Project The Next Best Thing (New thread is newer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Imma try and end voting in about 17.5 hours (aka give you 48 hours total to vote), but I may be late, so deal with it ;o

Durant @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Crunch / Superpower
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor

This set focuses on durant's ability to pivot out a lot of threats and bring in counters on mons such as if they go into Mola go into virizion, scarf can also be used because fast momentum is cool.

Last edited:

Durant @ Liechi Berry
EVs: 12 HP / 248 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Hone Claws
- Iron Head
- Crunch

Basically, this set capatilizes on Durant's ability to force out threats that are commmon in the current metagame, such as Cresselia, Reuniclus. Slowking, non Scarf variants of Meloetta, Aromatisse, and a good amount of other mons; this lets it set up a Sub and get a free Hone Claws boost; this also lets it avoid status moves such as Spore and Will-o-Wisp. The current EV spread lets it get the Liechi Berry boost after 3 Subs. As for the last two moves, they have good coverage together, hitting a large portion of the tier. X-Scissor should pretty much never be used, as Crunch hits pretty much everything relevant that X-scissor hits, as well as hitting Doublade (which is pretty damn important, considering it would wall it normally), as well as Jellicent.

Edit: Theoretically, Salac would be a better choice, but seeing as it outspeeds such a large portion of the tier and the only common scarfers are Meloetta, who it beats albeit taking a large amount of damage from Hyper Voice, and Moltres who takes a fuck ton from Crunch, and only barely lives an unboosted Crunch when rocks are up (and even then, Life Orb Moltres has been much more common than Scarf, although that's definitely not to say that Scarftres is bad lol), idt it's really worth it. also llamas a shit

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sub Hone Claws BP

Durant @ Salac Berry
EVs: 12 HP / 248 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Iron Head

Sub Salac Hone Claws Durant manages to work as a pretty good sweeper on its own, but this generation it finds many pokemon that totally wall its STABs or even a STAB move + a coverage move. Baton Pass attempts to alleviate this by allowing a secondary Physical Sweeper with better coverage clean up the opposing team. Hitmonlee is a very good partner to pass to because it appreciates the accuracy, speed and attack boost, as well as being ridiculously hard hitting and having good enough Special Defense to switch into moves that threaten Durant. Virizion is also a very good option as it is capable of taking on Alomomola with ease, and can utilize Swords Dance so it isn't completely reliant on the pass. The EVs get you into Salac range after 3 Substitutes and Iron Head is the attack of choice because it hits everything and also muh flinch. Idk there are probably better sets, but everyone's reservations are 2 vague 4 me, which is why they are no longer allowed B).

Durant @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor / whatever
- Iron Head / whatever

Aw yeah Durant time. Anyways I used this set for a bit and can honestly say it does pretty well. The point of this specific Durant set is not to sweep yourself but more to let another Pokemon sweep with a speed boost from Agility. Anyways Agility and Baton Pass are pretty much the main things thaat make this set unique as it allows Durant to pass speed boosts to slower teammates. As for the last 2 moves I just chose dual STAB but these slots are pretty much replaceable by other moves. X-Scissor is useful for Pokemon like Slowking and Tangrowth who would otherwise wall you. Iron Head has a nice flinching chance and is pretty decent for hitting every Pokemon ever since there are no immunities to Steel. Other options for coverage could include Rock Slide which is decent but misses a tad too h without Hone Claws, Superpower which helps against Steel types but lowers your stats whch is not useful for Baton Passing, Thunder Fang whch helps versus bulky waters like Jellicent but is a tad weak and Crunch which helps against Pokemon like Doublade and Jellicent who wall your dual STAB but doesn't have much use otherwise. Leftovers is the item of choice for some survivibility but could be rplaced by the likes of Life Orb and Lum Berry. EV's could probably be optimized but max attack for power with Adamant since Agility boosts your speed anyways. Max speed so you arebn't slow as bricks before boosting.

Anyway the main draw of this set is to give speed boosts to slower Pokemon on your team. Most Pokemon can benefit from speed boosts in one way or another but the best teammates would include Pokemon like Druddigon, Clawitzer, Exploud and Mega Abomasnow who really apreciate a free Agility. Druddigon and Clawitzer in particular as they resist Durant his sole weakness of Fire. Now you may be thinking why would you run this over Combusken but Durant has it's niches over Combusken. Durant has an easier time with most phazers as Combusken can sometimes struggle with phazers like Rhyperior and Dragon Tail Slowking but Durant doesn't have problems with those. Durant also has a better unboosted attack and with Hustle which means he can take advantage of the boost quite well himself. Lastly the Steel typing is also useful for setting up as it gives Durant way more resistances.

Durant @ Leftovers
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Hone Claws

This is the first Durant set I ever made. Thunder Wave as a last effort move or to cripple anything (25% to do nothing is a solid status) while you have dual STAB and Hone Claws if it's not paralysis time. Hustle can be used instead if you don't mid the accuracy loss for harder hitting paraflinch shenanigans.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion

Durant @ Salac Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Endeavor
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor

Meet multitask Durant: It can clean your home flawlessly, cook fast and delicious meals at record times, dunk, use Substitute and Endeavor to weaken Pokemon that are commonly used to check it so something else can sweep Late Game, Baton Pass a Salac Berry or even clean up with Swarm boosted X-Scissor. It is the ultimate replacement for a housewife. It looks pretty funny on paper too.

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
Durant @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP
-Substitute
-Endeavor
-X-Scissor / Iron Head
-Crunch

You may be wondering "Why would I want to use Endeavor on an offensive Pokemon like Durant?" Well, the goal of this set is to lure in a wall like Alomomola while using Substitute, then Endeavor, bringing their health down considerably. Crunch is basically necessary on this set because letting Doublade come in for free is not a good idea. You may also be skeptical with the idea of using Substitute and Life Orb on the same set, but it's actually useful in bringing Durant's health down quickly so Endeavor will remove more health from the opposing Pokemon. The IVs/EVs may not be optimal, but I think you get the basic idea. I actually found a similar set from someone I was battling on the ladder, and I thought it was a brilliant idea, so I tweaked it a bit and voila!

Edit: Damn, two minutes too late.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
atomicllamas
his and galbia's are pretty much the same except his is actually a sub number

also llamas it's voting now you butt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)