Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does memento get reflected by magic bounce? I know on the server it does not, but I'm curious if that is actually how the ability works. I know PS gets reflected, which is hilarious btw.

Whatever happened to the Warstory section? I haven't been very active around here since earlier in Gen 6, but it seems the warstories are gone.

Does memento get reflected by magic bounce? I know on the server it does not, but I'm curious if that is actually how the ability works. I know PS gets reflected, which is hilarious btw.
No, Memento is not affected by Magic Bounce/Coat, even on the cartridge.
Also, if Parting Shot is reflected by Magic Bounce, both effects are bounced for some reason. The user of PS has its stats lowered and the target of PS is switched out.

Oh cool, activity on this thread hooray.

Anyway, I'm making a sand team on a cart. My current team members are Specially defensive ttar, Evasion Garchomp, CB Scizor, Mega mawile and Overcoat mandibuzz. However, I have an extra slot which I'm not sure how to fill.
For the time being, I have a Special Sweeper Greninja, but it seems kinda awkward in the team... could someone give me ideas? Note that I don't have access to pokebank, so the pokemon must be available in kalos.
EDIT: fuck man could someone answer this question.
I'd say a Magic Guard Alakazam would fill the same space as Greninja but not take sand damage. Probably Timid/Modest, 252 SpA/252 Spe/6 SpD (or whatever) with Psychic/Dazzling Gleam/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball or whatever coverage moves you like for WiFi. Hand it a Life Orb, a Focus Sash, a Scarf, or some Specs.

Minor question. What Landorus-T nature has the most potential sets? I'm going to RNG a Landorus, need to decide on a Synchronizer. Thought to ask here since this is the competitive forum.

Minor question. What Landorus-T nature has the most potential sets? I'm going to RNG a Landorus, need to decide on a Synchronizer. Thought to ask here since this is the competitive forum.
Basically all of them are Adamant or Impish, for offensive and defensive sets, respectively.

Jolly and Naive are also options, Jolly for the Scarf set, Naive for the Mixed set with Hp Ice.

What's the most common Mew EV spread? I'm want my Gliscor to outspeed Stallbreaker mew(If I don't have to make huge investiments on speed)

I want advice on the last slot of my party for a battle spot team i'm making so it consist of talonflame, garchomp,mega manetric, and aegislash. LF a wall or staller that works with the team. what should i have on my team? Thanks.

What's the most common Mew EV spread? I'm want my Gliscor to outspeed Stallbreaker mew(If I don't have to make huge investiments on speed)
Most Mew run 252HP/104Def/152Speed Bold. This is so Mew is able to outspeed jolly Mega Heracross and burn it; the rest goes in bulk.
Mew hits 274 speed with this spread.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh cool, activity on this thread hooray.

Anyway, I'm making a sand team on a cart. My current team members are Specially defensive ttar, Evasion Garchomp, CB Scizor, Mega mawile and Overcoat mandibuzz. However, I have an extra slot which I'm not sure how to fill.
For the time being, I have a Special Sweeper Greninja, but it seems kinda awkward in the team... could someone give me ideas? Note that I don't have access to pokebank, so the pokemon must be available in kalos.
EDIT: fuck man could someone answer this question.
I'd say a Magic Guard Alakazam would fill the same space as Greninja but not take sand damage. Probably Timid/Modest, 252 SpA/252 Spe/6 SpD (or whatever) with Psychic/Dazzling Gleam/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball or whatever coverage moves you like for WiFi. Hand it a Life Orb, a Focus Sash, a Scarf, or some Specs.
Don't use Scarf or Specs; Alakazam's already fast enough and likes being able to switch moves. Sash or Life Orb are the way to go, but I'd personally use Sash since it prevents you from dying from [insert any priority attack here].

248 HP / 4 Atk / 136 SDef / 120 Spd that's probably the best EV spread for Mew. EVs in Speed allows to outspeed things like Jolly Breloom / Bisharp and wisp them because they Knock Off / Spore you, 248 in HP to take less damages from SR and the rest to be as bulk as possible in SDef.

Question regarding breeding mechanics. I always breed (try to) for perfect IVs, and I'm wondering if there is a CLEAR CUT BEST way to do it. Any suggestion is helpful, I've been breeding for a while and I believe that my current method is time consuming and could be easier. Thanks!

Question regarding breeding mechanics. I always breed (try to) for perfect IVs, and I'm wondering if there is a CLEAR CUT BEST way to do it. Any suggestion is helpful, I've been breeding for a while and I believe that my current method is time consuming and could be easier. Thanks!
There's no "BEST" way. You have to rely on the dice rolls mostly. But a 6IV Ditto would help ^^

Yeah that's what I figured. It just takes a long time and can be annoying, especially with hidden abilities, egg moves, etc. Where could I find a Ditto with 6 IVs?
The only reasonable way to get a 6IV Ditto legitimately in-game is through Friend Safari. Any pokemon found in FS will spawn with at least 2 perfect IVs. So you then have a (1/32)^4 chance (about 1 in 1,000,000) to find a wild 6IV Ditto. The chance of finding a 5IV Ditto is 4/32^3 = 1/8192. If you insist that the imperfect IV must be of a particular stat (say Atk if you are breeding a SAtk-based pokemon), then you have a 1/32^3 = 1/32,768 chance of getting such a Ditto.

The odds are very low. I was actually lucky enough to find a 4IV Ditto in the Friend Safari, which has a 6/32^2 chance (or about 1 in 171) of occurring. So that's sort of reasonable to search for. If you manage to get two 4IV Dittos, whose perfect IVs cover all 6 stats, then it should speed up the breeding process quite a bit.

edit: You can also ask to trade for a 6IV Ditto, but you should be forewarned such Dittos are almost certainly cloned/genned. It's possible, yes, to have found one in the wild, but the odds are just negligible.

The only reasonable way to get a 6IV Ditto legitimately in-game is through Friend Safari. Any pokemon found in FS will spawn with at least 2 perfect IVs. So you then have a (1/32)^4 chance (about 1 in 1,000,000) to find a wild 6IV Ditto. The chance of finding a 5IV Ditto is 4/32^3 = 1/8192. If you insist that the imperfect IV must be of a particular stat (say Atk if you are breeding a SAtk-based pokemon), then you have a 1/32^3 = 1/32,768 chance of getting such a Ditto.

The odds are very low. I was actually lucky enough to find a 4IV Ditto in the Friend Safari, which has a 6/32^2 chance (or about 1 in 171) of occurring. So that's sort of reasonable to search for. If you manage to get two 4IV Dittos, whose perfect IVs cover all 6 stats, then it should speed up the breeding process quite a bit.
Chaining with Pokeradar would give better odds, if you're good at that. It's been too long since I've played on cart so I don't remember the exact details, but the minimum possible IVs increases at certain intervals in the chain. I want to say it was +1 guaranteed 31 IV every 20 mons in the chain, capping at minimum 3IV at >60. Idk, all I remember is getting a huge pile of 4IV Dittos and three 5IV ones (and one shiny 4IV!) from a 100some chain.

edit: You can also ask to trade for a 6IV Ditto, but you should be forewarned such Dittos are almost certainly cloned/genned. It's possible, yes, to have found one in the wild, but the odds are just negligible.
Yeah that makes sense. I don't have much access to friend safari, and I don't have a normal type friend unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)