Ladder Balanced Hackmons

I've started using Giratina instead of Aegislash. One thing I've noticed is that Contrary MMX is really good in the current meta. I know it seems like a noob set, but I've done quite a bit of damage with it.

So I saw Peef Rimgar 's Aegiblade Speed Boost set in the Creative Sets thread, and my mind immediately jumped to Mega Heracross. I've been testing this guy all day and I've gotta say, he works surprisingly well. Behold:

Heracross-Mega @ Fist Plate
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Bolt Strike / Coverage
- Knock Off
- Spiky Shield

So I saw Peef Rimgar 's Aegiblade Speed Boost set in the Creative Sets thread, and my mind immediately jumped to Mega Heracross. I've been testing this guy all day and I've gotta say, he works surprisingly well. Behold:

Heracross-Mega @ Fist Plate
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Bolt Strike / Coverage
- Knock Off
- Spiky Shield
The main problem with this is why would you use Mega Heracross over Mega Mewtwo-X? Mega Mewtwo-X doesn't need Speed Boost or anything, and boasts superior bulk and attack.

I recently started running contrary ho-oh instead of contrary palkia to mitigate a fairy weakness I seemed to have (The same weakness that led me to use tentacruel over kyogre), and it does not disappoint.

Ho-Oh @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
248 HP to help switching into SR, not sure if it's worth it or not though, as recover can heal back to full anyways.
It did wonders (With groudon assistance) in this fight.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-150003774
Fighting him before helped, knowing what the ferrothorn would do.

I recently started running contrary ho-oh instead of contrary palkia to mitigate a fairy weakness I seemed to have (The same weakness that led me to use tentacruel over kyogre), and it does not disappoint.

Ho-Oh @ Safety Goggles
Serious Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
248 HP to help switching into SR, not sure if it's worth it or not though, as recover can heal back to full anyways.
The set looks fine as far as Contrary sets go, but I have to say the same things I always do:

1) You can't deal with Imposters (unless you have a wall for it on the team. You actually sort of do in this case with Groudon, but you have to be careful that Chansey hasn't boosted up enough to KO you on the switch.)
2) You can't deal with Shedinja (not a terrible issue in this particular case, but still something you should be concerned about)
3) You can't deal with Flash Fire steels.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine

Ho-Oh @ Safety Goggles
Serious Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
Building up on Uselesscrab's point, you can capitalize on this thing's weakness. I would replace Recover for Magma Storm for Shed and Draco Meteor for Overheat and run a Flash Fire Aegislash, since said Pokemon hard-walls this set, even with Superpower. Running defog (if you don't already) on a magic bouncer would mitigate stealth rocks to an extent. An alternate option is to replace Superpower with a way to deal with FF Steels better and keep Recover and run Sturdinja over FF Aegislash. If you do so, you absolutely need Defog support from another Pokemon.

Building up on Uselesscrab's point, you can capitalize on this thing's weakness. I would replace Recover for Magma Storm for Shed and Draco Meteor for Overheat and run a Flash Fire Aegislash, since said Pokemon hard-walls this set, even with Superpower. Running defog (if you don't already) on a magic bouncer would mitigate stealth rocks to an extent. An alternate option is to replace Superpower with a way to deal with FF Steels better and keep Recover and run Sturdinja over FF Aegislash. If you do so, you absolutely need Defog support from another Pokemon.
I actually already have a wall (2 if you count groudon) against it on the team, plus if chansey switches in on v create, i outspeed it. I have magic bounce as well and other ways to deal with shedinja. The only steels I can't really beat are FF Aegislash, as other thing are still hit at least neutrally with superpower. Also, your idea gives me 3 fire moves, which seems like a lot, especially when one is only used to counter one particular pokemon that my opponent may or may not have. In regards to making it more imposter proof, I could run spore, as they can't hit me with it due to safety goggles.

Also, I built another team, and Illusion gengar with gengarite disguised as shedinja is now my new favorite lead.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-151716983

Last edited:

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
BIG NEWS EVERYONE!
LITERALLY METAGAME REDEFINING!
ALSO I AM NOT FIELDING COMPLAINTS ON THIS IN PM SO POST YOUR THOUGHTS HERE!

In XY, you cannot battle other trainers with Pokemon that bypass the 510 EV Limit. This change is being implemented but shouldn't be live on the server until it restarts. Feel free to discuss the results of such a major discovery.

Last edited:

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
WRT policy,

I talked with the development team on this and, as is, the answer is concrete.

This change was made as a result of new information affecting XY mechanics as a whole, and was not specifically aimed at BH. A post was made he because tangentially it is affected. This was a mechanics issue for the entire site and not just BH.

BIG NEWS EVERYONE!
LITERALLY METAGAME REDEFINING!
ALSO I AM NOT FIELDING COMPLAINTS ON THIS IN PM SO POST YOUR THOUGHTS HERE!

In XY, you cannot battle other trainers with Pokemon that bypass the 510 EV Limit. This change is being implemented but shouldn't be live on the server until it restarts. Feel free to discuss the results of such a major discovery.
A question: Will this change be implemented before or after the Other Metagames Premier League is over?

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
To piccolo.psim.us!

I think that this is the best way to resolve the issue wrt OMPL, but I'd like to ask everyone to adapt to the changes after the fact. As I've said before, one of the greatest threats to BH is splitting the population (hence why there's no official doubles/uu), and infighting over whether or not to jump servers to hold onto the current metagame could ultimately be very bad.

I get that this is slightly easier to say as someone who hasn't put as much time into the ladder as others, but I speak from my heart when I say that this kind of thing happens, and that the best way to deal with it is as a community, not factions.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
yes, it applies to all 6th generation games.

5th generation games (if we ever get the activity to sustain a split I would prefer for the second metagame to be gen 5 BH) will still work the old way since this was doable in 5th generation games.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)