F1 2014

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
The rumours are true :O

Tony Fernandes has Sold Caterham to a consortium led my Colin Kolles (Former HRT boss)

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/28129627

Interesting move, but I don't rate Colin Kolles at all, he's run down every team hes been part of. Maybe Caterham's pace will get better... But I don't think it will with Colin at the helm. I think it may be the last we see of Caterham F1.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Holy wow what a race :o

Hamilton from the pitlane and ending up third... Not bad bro. Helped by the safety cars of course, but still a very impressive drive, especially to hold off Rosberg at the end on dead tyres.

What a fantastic result from Ricciardo too. Strong drive if I ever saw one, got lucky with the SC and going on to the CORRECT tyres (Yes I'm looking at you McLaren). good decision to go for the extra stop with 16 laps to go get him out on fast new tyres and then the relentless pursuit of Hamilton and Alonso as their tyres dropped away. Finally good tactics from Ferrari too, trying to go for the win in a season where it really does not matter for them where they end up.

Great racing througout the field, shame about the safety cars. Ericssons was an exeptable mistake, Grosjean's was not. Perez did a good job of wrecking his car after going onto the damp astroturf, a crash which almost befell Vettel at the same corner... He was incredibly lucky to get away with it. I could barely watch the last ten laps as Rosberg and Ricciardo hunted down the ailing Ferrari and Mercedes ahead... Alonso managed to JUST keep it on the road and Hamilton's robust defence was outstanding.

I have no idea why Rosberg wanted Hamilton out of the way earlier in the race when he wasn't even inside DRS range... If it had been half a second or so, then fine go for it. But over a second? No way.

Yes indeed, what a race... though as a Vettel fan this is getting really embarrassing... Vettel was faster all weekend and I got my hopes up but then boom this happens... yeah okay the first safety car ruined the leading quartet of Rosberg/Bottas/Vettel/Alonso and Ricciardo got lucky but Alonso still finished 2nd despite that >_> Vettel where are you, come back soon.

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
On Dutch news today they confirmed that Max Verstappen (almost 17 now) will race for Toro Rosso next year, this would make him the youngest driver in F1 history.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's unprecedented, but we will see if its a good move. Can't really comment on it now but man, he wasn't even born when I started watching Formula 1.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
I'm not sold on Max. I heard the only reason he has a race seat is because Red Bull didn't want Mercedes getting hold of him. Markko just said "Then we will give him Drive". And that was the end of any negotiations. Race Seat > All.

In other news Kamui Kobayashi has been bopped out of Caterham for Andre Lotterer for this weekends Grand Prix. It's such a shame cause Kamui is such a brilliant racer and deserves a lot better than what he gets. I hope he finds a drive somewhere :(

Either way Belgian grand Prix this weekend. One of my favourites and a favourite of the drivers too. I'm expecting RB to be exceptioanlly quick in the middle sector as always, but be slow in the first and last (due the massively high speed nature of the track). Mercedes power will be even more suited to Spa and Monza with their huge power advantage. Force India could also spring a surprise as Spa has been one of their best tracks for a number of seasons.

At the mid way point of the season, the only real outright star for me has been Ricciardo. Driving above and beyond what anyone expected. I can't wait to see the next few years where him and Bottas will be fighting for championships!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
Let's hope Jules is OK :(

I am pretty happy there is no footage of the crash available, and FOM are keeping tight on what footage there is. Sutil looked so worried in the interviews he gave after the race, they should of just called it off at the magic 75% lap number. Seemed the most logical thing to do.

All we know about vettel is he is leaving Red Bull, nothing else as of yet. He says hes not running away, but he is really, it's pretty obvious. Alonso is heading to McLaren most likely too... That'll be an interesting pair.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
HUGE BUMP

Mecredes won Constructors... No Surprise there. Who do you guys think is going to end up winning the Championship? Balls sort of in hams court now, just has to finish second to Rosberg and it's GG.

I also wonder how Mercedes are going to go about this engine freeze. I've been seeing lots of back and forth recently... I don't know why the other manufacturers want to open up the rules... When Mercedes themselves Benefit from that too. How are you going to catch a moving set of goal posts? They will put in just as much money as Renault or Ferrari in order to stay ahead?

Looks like the McLaren Honda is going to be on the track soon too. 100km of testing is allowed, but it's more of a shakedown test to make sure its all working as one unit.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)