3. City
4. Liverpool
5. Spurs
6. United/Everton...
17. QPR
18. Burnley
19. Aston Villa
20. West Brom

Top Scorer: Sturridge although he will miss 5 chances for each goal.
Golden Glove: A Chelsea's goalkeeper.
Player of the Year: Fabregas
Flop: Ton Ince(Hull City) or Fraizer Campbell (Palace)

Well indeed a GK is another position we want to fill but it is not the most pressing issue so it might be put on hold. Mignolet was Rodger's third choice signing, Begovic almost happened but his wife didn't want to leave Stoke. I love Reina too NLI but really he was pretty damn awful 2012-13 not the assuring keeper he used to be and yes his wages were just way too high. Mignolet has plenty of time too improve but I am honestly terrified at every set piece because he can't catch at all. He is looking better with the ball at his feet but his distribution is still useless, they pass around the back for 1 minute then he just boots it anyway for a throw-in or for some reason he plays it to Raheem Sterling's head I noticed many times last season. A new keeper is planned to arrive and he will either displace him or if Mignolet chooses to stay then they will compete. Personally I think Mignolet will get better as he grows in confidence with a more solid defense in front of him, another year of experience for a big team, and of course these weak traits can be improved with good coaching whilst he already has world-class shot stopping ability. Apart from that Negredo blunder of course.

In all fairness, Calamity James was one of the greatest nicknames ever, lol.

Am I the only one uncomfortable with seeing Alexis in the mid? I actually have no recollection of him playing there, not in River, not in Udinese, not in Barça, and not in Chile (neither in the u21 squad or the regular one) at least.

Suárez's appeal didn't fully work, but at least he'll be able to train with the other players, meaning he could technically play his first game against Real Madrid.

Also congrats to San Lorenzo for winning their first Libertadores. They didn't have the best performance last night, but they deserved to win and I wanted them to after the team I was following lost in Bolivia. They're now able to go to Morocco and watch Ronaldo, Kroos, James, Benzema, Bale, Modric, etc in first person!! And get their asses handed to them in the meantime.

Edit: Oh and Martino was just now presented as the new Argentina coach. I gotta say, and this isn't a jab at the Spanish media, this is the first time in the past year that I've seen him being actually happy in a press conference. I hope the mood doesn't change in the following ones, since it seems we might actually have a long-term project this time around.

Last edited:
Alexis's position is a mistake, they probably thought they needed to for consistency since Walcott is a mid but in Wenger's formation they are both outright forwards. It's tough to classify attacking mids now, especially in the top sides because everything's becoming more fluid and teams playing with one striker will always have one or two mids who are very far forward in support.

I guess Steve Parish decided having a Director of Football (Moody) was more important in the long run than having a proven PL manager (Pulis). It's horrific for the fans cos they have no say in it whatsoever and they watch a perfect manager for them go!

Another bookie roundup!

Likely deals:
Vidal - Man Utd 1/10
Schneiderlin - Tottenham 1/8
Leroy Fer - QPR 1/6
Daley Blind - Man Utd 1/5
Taarabt - AC Milan 1/5

Uncertain:
James McCarthy - Man Utd 1/3
Draxler - Arsenal 1/2
Falcao - Real Madrid 1/2
Cuadrado - Man Utd 1/2
Fellaini - Napoli 1/2
Di Maria - Man Utd 8/11
Schweinsteiger - Man Utd 8/11
Loic Remy - Newcastle 8/11
Javier Hernandez - Juventus 8/11
Khedira - Arsenal 4/5
Milner - Liverpool 10/11
Carvalho - Arsenal 1/1
Vlaar - Southampton 1/1
Dani Alves - PSG 1/1
Hummels - Barcelona 1/1

Staying put (in no particular order):
Nani, Casillas, Cech, Jackson Martinez, Lavezzi, Ramires, Victor Moses, Mikel, Adebayor, Bony, Crouch, Isco, Troy Deeney, Pedro, Reus, Agger, Pogba, Torres, Kagawa, Balotelli, Benzema, Cavani

Last edited:
James McCarthy?
forget Hummels, they bought a defender already.

most Likely for United atm is Cuadrado, altohugh if we got Vidal and di Maria.... :D

Fucking hell am I excited to see Fabregas playing in the PL again, but he's not under Arsenal when I try to select him :'-( Chelsea could not have signed a more perfect player for their midfield.

I'm also really excited to see the strength of the squad Arsenal has this season. In attack we have Giroud, Ozil, Sanchez, Walcott, Cazorla, Podolski, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Campbell and even Sanogo if he is finally ready. All of them could argue their case to be in the first XI and there will be some very good players waiting to come on from the bench for once. The competition in central midfield is even more intense, there will be no unknowns sitting on the benching like previous seasons, it's just our defence still needs a top centre back.

I think Chelsea have the best XI, City have the strongest squad but Arsenal are not far behind this season. If all of Liverpool's signings fire then they are up there too but that's not guaranteed. Utd look like a mess, they have too many forwards and not enough central mids and defenders... Tottenham have a ridiculously large squad too but they didn't fire last year. If Lamela steps up and Eriksen continues where he left off then they could be up there, but Adebayor and Soldado don't really inspire confidence. It feels like anyone can drop out of the CL this year... D:

we are starting the season with only sturridge and Lambert. Bony, benzema, balotelli for all i care as long as we sign another decent striker!

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Damn these last minute fitness doubts, had to remove Remy, Barkley and consequently, Lambert for Sturridge, Naismith and Snodgrass. Still pretty solid though.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

League Table Predicts: "Worst Case Scenario"
1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Manchester United
4. Arsenal
5. Everton
6. Liverpool
7. Tottenham
8. QPR
9. Stoke
10. Crystal Palace
11. Newcastle
12. Westham
13. Swansea
14. Leicester City
15. Hull
16. Sunderland
17. Southampton
18. Burnley
19. Westbrom
20. Aston Villa

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Code please for the Smogon Fantasy league?

As part of my fantasy prep, I collated three predictions for the final table:

upload_2014-8-16_12-56-14.png

Last edited:
Predictions

Arsenal 3-1 Crystal Palace
Leicester 0-1 Everton
Man Utd 2-1 Swansea
QPR 0-0 Hull
Stoke 3-0 Aston Villa
West Brom 1-1 Sunderland
West Ham 2-3 Tottenham
Newcastle 0-2 M.City
Liverpool 4-1 Southampton
Burnley 0-2 Chelsea

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Can't believe that some United fans actually think that Herrera is better than Fabregas. People believe whatever they need to believe, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)