XY OU Granbull, Let it riiip! Looking for some changes!

First of all, I want to apologize for my English. I´ve never studied and I will make a lot of innocents errors.

This is my first team since 3rd Gen. back in time, Slakoth was a huge threat =P I started with Vaporeon, because its my favorite pokemon, but I feel my team have a lot of flaws. I appreciate some advices (including changing some pokemons). Thank you for your time =D

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Normally I start with this mon. Its my favorite, have a nice defensive status, toxic to walls/things that vap don’t take care/just to annoy. Wish supports the team, etc etc. I got a lot of good results in PS with this thing.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Protect

Before I choose heatran, I felt my team has a big problem with fire. Before I put Jellicent, I was using a Mega-Venusaur. Heatran gives me Roar, which is very important to stop DDs, SD, Calm Mind, etc… Now i´m using Stealth Rock, but in game I don’t see much damage with SR. Don’t know if another move its better; Air Baloon for don’t take EQ.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Love this guy! Takes fire, gives me WoW to creepy Physical Attackers, taunt works really well against Ferrothorn, Gourgeist, or anything annoying. Recover to last more in the battle and Scald just for the STAB. Considering change for Shadow Ball.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Pretty basic Dragonite set. I have an 5IV shiny in my 3ds, so I really like this guy. Weakness Policy + Multiscale + DD makes a HUGE damage. I Had some battles that Dragonite takes down 5 pokemons D:
I don’t know if can change Earthquake, looking for some improvement.

MagnezoneLeftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP252 SpA84 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Substitute
-Hidden Power Fire
-Flash Cannon
-Thunderbolt

Well, almost a standard Magnezone. I really like the 2 stab attacks + his huge SpAtk base power. HP Fire for steel trap (wich works really well, of course) and i´ve changed Choice + volt switch to Substitute + Leftovers. It´s working really good with predict. normally i can hit hard beside substitute.

Granbull @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave/Toxic/Super Fang

This last spot its a pain in my ass! i´ve tried Mega-Venu, Mega-Chomp, Klefki, and now i´m trying Granbull because the fairy type and this amazing atk power. i really don´t know what mon i can change here, i´m open to anything lol.

What i´m having Problem:
* Gliscor - can´t take down this threat! seriouslly, i lost a lot of game because Gliscor
* Dont have any coverage for Psychc, Fairy, Dar, Flying, Fight and Water (of course it´s hard a pokemon have only one type of these)
* Rotom-W - Can take down, but i take a lot of damage and i need various predicts.

Well, I appreciate any suggestion, any tips, anything =P
Really, sorry about my English, but I guess you guys can understand.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Hey there, nice team first of all!

However, I don't really like Jellicent's presence. It doesn't seem to do much for you except open up more weaknesses or fail to cover what's present. It could drain Fighting weakness away from Magnezone, but then so do Granbull and Dragonite and Vaporeon sure isn't afraid of a physical hit or two. It can Wish those off. Anyway you've got a glaring weakness to Thundurus, especially one running Knock Off and Superpower, or any combination of those along with STAB Thunderbolt and HP Ice. I'm thinking you would benefit greatly from Venusaur and, if you can get Venusaurite, Mega Venusaur.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Mild Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

This set is designed to offer quite a bit of Mega Venusaur's raw bulk so that you can survive whatever Thundurus throws out. This set is primarily to outspeed threats like Mega Mawile and Azumarill - both of which could turn your team upside down if Magnezone is out of the equation. However this also debunks most of what Thundurus has to offer - Knock Off can't touch Venusaurite, Superpower will do next to nothing, and Thunderbolt is resisted. Venusaur also has more than enough bulk to shrug off an HP Ice and retaliate with an incredibly strong Sludge Bomb. It does require being able to play around the opponent because Thundurus is predictable but has a lot of options so if you play wrong, it could spell the end.

That's all I have to say for now so good luck fren

Hey there, nice team first of all!

However, I don't really like Jellicent's presence. It doesn't seem to do much for you except open up more weaknesses or fail to cover what's present. It could drain Fighting weakness away from Magnezone, but then so do Granbull and Dragonite and Vaporeon sure isn't afraid of a physical hit or two. It can Wish those off. Anyway you've got a glaring weakness to Thundurus, especially one running Knock Off and Superpower, or any combination of those along with STAB Thunderbolt and HP Ice. I'm thinking you would benefit greatly from Venusaur and, if you can get Venusaurite, Mega Venusaur.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Mild Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

This set is designed to offer quite a bit of Mega Venusaur's raw bulk so that you can survive whatever Thundurus throws out. This set is primarily to outspeed threats like Mega Mawile and Azumarill - both of which could turn your team upside down if Magnezone is out of the equation. However this also debunks most of what Thundurus has to offer - Knock Off can't touch Venusaurite, Superpower will do next to nothing, and Thunderbolt is resisted. Venusaur also has more than enough bulk to shrug off an HP Ice and retaliate with an incredibly strong Sludge Bomb. It does require being able to play around the opponent because Thundurus is predictable but has a lot of options so if you play wrong, it could spell the end.

That's all I have to say for now so good luck fren
Thank you mate! i´m trying now with this Venusaur and i´m having good battles!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)