ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think it's important to remember that the story is meant to be beatable by 10 year olds, so I doubt they change the EXP Share mechanics or anything like that. If you want a real challenge, you'll have to look at post game stuff probably, which is why I'm dying for a battle frontier remake. If you want to make the story hard, it won't be too difficult as you can avoid using traded pokes, turn off the EXP share, and not use blatantly OP pokes like Mega Blaziken. Those moves alone will probably make it fair without ruining the experience like some challenges do for some people. I don't think difficulty will be a huge issue.
The EXP Share as it is in XY would screw with ORAS' level curve if it was the same as RSE. You were just hitting the 30s by the time you got in Norman in RSE while in XY you were probably in the 40s with Clemont. I hope for the sake of the game they either bump the level curve up or make it so the EXP Share won't have its Game Breaker effect until the post-game.

Oh, they're definitely changing the curve. It happened with HGSS and the level inflation has been ridiculous since then. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Steven's team is closer to his Emerald team levelwise than his RS team.

Last edited:
I never got people complaining about "XY is too easy". I didn't touch the torchic I received, nor used the Exp Share. The game was pretty challenging.
Fun memories of Clemont outleveling me by like 3-5 levels
I turned it on for the swamp to ensure my guys were at least evolved and that put me about on par

In my group of friends I was the only one who were roughly even in level +/- 1 or 2 with every trainer in the back half of the game

I have some questions:
Have any move tutors been confirmed?

Also, have any mega stones that were in X/Y been confirmed to be in ORAS (excluding Blazikenite, although that didn't really count in the first place)? We've seen Charizard X in several trailers, but that hasn't been confirmed (as far as I know.)

I have some questions:
Have any move tutors been confirmed?
No. But since this is the second installment of games in one generation, it's likely to follow the same pattern as with the last three gens. That's why everyone talks about move tutors so casually/confidently.

Also, have any mega stones that were in X/Y been confirmed to be in ORAS (excluding Blazikenite, although that didn't really count in the first place)? We've seen Charizard X in several trailers, but that hasn't been confirmed (as far as I know.)
Also, no. There's been no word on whether or not any previously attainable Mega Stones will become available in ORAS by any means other than trading.

Or they could let people use Exp. Share as this game's easy mode and not change the curve. Pls GF
Snowballing off of this. They could always go waaay left field and make an Exp Share that works like it did in gens 2-5, and then have an Exp All that works like the gen6 Exp Share as a key item.

Last edited:
I see no reason to think that we aren't getting the bulk of XY megastones available normally.

Only 9 were available in the main story of XY, so there's a not insignificant chance that some people just never experienced the bulk of them.
Furthermore, all of the third gen megas (bar Blaziken for obvious reasons) were post-game. Not having those at minimum would be crazy town

And then looking at the first & second gen megas, we have Alakazam, Gyarados, Pinsir & Heracross. Again, perfect for putting in the main game now.

I never got people complaining about "XY is too easy". I didn't touch the torchic I received, nor used the Exp Share. The game was pretty challenging.
I didn't use the EXP share or the torchic I received and breezed through the game in about a day, relying almost entirely on a Hawlucha I caught in the wild. Every Pokemon game has been possible to solo with a single Pokemon - the only real challenge comes if you're trying to build an even team or specifically gimp yourself.

Along R_N 's train of thought, which megas are likely to be available pre-postgame? Metagross is already confirmed, and the starters might as well be, but which make sense before becoming champ? I'm hoping for Salamence because I always build my team around the psuedo for that gen (except RSE and B2W2 where only Salamence and Metagross were available during the story respectively), but there's plenty that make sense. I'm betting Altaria through contests and a couple derp mons like banette, but we'll see I guess

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
For those worried about the Exp. Share:

Just don't pick it up.

Assuming that part of the story doesn't change, receiving it from Mr. Stone after giving Steven the letter is optional.

Then again, if they change the story and force it up to you like Pansy did after beating her sister, well then you're out of luck.

For those worried about the Exp. Share:

Just don't pick it up.

Assuming that part of the story doesn't change, receiving it from Mr. Stone after giving Steven the letter is optional.

Then again, if they change the story and force it up to you like Pansy did after beating her sister, well then you're out of luck.
An even easier thing to do

Turn it off.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Along R_N 's train of thought, which megas are likely to be available pre-postgame? Metagross is already confirmed, and the starters might as well be, but which make sense before becoming champ? I'm hoping for Salamence because I always build my team around the psuedo for that gen (except RSE and B2W2 where only Salamence and Metagross were available during the story respectively), but there's plenty that make sense. I'm betting Altaria through contests and a couple derp mons like banette, but we'll see I guess
Here's what I think. I know the starter megas will be available prepost because I'm psychic and know this for sure. (Mock me if I'm wrong about that.) Megameta will be available prepost from the Shiny Beldum event, (Duh) but If you don't get the event one, I believe the Beldum Steven gives you postgameyou will be holding the MegaMeta Stone. (For those who don't know, or don't remember, Steven left you a Beldum in his house post game in the originals.) I also believe that Altaria's megastone will be a gift from the new contest lady who's name I can't remember and I'm thinking it's prepost because It's be lame to brag about all the new megas and have them all postgame. Sableye and Mawile seems like good choices for version exclusive megas along with Pinsir and Heracross. Salamence seems like it would be a postgame mega because, unless something changes, you can only get Bagon after you get all the badges. I'm not sure about the rest of Hoenn's megas, but the nonHoenn megas will be post game only. Psychic powers allowed me to see that last one as well.
An even easier thing to do

Turn it off.
I think it starts off, so to turn it off you'd have to do the thing that makes it a problem, turning it on. :P

Mega-Audino terrifies me. Please keep that thing from me. I don't mean in an ugly way (even if it kinda is), but those red sad eyes, that angelic look, it looks like it wants to approach me in my sleep with a butcher's knife in hand, and whisper into my ear "Everything is going to be fine, sweetie" in a faux-reassuring way.
I'm required by law to make this reference:

There are downsides to be an expert in yandereology.
Well, Metagross is confirmed if you do the event. I would be shocked if we don't get the Mega Stones for the starters prior to approx. when we fully evolve (maybe before Norman?). I'm skeptical about getting Mega Salamence pre-Elite Four since you couldn't get either Tyranitarite or Garchompite until the post-game. Altaria does make sense and I have a feeling some of the pre-existing stones for some Gen III Pokémon might appear earlier, such as Absol and Gardenvoir. I would like a few of the post-game stones from X and Y appear in the regular story for ORAS.

Last edited:
And fun. Alternatively you get one megastone if you beat the higuest rank of each contest (Gardevoirite for Smart, Mawilite for Though, Altarite for Beauty, etc...).
It doesn't really make much sense, though - if someone doesn't like contests but wants to power up their favourite Pokémon or play competitively, they shouldn't be forced to go through something completely unrelated to battles in order to get it, which I think Game Freak will recognize.

It doesn't really make much sense, though - if someone doesn't like contests but wants to power up their favourite Pokémon or play competitively, they shouldn't be forced to go through something completely unrelated to battles in order to get it, which I think Game Freak will recognize.
Tell that to all the items (some of them necessary for pokemon evolution) obtained from the battle tower.

Honestly, having the stones be available as contest prizes would be a great way to promote the contest sidequest, in addition to the ribbons and Lilycove museum statues.

I don't understand why people complain about the exp share tbh.
I think it's a really neat addition to X Y. Besides, you can just not use it if you don't like it.

I love it, less grinding more actual experience.

I hope it stays for ORAS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell that to all the items (some of them necessary for pokemon evolution) obtained from the battle tower.

Honestly, having the stones be available as contest prizes would be a great way to promote the contest sidequest, in addition to the ribbons and Lilycove museum statues.
Kurona did say "unrelated to battles".

Kurona did say "unrelated to battles".
Yeah, getting them that way makes sense - you want to do better at battles? Earn that by battling. That makes sense and is a self-serving purpose, annoying as it may be.
So it doesn't make sense to me that a primarily battle-focused mechanic should be the prize of what is essentially a side mini-game.

I'm expecting the starter stones to be given by Norman/Wally/Scott/Brendan after you defeat Norman. You know, as a special prize after defeating two Slaking and/or a Slaking and a bastard Spinda.
or steven will give it to you after you get the mega bangle

oh what starter did you say you have again?
[x]?
please, take this [x]ite

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
or steven will give it to you after you get the mega bangle

oh what starter did you say you have again?
[x]?
please, take this [x]ite
That's possible too, but I'd rather we couldn't Mega Evolve anything before Norman's Slaking shenanigans. Now, if Game Freak shares my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)