XY RU Pink Power Team (RU) (First RMT)

So I've been really into the RU competitive scene recently and decided that I should try to make a good team! Mostly I try to build teams using Pokemon I like but aren't the most useful most of the time. I made this team because of the suspect testing of Zanmega and Zoroark, which I think both should be banned from RU. So here's my first shot at a competitive RU Team! By the way, my entire team in pink colored :D

At First Glance
moltres.gif
gligar.gif
virizion.gif
slowking.gif
aromatisse.gif

In Depth

Escavalier (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Drill Run

First off is Escavalier! Escavalier's great base 135 att stat is nothing to just put off. It hits very hard against most pokemon in the RU metagame. It has great type coverage for any pokemon that tries to swtich in on it! I gave escavalier an Assault Vest because, even though Choice Band make it very strong and it has decent bulk on its own, having an Assualt Vest gives my a chance to change moves without having to switch out and gives me additional bulk on the special side! A Life Orb'd Thunderbolt Jolteon only does about 45% to an Assault Vest Escavalier giving me a chance to OHKO with Drill Run. Also running Overcoat gives me a safe switch into pokemon that like to Sleep Powder then set up. I originally had Pursuit on but later switched it out for Knock Off for obvious reasons.

moltres.gif

Moltres @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Next is Moltres! Moltres is the "wallbreaker" of the team. NOTHING in the RU metagame safely switches in on a Choice Specs Hurricane. A fully specially defensive Aromatise takes more than 50% from it and so does an Assualt Vest Slowking. However, Hurricane being a 70% accuracy and Fire Blast being an 85% accuracy, you will see Moltres miss a few times but when it hits, it hits hard! I choose Specs Moltres because I knew Hurricane would be a very effective move against most pokemon and I needed a good fire type. I choose to run more HP on Moltres because I like having the bulk and gaining more speed doesn't do much for it, it won't out speed many more pokemon if its max speed. Hidden Power Grass for Gastrodon and Slowking and other bulky water types and U-turn for momentum.

gligar.gif

Gligar (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Gligar is the obvious defensive wall for this team! With Max Def and Eviolite, Gligar can take any physical hit with ease! The downside being Knock Off which lowers its walling potential by quite a bit and also Toxic for wearing Gligar down. I run Defog on Gligar because having a Moltres on my team, it is very necessary that no Stealth Rocks stay on my side of the field. Roost to stay healthy because not having any way to recover from an item, its almost necessary to put on him. Earthquake so I don't get Taunted and Toxic for wearing down enemy pokemon. Very good defensive wall!

virizion.gif

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Virizion is one of those pokemon that I like a lot but I never know how to quite use her effectively. This is a pretty standard Virizion set and not really original in any way. However, this set is very effective in the metagame! Swords Dance to give Virizion the power that it needs to deal tons of damage, and having a Lum Berry gets rid of the fear of being burned. Leaf Blade and Close Combat for good STAB moves, and Stone Edge for fire type switch ins, such as Delphox, Moltres, and even Yanmega (not fire type but whatever). Virizion is also a great switch in to Clawitzer, Virizion has great natural special bulk and can take any one hit from a specs Clawitzer and then KO with Leaf Blade next turn, especially if Clawitzer uses Dark Pulse, giving Virizion its Justified boost.

slowking.gif

Slowking (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SpA / 64 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Slowking is my main Special Defensive wall! Slowking already has great special bulk and giving it an Assualt Vest just make it a monster! Especially with the Regenerator abillity giving 1/3 of its HP back each time it switches out! Since Slowking has and Assualt Vest I gave it moves that are good in type coverage and usefulness. Scald to burn any incoming physical threats and a STAB water type move. Psyshock for a strong Psychic STAB move that can deal damage base on Defense instead of Special Defense. Fire Blast is the weird move of the bunch but it works well on the Magneton switch in and other various counters to Slowking. Lastly Ice Beam for type coverage and usefulness against Yanmega and other counters. Since Slowking already has pretty good special defense, I put a lot of EV's into special attack to help out with its damage dealing side. Very good pokemon but gets wrecked by Knock Off users.

aromatisse.gif

Aromatisse (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Lastly Aromatisse! I run a physically defensive Aromatisse because I feel like its better than a specially defensive one. Aromatisse is able to live a 5 hit tail slap from a Cinccino and takes Knock Offs really well! I gave it Aromatherapy for when my pokemon are statused, especially when Gligar is poisoned or when Escavalier is burned, it puts them right back into the battle! Wish and Protect for self healing and for Wish-passing onto other pokemon that might need the health. And finally Moonblast so I am able to deal damage to pokemon effectively besides just Toxic, especially Druddigon and the hidden Zoroark.

Conclusion
That's my team! If you follow the which pokemon are shiny then they are all pink and very intimidating! Cinccino is the biggest weakness this team, especially if Gligar faints early into the battle then its really hard to get rid of. There are a few other pokemon that really trouble this team but all in all it is a very good, well-rounded team! Give me any suggestions you have that might help this team!

Attachments

Hiya, Linkichu ! Nice team you got there.

I think Slowking is better off running Leftovers + Slack Off, as you'll have some recovery while still having that amazing special bulk. Maybe try 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 SpA Calm/Modest Nature.

I'd keep 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD Modest nature, since U-Turn isn't really going to do much damage regardless.

Nice team! Good luck with your laddering!

Hey Linkichu cool team! I have a team very similar to this. I have some changes that I think can make the team better.

I'm a firm believer of stealth rock being mandatory on every serious team. It's such a great move to have and it never hurts to have it. I would replace Toxic on Gligar for Stealth Rock. The chip damage on switch ins are extremely handy, and can turn some 2HKOs into OHKOs and 3HKOs into 2HKOs.

I would keep the Assault Vest on Slowking because with it, it's one of the best answers to Delphox(its an okay one without). However, unless the EVs allow it to survive something specific, I'd go a simple 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD spread which gives you max power with a Modest nature, with the Sp.Def from Assault Vest being enough to take the special hits you need.

Lastly, your team is rather slow, with the fastest member being Virizion. Virizion isn't slow by any stretch of the imagination, but a scarfer/fast mon would be really helpful for your team to help vs offense. For this reason, I recommend changing Moltres to a Scarf set and Escavalier to a Band set. You still have a powerful wallbreaker in Escavalier while having a strong scarfer that can revenge kill and just help overall.

Gligar (F) @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Escavalier (F) @ Choice Band
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Drill Run

Additional Notes: Escavalier's EVs give it as much bulk while outspeeding 0 Spe Base 30s.

That's all I have. Hope I helped :]

ps: an importable would be nice

Hiya, Linkichu ! Nice team you got there.

I think Slowking is better off running Leftovers + Slack Off, as you'll have some recovery while still having that amazing special bulk. Maybe try 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 SpA Calm/Modest Nature.

I'd keep 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD Modest nature, since U-Turn isn't really going to do much damage regardless.

Nice team! Good luck with your laddering!
Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely look into whats best for the team and you make very valid statements!

Hey Linkichu cool team! I have a team very similar to this. I have some changes that I think can make the team better.

I'm a firm believer of stealth rock being mandatory on every serious team. It's such a great move to have and it never hurts to have it. I would replace Toxic on Gligar for Stealth Rock. The chip damage on switch ins are extremely handy, and can turn some 2HKOs into OHKOs and 3HKOs into 2HKOs.

I would keep the Assault Vest on Slowking because with it, it's one of the best answers to Delphox(its an okay one without). However, unless the EVs allow it to survive something specific, I'd go a simple 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD spread which gives you max power with a Modest nature, with the Sp.Def from Assault Vest being enough to take the special hits you need.

Lastly, your team is rather slow, with the fastest member being Virizion. Virizion isn't slow by any stretch of the imagination, but a scarfer/fast mon would be really helpful for your team to help vs offense. For this reason, I recommend changing Moltres to a Scarf set and Escavalier to a Band set. You still have a powerful wallbreaker in Escavalier while having a strong scarfer that can revenge kill and just help overall.

Gligar (F) @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature

- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Drill Run

Additional Notes: Escavalier's EVs give it as much bulk while outspeeding 0 Spe Base 30s.

That's all I have. Hope I helped :]

ps: an importable would be nice
Thanks for the suggestions! I was thinking about putting SR on Gligar but for some reason decided against it. I have thought about making Moltres a scarf and Escavalier a Band before, I just haven't tested those out yet. Thanks again!

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey linkichu, this is a solid team, but there are ways to improve it.

First off, the lack of Stealth Rock is quite troublesome imo, Stealth Rock is a very very important move for generally punishing switches, doing chip damage, and helping your Pokemon break through defensive cores. There are a few ways to do this. The first one is by trying the suggetion The Bravest Bird gave of putting Stealth Rock over Toxic on Gligar, but the lack of Toxic/U-turn makes Gligar pretty easy to take advantage of by anything that resists Ground-type moves, and Stealth Rock+Defog is a bit counterproductive. This is why (as weird as it sounds, i suggest trying out Sandslash in Gligar's slot. Sandslash is actually a pretty solid Rapid Spin user in the current metagame despite being subpar last generation, all thanks to a combination of general metagame shifts and its new access to Knock Off. Unlike Gligar, Sandslash has a pretty palpable offensive presence (even being able to easily beat the common Ghost-types that block Rapid Spin), and can remove entry hazards without sacrificing its own Stealth Rock unlike Gligar. Usually losing out on the resistance to Fighting-type moves is an annoyance, but considering you have Slowking, physically defensive Aromatisse, and Moltres, it shouldn't be a problem here imo An EV Spread of 248 HP / 252 Attack / 8 Speed with an Adamant Nature works well, but a more physically defensive EV spread is more than possible if you feel you need the bulk.

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Otherwise, i totally agree with all the changes The Bravest Bird suggested, sets and all, but i'd like to go a bit more in depth on why these changes work and suggest some small variations.

Choice Scarf Moltres is quite nice as a revenge killer and a late game cleaner thanks to its high BP moves, and the fact that it can gain momentum so easily with its ability to force switches+U-turn as long as Stealth Rock isn't up on your side. It also happens to patch up any issues you might've had with Virizion which was perfectly capable of cleaving through your team if Aromatisse got below a certain range. It helps out with Durant too which can outright sweep at +1 otherwise. Even if you don't choose to run Choice Scarf Moltres, i definitely wouldn't say that theres nothing between 64 Speed Naive and 252 Speed Timid. In fact there are plenty of really important things in this benchmark, such as Meloetta, Adamant Hitmonlee, and all base 80s. I'd at the very least change the ev spread to 252 Special Attack 252 Speed 4 Special Defense Timid. U-turn is only being used for momentum anyway, so theres no need to power it up imo. You could also consider running Life Orb Roost Moltres. This gives you almost as much power while letting you change moves if needed, and lets you use Roost without being forced out the next turn because of a Choice lock, this loses out on U-turn though.

the Speed Evs on Escavalier are pretty important, Slowking, Aromatisse, and Amoonguss are all pretty notable targets to outspeed and smack with a Megahorn/Iron Head, and those speed EVs let Escavalier accomplish this quite easily. Choice Band Escavalier is obnoxiously powerful too, although you don't really *need* the Choice Band to smack things around with an 120 BP move coming off of a whopping 405 Attack imo, so feel free to keep the Assault Vest.

Lastly, if you run any varient of Moltres with U-turn (especially Choice Scarf Moltres), i'd heavily reconsider readding Pursuit to Escavalier over either Knock Off or Drill Run with the new EV spread. With Pursuit in your arsenal, it becomes quite quick and painless to remove Moltres's best check in the form of Slowking. All you have to do is force Slowking to switch in on Moltres, U-turn out as it comes in, and checkmate it with Escavalier. From there you either fire off a free Megahorn whether Slowking stays in or not, or trap Slowking as it tries to switch out to clear the way for Moltres, it depends on who you're playing and how risky you want to be at that point of the game. Think about Charizard Y+Pursuit, except for RU.

Hope i helped!

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey Linkichu solid team you have there. I'm going to get right into the point and note out your glaring Virizion weakness. Virizion can grab an SD against two of your members which are Slowking and Gligar, as it can force the former out and set up on the latter. Then, it proceeds to OHKO/2HKO your entire team with a combination of Leaf Blade, Close Combat, and Stone Edge. You have physically defensive Aromatisse that can take a hit from it, but a weakened one won't take any as it does 49% minimum at +2. This can be fixed by changing a few things around. First of all, I agree with both Molk and The Bravest Birds and I would suggest Choice Scarf Moltres over Choice Specs. This gives you two things: 1. a revenge killer that can take on Virizion and other threats including Durant that you are also kinda weak to, and 2. a solid late-game cleaner with Flamethrower. With Scarf over Specs you will lose on wallbreaking power, but you can make it up by using Choice Band over Assault Vest on Escavalier. Escavalier is an even scarier wallbreaker because it's Megahorn is absolutely fucking scary with a Choice Band, and with Wish support it can stay on the field even longer, especially because of the good synergy it has with Aromatisse.

sets:

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

EVs: 158 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Pursuit / Drill Run

The speed on Escavalier is just to creep on Slowking who often also creeps. Have fun and good luck!

I'm a firm believer of stealth rock being mandatory on every serious team. It's such a great move to have and it never hurts to have it. I would replace Toxic on Gligar for Stealth Rock.
^^^ This. Almost every team needs some sort of hazards (whether it be Spikes, Toxic Spikes, or the standard SR) as it breaks sashes and changes crucial 2HKOs into OHKOs. Chip damage is also very nice.

Otherwise, I really don't have anything to say as the people above me stole all my suggestions and ideas qqqqq

but I second the Choice Scarf Moltres change...you're gonna need a revenge killer and it helps with your Cincinno weakness more.

Hey dude, interesting team you have here. I'm going to agree with the change to LO Moltres that Molk suggested as it's a superior to Choice Specs in almost every way, Moltres being locked into a move can often leave it walled by common Pokemon and Life Orb just makes it so much harder to switch into. I guess you lose the ability to U-Turn but to be honest Roost more than makes up for that in my eyes. Currently your team has no Stealth Rock which is easily one of the most important moves in the game due to the damage it does to all Pokemon when switching around. To fit this on the team I think you can try out Registeel over Escavalier, Registeel offers the same Steel typing and can generally switch into the same things as Escavalier. You lose some offensive presence but with LO Moltres and Virizion I don't think it would be that big of a deal, Registeel is also extremely hard to take down with the Wish support that your team provides.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Protect

I hope I was able to help.

Hey dude, interesting team you have here. I'm going to agree with the change to LO Moltres that Molk suggested as it's a superior to Choice Specs in almost every way, Moltres being locked into a move can often leave it walled by common Pokemon and Life Orb just makes it so much harder to switch into. I guess you lose the ability to U-Turn but to be honest Roost more than makes up for that in my eyes. Currently your team has no Stealth Rock which is easily one of the most important moves in the game due to the damage it does to all Pokemon when switching around. To fit this on the team I think you can try out Registeel over Escavalier, Registeel offers the same Steel typing and can generally switch into the same things as Escavalier. You lose some offensive presence but with LO Moltres and Virizion I don't think it would be that big of a deal, Registeel is also extremely hard to take down with the Wish support that your team provides.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Protect

I hope I was able to help.
That's a great suggestion! I'll definitely try out Registeel sometime! Right now I implemented the changes to my team already and I'm doing really well, but I would still like to try out the Registeel set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)