2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, fuck having to watch the game on the computer when no one else is playing (at least official games). It's like ESPN doesn't have the rights for Monday games or something, I dunno.

Also, Rojo to Man Utd. Props to him after the pleasant surprise he was in the World Cup since it's definitely an improvement, but ugh. He's reinforcing the enemy (not as much ManU as Van Gaal).

Edit: Lol, third goal while I was typing this. Stupid me complaining .–.

Edit 2: Nice rabona Hazard. Better luck next time, but those are always welcome.

Last edited:
Glad Man U are signing Rojo as he is definitely not of the quality they desperately need. Hope they get Blind too. Those players should comfortably put up a good fight for 6th place.

"Diego Costa is better than Agüero and Falcão" - MOURINHO, José.

cant say i disagree, though, i find falcao pretty overrated. DC has a lot of amazing traits; he shouldve fucking played for brazil, though @_@. glad chelsea won even despite the weird defending on burnley's first goal too

More Mourinho shit talking. Costa is really good but if we are talking fully fit I'd rate Suarez, Ibra, Falcao, Aguero, RVP over him, probably Lewandowski as well.

lol.... only thing this proves is Costa is better then Torres

Rojo? we got him for 16m and a Nani free year \o/, and quality is wait and see, did decent at the WC

The response to Burnley's goal was great and I hope to see more of it in the current season.
Courtois being the #1 is, imo the right decision and now the club has to get him to sign that extension.

On another note DARE TO DEMBA

Can I just reiterate, I can't cope with seeing Fabregas like this... I might have to stop watching MOTD from now on... He's so beautiful yet so blue... D':

Good start by Napoli then started to use long balls for Higuain.
Bilbao are certainly worth their lead atm.

Also DARE TO DEMBA

Edit: Napoli played better in the second half and certainly had their opportunities to win this match but were extremely wasteful.

going to be a hell of a second leg but I hope Bilbao win and people get to see their stadium on a Champions league night.

Last edited:
so apparently falcao is back on since Madrid cant buy him cos of FFP. We need a talismanic forward before the end of the window, simply put. Although sterling great form and sturridge's good start i think even if we didn't get anyone we could still score enough, we just need to stop conceding as much. (lovren is exactly what we needed)

Arsenal didn't play too bad tonight, it was certain players who had ridiculously bad games. Koscielny was very poor, Cazorla still has unbelievable magical feet but is now getting more and more careless with many misplaced final passes, but Giroud is on another level. He was legit useless. Gervinho territory. You might as well not have him in the team because everytime you pass to him he gives it straight to the opponent. I just have to say again that Giroud is a mid table striker at best, he is not good enough of a footballer plain and simple. Alexis though had his best game so far. He had so many tricks and he was the outlet everytime being extremely threatening. It's just everytime he passed to Giroud you could just sense the disappointment. Kinda like the vibe I got from Ozil when he first signed last year. I can't wait for when Sanchez plays up front instead, he would be so much better, like an Aguero or Suarez possibly if he gets himself stronger. Oh and Ox was a livewire as usual when he came on, it's time he got in the first XI, he's an absolute menace when he runs at people. And lastly Chambers had another great game, I think everyone has been waiting for him to screw up at some point like when Jenkinson first signed but he's not had a single bad game since signing and he's been by far our best defender.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Alexis can definitely play completely upfront. Has done it for Barca during clutch league periods and very many times for Chile.
Brilliant adaptive fucker.

They still need a top level holding midfielder, their choices are Flamini (good not great), Wilshere (not good enough defensively, inconsistent), Arteta (weak defensively and getting too old).

Fernando would have been perfect for them and to that team worth double the 12m City paid for him.

I still think shoving Carzorla or Ozil out on the left to accommodate the other is a waste of their talents as well.

Arsenal have flirted with Javi Martinez and Schneiderlin this summer but I think the asking prices were too high for Wenger as they are not his first choice. His first choice is Lars Bender, they'll probably go for him next year.

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Liverpool have £16m fee for Mario Balotelli accepted by AC Milan as striker prepares for Premier League return
Liverpool will win 2014

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Khedira would've been perfect for Arsenal but his wage demands were a deal breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)