ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys, can we stop with anything to do with the patch? We literally have 0 idea why GameFreak does anything at this point.

Any continued posting about the patch will be deleted.

Can we please go back to the video that was posted earlier:

And talk about the contents of this? It's nice to see the Acro Bike return and the Cycling Road get a huge overhall (and be a bit wider). It might be a lot easier to set speed records down it now without bumping into things. Also Fortree City looks ace. I am a little confused why you are allowed to ride a Bike across a wooden rope bridge but hey! Why not. Not like GF have ever cared about cycling safety (your character never wears a helmet).
No helmets because caps/fancy hats must be worn all the time.

Pre-ordered Omega Ruby yesterday :D

I'm big on visuals, so I'm honestly most excited to see the redesigned routes/buildings.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Pre-ordered Omega Ruby yesterday :D

I'm big on visuals, so I'm honestly most excited to see the redesigned routes/buildings.
I am Team Alpha Sapphire (I played Sapphire in Gen III plus I find Archie and Shelly good-looking) and like you, totally did a pre-order. Granted, the only reason I bothered to pre-roder was becuse someone (I think here or some other Pokemon-centric forum) noted Black Friday is not that far off following their release.

As for the bikes, I was afraid yet not surprised they would return. If I had to describe one of the more annoying things about Hoenn, it had to be those bikes since I found myself flying to Mauville often for it. I am curious to see how the difficulty of the Sky Pillar will become since we can now move in eight directions instead of the usual four.

Another short trailer surfaced. This time showcasing Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre using their "signature moves". It doesn't say the name of the moves but it shows them in motion.

EDIT with Source: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/oras/pokemon/03.html and http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/oras/pokemon/04.html

EDIT 2: I did more digging and found a similar video from a month ago. Judging from mine and everyone's reactions, we've never actually seen the trailer footage. So it could have flew under the radar all this time. What's important now is what all this confirms. These are signature moves.

Last edited:
If I had to guess, these moves would very obviously have to be STAB... but I'm thinking Kyogre's in particular would be an upgraded Freeze-Dry, considering they'd most likely want to show a super effective hit OHKOing the opponent.

Another short trailer surfaced. This time showcasing Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre using their "signature moves". It doesn't say the name of the moves but it shows them in motion.

EDIT with Source: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/oras/pokemon/03.html and http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/oras/pokemon/04.html
Oooo these are so beautiful!

For a quick Japanese translation the important lines are the colored text under the source videos:

The top line describes the move visually. It translates like: "Water [some word i don't know] comes from Kyogre and hits the opponent.
The middle line is the important one it says "What the heck is this move!?"
the bottom line returns to the hint we've already been given and says "The ability seems to be powered up too!?"

The middle and bottom lines are identical for Groudon and the top line just give a visual description for Gorudon's move.

So even beyond the totally incomparable animations the actual Japanese text is posing the question "what the hell are these moves?" as if they are something new we don't yet know. So yeah 101% confirmation that these are new moves.

And while we're looking at the beauty I want to comment that I'm super into the way Kyogre turned a dark blue when it goes primal. Along with the glowy Primal energy it just gives the monster even more of a "Deep Sea" feel and that a huge part of what I love about it.

Kyogre's signature move reminds me of a water type Psyshock.

I hope that updating about the moves specifically implies that they'll talk about the Primals in more detail this corocoro
That would be an issue I'd like to see in the next one too. There's so many unknowns about these besides being another form of mega evolution.

If I had to guess, these moves would very obviously have to be STAB... but I'm thinking Kyogre's in particular would be an upgraded Freeze-Dry, considering they'd most likely want to show a super effective hit OHKOing the opponent.
Interesting. I don't have sound through my current device. Is there an audible "super effective hit noise" in the video? If not they may just be displaying legnedaries beating on their same-typed starter counter parts for the constancy of it. Since Groundon is nailing Blazekin with a move that could easily be either Fire or Gorund type... (maybe both like Flying press?)

EDIT: the closest thing to signature moves for Kyogre and Gorundon in the past (Eruption/ Water Spout) were Water and Fire moves. Primal Groudon is now Fire type and the Japaense text above the source videos dedicates some time to how Primal Groudon now can better abuse his Fire type attacks. Based on all that I would be inclined to bet this new move is Fire type over Ground type. (it also just has a better "elemental" duality sound to it for legendary things to be Fire and Water)

I do agree with Noel Lopunny and other people who have said so in the past that by its animation Kyogre's move looks quite similar to Psyshock or Psystrike but with water. More so than it looks like Freeze Dry anyway. The competitive implication of a special based water attack that targets physical defense on the games most dangerous water type pokemon is tempting but I'll resist the urge to go there... lol

Last edited:
On November 21/28 there will be the new Remakes Pokémon Omega Ruby und Alpha Sapphire. One of the things I like most about Hoenn is the map. GF released a new artwork of the map with a lot of new features. In the past games things like ice covered some parts of the map, in Hoenn there are clouds.

GF also announced some new Pkmns like Slowbro, Lopunny and Audino which didn’t exist in the original games.

So I was studying the map for a while and noticed a lot of differences to the “old” Hoenn map…

Question: Have you seen anything new on this map? Which parts of the map will change most, or will there even be a new part of the map like the Sevii Islands in FireRed LeafGreen?

I have noticed a lot of things and marked them on this map here:
Hoenn_map marked.jpg

Some are obvious, like the fact that Mauville City is in a powerhouse or that there is a gigantic purple cloud.

But here are the other things I noticed:

- On Route 119 is covered with clouds, so one reason could be that it will get a totally new design like we’ve seen in the trailer.

- clouds are covering the part of the map where the Battle Frontier was in Pokèmon Emerald. Will there be a Battle Frontier again (I hope so much:) )

- On Route 114 it looks like there are some woof of meteorites, maybe we can change the forms of Deoxys here. This would mean that we are able to get Deoxys in ORAS <3

- I also noticed some caves which didn’t exist in RS. I can’t see it exactly but I think there are two entrances in Dewford Town. There seems to be also a cave on the mountain in the middle of the sea routs. Do you think it has something to do with the story?

- As we have seen in the trailer, the Gym in Fortree City looks different, so every Gym will have its own design.

- On the new map the Abandoned Ship on Route 108 seems a lot bigger, but this doesn’t mean that it has anything to do with the main story.

- May people said, that the purple cloud should cover an important part of the map, where we will get the new forms of the legendary. But for me it looks like its float above Mt. Pyre. Mt. Pyre is also known as a kind of the end of live, and the Cave of Origin as the origin^^

- One interesting thing I noticed was that Ever Grande City is now really a city and not only a pokèmoncenter. Another city that is redesigned isSootopolis City. It has a kind of an “T” way in the middle, so I think you haven’t to surf anymore, if you want from the pokèmoncenter to the marked.

- But the thing I found most interesting was Route 130. It totally seems to have a new design where you can dive and also some new dry paces to walk on. On the top of route 130 there is an island, I think it’s the Sky Pillar with a new design. But here’s the thing I like most on the whole new map: the little island at the right corner of route 130! What is this? Is this the place where we’re going to find Lopunny and these pokemons? All the other routes are surrounded by stones, but at the end which points to the battle frontier is a beach which seems to be not surrounded by anything! Will there also be a new Route under these clouds, which guide to the Battle Frontier or any other unknown place?!?

I’m so excited to play these games <3 :v4:

What I'm hoping for is that Groudon's is a 100 BP Ground/Fire version of flying press and Kyogre's is a 100 BP water version of Psystrike, but there's not enough to really make an educated guess, so idk.

- On Route 114 it looks like there are some woof of meteorites, maybe we can change the forms of Deoxys here. This would mean that we are able to get Deoxys in ORAS <3
The meteorites have been present in every game since Diamond and Pearl. This is no more a sign of getting a Deoxys here has it was in those games.

Also, welcome to Smogon.

Last edited:

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Oooo these are so beautiful!

For a quick Japanese translation the important lines are the colored text under the source videos:

The top line describes the move visually. It translates like: "Water [some word i don't know] comes from Kyogre and hits the opponent.
It means Water Pillar. Or like a stick thing.

On November 21/28 there will be the new Remakes Pokémon Omega Ruby und Alpha Sapphire. One of the things I like most about Hoenn is the map. GF released a new artwork of the map with a lot of new features. In the past games things like ice covered some parts of the map, in Hoenn there are clouds.

GF also announced some new Pkmns like Slowbro, Lopunny and Audino which didn’t exist in the original games.

So I was studying the map for a while and noticed a lot of differences to the “old” Hoenn map…

Question: Have you seen anything new on this map? Which parts of the map will change most, or will there even be a new part of the map like the Sevii Islands in FireRed LeafGreen?

I have noticed a lot of things and marked them on this map here:
View attachment 22531

Some are obvious, like the fact that Mauville City is in a powerhouse or that there is a gigantic purple cloud.

But here are the other things I noticed:

- On Route 119 is covered with clouds, so one reason could be that it will get a totally new design like we’ve seen in the trailer.

- clouds are covering the part of the map where the Battle Frontier was in Pokèmon Emerald. Will there be a Battle Frontier again (I hope so much:) )

- I also noticed some caves which didn’t exist in RS. I can’t see it exactly but I think there are two entrances in Dewford Town. There seems to be also a cave on the mountain in the middle of the sea routs. Do you think it has something to do with the story?

- As we have seen in the trailer, the Gym in Fortree City looks different, so every Gym will have its own design.

- On the new map the Abandoned Ship on Route 108 seems a lot bigger, but this doesn’t mean that it has anything to do with the main story.

- May people said, that the purple cloud should cover an important part of the map, where we will get the new forms of the legendary. But for me it looks like its float above Mt. Pyre. Mt. Pyre is also known as a kind of the end of live, and the Cave of Origin as the origin^^

- One interesting thing I noticed was that Ever Grande City is now really a city and not only a pokèmon center. Another city that is redesigned is Sootopolis City. It has a kind of an “T” way in the middle, so I think you haven’t to surf anymore, if you want from the pokèmon center to the marked.

- But the thing I found most interesting was Route 130. It totally seems to have a new design where you can dive and also some new dry paces to walk on. On the top of route 130 there is an island, I think it’s the Sky Pillar with a new design. But here’s the thing I like most on the whole new map: the little island at the right corner of route 130! What is this? Is this the place where we’re going to find Lopunny and these pokemons? All the other routes are surrounded by stones, but at the end which points to the battle frontier is a beach which seems to be not surrounded by anything! Will there also be a new Route under these clouds, which guide to the Battle Frontier or any other unknown place?!?
I'm going to try and cover my thoughts on this.

Just because Mega Evolutions have been revealed for Slowbro, Lopunny, and Audino doesn't necessarily mean the base Pokemon will be available in game.

Yeah, I doubt Route 119 is redesigned much. The clouds seem to have more to do with the almost constant rain the route receives.

There might be, there might not be. It might just be the Battle Tower, which undoubtedly will include added battle modes for Triples and Rotation. Surely, they're going to remain tight-lipped for a while yet about what is there.

Of course Deoxys will be obtainable in ORAS! All ya gotta do is transfer it up to Poke Bank and you can play with it/change its forms. Though I'd love for there to be a Deoxys event for gen 6 in North America, I'm not going to hold my breath that there will be.

It's possible, but there still seems to be just the one entrance to Granite Cave.

I suppose the Abandoned Ship is larger? Could be a possible place to tuck away a Mega Stone or two if they wanted.

It's very possible for there to be legendary Pokemon included that weren't present in the originals, and the darkness could certainly be hinting at something.

Um...Ever Grande doesn't seem all that different from just looking at the two maps...and I'm doubtful they'd really want to split the PC and Marts again. It's a little hard to tell what exactly we're looking at in Sootopolis thanks to the mouth of the volcano it resides in.

Those spots to the very south of the map are almost definitely new. Maybe we need to chase Lati@s to one of these spots like we needed to chase the Kanto birds to Sea Spirit's Den? Maybe this is where we find the key and hold items for gen 4-5 legendary Pokemon, with some NPC that can teach Relic Song and Secret Sword? Heck, one of these could be where Regigigas is chilling out until you bring the golems to it for all we know.

Um...Ever Grande doesn't seem all that different from just looking at the two maps...and I'm doubtful they'd really want to split the PC and Marts again. It's a little hard to tell what exactly we're looking at in Sootopolis thanks to the mouth of the volcano it resides in.
There's a screenshot that shows the Poké Marts were their own buildings again:

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
it would be a good postgame area, wild clefairies and gastlys and jirachi has been infected with a virus you need to cure. in both games the virus turns out to be deoxys, but in sapphire you cant catch it and jirachi joins your party out of gratitude. in ruby you can catch deoxys and jirachi does not join you

edit so this doesnt take up a new post: fingers still crossed for secret planets instead of secret bases

Last edited:
Someone in the old thread asked for a translation for this video ...

If someone already did that or if another translation got uploaded somewhere (I guess there should already be an official english translation out there, but whatever), no need to read this at all. As there isn´t anything important said in that video and feel lazy right now, I´m only doing a recap about what´s being said.

For those who´re curious about what´s being said:

Junichi Masuda introduces himself, welcomes the guests to the fair and asks if the pokemon fans liked Pokemon X & Y.
Then he starts focusing on the new games.

After the "Hoenn confirmed!" part, he talks about that the inspiration for the Hoenn area was the japanese island of Kyushu,
where his grandparents as well as a large part of his family lives, and that, because of that, he often spend his summer holidays there.

Then he´s talking about various activities he did back then (swimming in the sea, catching fish, camping in the mountains
as well as searching for bugs and stuff like that) and that, for him, Kyushu is a special place where he could always feel
like he´s one with nature.

Some stuff about his great memories about the days when he made Ruby and Saphire and then some details about the production
of the new games (about putting Shigeru Ohmori in charge of the project, ecetera. well known stuff). After that an explenaion why he put Ohmori in charge.

Ohmori appears himself and explains some somewhat unimportant stuff about how happy he was to be put in charge of
that project.

Ohmori then starts talking about that he wanted are familiar with the original game to feel right at home, but that at the
same time, he adjusted some parts of the game (especially the story) as to allow for new discoveries. Some basic list
about the new additions follows (new mega evolutions, new Groudon and Kyogre, improved secret bases and "much more")
so that even Veteran players don´t get tired of the game anytime soon. Some additional fluff about wishing new players
to be happy with the game, too, and, soon after, they introduce a new mega evolution most people likely didn´t expect at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)