover a lot of the damage dealt. And that finally leaves Rock Slide, which is only really there to cover Flying/Fire/Ice weakness.

Dupes Klawz (Barbaracle) (M) @ White Herb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Razor Shell
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Shell Smash
Next is my (almost) purely offensive Barbaracle, Dupes Klawz (Dupey for short :D) My main strategy is to get up a Shell Smash (hence why the herb is there) to boost my stats up and wiping away the defense drop. I then Have strong STAB's like Razor Shell (which has the potential to lower the opponents Defense) and Rock Slide (which can cause flinching), along with Aerial Ace to cover up the 4x grass weakness.

Mrs. Smaug (Dragalge) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Venoshock
- Scald
- Dragon Pulse
4th on the list is my dedicated SpD heavy sponge, Dragalge. First, I'm carrying the black sludge for HP boost, as well as Toxic (for status), Venoshock (to go hand in hand with Toxic), Scald (to cover the pre-dominantly physical Ground type weakness), and Dragon Pulse (mainly just for a powerful STAB move, despite having no secondary effect.)

Scruffeh (Furfrou) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Thunder Wave
5th is my dear ol' Scruffeh, or Furfrou, who serves as a physically defensive team mate, equipped with Leftovers. He runs Cotton Guard to drastically up his Defense, which is already essentially doubled by his Fur Coat ability. He also hold Thunder Wave for annoying status, Return for strong STAB, and Sucker Punch for the priority OR if I come up against a Psychic/Ghost type.

Flower Girl (Florges) (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
And last, but most certainly not least, is Flower Girl the Florges, another Specially strong poke. She carries Moonblast for a strong STAB, Psychic to ward off Poison types, as well as HP fire (Not only can it help with Steel types, which she's weak to, but it's also gained placement just for the lack of fire moves on this team O_O), and to top it all off, Wish to heal herself and teammates.

Again, this is one of my first teams, so if it's no good, feel free to say so! And thanks in advance for any and all reviews!

I love my florges it like ur but move set is clam mind, moon blast, petal dance may change to energy ball tho and psychic

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just gonna say that I think you should learn the UU metagame a bit more before you post a team. Most of the pokemon on your team are not viable at all in the UU tier, with the exception of Florges (different set) and sometimes Heliolisk (really niche) This is a link to an UnderUsed resource bank with a viability thread, teambuilding guide, and more. Feel free to PM me or find me on showdown if you want help building a team.

Resources: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cant-open-box-xy-version-underused-resource-thread.3507508/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)