Gen 6 XY Ubers Teambuilding Compendium

I really like that you made this thread Edgar, it is very helpful to those getting into the Gen 6 Ubers meta :]

Not to mention, I am also even more glad that Arceus-Fire/Poison have been considered options as Xerneas checks. I have been using those two for that reason :]

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Edgar fren, add amongus AV on Kyogre switch-ins and Defensive pokemon

puede ser check de xern igual, pero algunas llevan psychock o.o
the biggest problem with that is
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Amoonguss: 200-236 (46.2 - 54.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Amoonguss in Rain: 186-220 (43 - 50.9%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

two very unappealing calcs that really aren't helpful in "checking" kyogre. I suppose it can switch in comfortably on scarf ogre, but that's the only ogre set that amoong can switch in on (it does nothing to resttalk variants). Because of that I wouldn't really call amoongus as an ogre check

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Edgar will Diancie be added as a Ho-Oh check and SR setter and defensive mon, despite it being relatively new and the meta having not adapted to it? I also noticed that Excadrill appears twice in Offensive mons and Mewtwo appears twice in defensive so you might want to fix that (Maybe one of the Mewtwo was supposed to be MMY?)

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Whimsicott, Arceus-Ground and Arceus-Ghost in priority? I'm not sure if that Arceus signifies all Arceus or just Arceus-Normal :)
Whimsicott gets prankster, so while it isn't priority like espeer or the like, it still is priority. and Ghostceus can function with extremespeed, albeit not as good as with brick break. Groundceus is also relatively solid with espeed, but I only rarely play grounceus so

Hey, thank you so much for making this, it's really been a big help. Just one small nitpick, kyogre isn't listed as a defensive pokemon, but I was under the impression it was a solid wall with rest talk, scald and roar. Again thank you for making this, it's been a big help!

Edit: Nevernind I'm an idiot. I even double checked

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, thank you so much for making this, it's really been a big help. Just one small nitpick, kyogre isn't listed as a defensive pokemon, but I was under the impression it was a solid wall with rest talk, scald and roar. Again thank you for making this, it's been a big help!
I'm p sure it is...

If things like Lugia are allowed as Xerneas checks, why isn't Ditto there too? I mean, I'm pretty sure Ditto can't KO a full health Xerneas, but I don't believe Lugia can check Xerneas without Multiscale, either. Not to mention, it can check ExtremeKiller too, if also iffily.

edit: fuck wasn't reading earlier posts

Last edited:

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, why isn't Dialga listed as a Kyogre switch-in? Takes less than 50% from Scarfed Water Spout, deals decent damage and can scare it away.

252+ Atk Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 348-410 (76.3 - 89.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 156-186 (34.2 - 40.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 210-248 (57.6 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

^Backing that with calcs; Metagross can switch in on the geo, tank a Focus Blast while attacking with Meteor Mash, and finish with Bullet Punch. It's pretty solid.

Thanks, sorry I totally forgot to put calcs. I used to use this set all the time, I believe it's Edgar's, which is why I thought it was weird Metagross wasn't on here.
Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 136 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
mence for hazard removal
gyara for stallbreak
and while we're at it, ban magikarp

Salamence's only (shitty) niche is access to defog - it receives 1/4 HP damage from Stealth Rock, and has laughable stats and support movepool that pale in comparison to Arceus or Giratina or hell, even Scizor-Mega.

Gyarados for stallbreaker I can agree with tho.

yeah i guess gyara isnt that great of a stallbrreaker, but if you are gonna put mence on defensive pokes, then it should IMO also go to hazard removal too

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Just a minor thing, but could we link the viability list in the OP? Iirc I see Iceceus in some of the categories (could be flyceus) but regardless its good to show new users that certain Pokemon are better suited for certain roles (I.e. Landorus-T usually outclassing Groudon in terms of Stealth rock setting.) In addition, a support category would b nice. Although its not a necessity for a team, tbf, neither are defensive pokemon as HO is stil prtty common as a playstyle. Support mons also provide excellent utility and clerics like sylveon could fall under tbat category as well. Also I apologize for my atrocious spelling I'm on the phone atm

Just a minor thing, but could we link the viability list in the OP? Iirc I see Iceceus in some of the categories (could be flyceus) but regardless its good to show new users that certain Pokemon are better suited for certain roles (I.e. Landorus-T usually outclassing Groudon in terms of Stealth rock setting.) In addition, a support category would b nice. Although its not a necessity for a team, tbf, neither are defensive pokemon as HO is stil prtty common as a playstyle. Support mons also provide excellent utility and clerics like sylveon could fall under tbat category as well. Also I apologize for my atrocious spelling I'm on the phone atm
So you're basically saying Defensive Pokemon are not needed because you can just run Hyper Offense? I don't really get what you're trying to say to be honest lol. As for your other statements, I myself don't believe in the viability rankings (hence why I try not to post there) and for the support thing, I swear I explained why there isn't a list in some post of page 1.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
So you're basically saying Defensive Pokemon are not needed because you can just run Hyper Offense? I don't really get what you're trying to say to be honest lol. As for your other statements, I myself don't believe in the viability rankings (hence why I try not to post there) and for the support thing, I swear I explained why there isn't a list in some post of page 1.
Oh there is that post. Whoops.
And I'm saying that you wouldn't put a support mon list because it wasn't a necessity. And although defensive pokemon are good and players should use them, they aren't always necessary on a team, as playstyles like HO usually dont use them. However they do requisite a category more than support pokemon, which i understand. And the reason I said to link the viability rankings (personally I dont believe in them either) is that some of the pokemon here, like rhyperior, require more support than others to use, and it would he unfortunate for a new player to use it incorrectly (although hopefully they could change rhyperior once they realize it isn't working for them.)
My point is you said no to categorizing support pokemon because they don't need to be used. However, playstyles like balance (and even some HO) could really use support Pokemon, and in my opinion its slightly harder to find a good support pokemon, as they usually don't have outstanding stats, but moves. It would just be nice to have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)