VGC '14 World Championship Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we have had some interesting matches on the Twitch channel, for those of us who couldn't make it to D.C. I hope everyone had fun.

This is the Post Game Thread. Welcome! Here is where you can discuss:

How you fared in the Swiss? Able to make Top Cut (optional)?

Any Pokemon you didn't expect to see? Did it do well?

Any moveset that you didn't expect to see? Did it do well?

Let the debate begin!!

Pachirisu has great synergy with Sejun's team. I also have to say London faced a great ton of unfortunate hax against Kota. If it wasn't for all that, he may have won. It will was still a great series for Juniors though. Oh and Ray Rizzo got double freeze ;-;

Rizzo went 1-5. Double freeze in one game doesn't make up for the other 4.

Jeudy (Soulsur) could have won game 1 if he had targeted Pachirisu instead of the Chomp. The thing put a huge stopper on Rotom-M's game plan, and I don't see why he chose to double target Chomp when Pachirisu was the obvious threat.

Pachirisu showing up AND winning in finals was my highlight by far.

Post game, he mentions he brought it because it was a Kalos dex mon with Follow Me, and everyone was prepared for Amoongus instead. Little Squirrel goddess.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Se Jun Park's team shown below. Not sure about the EV spreads, but Pachi had 252 in Defense I think.
I think the Pachirisu was max HP and defense. The EV spreads for Chomp and Garde are probably also simple 252/252/4 spreads. The rest is less obvious though, so idk what to say about those.

GiraGoomy

when you see a good meme
I ended up going 3-3 in Swiss for the seniors divison placing 32nd. Highlight for me was probably the Aussie making Top Cut and how well Hariyama did in all divisons on the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)