useless trainer's

Hey studio people! I realized only just now (2022) my first post is just a picture dump without any intro at all.
So here it is! I'm useless trainer, a professional lurker on both PS and Smogon, who occasionally likes to draw/play with pixels
Lurking here on Smogon has become more frequent now, so i'm also gonna try to keep this thread alive with new fuel and not let it die for 6 years again!
I mainly like to draw with a pen/pencil and paper, but I've been trying to get closer and closer to digital mediums. Right now I'm still just scanning and tracing my physical drawings, rather than drawing directly in digital (we may get there eventually, idk) , and both coloring and shading are something i'm still trying to improve at (drawing itself was a given, since i believe that as long as someone keeps drawing, they will eventually improve).
Feedback is always welcome!
Disegno libero_20140818_220207_01.jpg
Disegno libero_20140820_190354_01.jpg
I don't even know if i'm doing this right, but i hope i am
Disegno libero_20140820_104305_01.jpg

Last edited:

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
Hey these are really neat! The Dusknoir is my favorite, as I feel as though the Will'O'Wisps really tie the piece in together, and you also have noted the new lighting. Do you do these digitally, or by crayon or pastel or what ahahah? I can't really tell. Anyways, if you have any questions about the Studio or Art in general shoot me a PM :)

Welcome to the Studio!

I actually made these with my father's samsung galaxy idontknowwhat, using the crayon function, but i started only recently. What i'm really trying to do is to get better with irl crayons, i'll post one of my recent drawings when i'll be back home (and hey, i could try using pastels again). I'll surely ask you if i have any question, thank you for your warm welcome!

ook, so i kinda wanted to update this thread to add something different from the other 3 things i have here:
The masks
mask1.jpg
i wanted to use an owl as base for this one, and i like the result
mask2.jpg
this should've been a lion or something, i don't really like the lower part but whatever

The day i discovered i could draw flowers and plants in a certain manner
discovery.jpg

so huh, the drawing started from an eye being the seed from which a hand sprouted, but it was pretty plain (the chess pieces aren't related, but i wanted to draw them anyway)
idread.jpg
this was pretty random too, i don't even know if the plants i decided to draw do exist or not

School was killing me please understand
drawing.jpg

this happened when i thought "let's try representing hope", and so i decided someone with nothing left would be the ideal subject.
i made art.jpg
this is kinda the opposite, i wanted to draw a background to make it easier to understand but heh
the base idea here was greed, so why not make it look similar to hunger? it's similar, but at the same time you can tell there's something similar to an illness in the reason that guy is crawling

tfw couldn't find a drawing i really like

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
OK so you told me to check up on this...here I am! :-)
One like Regime, I like the use of colored light in both your Dusknoir and Froslass pics. One thing I noticed though is that the forms are defined a bit vaguely and could use some sharper rendering (especially in dusknoir's case).
Of course, this probably has a lot to do with the drawing all's brushes (?)

Looking at your drawings of flowers, people, etc., one thought comes to mind: try using stocks or reference photos for IRL objects/ life forms, especially humans, because even a slight mistake regarding proportions or perspectives can result in a something that looks off. honestly, these are all pen drawings so I can't say much about how you work with proportions and the like in bigger pieces n-n anyways, keep up the good work man, I especially enjoyed the flowersand the representation of hope :-)

I may have worded some of this weird but yeah I need sleep

No problem man, and yeah, i really, really need to use some references (i.e. the face looks really flat and is missing a huge part of its forehead)
As for the size in pen drawings, i may have to sketch the bigger ones with a pencil, so i can fix them whenever, thanks a lot!

I think the fact that some of the lines are undefined (Such as with dusknoir) is actually pretty cool, and when I looked at it it seemed intended.
Something about it just makes it more dark and mysterious, blending into the shadows but still there and still looking awesome.
Maybe it's because I really like the art style, I dunno.

Kek, thanks, the fun thing is that, while i like the main element blending with the background, lately I've not been able to draw stuff like that at all, so I've been focusing mainly on sketches and stuff. I could also try getting the same feeling on my PC with muh drawing tablet. Thank you!

machamp 2022 banner.png

Back, at least for now
I made this for an event in italiano on PS!, but since we didn't discuss the deadline clearly (my bad, since as a roomauth in there myself i should've focused more on the topic) it never got used, might still be usable after a bit of fixing

omnimm.png
seregios sprite.png

these two are respectively a digimon (omegamon merciful mode) and a monster from the monster hunter series (seregios)

back to sleep for the next five years

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)