Hoenn 2.0

It's worth noting that very few evolution methods have been disallowed in each remake just because they didn't offer the facilities for it. FRLG didn't allow day/night only, though friendship was locked until aftergame HGSS didn't allow location-based evolutions but actually allowed everything else, albeit you could only get dusk/dawn/shiny/whatever stones in the aftergame. The only evolution methods introduced since then - unless I'm missing something from Gen 5 - are Inkay, Sylveon and Pangoro. They've already shown Amie exists, you can easily have a dark type in your team and something makes me doubt the 3DS' gyroscope will be locked.

It's worth noting that very few evolution methods have been disallowed in each remake just because they didn't offer the facilities for it. FRLG didn't allow day/night only, though friendship was locked until aftergame HGSS didn't allow location-based evolutions but actually allowed everything else, albeit you could only get dusk/dawn/shiny/whatever stones in the aftergame. The only evolution methods introduced since then - unless I'm missing something from Gen 5 - are Inkay, Sylveon and Pangoro. They've already shown Amie exists, you can easily have a dark type in your team and something makes me doubt the 3DS' gyroscope will be locked.
Also, Eevee, Inkay, and Pangoro are not in the original Hoenn Dex, so those evolution method don't seem likely to be locked. And I do think all of the evolutions will be available in the main story due to evidence of the Hoenn Dex numbers allowing room for everything from Gen III Hoenn to have their full evolutionary lines as of Gen VI, even Magnezone and Probopass.

Also, Eevee, Inkay, and Pangoro are not in the original Hoenn Dex, so those evolution method don't seem likely to be locked. And I do think all of the evolutions will be available in the main story due to evidence of the Hoenn Dex numbers allowing room for everything from Gen III Hoenn to have their full evolutionary lines as of Gen VI, even Magnezone and Probopass.
Yeah, for now, I think there's enough evidence for us to safely assume that all evolutionary relatives will be in-game - but that said, on the very slight chance they're not, do write up advantages the non-evolved form has, like give advantages for Magneton/Roselia (Eviolite?)

This one may seem weird but how would Vigoroth do.

While Slaking will probably be similar to how he was Vigoroth has gotten some new buffs. Vigoroth got a few new TM moves to play with like Shadow Claw and Rock Slide which could have it's already good coverage. However if Eviolite is obtained early game then maybe Vigoroth can be a good Pokemon on it's own. Vigoroth evolves from Slaktoh which used to be obtainable extremely early on and since it evolves early it will have great stats with Eviolite. Vigiroth like quite a few other NFE mons seems pretty interesting as Eviolite helped a lot of them. Other Pokemon that will also like the new Eviolite will be Machoke and Kadabra who will be solid for people who can't trade, Dusclops which will be an extreme tank, Golbat who can make a decent wally alternative to Crobat, Rhydon which will be like Dusclops but actually does damage and ofcours most Pokemon that have a late evolution like Exploud, Salemence and Armaldo.

Well, I wouldn't turn the eviolite into the in-game version of what people do to the assult vest and just slap it on everything and anything.

Good options to run it are Rhydon, Magneton, and Dusclops, because these 'mons are already pretty bulky and were good enough before they got evolutions. Vigoroth is a gray area because Slaking is more of a problem now then he was when RSE came out, so despite weak stats if you wanted to use the Slakoth line, evolite Vigoroth would be an option (I mean, if you really really wanted to).

Kadabra, Machoke, and Golbat, no. Kadabra's defenses are too weak to take any hits to begin with, so you want to evolve to Alakazam (which is easier now than in RSE) or if not, it would get more mileage out of a twisted spoon or mind plate. Putting a riot shield on paper mache' defense doesn't make a wall. Same with the other two but less so. These guys want to hit things, and hit them hard and fast (or just hard in Machamp's case). Roselia can at least hurt/heal with giga-drain, but probably would like to evolve to Roserade once she learns the moves you want.

This is assuming you want to keep the eviolite on them the whole game. Just until they evolve is always a good idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)