Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

These are the supposed leaks:

I think the strongest thing these leaks have going for them are the 3D renders I haven't seen anywhere else up to this point with shulk, Bowser Jr, Ness, and Duck Hunt Dog. Some have pointed out that the dimensions look inconsistant on the top screen character select and that the lines on the bottom screen are of different thicknesses for some reason (though the second one is partially explainable since Bowser is a player character and kirby has yet to be selected). I'd say this is the best put together leak so far if false, on par with that sugimori looking greninja art from when X&Y were coming out.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
If it is a fake, it's rather well done. One thing that strike me as odd is the layout of the character select screen. Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are off on their own rather than with their respective franchises. Speaking of which, I was at first very skeptical about these clones, but if they made Lucina, why would they not make other clones if it takes minimal effort to do so?

please let the Duck Hunt characters be playable please let the duck hunt characters be playable

If it is a fake, it's rather well done. One thing that strike me as odd is the layout of the character select screen. Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina are off on their own rather than with their respective franchises.
It's also unusual that Yoshi is right in the middle of the Mario crew, even though as far as Smash is concerned he's a separate franchise.
There's a bunch of other minor discrepancies that cast doubt on the whole thing. But all counter-evidence has a tough time standing up to those renders, which are apparently all unique.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I put TheMantyke's post in hide tags. In the event the leak is true, I don't want people who want to unlock the unannounced characters on their own to be spoiled. (It's easier to ignore text than it is to ignore photos.)

Stratos

Banned deucer.
other "reskins" such as dark pit and dr mario also appear lumped together with lucina. so it at least makes sense the way it's organized.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I'll be surprised if Ice Climbers don't return for this iteration, they still retain the coolest unique factor imo and it's hard to imagine them wanting to cut that out of the game.

They were having issues with Nana's AI or something due to limitations of the 3ds hardware. Perhaps the problem was big enough that they had to delay them to a DLC package, or possibly remove them completely. Presumably Luma is different, with simpler AI because you control most of its movements or something. It's also probably the reason they reworked Olimar to fight with 3 pikmin.

I'll be surprised if Ice Climbers don't return for this iteration, they still retain the coolest unique factor imo and it's hard to imagine them wanting to cut that out of the game.
I hope they don't come back unless the whole controlling 2 characters thing is heavily reworked. Having a 0% to death grab is so broken its a waste of a roster spot. Even in naruto revolution kiba and his dog were very overpowered because they worked similar to nana and popo.

Nintendo does hella DLC with this generation. Even X/Y have received a few patches.

I refuse to play a match against an ICs player that I know I will lose to. It's a matter of dignity.

Last edited:

Pic of the day. The 3DS version has an excellent Sounds collection! The design looks nice for a sound test screen, doesn't it? The font color for the "Remix" text on remixed songs comes in pink or white. The pink ones are songs arranged for this version of Super Smash Bros., while the white ones are remixes made in earlier Smash Bros. games. This means there are reoccuring songs from past releases.

(Comment 1)

Choose your songs and play with features on the bottom screen. You can listen to character voices, too. One of the new highlights for this feature is the "Play in Sleep Mode" option in the upper right. If you turn this on, you can listen to the tracks with your headphones even when your Nintendo 3DS is closed. The L and R Buttons will let you skip tracks. This means you can use it as a portable music player. Enjoy listening to the tracks you love by putting all songs in loop, shuffle, or selecting your favorite tracks!!

(Comment 2)
In Smash Run, the background music plays randomly from the songs you select from the track list. This means you can customize your own song lineup!! Usually each stage has two tracks-which makes for a lot of songs on its own-but as a bonus, we've added more songs for you to enjoy in Smash Run and in the Sounds area.

(Comment 3)
By the way, here's another music announcement!! You can now listen to some of the tracks on the official website. We're planning to add more tracks a little at a time, so stay tuned. www.smashbros.com

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)