XY RU Building around the T-Rex! Need help on finishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a team built around the based T-Rex, Tyrantrum. What's cooler than a T-Rex? Nothing. Before I start please note I'm new to RU and still learning the tier. I've only played 8 serious games in it and that was on the current suspect ladder. So the way I built this team is quite simply by opening up the viability ranking thread and checking for threats and what mons to use, and so I may not be aware of what can run through it and what cores can totally wall it.

Physical Sweeper - TYRANTRUM

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance

I opted for the D-Dance sweeper set simply because I wanted to wreck with this guy. Lum Berry was chosen so it's not insta-crippled by burns and allows it to continue in its sweep. The EVs are very simple and I opted for Adamant nature for the power and after a D-Dance it should outspeed the whole tier. Also, I was told common scarfers still outspeed it at +1 even if it has a Jolly nature, so there was pretty much no motive to run Jolly. Stone Edge was chosen for the natural STAB and to nail top threats like Moltres, Delphox and Abomasnow. Earthquake was next for the wonderful Edgequake combo and to help it muscle through mons like Registeel, Rhyperior and Eviolite Doublade. I didn't opt for Dragon Claw because I figured it would be redundant to run it with Ice Fang. There aren't many dragons in the tier anyway, and Ice Fang, thanks to Strong Jaw, is only a small power drop. Also, it nails Eviolite Gligar if it tries to wall it and defensive walls like Amoonguss.

Tyrantrum is slow and so doesn't like staying in on bad type match ups as it can easily be outsped and potentially KO'd. So I opted for Escavalier as my next mon since it covers many weaknesses Tyrantrum has. The dinosaur is weak to Steel, Fairy, Dragon, Ice, Fighting and Ground. Escavalier resists the first 4 of these and can hit back hard.

Bulky Nuke - ESCAVALIER

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Drill Run

This guy supports Tyrantrum really well, and hits just about anything in the tier extremely hard. It can switch in on most attacks aimed at Tyrantrum and take miniscule damage thanks to its great bulk. I opted for Choice Band over Assault Vest for the power, and to punish switches further, along with helping to break walls. Megahorn was chosen as its a very powerful STAB move and OHKOs walls like Slowking and threats such as Meloetta. Iron Head was the other STAB and takes out Ice and Fairy types who give Tyrantrum trouble. The extremely spammable Knock Off was chosen to punish the switches and break stall/walls, especially Eviolite holders like Doublade. Drill Run is for other Escavalier and annoying mons like Drapion and Dragalge. 240 HP since there's no reason to run Speed. Max Attack for the power and a bit of Speed creeping.

This guy is outsped by literally anything so any fire type instantly KOs thanks to its 4x weakness. I needed something for the most threatening fire types in Delphox and Moltres so I chose AV Slowking.

Offensive Wall - Slowking

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

This guy takes care of Delphox and Moltres who can ruin me pretty easily. The bulk provided by Assault Vest coupled with its already great Sp.Def is unreal. This guy is a wall who hits back hard and can recover its health for free just by switching out thanks to Regenerator. He offers many switch ins to specially offensive mons and can be used as a pivot switch to regain momentum. Often, he can switch out with even more health gained than damage took. Scald is to nail Fire types who ruin Escavalier's day, and to spread burns on physical mons. Psyshock is the other STAB and helps against fighting types like the pesky hitmons. Also makes it not deadweight against Amoonguss. Flamethrower and Grass Knot were I believe the best coverage options. There is a bit of speed creeping, but other than that the EVs are straightforward.

252 SpA Delphox Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 100-118 (25.5 - 30.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252+ SpA Slowking Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Delphox: 240-284 (82.1 - 97.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If the damage from Grass Knot is above 30% then I know it's Specs so I can switch out and gain health back, Escavalier then comes in and uses the ever so spammable Knock Off.

I noticed mons like to use Knock Off on Slowking a lot so I decided to play this to my advantage. Not to mention it's weak to Dark - so Virizion is a nice switch in here for the free Attack boost.

Wallbreaker - VIRIZION

Virizion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

This guy is really useful in helping me take down bulky waters like Alomomola. It also nails Rhyperior and checks top threats such as Sharpedo. Also it can switch and KO Clawitzer who gives my team huge problems. After a Swords Dance, even physical walls can't tank it. Virizion's presence threatens Dark moves on Slowking, she also is fast so can provide a form of revenge kill - something my team currently lacks. Leaf Blade and Close Combat are great offensively and obvious choices, while Stone Edge helps it for Moltres and other Flying types. Swords Dance is to break stall. Virizion can also switch in to water type attacks easily. It doesn't like burns though so I may go Lum Berry.

That's my team so far and I'm looking for 2 more mons to help complete it. I can't decide which is the best option though. I'm looking for a rock setter and spinner/defogger. Also if there's any defensive cores that can currently wall my team or any top offensive threats I can't deal with yet, then I need my last two mons to deal with those. As said before though I'm new to this tier and I'm struggling to find the last two mons to balance out and complete this team. It would be nice to have a FWG core and Dragon-Fairy-Steel core :P. I'm only missing out on Fire and Fairy atm.

Here's a replay of testing the current team out to give an idea of how it works:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-154343406

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello dilwar, nice to see you're trying out RU!

However, this thread is for more or less complete teams to be improved on (posting an incomplete team is actually specifically stated to be against the rules iirc), so this thread will probably end up locked by one of the RMT mods. All you'd need to do to get it unlocked though is add two preliminary Pokemon that you think would fit well, then you should be pretty much good to go =).

just as a little help in doing that, hitmonlee (and fighting-types that can get around slowking in general) seem pretty problematic to you at the moment.

just as a little help in doing that, hitmonlee (and fighting-types that can get around slowking in general) seem pretty problematic to you at the moment.
Before this get's locked, I would suggest Defog Golbat as one of your members as it effectively mitigates your fighting weakness that Molk talked about and just provides general utility. Stealth Rock Gligar can also be used as well. Your team lacks any hazards at the moment.

closing this thread for the reasons above. if you need help with completing your team, there are many resources if you look at the rarelyused subforum. if you still want rating help, pm me with an updated version of your rmt once you've reviewed the rules and i'll reopen this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)