worlds in dc

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Sorry I didn't meet a lot of you, when I go on these trips I never have time to check the message boards. I was able to meet up with tennisace/RBG/Waterbomb multiple times, which was great, but I couldn't find fukken Mekkers :(

ßasedVictory "when you cant beat specs keldeo and sub megagyara on the same team"
blarajan fucking slayer
Braverius will be usurped by fitzy
idiotfrommars "dont drink when youre sick"
Pwnemon sucks shit
sebixxl deutschland macht fantastische thrash metal
sirndpt is awesome
Stone_Cold "i have a question why do people think youre good"
tennisace go sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TV-Rocka free latias

theres more but yea everyone was great

#legendarydave #spdefcmcelebi #fuckingslayer

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How was the concert? They're doing the same show in Philly next month and I might go.

just posting rather belatedly to say I had a great time over the weekend!! met (or at least people-watched) most everyone, though I'm sure most of you didn't know who I was, haha. anyway, bored on a forever-long car ride so excuse scattered thoughts/ long ramble:

firstly: wherever it is next year, I'd really recommend anyone to go! even if--as in my case--you aren't that well known on the forums/ have no experience with the vgc format or events/ aren't that outgoing or whatever haha. everyone was friendly and fun, surprisingly diverse age range and personalities, it's always interesting to match a real life person with their internet persona

there were quite a bunch of group activities, the weekend absolutely flew by haha: marriott basement and shake shack dinner with nbers on thursday, friday was qdoba, lcqs and concert, sat was lunch at union station/ roti, swiss and top cut, and hooters then rocket bar, sun was sending wolf to the station at the crack of dawn, watching pachirisu beast finals, and busboys and poets for sid's birthday.

most conversation was pkmn related, which got old for me by like friday afternoon, but stone bkc cased were still going on strong about pokebattle rain and chestnaught on sunday night so ymmv I guess

the concert was especially..... interesting lol. my thoughts, for those that didn't get to go: almost expected to feel out of place for being underdressed bc I thought it'd be a formal suit and tie event, instead felt out of place bc every other person had their DSes out. almost a rock concert atmosphere, music was pkmn bgm while clips from the cart games played on a screen behind the orchestra in chronological (rby gsc bw xy etc) order. first encore had us singing along to GOTTA CATCH EM ALL (or really just the chorus because who the fuck knows all the lyrics) second encore was masuda conducting the xy finale song.

ik stone wolf and I didn't honestly think it was worth the $50, myself mostly because it was so different from what I expected, musically they weren't amazing, and I am quite a fan of actual orchestral/ symphonic music, video game music and the like. fwiw though, it was definitely a unique experience, I woudlve been bummed if I didn't get to go and I don't regret going. other people I know who went (ium Antar ) might wanna weigh in

few individual shoutouts -

The Wolf: thnx so much for all the vgc help babe, really hope you had fun and didn't mind my crazy fast walking speed and lack of common sense re: hotel keys and inability to flag down buses at 5am

idiotfrommars: can't believe you actually brought an inflatable mattress larger than our hotel bed lmao (not to mention the metric ton of gatorade). awesome job getting within 2? 3? wins from worlds, go get vgc mods, and dude you have not paid. me. for. the. hotel

Stone_Cold: how are you enjoying the herpes I gave u qt. really though, was hilarious seeing your fans' reactions and your reactions to your fan reactions

blarajan: you're the funniest. "LIGHT CHEESE LIGHT CHEESE ok, that's not light" "what are you, an iguana?"

tennisace: the person who first gave me the idea of going to worlds! sorry rooming together didn't work out but it was great meeting you and chilling at the bar (thanks for rescuing us from an evening at hooters), and don't worry, believe it or not I'm p sure I'm actually worse than you at pool

ium: was very very cool to see your art skills and shiny vivillion collection in person! also, excellent taste in socks :) thanks too for letting dave and I cut in line at the worlds shop after you and tennis queued for hours, haha

was also great hanging out with the germans TV-Rocka and sebixxl (i hope your little brothers can come in future!), BKC (sneaky stealth picture taker!!!) and cased (can't tag you on phone), antar, charmander, waterbomb, rbg, jibaku (don't worry, Pwnemon forgot me in his shoutouts too.....

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
sirndpt: a) the phrase "that was literally the worst shot I have ever seen" was thrown around liberally after i repeatedly scratched in hilariously improbable ways b) the lady behind sid let me cut in behind him so i only waited like a half hour B)

Last edited:
How was the concert? They're doing the same show in Philly next month and I might go.
Meh. It was all right. But for my money, I'd rather buy this album five times. The crowd was relatively well behaved my night (Saturday) (others told me people just had their 3DS' out the whole time on Friday). I say it's worth it if you're going with friends as a social experience. If you're there for the music, save your cash.

I personally don't regret going, though. But I have a large amount of disposable income and nothing better to do on a Saturday night (though I guess I could have joined everyone at Rocket Bar...)

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Guess I'll say my part and my experience with worlds for the first time. To put it mildly I had an amazing time this past weekend. The worlds environment is just so much fun with all the people coming from around the world to take part in the various events. It was great getting to meetup with some of my old friends and getting to meet lots of new faces throughout the days. The weekend would've been perfect if I wasn't so shy and barely hung out with anyone, guess I'm still not over that. Sorry to anyone I met and didn't even properly introduce myself or speak to it's not easy for me (lame ass excuse but it is what it is no matter how much it ruins my good time). Just a few more things and some shoutouts to the people I did get to hang out and talk with:

-Many thanks to tennisace for letting me room with him. Know you're tired of hearing it but again sorry I didn't hang out as much as I would've liked with you and everyone else, but if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have been able to go at all and I appreciate that favor.

-Making t16 in LCQ was something I'll never forget especially using something like mega heracross which had a few of my opponents just going "wtf" when they saw that come up. Thanks again to jio (who'll probably never see this) for helping me with the team did so much better than I was aiming for.

-God the line to get into the worlds store was ridiculous, had to stand there for 3 hours but it was well worth it pick this up along with the few other things I did buy, best XY mon: http://imgur.com/XArHv0L. Now I know next time get there as early as possible.

-Biosci / Charmander / jio / V4Victini nice to getting to hangout multiple times with you guys. V4 and charmander nice to see you guys are the same on IRC as you are in person.

-Mekkah nice meeting you no matter how few times that happened and thanks for the stroopwafel, too good. Sorry I couldn't get you that blitzle plushie I'm sure you were dying to have.

-People who probably won't see this either but it was nice meeting you guys again bears, cassie, moof (for the first time) and Eiganjo (for the first time and gave me a stroopwafel).

Last edited:
Guess I'll say my part and my experience with worlds for the first time. To put it mildly I had an amazing time this past weekend. The worlds environment is just so much fun with all the people coming from around the world to take part in the various events. It was great getting to meetup with some of my old friends and getting to meet lots of new faces throughout the days. The weekend would've been perfect if I wasn't so shy and barely hung out with anyone, guess I'm still not over that. Sorry to anyone I met and didn't even properly introduce myself or speak to it's not easy for me (lame ass excuse but it is what it is no matter how much it ruins my good time). Just a few more things and some shoutouts to the people I did get to hang out and talk with:

-Many thanks to tennisace for letting me room with him. Know you're tired of hearing it but again sorry I didn't hang out as much as I would've liked with you and everyone else, but if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have been able to go at all and I appreciate that favor.

-Making t16 in LCQ was something I'll never forget especially using something like mega heracross which had a few of my opponents just going "wtf" when they saw that come up. Thanks again to jio (who'll probably never see this) for helping me with the team did so much better than I was aiming for.

-God the line to get into the worlds store was ridiculous, had to stand there for 3 hours but it was well worth it pick this up along with the few other things I did buy, best XY mon: http://imgur.com/XArHv0L. Now I know next time get there as early as possible.

-Biosci / Charmander / jio / V4Victini nice to getting to hangout multiple times with you guys. V4 and charmander nice to see you guys are the same on IRC as you are in person.

-Mekkah nice meeting you no matter how few times that happened and thanks for the stroopwafel, too good. Sorry I couldn't get you that blitzle plushie I'm sure you were dying to have.

-People who probably won't see this either but it was nice meeting you guys again bears, cassie, moof (for the first time) and Eiganjo (for the first time and gave me a stroopwafel).
i made t16 in tcg, fucking hated myself for not making it higher ;~; i feel your pain

sirndpt it was a fairly new experience for me and i was pretty much hanging out so it was mostly worth it ;]. the piece involving the kalos gym leaders felt pretty weak but other than that it wasn't bad. i honestly didn't think it would be formal given the audience so i wasn't really worrying about a dress code but i was more "dressed" on friday anyway... i know neno kept freaking out and asking me about dress code before the weekend but i was just like whatever haha

the weekend was really great overall. i met everyone i expected to meet and probably more. i met people who i wasn't even well-acquainted with and they ended up being great to be around in a short period of time. unfortunately i was only turning 20 on sunday so i was kind of missing out at some times but thanks for everyone who was hanging around during my birthday :toast:

special shoutout to neno for making it extra fun. just from the anticipation of this event alone, we actually became more of friends and were talking about a lot of stuff regarding the weekend almost every other day before the actual events. with the mindset of wanting to know the city and get the feel of it, the two of us ended up exploring the washington d.c. within the short time we had and went on a long walk from lincoln memorial to the u.s. capitol which probably took four hours? 2015... 2020... whatever, neno definitely knows who to go to for to help breed his pokemon teams now ;] also please don't fart near me ever again if we go out for burgers

also thanks sebi for teaching me some useless german... "beer is 'beer' (bier), pokemon is pokemon, and pikachu is pikachu." it's ok, i'll still help him with his teams too now that he knows that i help people and can pump out teams in no time. 930+ hours on a cartridge is nothing

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus

v upset i missed out on stroopwafel :(

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
waterbomb should change his name to WB and get another badge, it'd make those posts Extra Trippy

GiraGoomy

when you see a good meme
Although I joined here after Worlds hopefully I can earn my invite again next season and meet you all then!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)