XY NU Balanced Offense - NU RMT

Hello Smogon! :] This is my first RMT. Im new in the tier of NU. Coments and rates will be really appreciated. I hope you help me with my team . Well, lets start with the team:

First Look

Teambuilding Process:

In the Depth:

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Here is the star of the show. I like Zangoose because is a great physical sweeper. Facade to hit hard. Quick Attack for priority. Knock Off to hit ghost types, like Mismagius, Haunter and the annoying Spiritomb. When the Toxic Orb was activated nothing switches in on this anymore except Spiritomb and very bulky Rock and Steel types. And with a Sword Dance boost, sometimes, destroy a entire team. Replaced Swords Dance with Close Combat and ajusted EV Spread suggested by Soulgazer and Brawlfest.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earth Power

Seismitoad is my tank. Seismitoad checks a lot of things like Archeops and Rotom Frost. This Seismitoad is very standard. Stealth Rock for hazard coverage. Scald and Earth Power are my attacks. And Toxic for more coverage. Well, no much to say. Its a standard Seismitoad. EV Spread suggested by Brawlfest.

Mesprit @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam

Audino is like the Blissey of NU. Audino is my cleric and special wall. This thing takes neutral damage from every special attack (except Focus Blast). This allows Audino to switch in, and use Wish or Heal Bell. This thing support Zangoose with Wish and Heal Bell. Regenerator makes him more usable. Replaced Audino with Mespirit. Set suggested by Brawlfest.

Vileplume @ Leftovers
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder

Vileplume is my other physical wall. It takes Physical attacks very good and can heal itself with Synthesis. Effect Spore is a nice ability to take Knock off. Sleep Powder is for put to sleep any no plant-type mon. Sludge Bomb and Giga Drain are my STAB attacks.

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Rotom-Frost is my cleaner. No much to say. Blizzard and Thunderbolt are for STAB. Volt Switch to Hit-And-Run. Trick is for things like Audino,Seismitoad and another. EV Spread suggested by Soulgazer.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

At end, I decided to put Hariyama because is a bulky attacker. Hariyama is a bulky mon and hits hard. The moveset is pretty simple. Close Combat to hit hard with STAB. Bullet Punch for priority. Knock Off for ghosts and Ice Punch for coverage. Replaced EQ with Ice Punch. Suggested by Brawlfest.

Conclusion

Let me know what you think about this team. Sorry if my english is bad. I'm not a native speaker. Feel free to use this team.

Importable

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earth Power

Mesprit @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam

Vileplume @ Leftovers
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey Scrap Dragon, cool team!

I feel like you rely on Vileplume to switch into Fighting-types too much, which when paired with 4 Pokemon OHKOed by Sawk isn't really enough to check it lol. I also think Audino just doesn't fit with your team and just makes you lose momentum, so I am going to suggest trying out Mesprit over Audino:

Mesprit @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam

Perfect coverage and a fantastic wallbreaker, especially when paired with Zangoose. Speaking of Zangoose, I am going to suggest you to run Close Combat over Swords Dance: Zangoose needs Close Combat to break Rhydon, Ferroseed, and other things that resist Facade. If you really need to keep Swords Dance, you should drop Quick Attack instead. I don't think you will need Swords Dance if you try out Mesprit though.

You should also change Rotom-F's EV spread to 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe as it will let you switch Rotom-F into Stealth Rock 4 times without Rotom dying to SR. (And you were missing 4 EVs in SpA)

Hope I helped!

Hey dude nice team you have here. I'm going to agree with the Rotom-F EV adjustment and the Close Combat over Swords Dance on Zangoose change that Soulgazer suggested. Whilst I do think the Mesprit change is a good one I'm going to offer you another option over Audino that I also think could benefit your team. Calm Mind Slurpuff seems like a great fit for your team, it can provide you a secondary check to annoying Fighting types in the tier such as Gurdurr and Sawk while also giving your team a clear win condition which it seems to me that your team lacks at the moment. Slurpuff also fits the team style imo and has decent defense for an offensive Pokemon. Last slot is between either Psychic or Surf, Psychic lets you beat things like Weezing and other Poison types and Surf lets you get past most Fire types in the tier with ease.

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower
- Psychic / Surf

I hope I was able to help.

A couple of things outside of what New Breed and Soulgazer stated. I personally advise going with Soulgazer 's suggestion of Mesprit over Audino, except with Healing Wish over Energy Ball, as it can give some of your pokemon such as Zangoose especially a new lease on life, which can be incredible potentially if you need to sweep again, as you can potentially win by passing off a healing wish. This set I feel fits far better on your team, and has incredible synergy with Zangoose especially.

Outside of that, I would like to reccomend only minor changes:
Zangoose: 4 Def > 4 HP, as you will be able to get more hits with Toxic Orb due to minimized residual damage, and Close Combat > Swords Dance to help punch through Rock and Steel types that otherwise wall you.
Seismitoad: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SDef is the best possible EV Spread, as it lets you live random shit like a Dragalge Draco and yet you lose very little to no physical bulk. I can give you more examples if you would like, but regardless, it makes you a little better at living some hits.
Rotom Frost: I have no clue why you are missing 4 EVs, but remove the HP EVs so you can switch into Rocks more easily and do 252 SAtk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Hariyama: Earthquake actually doesn't help you much, but I reccomend using Ice Punch > Earthquake as it helps to beat flying types as well as opposing Vileplume.

Hope this helped!

Mesprit @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)