The Bracket Tournament - Fifth Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Approved by the TDs

RULES:
1: Tournament Concept
--- More on this later.
2: Your team MUST be legal on the Smogon OU ladder that is currently in effect as of the beginning of the round your battle was placed.
--- If a ban/unban happens at any point during the tournament, it takes effect as soon as a new round starts. Extensions (Round 1 match, something gets banned, Round 2 starts but a battle is an R1 extension) use the banlist of R1, for example. Rule 1 takes priority in conflicts.
3: You must follow anything not already stated by Rule 2 that is stated in this thread.
--- Don't be an asshole to your fellow participants. This is a game, have fun.
4: BEST OF ONE
--- One match decides the winner. If you choose to play a Best of 3, I reserve the right to manually decide the winner based on the winner of the first match, and if there are complications, to force a rematch.

TOURNAMENT CONCEPT
Signups: Handpicked, HEAVILY based on First-Come-First-Serve. Makes it easier to make groups that way.
I will make 4 groups of 16 based on what I believe the skill level in general is. I will try to get some input regarding the groupings, but in the end, it will be my decision. I will make 16 groups of 4 after that, randomly choosing 1 member of each group for each 4-person group.
Round 1: The representative of Group A (Highest) will battle the one of Group D (Lowest). The one from B will battle C.
Round 2: The victors in each group battle each other, and the losers battle each other.
Round 3: Groups of 8 are made, putting two groups together. Similar to Round 1, aside it being 8 players. Single elimination from here on out.
Round 4: Continuation from R3. Round 5: Continuation from R4. Round 6: Reseeding based on perceived skill, basic tournament from here on.

Matchups:

pokebasket vs shartruce2

Myzozoa vs FLCL

praj.pran vs Rewer

HBK vs SnowCristal!

Ojama vs Typhlito

TGMD vs Doughboy

Bad Ass vs MarceloDK

Laurel vs boudouche

Deadline: August 24th, 2014

Last edited:

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
HBK, I was told a post was edited to indicate a battle played, which is not something I can easily find.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
lost to marcelodk in a fun game that ended in a 50/50. also he used an old bw team so i'll just sit in a corner somewhere

yea, first ~really~ decent game I play in ages, could've gone either way and you might have deserved the win more than me. gg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)