OPEN DISCUSSION - Gym Concerns and Issues

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
If it wasn't clear enough, send in for semi-finals, Dummy007 and S0L1D G0LD. Either that or indicate that you no longer want to participate in the Water Qualifiers. Deadline for send in is a week from this post.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
What do we want to say about megas that lose their gym's typing upon Mega Evolution? Specifically I am talking about: Mega Charizard X (Flying), Mega Gyarados (Flying), Mega Aggron (Rock), and Mega Altaria (Flying). On one hand, all 3 (current) Mega Evolutions that change a type upon MEvoing are pretty good, and the Flying gym needs all the help it can get. On the other hand, it allows a gym leader to use a Pokemon in their gym that is not of their specialty type. This isn't an issue currently as neither the Flying nor Rock gyms are open, but it would still be nice to get a ruling.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mega forms are fundamental changes and are allowed in the gyms of which the Mega form associates. Flying cannot use M-Zard-X, rock cannot use Mega Aggron, etc

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As I understand there's been some personnel changes in those interested so please repost if you intend to compete for steel and we'll go from there

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Steel Quals will be dealt with in two rounds - 1v1's, then a Round Robin of 3.

The randomiser gave me the list:

1. ff7hero
  2. AOPSUser
  3. Mulan15262
  4. GemOfTheDay
  5. tavok
As such...

Round 1:

ff7hero vs AOPSUser
REF: Avnomke

Mulan15262 vs GemOftheDay
REF: Gale Wing Srock

tavok gets a BYE, and thus will have dreams involving Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia murdering him. For life.
If you can't read, this means that Tavok automatically advances to Round 2

Battle Rules:
STEEL MONOTYPE
DQ: 48 Hours (Break once and be warned, break twice and instant DQ)
Arena: ASB Arena
Items: ON
Abilities: ALL
Switch: OK
Substitutions: 2
Recoveries: 2
Chills: 5

Format is either B5P3 Singles, or B6P4 Doubles. Choose amongst yourselves. Likewise, choose number of Megas amongst yourself. If you are unable to choose between yourselves, then I will do so for you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)