move3:Parting Shot
move4:Poison Jab/Earthquake
ability:Mold Breaker
item:Choice Scarf
evs:4HP/252ATK/252SPE
nature:Adamant/Jolly

Moves
========

-Storm Throw because good base power and you don't want to lower stats with Hammer Arm
-Crunch because good dark type STAB
-Parting Shot to switch out while lowering opponent stats, and to gain momentum
-Earthquake to hit pokemon with levitate such as weezing

Set Details
========

-Mold breaker to hit levitating pokemon
-EV spread to get maximum speed and attacking power
-Choice Scarf to make it outspeed lots of offensive pokemon
-Jolly with Choice Scarf can outspeed base 110 speed pokemonsuch as archeops
-Poison Jab kills slurpuff that hopes to come in and set up

Usage Tips
=======

-Don't let pangoro get hit by fairy type attacks because of the 4x weakness
-Use to gain momentum with parting shot and also can be a late game sweeper

Team Options
=======

-Use with heal beller as it gets crippled by status
-Also use with set-up sweepers because parting shot can lower attacking stats in order to make it easier for teammates
-Volt switch/U-turn user to help with more momentum
-Fairy resist
-Garbodor resists fairy, and fighting which is a good teammate

Choice Band
#######
name:Panda Friend
move1:Hammer Arm/Storm Throw
move2:Crunch
move3:Parting Shot
move4:Poison Jab/Taunt
ability:Scrappy/Iron Fist
item:Choice Band/Fist plate
evs:236HP/252ATK/20SPD
nature:Adamant

Moves
=======

-Hammer Arm has extra power and can easily OHKO defensive spritomb
-Crunch for dark STAB
-Parting Shot for switch advantage and can lower enemy attack stats
-Last move slot for coverage

Set Details
=======

-Scrappy for hitting ghost types mainly spiritomb
-Hammer Arm for extra power (u don't need the speed)
-Choice Band for tonnes of power
-Iron Fist boosts hammer arm to OHKO feraligatr and specially defensive seismitoad after rocks

Usage Tips
=======

-Don't let pangoro get hit by fairy type attacks because of the 4x weakness
-Use to gain momentum with parting shot and also can be a late game sweeper
-very effective with trick room if you don't run any speed

Team Options
=======

-Use with heal beller as it gets crippled by status
-Also use with set-up sweepers because parting shot can lower attacking stats in order to make it easier for teammates
-Volt switch/U-turn user to help with more momentum
-Fairy resist
-Garbodor for a fighting and fairy resist

Other Options
#######

-Stone Edge for another strong move
-If you don't want to be locked in you can use life orb also
-Roseli berry to take fairy hits with swords dance 3 attacks to break walls
-Rest talk with bulk up and a fighting STAB can be used if u want a bulkier, set up approach
-Fist Plate with taunt to stop will o wisp and then you can switch with parting shot
Checks and Counters
#######

-Most fairy type pokemon such as togetic, slurpuff, granbull
-If running Mold Breaker then spiritomb
-Rotom-fan walls pangoro if used without a rock move

Last edited:

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
I would remove Stonedge and Rockslide from the banded set, as crunch hits all flying types super fucking hard anyway if you're banded. Poison jab deserves the first slash as it allows you to 2hko Granbull, and EQ doesn't cover much in specific that your first 3 moves don't obliterate. Also, potentially slash Storm Throw over Hammer Arm.

Mention an SD set in OO, maybe as it's own set? It can wall break pretty effectively with it's coverage. Also Roseli Berry can be mentioned in OO for an SD set.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
facade, dclaw, rock slide, and x scissor should be taken out of oo since theyre useless. take the fairy resist berry out as well since it's still hit hard and its not very bulky and cant do much back outside of poison jab

idk if the spdef bulk up set is good enough to deserve something outside of oo, it seems to slow paced to do work in a metagame with so many strong fighting types

your description of the fairy resist berry is misleading. it should only be used on a swords dance set (sd 3 attacks with poison jab to actually hurt fairies to be specific)

jolly first on scarf set

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Agreeing with the above, I'm also rejecting BU unless you can come up with a really convincing argument.

I think a set with Fist Plate should also be added or at least mentioned. I pretty much always use it over CB because CB is so prediction reliant; with Fist Plate you can bluff a Choiced set and still be able to Parting Shot out even after attacking. Parting Shot | Storm Throw | Crunch | Taunt was my preferred set since you can Taunt stuff like Weezing trying to use WoW then PShot out into something. LO is probably usable on it too.

The only relevant Pokemon Mold Breaker EQ hits, that Pangoro wouldn't be able to hurt otherwise is Weezing, so I would mention that over Rotom and Haunter.

Jolly should be used on the Choice Scarf because it then outspeeds Pokemon with up 110 base speed, notably Pokemon like Archeops.

You should mention Poison Jab is useful because Pangoro lures in Slurpuff, who might want to use Pangoro as setup bait. Otherwise, CS Pangoro's Poison Jab does nothing against defensive Granbull. On Choice Band however it can potentially 2HKO after SR, and is a guaranteed 2HKO after SR and a layer of Spikes.

Teammates that setup hazards are helpful because Pangoro forces switches easily. Garbodor is a good one as it resists fighting and can hit fairy-types hard.

Kushalos

ÜN ÜN ÜN
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
OUPL Champion
Slash Iron Fist on the CB set, the added power to Hammer arm gets a lot more OHKOs like spdef Seismitoad after SR and Feraligatr. just to name a few

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Fist Plate slashed after CB, as like Dat Blast said makes you less prediction reliant and you can bluff a choice set. Also under CB mention in team options trick room setters as Pangoro is a monster under troom. Expand usage tips out from something obvious like don't get hit by fairy and use parting shot for momentum. Explain what likes to carry fairy coverage, stuff like Mesprit which most people would assume oh let's just kill it with crunch and then get bopped by a Dazzling Gleam, add in a couple more tips lets see what you can come up with. This also needs to be changed under Choice Scarf, these two sets play differently, make sure to let people know the difference.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You need to put spaces between text and slashes on the sets, and the capitalization of the stats need to be as follows:

HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe (not Spd...)

Also, make sure to slash Iron Fist on the first set just in case they're using Poison Jab.

For the band set, may I suggest a spread of 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe to get the jump on 0 speed Weezing and Parting Shot out.

I'm agreeing with Montsegur and Dat Blast that Fist Plate should be an item on that set, and I feel that Taunt should probably be slashed with Poison Jab, while EQ is removed entirely as it just plain sucks without Mold Breaker.

Last edited:

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Swords Dance in OO.

Also, your formatting's a bit off. Refer to other analyses (preferably QCed ones or ones from badged memebers) to get a good idea on what we expect analyses to look like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)