FFTA2 Law Battle Tournament - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

Thanks to anundeadboy for the kick-ass logo
Introduction

FFTA2 stands for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2, and in that game every battle would have a judge which declared laws specific to that battle, usually limiting how you could move or attack. This tournament aims to adapt those kinds of a laws to a Pokemon format.

Tournament Specific Rules:

- At sign-up you must PM me, Oglemi, 1 team of 6 Pokemon and that 1 team only (I only need the 6 Pokemon, items/abilities/evs/moves/etc are subject to change). Those 6 will be your team for the whole tournament.

- You must save the replay of your battles and PM it to me after winning once the tournament starts so that I can make sure you are using the same team. If you forget to save the replay that is grounds enough for your opponent to ask for a rematch.

- Every round I will introduce 3 Laws. These Laws can range from banning the use of a type of move (eg no Fire-type moves) and banning certain abilities all the way to disallowing switching.

- Laws will not stack, meaning the rules for that round will only be for that round.

- If you break a law, it is an automatic forfeit and you lose the match.

- Battles will be best of 1 single elimination

General Rules:

General Tournament Guidelines apply (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tournament-rules-and-general-guidelines.3486049/).

In addition to the above, you are playing in standard XY OU, meaning the following Clauses are in effect for each battle unless otherwise explicitly stated.

Pairings:

Reymedy vs Wepwn
absdaddy vs SoulWind
Haruno vs sparktrain
Mizuhime
vs LightningLuxray
Brap vs Vinc2612
Zebraiken vs FLCL
Tesung vs Tricking
Ojama vs Pat Labor
Lasagne vs ForgottenOnes
Disenchanted vs McMeghan
Xyldaz
vs Ruppy
Jaiho vs Seismitoad
whitesox vs Laurel
Jirachie vs Little Hulk
Double01 vs FireMage
Ninety_Nine vs Zamrock

The Laws For This Round:

Airborne -
No Pokemon may be airborne. This means that any Flying-type Pokemon or those with Levitate must be holding an Iron Ball. The moves Fly, Sky Drop, and Bounce are banned. No Pokemon may Mega Evolve to bypass this rule, ie. Pinsir -> Mega Pinsir would break this law since it then became airborne as a Mega. Gyarados -> Mega Gyarados also breaks this law as Gyarados started out airborne. All other Flying-type moves are allowed. The move Telepathy is allowed. High Jump Kick and Jump Kick are allowed.

Item Removal - No Pokemon may lose its item in any manner. In effect, the moves Knock Off, Trick, Fling, Switcheroo, Pluck, and any other move that removes an item are banned. Consumable items such as Berries, Red Card, Air Balloon, Power Herb and the like are banned.

Protection - The moves Protect, Detect, Quick Guard, and Wide Guard are banned. Substitute is allowed.

Some Reminders:

- If you break the above laws it's an automatic forfeit and you lose!

- Save your replay and send it to me as proof of using the same team!

Aegislash:

- Remember, Aegislash is now banned. If you have not yet sent me a replacement for it on your team, you must do so immediately.

Deadline:

Saturday, August 23rd.

Last edited:
Zebraiken vs FLCL
get hype.

also these rules screw me over too, ill be surprised if theres anyone they dont fuck with
contacting

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
in this thread: people who sent charizard are crying

gotta love running that iron ball behemoth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)