XY UU UU nastypass team

Hey guys, firstly I'd like to say thanks to everyone who is taking the time to read and help me out! This team has served me well, giving me a record of 81-30 despite me making a lot of misplays when starting out! This team peaked at #27 on the UU ladder with a rating of ~1650.

This main goal of this team is to get to a position where we can nastyplot and pass it off to one of our two sweepers with togetic.

The Team

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Defog

This is the guy that makes the magic happen. From looking at the set, it looks (and indeed is) absolute taunt bait. However, this is a very rarely seen pokemon in UU and I believe surprise factor has helped a great deal in allowing it to baton pass a nasty plot incredibly reliably. Usually Togetic will come in on defensive/choice locked mons such as blissey or hydreigon, allowing it to get off a free nasty plot. This gives our opponent 1 chance to switch to a taunt user, but they will almost always try and status it or switch into a mon they think will 1 hit ko it. The problem with that is that this thing is incredibly bulky and almost nothing can ohko it; for example:

252+ Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Togetic: 237-279 (75.7 - 89.1%)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0+ SpD Eviolite Togetic: 258-306 (82.4 - 97.7%)
252+ SpA Mega Blastoise Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 0+ SpD Eviolite Togetic: 130-154 (41.5 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Obviously we are hoping to never be taking these hits, but it just goes to show the sheer bulk on both defensive fronts. Another counter often employed is to switch into a trick user, however obviously when NPing on the switch we manage to baton pass out on the trick and our set up sweeper is good to go.

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Protect
- Giga Drain

This is the best candidate to receive a baton pass in most circumstances, with unbelievable coverage and power this thing will sweep whole teams at full hp at just +2, and if it gets any stronger,priority attacks will almost certainly be needed to survive. air slash does great in the current UU meta, and can even help as a last ditch flincher when a special wall is summoned. However, if yanmega does make it to +4 SpA, even blissy and florges are 2 hit k0'd by air slash. Bug buzz is the obvious secondary stab, and the ability to go through substitutes comes in handy when mons think they can set up on a nasty plotting togetic. Giga drain ensures the bulky waters which are oh so common in UU are taken care of, as well as helping to ensure an extra hit or two by recovering HP to reduce the effects of life orb. Protect is for the obvious fakeouts and also to scout priority moves to help decide which mon to switch into if needed. It should also be known that this thing is incredibly powerful and successful even without a nastyplot, and is always worth keeping around.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow ball
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast

The beautiful thing about alakazam in this team is that togetic is such a slow baton passer that he will never take damage switching in, as the opposing pokemon will almost always attack togetic first. This leads to us having a focused sash monster capable of hitting special or physical defensive with great speed, coverage and a giant special attack stat. This means we are always getting off atleast one powerful hit, but more than likely 2 or a complete team sweep if brought in at the right time. Psyshock is to hit any special walls such as florges and blissey, with the former being ohko'd and the latter having a chance to ohko with stealthrocks at +2. energy ball is a necessity as swampert, crocune trying to set up on togetic and mega blastoise are all threats which would be otherwise problematic. focus blast is great for hydreigon and absol specifically, and also provides a high power neutral attack if our stab is resisted. although I toyed with dazzling gleam (to take on dark types w/o relying on focus mean) instead of shadow ball, I find the latter superior to ensure we are not walled by victini chandelure and azelf.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast

So, now we have discussed our special sweepers it's time to take a look at the physical threats. Rhyperior is a great pokemon, and with the above spread is able to tank incredibly well. Furthermore, dragon tail ruins set up mons such as curselax, cofagrigus and defensive stalemates such as mega aggron and hippowdons, possibly shuffling them into something which gives us another turn to wreak massive damage with earthquake and rockblast. Another massive advantage of rhyperior is that rock blast always catches the ever so common sash galvantula lead, ensuring an attack is not possible. After this, a water type such as slowbro or suicune comes in, where we can immediately switch to togetic and defog the sticky web away. In the worst case scenario where we face a life orbed energy ball galvantula, we still survive and kill it in return, giving a positive trade in our favour. Rhyperior is great with togekiss as electric types such as ampharos and specs raikou are stopped immediately if a volt switch is attempted, and even a HP ice or dragon pulse do a mere 35 and 50% respectively, whilst we can pose the threat of a super effective earthquake. Although no investment rhyperior similarly succeeds in tanking physical hits, such as surviving and return killing a life orbed lucario closecombat. This bulk on both sides means rhyperior will almost always be a constant annoyance during the game.

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Trick
- U-turn
- V-create

I will admit, wanting to give victini banded adamant V-creates was something I did without little though, just because of the pure power. However, I found this came with an extreme benefit; ohkoing mega blastoise most of the time. Mega blastoise is a huge problem to my team, especially since it is the most used mon in the tier. Whenever I see a mega blastoise on the opponents team (but no galvantula) I always lead with victini and almost always they will stay in. Adamant nature really isnt a problem because we still outspeed important threats such as nidoking, and the extra power definitely makes a difference. Common switch ins such as hydreigon take up to 80% from v create and even mega blastoise cannot take two. trick is used to cripple walls such as alomomola without the need to predict. whilst u-turning on mons such as hydreigon and slowbro provide easy access for togetic to get up a nasty plot whilst delivering hard damage.

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

The final mon fits perfectly with its teammates as togetic victini and rhyperior are magnets for a knock off, which despite absols frailty it takes extremely well and gets a scary attack boost. Furthermore, yanmega, victini and togetic despise stealth rocks and status, both of which can be magic bounced if absol has already evolved. Knock off hurts common switch ins such as florges so that my special walls can beat it later in the game. superpower is for the dark mons that like to come in on a knock off, such as hydreigon and (no longer being scarfed) get killed. sucker punch is great for the faster threats such as scarfers, but also helps to get crucial damage that will allow yanmega to sweep later in the game. Absol is also capable of sweeping itself if a swords dance is achieved.

Thanks again for reading. I am really pleased I made a team that did decently on the ladder, despite some luck. I really believe this team could peak even higher if used by a better player, so I look forward to hearing any criticisms and improvements I could try, as well as your own experiences if you decide to try it out!

~shifty

edit: I'm well aware I'm a giant newb and the attached files make me look stupid, but I didn't know how to insert the images, apologies!

Attachments

Bump any help? I feel like a different mon with rapid spin could be useful so I could put an attack on togetic and not get rid of my own SR. Not sure which one might synergise well with this team though, or indeed who I'd switch out. Any help would be appreciated.

:( still nothing? found out I have a pretty big mienshao weakness with no good switch ins unless I predict correctly, and even less so if it is not choiced. Furthermore, as for most teams nidoking smacks all of my mons, although rhyperior can take a hit from full, so maybe I need something to check that. I was considering making my whole team special, giving more mons which I could pass to, such as a scarfed exploud like hilarious uses. any suggestions for swaps/improvements would still be appreciated. I managed to get 1683 elo/rank 18 with this team recently :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)