Official Smogon Fantasy Football PLAYOFF Thread (2014-15 Edition)

Also, don't bother with Moore. I'd drop him and try to find a running back like Carlos Hyde or Brice Brown. Your current WRs are great and you'll never start Moore, and there's also the fact that he's not even a starter... If you're gonna go Raiders offense (inadvisable :( unfortunately) I'd go with Rod Streater or Andre Holmes as a WR4 or try to get MJD or McFadden as an RB3.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also, don't bother with Moore. I'd drop him and try to find a running back like Carlos Hyde or Brice Brown. Your current WRs are great and you'll never start Moore, and there's also the fact that he's not even a starter... If you're gonna go Raiders offense (inadvisable :( unfortunately) I'd go with Rod Streater or Andre Holmes as a WR4 or try to get MJD or McFadden as an RB3.
Current available top RBs remaining on the waiver wire are Chris Polk, Legarrete Blount, Bryce Bown (had him last year, was shit, he'll do better?), Lance Dunbar, Andre Brown, and then a bunch of lower tier guys.

WaterBomb I'm in agreement with what kd24 said about Johnson especially in PPR where the WRs production will be even greater. Wasn't overly enthused about picking Martin but he's had a lot of time to recover so he should put together a solid season and frankly, he was the best available player at the draft slot I took him in.

Well Blount will probably get a low amount of work behind Bell, but B Brown is the third option for the Bills. These Bills lean on a pretty heavy run game and out of their two top backs, one is injury prone and the other is in danger of falling off an age cliff any time now. Dunbar is just a likely Murray injury away from decent playing time, and the same can be said for A Brown with Arian Foster.
I'd take any of those dudes over D Moore/B Green-Ellis/J Stewart but that's just me.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well Blount will probably get a low amount of work behind Bell, but B Brown is the third option for the Bills. These Bills lean on a pretty heavy run game and out of their two top backs, one is injury prone and the other is in danger of falling off an age cliff any time now. Dunbar is just a likely Murray injury away from decent playing time, and the same can be said for A Brown with Arian Foster.
I'd take any of those dudes over D Moore/B Green-Ellis/J Stewart but that's just me.
Works for me, I took Brown and Brown because I feel Foster is a higher injury risk than Murray.

I was having a pain in the ass of a time filling out the ass-end of my roster because my computer blue screen of deathed after the 8th round and I had to quickly download the yahoo app to finish the draft :/

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

chris has consistently been a top 10 fantasy back (last season he was the 9th best rb in fantasy). he had one bad season in 2011 where he was only the 16th best but theres nothing wrong with him. he's the projected starter so really its just an issue of do you trust him in the jets offense. i actually think he'll be okay there, (the jets were 6th last season in rushing offense), since they don't really have many options with passing the ball.

players like chris don't feel like top 10 to us because us fantasy players haven't truly adjusted to how undervalued wide receivers are these days. imo your team is fine, you're taking the risk that martin is going to come back strong from injury. if he doesn't, you'll be sunk, but you're never going to get good value as a runningback because your wide receivers will be worth more than the ones people are willing to trade.
I think what bugs me about CJ0K in fantasy is that he's so ridiculously boom or bust. He'll put up 24 points one week and then 3 the next week, and that's a huge turnoff for me personally. Some people like to play those home run hitters, but I value consistency far more than high ceiling, low floor guys. His end-of-season stats might put him in the top 10, but that doesn't mean he's a good back to have on your roster.

You're right about the WRs though, and also that he'll probably see more work in the passing game in the Jets offense due to lack of options. We shall see, anyway.

I had CJ last year and he was scoring like 2-8 points for four or five weeks but started scoring once I dropped him. He does sound better this year but he could just be scheming against us to get himself drafted earlier?

i'm excited about this crop of rookie running backs. carlos hyde should get plenty of touches in the run-heavy 49ers, and if gore goes down (every year we say the same thing, never actually happens) then hyde will be a standout. same case for jeremy hill, I believe hue jackson will incorporate a very run-heavy approach to his offense meaning added value for both gio bernard + hill. i'm not completely sold on bishop sankey, I feel like shonn greene will take most of the goal line opportunities and dexter mccluster will have more impact as a receiving back, but I really do hope he secures his role as a 3 down back by the end of the preseason. terrence west has the best chance of taking over as a starter out of all these rookies imo, since the browns backfield doesn't exactly have a dominant rusher (ben tate is good, but injury issues may come back to haunt him).

what do you guys think about montee ball this yr? some people are willing to use a 1st rd pick on the guy...

what do you guys think about montee ball this yr? some people are willing to use a 1st rd pick on the guy...
are you a risk taker? you are basically gambling on Ball not being benched for poor pass protection. Almost every single RB in Peyton Manning's system has been a fantasy star, thanks to facing six men in the box most of the time. Montee Ball has no one behind him that is a complete runner; Hillman is too small and probably worse in pass protection, and Anderson is probably worse in all three facets. As long as Ball does not have fumbling issues that cause him to get benched, he'll be a star - probably.

How does everyone feel about trading draft picks (in snake, obviously)? I have #6 in a 1-PPR league and there are very very few guys I like in the 3rd and 5th rounds using most ADPs/rankings. I'm currently trying to trade these picks (30 and 54) for the guy drafting 2nd's #23 and #71, in the hopes of getting Calvin Johnson or Jimmy Graham at #6, then either a 2nd tier RB (Bell, Bernard, Lynch) and a 2nd tier WR (Brown, Nelson, Jeffery, Cobb) or two top WRs. WR top-heavy is the way to go, and if I could get Calvin-Brown-Cobb in the first two rounds and then spend my 4th, two 6th's, and 7th round picks on guys like Rashad Jennings/Toby Gerhart, Lamar Miller, Danny Woodhead, and Fred Jackson I'd do it in a heartbeat. Let everyone else take the huge fantasy liabilities first and second round RBs tend to be, guys like Foster/Morris/Martin are scary picks.

tl;dr #30 and #54 for #23 and #71 = fair for both sides? stupid for one side?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
are you a risk taker? you are basically gambling on Ball not being benched for poor pass protection. Almost every single RB in Peyton Manning's system has been a fantasy star, thanks to facing six men in the box most of the time. Montee Ball has no one behind him that is a complete runner; Hillman is too small and probably worse in pass protection, and Anderson is probably worse in all three facets. As long as Ball does not have fumbling issues that cause him to get benched, he'll be a star - probably.

How does everyone feel about trading draft picks (in snake, obviously)? I have #6 in a 1-PPR league and there are very very few guys I like in the 3rd and 5th rounds using most ADPs/rankings. I'm currently trying to trade these picks (30 and 54) for the guy drafting 2nd's #23 and #71, in the hopes of getting Calvin Johnson or Jimmy Graham at #6, then either a 2nd tier RB (Bell, Bernard, Lynch) and a 2nd tier WR (Brown, Nelson, Jeffery, Cobb) or two top WRs. WR top-heavy is the way to go, and if I could get Calvin-Brown-Cobb in the first two rounds and then spend my 4th, two 6th's, and 7th round picks on guys like Rashad Jennings/Toby Gerhart, Lamar Miller, Danny Woodhead, and Fred Jackson I'd do it in a heartbeat. Let everyone else take the huge fantasy liabilities first and second round RBs tend to be, guys like Foster/Morris/Martin are scary picks.

tl;dr #30 and #54 for #23 and #71 = fair for both sides? stupid for one side?

Is your league's commissioner even willing to set all that up? I know I wouldn't want to be bothered with the extra work lol.

Is your league's commissioner even willing to set all that up? I know I wouldn't want to be bothered with the extra work lol.
I just learned it was both possible and automatic on Fleaflicker, so I've been spamming people with messages to see if anyone's game :toast:

Actually have one open slot WaterBomb if you'd like to send it my way, will update the rest of the names later

psa: league C draft is tomorrow at 5 EST

if you don't show up on time, we WILL nominate all the overvalued players first, and the bot WILL draft you Arian Foster/Victor Cruz/Toby Gerhart for all your money :^)

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That happened last year, totally ruined me haha.

Manages to get my shift changed so I can make it for sure now though! Anyone know when League B draft is?

psa: league C draft is tomorrow at 5 EST

if you don't show up on time, we WILL nominate all the overvalued players first, and the bot WILL draft you Arian Foster/Victor Cruz/Toby Gerhart for all your money :^)
shit, glad you posted that.

i missed the "PDT" and thought it was at 2pm.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Last time that happened tad did better than he should have throughout the season with blowing $180/200 on the top three RBs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)