ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there will be a horde battle trainer class like with double battles? It would be a waste if grunts were the only trainers that did horde battles.

I wonder if there will be a horde battle trainer class like with double battles? It would be a waste if grunts were the only trainers that did horde battles.
I think it's because there are like 5 Grunts to cause the horde trainer battle.

Am I the only one looking forward to trick houses again? Used to love the hell out of it. Was dissapointed when they scrapped in the sucessor games, was a fun little minigames.

Also do you guys think mega shiftry is likely? I just love that design! grass/dark is an unusual typing, so it stands out imo.

Am I the only one looking forward to trick houses again? Used to love the hell out of it. Was dissapointed when they scrapped in the sucessor games, was a fun little minigames.

Also do you guys think mega shiftry is likely? I just love that design! grass/dark is an unusual typing, so it stands out imo.
Finally someone else talks about it. The trick house was one of the nicest part of RS, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how they'll going to do it with 3D visuals.

Audino is getting some updates to correspond with her MEvo. At the very least, Misty Terrain is a move she didn't have in XY.

Audino is getting some updates to correspond with her MEvo. At the very least, Misty Terrain is a move she didn't have in XY.
When megas take the base pokemon in a whole new direction, it's a good assumption to make that their movepools will reflect that new direction (e.g. Blastoise, Lopunny, Heracross, etc). I wouldn't be surprised if Game Freak gave it more fairy moves.

Yay 100th comment!

One thing I don't think anyone has mentioned RE: Mega Slowbro is that it may potentially be the best Blaziken (possibly Mega Blaziken as well) check in the game. It's typing gives it an enormous advantage over Blaziken & if there's a trainer with Mega Slowbro in game, might not be so easy to just spam Blaziken's STABS and beat the game.

Also, I don't care what anyone says. That design is awesome. Slowbro is not supposed to look tough or cool. It's supposed to look a bit goofy, cute, and a little unnerving which the mega still is. I think it might be my favorite ORAS mevo.

One thing I don't think anyone has mentioned RE: Mega Slowbro is that it may potentially be the best Blaziken (possibly Mega Blaziken as well) check in the game. It's typing gives it an enormous advantage over Blaziken & if there's a trainer with Mega Slowbro in game, might not be so easy to just spam Blaziken's STABS and beat the game.

Also, I don't care what anyone says. That design is awesome. Slowbro is not supposed to look tough or cool. It's supposed to look a bit goofy, cute, and a little unnerving which the mega still is. I think it might be my favorite ORAS mevo.
In-game, it's unlikely any trainer will have a Mega Slowbro until well into the postgame (if at all).

Last edited by a moderator:
When megas take the base pokemon in a whole new direction, it's a good assumption to make that their movepools will reflect that new direction (e.g. Blastoise, Lopunny, Heracross, etc). I wouldn't be surprised if Game Freak gave it more fairy moves.

Yay 100th comment!
Yeah.
Kind of the reaction I was expecting. Really though, since Audino has already had a movepool geared toward group battles (doubles & triples), it's reassuring to see that they're looking to add every plausible strategy onto her and other Pokemon who've gained MEvoes that change their usual fighting style.
-sigh- Hi-Jump Kick Lopunny...so much fun...

In-game, it's unlikely any trainer will have a Mega Slowbro until well into the postgame (if at all). Competitively, Blaziken can simply pass its speed and potential attack boosts onto something else with BP.
On the other hand there's a really high chance that if you like grass starters there will be a trainer that you fight many times who could possibly be packing a Mega Blazekin during the story. I could understand why they wouldn't let your rival have their mega during the playthrough, but I also don't see it as impossible. And if Slowbronite is available pre-championship it could be worth it just to stick it to your rival XD (who's not gonna be baton passing or doing any of this other stuff that's getting dangerously close to competitive discussion... not that I'm one to talk....)... that's a lot of Ifs though, lol

Not really. The bottom of this page confirms that the Slowpoke family need to be traded from XY.
I don't know if that's a direct confirmation, maybe they just don't want to give it away yet.

One last thing addressing complaints about Mega Slowbro's design -- it is the hermit crab pokemon in the Pokedex. Given the trend of Pokedex entries influencing the mega evos, it makes a lot of sense for Slowbro's shell to encompass most of its body & to have the ability shell armor.

I don't know if that's a direct confirmation, maybe they just don't want to give it away yet.
Then they wouldn't say anything. And I don't see why they wouldn't confirm adding new lines to the Pokédex at this point when it was one of the first things revealed about B2W2.

The pokemon I want to get a mega the most is Masquerain,

Its so Beautiful , lol
Also, it would be so cool with a Fairy + Bug Typing.

The Mega evolving animation looks really good on Mega Slowbro, It's incredible how it takes the Dragon Claw damage.

Edit: I saw the actual movepool and it could use an apparently gimmick with Withdraw+calm mind+rest with an offensive move. It wouldn't fear status, stat boosters and It could destroy everything with power without fear of getting a critcal hit.

Last edited:
Not really. The bottom of this page confirms that the Slowpoke family need to be traded from XY.
I don't know if that's a confirmation or not. It looks like it's targeted at kids for some sort of national health/fitness day on October tenth, telling how they can catch a Slowpoke of their own, and how to evolve it, what it's and Slowbro and Slowking's best stats are, and then once ORAS comes out on November twenty-second, they can send it there.

Actually, looking over it again, it looks like it's meant to tell kids to go out and get a Slowpoke, and then train it, train it, train it! until it evolves, and exercise just like that 'slowpoke'!
Then, a month later, when the new games come out, you can play with your exercise buddy on them, too! It focuses a lot on training them in specific stats with super training as well, which is pretty indicative of exercise.

The question is, why would they come out now, and exclusively state that no, this specific pokemon will not be in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, and you must trade if from X or Y.

What was the fire move? Fire blast ?
Do you guys think mega slowking is going to be a thing ?
It was Fire Blast. The kanji for big, 大, has always been tied to Fire Blast's appearance. About MegaKing, I do think that it will exist eventually, but I don't really think that it will be released for ORAS, at least if Gardevoir was any indication. If Gallade is released here, then I could see Slowking existing in Z, but otherwise...

Dat eviolite Slowpoke tho. New Meta

They officially revealed Mega Slowbro during the opening ceremony of the Championships this morning.

Also nice to see that other moves are getting updated animations.
That Charizard Dragon Claw. Bloody... bloody hilarious.
Still, nice to see Fire Blast getting a new animation... INB4 this brings back up the argument about whether Primal Groudon/Kyogre were using new moves or old moves with new animations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)