ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it's sad if you mono the game. Really. The nicest part of Pokémon games for me is to build a team and level all of them up. Sure, it is easier to have a single overly leveled pokémon, but where's the fun in it?
Eh, to each his own. The fun for me has always come in the postgame, and that's not just true of Pokemon but of every RPG I've played. I tend to want to blow through the game as quickly as possible so I can get to the part I actually enjoy and have the freedom to do it in the order I want.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
While we're speculating here's some more kind of interesting stuff from the English website. If you scroll down on This Page and flip through the art gallery you might notice something kind of odd...

Every Pokemon featured and talked about on the website is getting a new mega/form, or is the main of a featured and talked about character, or is related to contest and all their new/returning mechanics. I'm not gonna read too much into what is or isn't in the "art gallery" ribbon because that's really just all over the place. But I am starting to wonder a little bit about why Seviper and Zangoose are getting any attention. Maybe they're just trying to illustrate the fact that there will be version exclusives beyond legnedaries? Maybe it's just really random what they put up on the site? Or maybe there are some mega stones for them in the future..... I'm just speculating 'cause it seems odd they're featured at all.
Flygon's also on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zangoose and Seviper have been featured on the site for months now. While there is always the possibility of megas (Flygon makes it unlikely), I wouldn't read into it too much.

Milotic is also featured on the regular site under "pokemon" but not under mega...

Flygon's also on there.

According to Serebii a special stream is going to happen on the 26th this month and it's supposed to be "surprising". Details are here -> http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
Zangoose and Seviper have been featured on the site for months now. While there is always the possibility of megas (Flygon makes it unlikely), I wouldn't read into it too much.

Milotic is also featured on the regular site under "pokemon" but not under mega...
Yeah, but Milotic and Flygon have reasons they're featured. Flygon is Aarune's main. And Milotic is featured as part of the returning contest mechanics talking about PokeBlocks etc. Basically the same ways and reasons they were featured in CoroCoro. Meanwhile there's like no real reason to feature Seviper or Zangoose, that I could see, besides to tell us that there are version exclusives in ORAS or something...

We've been seeing articles on all these new things except those two so they just struck me as odd they're on the site. Could be nothing but I wanted to point them out.

Last edited by a moderator:

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Anyway, I just brought up Colosseum and XD because this whole "shocking announcement" thing reminded me of Orre, shadow pokémon and a possible link between them and the creepy island to the north of Hoenn. And the more I think about it, the less far fetched it seems. For instance, FRLG did implement an already known region (the OI from the anime) to the post-game, so ORAS wouldn't be doing something unheard of by including Orre or at least some parts of it.
Orange Islands and Sevii Islands aren't the same location, as in the anime they're noted as being in a relative location to Orange Island and New Island. The Sevii Islands were even in the anime episode "Search for a Legend" in which a trainer attempted to capture Moltres on Mt. Ember.

I didn't mean Orre being in ORAS would be their big announcement. One of my previous posts even mentioned that this announcement has probably nothing to do with the RSE remakes. I was just drawing parallels between the weird island on ORAS map and Orre. The dark aura reminds me of pokémon XD and I see some sort of pyramid sticking out that vaguely reminds me of Citadark Isle. And given that those are all 3rd gen games we're talking about and that we can expect new post-game content that wasn't in the originals...
You're still jumping to conclusions
What if it's giratina's zone
What if its Hoopa's alternate dimension
what if it's entirely unrealted (it's almost certainly this one)

And I've always thought of the Sevii Island to be based off the OI. I can't look into it right now, but off the top of my head, I remember there were an island famous for being the habitat of bug pokémon (it's where Tracey caught his Scyther iirc) and then in FRLG you have the Pattern Bush, which is also a place where many bug types are found. I'll check later because I'm sure there are a couple of others similarities between OI and Sevii as well.
That's still just coincidence, though. Forest full of bug types isn't really a weird concept.

Furthermore, look at what isn't there: No pink island, none of the cast, no orange league, etc

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
You're still jumping to conclusions
What if it's giratina's zone
What if its Hoopa's alternate dimension
what if it's entirely unrealted (it's almost certainly this one)
I'm feeling this. Theories make sense when based on information revealed to form a hypothesis, but we know little to nothing about the new Hoenn region itself to assume anything.

I personally believe that the swirl of darkness to the north of Hoenn is the Distortion World. It's design is very similar to the design of the opening shown in the Platinum map of Sinnoh, and if they were to include the Creation Trio, who haven't been seen in a main series game without an event since Platinum, the Distortion World would be the most logical way to do so.

I personally believe that the swirl of darkness to the north of Hoenn is the Distortion World. It's design is very similar to the design of the opening shown in the Platinum map of Sinnoh, and if they were to include the Creation Trio, who haven't been seen in a main series game without an event since Platinum, the Distortion World would be the most logical way to do so.
I thought it was going to have something to do with Darkrai but since he has recently had an event I would welcome this too. Multiple entries into the distortion world would make sense.

"It has been announced that, during some point in November, there will be a maintenance period for Pokémon X & Y. During this period, you won't be able to enter the serial codes used for various events. It is not known what the specifics of this maintenance are, nor is it known how long it'll be, but we'll provide these details as and when they come."

From Serebii. So, this surely must be the patch for ORAS?

"It has been announced that, during some point in November, there will be a maintenance period for Pokémon X & Y. During this period, you won't be able to enter the serial codes used for various events. It is not known what the specifics of this maintenance are, nor is it known how long it'll be, but we'll provide these details as and when they come."

From Serebii. So, this surely must be the patch for ORAS?
I very highly doubt it. It specifically states serial codes only; during this time we can still wi-fi battle, trade etc. I don't see what serial codes would have to do with a patch.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
For all we know, they could be changing a server over at GameFreak's. It isn't necessarily tied to the games themselves.

I very highly doubt it. It specifically states serial codes only; during this time we can still wi-fi battle, trade etc. I don't see what serial codes would have to do with a patch.
Wait so are people still seriously denying we're getting a patch? When it's entirely possible for them now, and it makes absolutely no sense for them not to?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Wait so are people still seriously denying we're getting a patch? When it's entirely possible for them now, and it makes absolutely no sense for them not to?
>what is reading comprehension
why am I greentexting here

I'd say these news are as relevant as the serial codes themselves (to anyone outside Japan and some parts of the West at least), so I wouldn't even bother.

As you can clearly see, Elite Four Sidney has a Mega Stone with a picture of Shiftry next to him. Since this is a remake, it is very safe to assume the Elite Four will have 5 Pokemon each, but now we can see the challenge has increased tenfold. There are Megas in the Elite Four. You see, many people complained about X and Y's Elite Four being too easy. I suppose this is Gamefreak's way of saying "You happy now?" but this could be potentially interesting. Since Sidney's main guy was an Absol, but there are hints to a Mega Shiftry, it could be either, but seeing as how the pic focuses around Shiftry, it is very possible Mega Shiftry is Sidney's main player. But what of the rest?

Sidney: Shiftry or Absol

Phoebe: Sableye (obiously)

Glacia: Walrein(?)

Drake: Salamence (obviously, since it has just been confirmed)

Steven: Metagross (revealed)

I'm actually interested in Glacia. Will her team be revamped to have more than 2 Ice families, or will there indeed be a Mega Walrein? What do you guys think? I'm putting money on Mega Walrein because I wanna see that.

As you can clearly see, Elite Four Sidney has a Mega Stone with a picture of Shiftry next to him. Since this is a remake, it is very safe to assume the Elite Four will have 5 Pokemon each, but now we can see the challenge has increased tenfold. There are Megas in the Elite Four. You see, many people complained about X and Y's Elite Four being too easy. I suppose this is Gamefreak's way of saying "You happy now?" but this could be potentially interesting. Since Sidney's main guy was an Absol, but there are hints to a Mega Shiftry, it could be either, but seeing as how the pic focuses around Shiftry, it is very possible Mega Shiftry is Sidney's main player. But what of the rest?

Sidney: Shiftry or Absol

Phoebe: Sableye (obiously)

Glacia: Walrein(?)

Drake: Salamence (obviously, since it has just been confirmed)

Steven: Metagross (revealed)

I'm actually interested in Glacia. Will her team be revamped to have more than 2 Ice families, or will there indeed be a Mega Walrein? What do you guys think? I'm putting money on Mega Walrein because I wanna see that.
This was actually discussed to death, and what I took away from it was that that could be a keystone, but the coloring is a little off, so it could also just be a watch or something. Considering phoebe clearly did not have a key stone (GF was pretty quick to shoot down any theories about it being hidden on her leg), I'm in the camp that thinks mega evolution will not be a thing for the E4, at least the first round. Every time you fought a mega in XY, with the exception of serena/calem rematches, it was a huge deal. Having 5 big fights in a row seems like it'd betray the purpose.

As you can clearly see, Elite Four Sidney has a Mega Stone with a picture of Shiftry next to him.
As has been gone over many times, with images that have a much clearer resolution, that's a watch with no Mega Evolution symbol in it.

Fuck, ninja'd. What Kairyu said about defeating the purpose too.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
I'm almost tempted to put my money on Mega Abomasnow for Glacia, 'cause GameFreak doesn't like Ice Pokémon. It got a Mega only to fill the quota, and apparently it's among the worst of the lot too.

lol, yeah for some reason people are still denying it. I could agree that the "maintenance" isn't necessarily a patch related thing. But there's just way too much new content (moves, forms, etc.) for them not to. Or at least not to ultimately do so. like, too much new content to the point where people will complain when they can't use 1/3 of the megas on one of their games, or the multiple new legendary forms, or the new moves, or just all the new stuff they're adding mid gen. It's 2014 and the game connects to the internet like flipping a switch, even people who are used to things like having to see Ghirtatina-O as regular Ghirtaina on their Pearl version should still be really disappointed if GF can't get their act together enough to patch the new content into the games that are compatible with it. especially when there's this much of it and not just one or two forms on one or two legendaries. If they don't do a patch there will probably be a good amount of backlash the same way everyone was pissed about PokeBank's release.

I guess it's not insane to deny it. But it's very reasonable to expect it. The maintenance very well isn't patch related but that hardly means there won't be a patch.

I personally believe that it'd be handled the same way as it was in gens 4 and 5, but this time you get an -OPTIONAL- patch which lets you see, obtain and use these new Megas. If not then you can't get the mega stones and you just see Mega Lopunny as Lopunny. A patch shouldn't be necessary to let the games connect.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
The exclusive Megas is one of the big selling points of ORAS. Like it or not, it has been so for years. Want that cool new Giratina forme your friend is using? Well, put aside your Diamond game and beg your parents for Platinum. Really like the look of the new Kyurem Formes? BW2 is where it's at, and BW is left in the dust.

While patches for XY technically are possible, they would be bad business. Besides, they're not needed for the games to function normally.

I wouldn't expect the patch to allow the trading of the stones into X and Y, but I think most people are hoping for a patch that just allows X and Y to recognize the new Megas/possible new attacks/possible new abilities in the online so that there's no problem with a wi-fi fight between an ORAS player and an XY player. At least, that's what I want out of a patch if it were to happen.

The exclusive Megas is one of the big selling points of ORAS. Like it or not, it has been so for years. Want that cool new Giratina forme your friend is using? Well, put aside your Diamond game and beg your parents for Platinum. Really like the look of the new Kyurem Formes? BW2 is where it's at, and BW is left in the dust.

While patches for XY technically are possible, they would be bad business. Besides, they're not needed for the games to function normally.
A patch doesn't interfere with any of these points, though. The games function normally without it and then can also function along with ORAS with it. It's not bad for business because you still need to buy the new games to actually get that content just not to "interact" with it (like fully interact.) In fact I would say it's the opposite, it's good for business, as now with a patch you get to see everyone online kicking your butt with a Mega Metagross and so now you feel even more like you need to go get the new games.

I personally believe that it'd be handled the same way as it was in gens 4 and 5, but this time you get an -OPTIONAL- patch which lets you see, obtain and use these new Megas. If not then you can't get the mega stones and you just see Mega Lopunny as Lopunny. A patch shouldn't be necessary to let the games connect.
Assuming there is a patch: It's more likely that you won't be able to interact with ORAS players (and XY players with the patch) while you don't have the patch. It'd be even easier for Gamefreak to just say you can't use online services without updating. I see no reason for them to make the patch optional and bog their games down with unnecessary conditions to fix display issues when they can just force you to have the patch. A patch will almost certainly be necessary. Because your magic "you just see Mega Lopunny as Lopunny" solution doesn't fly. XY (probably) has no idea what Mega Lopunny is, and cannot say, "Oh, I don't have the necessary resources to display Mega Lopunny, I will just throw Lopunny up instead."

As to whether or not there will be a patch, I can only speculate. My money is on not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)