Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

I looked at the box arts for Melee and Brawl to check for precedents, and it didn't help very much. Melee doesn't give credits for Intelligent Systems (Fire Emblem), but does not have Marth/Roy on the box, while it includes APE/Creatures inc. (Ness, who is on the box). Brawl credits both Intelligent + APE, but does not have Marth/Ike/Ness/Lucas on the box. Konami/Sega are credited.

Conclusion: ??????

also relevant: Creatures inc. is credited on smash 4, meaning Ness is probably confirmed or something idk

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So they have a few updates on the main site, and one of them is that Solo mode on the 3DS has an intensity mode like Kid Icarus: Uprising. This leads me to believe that not only will the AI be a step above even the tech skill in Brawl, but that Ninty is not beneath throwing utter annihilation at you if your characters aren't buffed for Solo Mode.

Or they could artificially strengthen the NPCs in solo mode with higher speed and handicaps like they did in melee.

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!

New Pic of the day! Sakurai ty for the fan service ;) In all seriousness though these are pretty cool alternate costumes to see as opposed to ZSS's Jumpsuit that she usually wears. Thoughts?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Eh, I find the cat suit more appealing...

Man, Samus bends in really odd ways... I know she can roll into a ball but look at some of the angles of her back/stomach there. Just look *wrong*.

To be fair, I did not expect Snake to be back. But like others have said, the packaging just seems to have seemingly random credits. We'll just have to wait the three weeks till Japanese launch now.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to say thank fucking god if I ever for some reason want to play as Samus without her iconic armor at least I wouldn't have to use the zero suit, but then I'd still have to endure those stupid fucking high heels.

I'd like to say thank fucking god if I ever for some reason want to play as Samus without her iconic armor at least I wouldn't have to use the zero suit, but then I'd still have to endure those stupid fucking high heels.
I think it makes sense that she has the heels. Unless samus has magic powers which I don't she does, then she will rely on gadgets to do things like the star fox characters and snake. And she has no room on her skin tight costume to hide anything in there...

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I cannot help but wonder if someone like Sakamoto was the one who insisted Samus get heels in her Zero Suit design. Seeing her in actual heels in Smash would kill me at least it's rocket heels.

We have seen alternate costumes for many characters, but characters like Palutena and Pacman are yet to have been shown off in more then one color. This doesn't worry me its just strange, however, the thing that does worry me is that Sakurai says ZSS's Alts almost couldn't be added, so are there any characters that won't be having alt costumes due to time?

(Also, I've been sick for a while so thanks for uploading Crush!)

Pic of the day. The treasure chests that appear in Smash Run are very important. Not only do they give you stat boosts, but they also give you custom parts (the bag on the right) and Smash Run powers (the bag on the left). You should pick these up and use them in the next battle!!

(Comment)

…However, watch out for Mimicuties disguised as treasure chests. Run away! RUN AWAY!!

(I'm aware of the double post, also people have noticed that Link's shield has changed color with his tunic)

I think it makes sense that she has the heels. Unless samus has magic powers which I don't she does, then she will rely on gadgets to do things like the star fox characters and snake. And she has no room on her skin tight costume to hide anything in there...
Depends on whether you consider Chozo training to be "magical" or not. Canonically, she actually has much greater physical prowess than Snake or Master Chief, enough to send either of them flying with a kick. Tough luck for the fandom matchups.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Even in Zero Mission the suit only exists for a stealth segment where she is completely vulnerable. Stronger than other characters she might be but Samus has no business fighting in her underwear. It was stupid in Brawl, it was stupid in Other M, it's stupid here.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So... what do you folks think of the latest supposed leak?
1. What leak? If you want to discuss it, please provide discussion material.

2. Depends on the source and the scope of the leaks. Leaks sounding too good/expected to be true, often turn out to be fake (anybody remember "Mr. XY"?). The fans tend to spread the rumours they'd like to be true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)