Hackmons XY

Status
Not open for further replies.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ok wow. Thats just insane. What it means is that everything is going to be either a ton frailer, or really hard to kill. (Say your prayers Deoxys, Parental Bond Shadow Sneak Mega Banette is the next generation) Mewtwo wont be the bulky attacker it once was and Absol is...idk
The reason I use Arceus is to confuse my opponent because I have 3 (and only 2 of them are weak to fighting heheh) and thanks to Giratinas healing, I can keep the opponent from telling them apart from damage level. Also, does anyone have any good Reshiram names? I replaced Zard and Doom Desire works well on random stuff. Also, the reason I dropped Zap Cannon on Deoxys was because if I kept it, it could really hit every member of my team (Gira Groudon Kyurem and it sheer cold, Absol dynamic punch, Gyara zc). Running Absol and Groudon still, not sure about everyone else. Good Aero, my Groudon walls it but not much else. Why U-Turn by the way? Anyway, with its new form Groudon can only get better unless it gets a bad stat distribution.

manu 11

When someone asks me if i am indian because of my name
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As Feebas4ubers mentionnned the meta is gonna be more offensive (which i like) than it used to be but i think stall could still be played.
Anyway i already made some calcs about how powerful mega-mewtwo-x huge power is gonna be :
-252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 346-408 (114.9 - 135.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO (adding life orb cause without it it just doesn't kill it + i most of the time run life orb) this one is for Feebas4ubers :D
-252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Gengar: 367-432 (140.6 - 165.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 302-356 (85.3 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO (shadow sneak does 1% more) gotta love them speed ties
-252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Mach Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 390-460 (87.8 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
I only took priority moves(40 base power except espeed) on purpose to show how powerful it will be if mmx has the right moveset against you. Of course this can be stopped by wonderguard but let's be honest people are gonna run 6 of them with different movesets so having a WG that counters one of his mmx won't really help you.
But guys stall can still be played :
-252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Mega Aggron: 263-309 (76.4 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO "strong"
-252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 233-274 (46.3 - 54.4%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
With those fur coat start running metal burst or counter imo or you could just pp stall them with a recovery move but then opponent will get a crit which is "a bit" annoying.
Add one fur coat poke (i recommend giratina because aggron-mega has fighting/ground/fire weakness which are pretty common in hackmons) to a team who has already 2 wgs and you can still play stall, especially if you run king's shield on your wg.
I will post later on the team preview being added.

-252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Mega Aggron: 263-309 (76.4 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO "strong"
-252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Giratina: 233-274 (46.3 - 54.4%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
With those fur coat start running metal burst or counter imo or you could just pp stall them with a recovery move but then opponent will get a crit which is "a bit" annoying.
Add one fur coat poke (i recommend giratina because aggron-mega has fighting/ground/fire weakness which are pretty common in hackmons) to a team who has already 2 wgs and you can still play stall, especially if you run king's shield on your wg.
Fur Coat is a good ability and all but... Stall team are usually hardpressed to find a slot for it, since Giratina and Aggron generally need Magic Bounce (Taunt says hi), Prankster, or Shadow Tag to be fully effective. Also, if you want to counter Huge Power Mewtwo with a stall team, you often end up being destroyed by MegaGar, who now OHKO/2HKO all your Wonder Guarders because they don't run SDef EVs. If you have to forego your Prankster Topsy-Turvy for Fur Coat, it will 6-0 you after SS. Also "non-Uber worthy" WG (read : Swampert, etc.) are a lot less effective with team preview + lack of 252/252/252 defensive EV. I guess you can run WG MegaTwoX to counter another HP MegaTwoX, but still.

Good Aero, my Groudon walls it but not much else.
nope
252+ Atk Choice Band Mega Aerodactyl Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 189-223 (46.7 - 55.1%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO

Why U-Turn by the way?
U-turn's main use was to scout for the opponents switch ins, and possibly see if they had Shadow Tag Aerodactyl, in which case I can't lock myself into Brave Bird. With the new team preview it's pretty much useless though I guess, I'd run Trick+Close Combat now.

As Feebas4ubers mentionnned the meta is gonna be more offensive (which i like) than it used to be but i think stall could still be played.
Anyway i already made some calcs about how powerful mega-mewtwo-x huge power is gonna be :
-252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 346-408 (114.9 - 135.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO (adding life orb cause without it it just doesn't kill it + i most of the time run life orb) this one is for Feebas4ubers :D
-252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Gengar: 367-432 (140.6 - 165.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 302-356 (85.3 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO (shadow sneak does 1% more) gotta love them speed ties
-252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Mach Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 390-460 (87.8 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
I only took priority moves(40 base power except espeed) on purpose to show how powerful it will be if mmx has the right moveset against you. Of course this can be stopped by wonderguard but let's be honest people are gonna run 6 of them with different movesets so having a WG that counters one of his mmx won't really help you.
As you can see both Giratina and Aggron gets 2HKO'ed. I wouldn't say it walls them. MMX can just switch out on King's shield, and next time it comes in something dies. I believe Mega-Mewtwo-x will be incredibly over-centralizing, but we'll see I guess. Also note how them being physically defensive means no special bulk which is pretty bad.

Fur Coat is a good ability and all but... Stall team are usually hardpressed to find a slot for it, since Giratina and Aggron generally need Magic Bounce (Taunt says hi), Prankster, or Shadow Tag to be fully effective. Also, if you want to counter Huge Power Mewtwo with a stall team, you often end up being destroyed by MegaGar, who now OHKO/2HKO all your Wonder Guarders because they don't run SDef EVs. If you have to forego your Prankster Topsy-Turvy for Fur Coat, it will 6-0 you after SS. Also "non-Uber worthy" WG (read : Swampert, etc.) are a lot less effective with team preview + lack of 252/252/252 defensive EV. I guess you can run WG MegaTwoX to counter another HP MegaTwoX, but still.
Wonder Guard Mega-Mewtwo-x is not a counter, Play Rough destroys it. As a side note I don't think Shadow Tag is necessary on stall, but the playstyle is severely nerfed regardless, and possibly not viable.

inb4 HO teams with 3 MegaTwoX, 3 MegaGar.
Not the best idea...

I'm expecting Aerialate Rayquaza to be the new Refridgerate Kyurem-b, or at least gain popularity.

manu 11

Hm mega-gengar is gonna be so bad since shadow sneak huge power OHKO him. If you want mega-gengar to work you need to predict a switch of your opponent to a poke that won't kill your mega-gengar (a wg or just something slower, which means not prankster or mmx). Also taunt in hackmons, probably 5 people on the hackmons ladder use it i don't think that's a problem. Same goes for shadow tag, without the bulk most good shadow tag pokes are just pretty bad now.

As you can see both Giratina and Aggron gets 2HKO'ed. I wouldn't say it walls them. MMX can just switch out on King's shield, and next time it comes in something dies. I believe Mega-Mewtwo-x will be incredibly over-centralizing, but we'll see I guess. Also note how them being physically defensive means no special bulk which is pretty bad.
The thing to notice was that mega-aggron COULD survive a cc from huge power life orb mmx, i mean you obviously won't switch mega-aggron on mmx(except if you know the opponent doesn't have cc/drain punch). Also in my calcs i used knock off, don't forget on second turn it loses power since gira won't have an item which means gira isn't 2OHKO'ed and can recover. About the special bulk, just use another poke that will compensate for that(use assault vest or just some good defensive poke) and even if you can't find one let's be honest even if you have giratina ev at max or not, mega-gengar will always destroy him (except prankster).

I'm expecting Aerialate Rayquaza to be the new Refridgerate Kyurem-b, or at least gain popularity.
Hm no...
252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza: 331-390 (94.3 - 111.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
And since mmx is faster it will espeed first. Not to mention that rayquaza aerilate is totally walled by fur coat (even though you guys seem to think it's bad xD)

Hm mega-gengar is gonna be so bad since shadow sneak huge power OHKO him. If you want mega-gengar to work you need to predict a switch of your opponent to a poke that won't kill your mega-gengar (a wg or just something slower, which means not prankster or mmx). Also taunt in hackmons, probably 5 people on the hackmons ladder use it i don't think that's a problem. Same goes for shadow tag, without the bulk most good shadow tag pokes are just pretty bad now.

The thing to notice was that mega-aggron COULD survive a cc from huge power life orb mmx, i mean you obviously won't switch mega-aggron on mmx(except if you know the opponent doesn't have cc/drain punch). Also in my calcs i used knock off, don't forget on second turn it loses power since gira won't have an item which means gira isn't 2OHKO'ed and can recover. About the special bulk, just use another poke that will compensate for that(use assault vest or just some good defensive poke) and even if you can't find one let's be honest even if you have giratina ev at max or not, mega-gengar will always destroy him (except prankster).

Hm no...
252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza: 331-390 (94.3 - 111.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
And since mmx is faster it will espeed first. Not to mention that rayquaza aerilate is totally walled by fur coat (even though you guys seem to think it's bad xD)
252+ Atk Life Orb Aerilate Rayquaza Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 273-322 (77.3 - 91.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO it doesn't need much prior damage, but I guess you're right. Aerilate Mega-Aerodactyl is very likely to be a thing though.
And when it comes to knock off, keep in mind that Play Rough is a common move as well. My point being, nothing switches to Mega-Mewtwo-x, now even less than before.

Also, thoughts about King's Shield Mega-Gengar over Spore as a filler move to survive Shadow Sneaks? Could that be viable or will it just be a bad gimmick?

manu 11

252+ Atk Life Orb Aerilate Rayquaza Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Mewtwo X: 273-322 (77.3 - 91.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO it doesn't need much prior damage, but I guess you're right. Aerilate Mega-Aerodactyl is very likely to be a thing though.
And when it comes to knock off, keep in mind that Play Rough is a common move as well. My point being, nothing switches to Mega-Mewtwo-x, now even less than before.

Also, thoughts about King's Shield Mega-Gengar over Spore as a filler move to survive Shadow Sneaks? Could that be viable or will it just be a bad gimmick?
Pay rough does 40-48% on giratina fur coat :) just admit it's good AND that you can switch on mmx safely
(inb4 3 mmx in 1 team and one being a no guard) <.<
About king'shield, indeed that's a good solution since spore isn't really needed anymore. Though i think that mega-gengar in general is gonna be less popular. But i must admit it could help him a lot.

Following up on what manu said. uh, the most important thing about the set below is the defense EVs and Counter. The defense is low enough that I can oneshot a jolly mega mewtwo x without life orb. The point of this setup is to ohko huge power mega mewtwo x.

Giratina @ Lum Berry
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 251 HP / 252 Atk / 90 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Counter
- Heal Order
- Aromatherapy
- King's Shield

Adamant MMX with Life Orb:
252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Play Rough vs. 251 HP / 90 Def Fur Coat Giratina: 295-348 (58.6 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Adamant MMX without Life Orb:
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Play Rough vs. 251 HP / 90 Def Fur Coat Giratina: 227-268 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 34.4% chance to 2HKO

Jolly MMX with Life Orb:
252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Play Rough vs. 251 HP / 90 Def Fur Coat Giratina: 270-318 (53.6 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Jolly MMX without Life Orb:
252 Atk Huge Power Mega Mewtwo X Play Rough vs. 251 HP / 90 Def Fur Coat Giratina: 208-245 (41.3 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Last edited:

manu 11

People ran King's Shield in BH over Spore due to the popularity of Kyurem-B coming in after the Smash. However, these MMXs might adapt and run Spore if Gengar starts running KS (as did Kyu-B in BH).
Or even sucker punch, i forgot to mention it in my post but if mega-gengar doesn't run spore/dark void anymore you can use sucker punch and be sure to hit/make mega-gengar switch.

Following up on what manu said. uh, the most important thing about the set below is the defense EVs and Counter. The defense is low enough that I can oneshot a jolly mega mewtwo x without life orb. The point of this setup is to ohko huge power mega mewtwo x.

Giratina @ Lum Berry
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 251 HP / 252 Atk / 90 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Counter
- Heal Order
- Aromatherapy
- King's Shield
i like that set though i would change aromatherapy for curse or whirlwind because if you face any special attacker they get one free turn.

Sorry for double post, but when it comes to shedinja the only item imo that is really viable on high ladder, is lum berry. This is because the only reason you would run Shedinja on a serious team, over something like Wonder Guard, is because of its ability to switch in on Huge Power Mega-Mewtwo-X without fearing a super effective move. Lum berry allows it to take on variants using sacred fire.
i beat flint with one of those

also since they seem intent on changing everything about hackmons they might as well just delete using megas w/o thier stones to since they dont work in game without them

Last edited by a moderator:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
also since they seem intent on changing everything about hackmons they might as well just delete using megas w/o thier stones to since they dont work in game without them
Except you can hack them into the game, no evolution/stone required.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I am just so blown away by all of this that I took a break and played Metagamiate. I won like 4 out of about 15 battles, the best being: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/metagamiate-154356559. "stoppes" I laugh every time I read that. Uselesscrab said he "can't play standards to save his life" but I discovered that I can't play anything near standards, as I always have this tendency to use Shedinja, Absol and Klinklang. XD Sort of reminds me of this other team I have, which is OU and abuses the potential of Band Retaliate Staraptor, but everything else sucks (yes, I'm pretty sure it does have an Absol). I fought like 6 Monotype battles-with two different teams!-and have yet to win. Anyway, in Hacks Zoom Lens Sub Sheer Cold Wonder Guard is a gimmicky strategy but I'm confident it has a chance against a team of Mewtwos, especially tricky types (Hoopa?).

Ok, I am just so blown away by all of this that I took a break and played Metagamiate. I won like 4 out of about 15 battles, the best being: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/metagamiate-154356559. "stoppes" I laugh every time I read that. Uselesscrab said he "can't play standards to save his life" but I discovered that I can't play anything near standards, as I always have this tendency to use Shedinja, Absol and Klinklang. XD Sort of reminds me of this other team I have, which is OU and abuses the potential of Band Retaliate Staraptor, but everything else sucks (yes, I'm pretty sure it does have an Absol). I fought like 6 Monotype battles-with two different teams!-and have yet to win. Anyway, in Hacks Zoom Lens Sub Sheer Cold Wonder Guard is a gimmicky strategy but I'm confident it has a chance against a team of Mewtwos, especially tricky types (Hoopa?).
I'm pretty sure Sheer Cold ignores accuracy boosts :/

(And yeah, I've had similar experiences playing things like Metagamiate)

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
i just dont see the point of changing the ev limit. its not like were using these pokes in wifi battles. why change a unique aspect of hackmons for really no reason?
Because hackmons is based on the limits of wifi battles that you can have with friends. We already had this discussion in BH.

manu 11

whoa sir this is a hackmons thread not an in game hacking thread
The changes that could happens are related to game hacking actually.
Also you reminding us what this thread is about is pretty ironic considering your first post in this thread.
PS : you deleting your post 10 minutes after i answer you is actually hilarious XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)