Pokémon Scrafty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The other Scrafty thread was closed, so why is this one still open? It's not viable in the current metagame.

Wow why is this thing in uu it should be in ou or border line
Because it has too much trouble getting anything in general really done in a Metagame filled with Talonflames and Azumarills and getting smashed in by wallbreakers like Mawile, Gardevoir, Medicham, and Heracross. Not to mention it lacks the offensive presence or bulk to really do anything particularly well in OU?

It isn't viable in OU because it has too many issues. For one, it lacks immediate offensive presence that other fighting-types in OU have. It also must rely on buffing moves to not only fix its speed issues but its attack issues. By the time it buffs itself with Dragon Dance, it's likely KOed before it gets an attack off with Talonflame and Azumarill everywhere, as mentioned. It is also facing competition from other Fighting types such as Terrakion and Conkeldurr, for example, who are better choices in team building. Its base speed also leaves it very vulnerable to getting revenge KOed by faster Pokémon.

tl;dr: Scrafty isn't viable for OU, plain and simple.

I don't see scrafty doing well in OU with Talonflame and Azumarill roaming about. Although it has better Special bulk and dont fear psychic moves compared to conk, but being 4x weak to fairies... Its just like scrafty is having a bad day this gen.

Scrafty isn't gonna be a OU material anytime soon I'm afraid. Birdspam and fairies have field days with the guy and Scrafty is literally helpless to do anything against it.

I love this guy

SwagKing@Lum Berry
Trait:Moxie
EV's:252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Def
Adamant nature
-Dragon Dance
-Ice Punch
-Drain Punch
-Knock Off

This guys attack is immaculate but while setting up DD its can be diffcult and moxie works great and DP the HP restorer IP for Flying Types KO STAB and item knocking-off

Isn't He in OU didn't realise ..Well Scrafty is really good ..If he isn't why isn't this deleted?
Because the mods haven't gotten to it yet, but this thread will be locked eventually. There was already a thread for Scrafty and it was deleted because it has absolutely no niche in OU. As a Dragon Dancer, he's outclassed by Salamence, and Salamence is barely viable in OU as it is. Its typing and lack of reliable recovery also make defensive sets nigh impossible.

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Hii,
one of my best sweeper for me in OU tier the scrafty has been great Sweeper i use this set wch is one of the best set for me its:

Scrafty Focus sash
Moxie
Jolly
EVs:+252 spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Dragon dance
High Jump Kick
Ice Punch
Knock Off

Starting with it helps to a early sweep time but i think it can start sweeping after opp set the harzard and our teams defogger defogs the harzard then its time to switch it starting when our opp pokemon is weak to fighting or dark wch help to do dragon dance once then doing x2 spe and x2 att help to sweep the late sweeper.

Hii,
one of my best sweeper for me in OU tier the scrafty has been great Sweeper i use this set wch is one of the best set for me its:

Scrafty Focus sash
Moxie
Jolly
EVs:+252 spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Dragon dance
High Jump Kick
Ice Punch
Knock Off

Starting with it helps to a early sweep time but i think it can start sweeping after opp set the harzard and our teams defogger defogs the harzard then its time to switch it starting when our opp pokemon is weak to fighting or dark wch help to do dragon dance once then doing x2 spe and x2 att help to sweep the late sweeper.
Lol i do exactly the same its just the item i use Lum berry and insted of high jump kick i use drain punch.

Reactions: pj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)