Big Super Hero Mafia - Game Over - Villains Win

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Super Hero Mafia has begun.

World has been taken over by the VILLAINS. They are the village in this game.

The
Justice League wishes to take down the villains, but they don't want to share glory with the Avengers. Similarly, the Avengers don't wanna share glory with the Justice League. These are the two mafia factions in the game.

Also there are some neutrals. There are 80 Aliases in the game. Half of them are Citizens of Earth NPCs. Half of them are actually playing the game.

I'm really, really sorry that the forums are not ready yet. I'm having trouble with the hidden board / PM'ing permissions. You'll be PM'd your Aliases in due time and will be given a link to the forums.

Role PMs are being sent to your Smogon Usernames right now.

UncleSam

vonFiedler
Pidge
moi
macle
zorbees
Walrein
Lady Salamence
ginganinja
Paperblade
Bass
Upside
reyscarface
Blue_Tornado
Celever
Slim Guldo
Eagle4
Ditto
penguin344
AOPSUser
Da Letter El
PokeguyNXB
soviet
THE_IRON_KENYAN
shade
Jalmont
imperfectluck
Dreamfyre
Nachos
Flamestrike
Aura Guardian
RODAN
Mithril
Outlaw
Photo
Agape
HauntedShadow
HD
Junko Enoshima
Hawkguy

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
[00:14] <LonelyNess> you wouldn't happen to have
[00:14] <LonelyNess> a list of the signups would you lol
[00:14] <LonelyNess> i never made one
[00:14] <UncleSam> i can make one
[00:14] <UncleSam> if you like
[00:14] <UncleSam> i dont have one though
[00:14] <LonelyNess> that would be great, I'll start giving role PMs
[00:15] <UncleSam> would you rather i compiled them all
[00:15] <UncleSam> or just typed them out here
[00:15] <UncleSam> as they are in the thread
[00:15] <LonelyNess> just type them here
[00:16] <UncleSam> UncleSam
[00:16] <UncleSam> vonFiedler
[00:16] <UncleSam> Pidge
[00:16] <UncleSam> moi
[00:16] <UncleSam> macle
[00:16] <UncleSam> zorbees
[00:16] <UncleSam> Walrein
[00:16] <UncleSam> Lady Salamence
[00:16] <UncleSam> ginganinja
[00:16] <UncleSam> Paperblade
[00:16] <UncleSam> Bass
[00:16] <UncleSam> Upside
[00:16] <UncleSam> reyscarface
[00:16] <UncleSam> Blue_Tornado
[00:16] <UncleSam> Celever
[00:16] <UncleSam> Slim Guldo
[00:16] <UncleSam> Eagle4
[00:16] <UncleSam> Ditto
[00:16] <UncleSam> penguin344
[00:16] <UncleSam> AOPSUser
[00:16] <UncleSam> Da Letter El
[00:17] <UncleSam> PokeguyNXB
[00:17] <UncleSam> soviet
[00:17] <UncleSam> THE_IRON_KENYAN
[00:17] <UncleSam> shade
[00:17] <UncleSam> Jalmont
[00:17] <UncleSam> imperfectluck
[00:17] <UncleSam> Dreamfyre
[00:17] <UncleSam> Nachos
[00:17] <UncleSam> Flamestrike
[00:17] <UncleSam> Aura Guardian
[00:17] <UncleSam> RODAN
[00:17] <UncleSam> Mithril
[00:17] <UncleSam> Outlaw
[00:17] <UncleSam> Photo
[00:17] <UncleSam> Agape
[00:17] <UncleSam> Haunted.Shadow
[00:17] <UncleSam> HD
[00:18] <UncleSam> Junko Enoshima
[00:18] <UncleSam> Hawkguy
[00:18] <UncleSam> (note that this list does not include askaninjask since he unsigned up a few minutes ago)
[00:18] <UncleSam> ps 40 signups right on the button
[00:19] <LonelyNess> lol nice

Just noting that UncleSam should be at the top (apparently LN found/replaced 'UncleSam' with '@'), and for whatever reason a few of the c/ps weren't exact (so, Haunted.Shadow wasn't tagged but rather another user with a similar name, etc.)

UncleSam

Leading this village
Hi everyone I am Thanos, holder of the Infinity Gauntlet

Logs of when I signed up from #super and PM with LN said:
[00:54] * Now talking on #supers
[00:55] UncleSam how many players
[00:55] UncleSam itg
[00:55] LonelyNess 40
[00:55] UncleSam gl getting that many xD
[00:55] UncleSam will it be played on anon forums
[00:56] LonelyNess yeah
[00:56] UncleSam also i request a village role that can lead
[00:56] UncleSam ie not bodyguard
[00:56] UncleSam (or the games equivalent)
[00:56] UncleSam finally, is there any chance you could stream postgame for LOTR mafia
[00:56] UncleSam or upload it
[00:56] UncleSam to youtube
[00:56] LonelyNess depends on the day
[00:57] UncleSam day is not decided
[00:57] UncleSam if you could do it then id work around your schedule
[00:57] LonelyNess yeah, I can do it
[00:57] LonelyNess it won't be on smogon's official channel though
[00:57] LonelyNess just on my own personal youtube
[00:57] LonelyNess that ok?
[00:58] UncleSam ya
[00:58] UncleSam thats tots fine
[00:58] UncleSam just so long as i can link it
[00:58] UncleSam in the thread
[00:58] UncleSam an yidea when you could do it
[00:58] LonelyNess hmm
[00:59] LonelyNess Mondays / Wednesdays / Fridays are best for me
[00:59] LonelyNess because I work trucks
[00:59] LonelyNess so I have the nights off
[00:59] UncleSam i could do monday
[01:01] * Andrew (I.Am@The.Best.Brownie) has joined #supers
[01:01] UncleSam i beatchu
[01:01] UncleSam snype
[01:01] -NickServ- Ajoin entry updated.
[01:01] Andrew at wat?
[01:01] UncleSam getting to this channel
[01:01] Andrew o
[01:01] Andrew it was posted 7 mins ago
[01:01] Andrew xD
[01:02] * LonelyNess has changed the topic to: No guarantees on requests, but i'll take them into consideration
[01:02] -NickServ- #wingerdinger has been deleted from the AutoJoin list.
[01:03] Andrew i am just going to spectate
[01:03] Andrew this one

In /query:
[00:57] LonelyNess do you want to be Thanos
[00:57] UncleSam thats the villain
[00:57] UncleSam in guardians of the galaxy
[00:57] UncleSam right
[00:57] LonelyNess villains are villagers
[00:58] LonelyNess well I mean he's just a big bad
[00:58] LonelyNess from marel
[00:58] LonelyNess *marvel
[00:58] UncleSam if his role doesnt suck
[00:58] LonelyNess he's going to get his own avengers movie
[00:58] UncleSam for leading
[00:58] UncleSam then sure
[00:58] LonelyNess it won't suck for leading you start out with <SNIP>
[00:59] UncleSam ah
[00:59] UncleSam coolio
[00:59] LonelyNess do you know anything about thanos
[00:59] LonelyNess your role is broken as fuck if you ever collect all the infinity stones lol
[00:59] UncleSam i saw guardians of the galaxy
[00:59] UncleSam but i can do research
Anyway, I will say that I have a role that starts out with a certain power that I will not reveal, but additionally I permanently gain powers via the infinity stone/gem items.

I want EVERYONE to tell me their role name and any items they have (ESPECIALLY if they have any infinity stones; these are something that more or less proves Thanos the character's existence in this game if you saw Guardians of the Galaxy or read up about them online...). Role descriptions would help for getting a plan set N0 (as would a list of aliases which you are NOT, as soon as the forums become available), but I will not require those as of yet (the earlier you claim the more likely I am to believe you, however!)

Finally, user: moi apparently also requested to be a villager (and given the timing when he got his PM/his actions, he seems sort of trustworthy...) and is Magneto based on IRC. It's not that I don't 100% trust him necessarily, but rather that I do not trust him to determine optimal night actions, and as such I'd prefer if you claimed role name only to me for the time being. If his role is as provable as he claims (though won't elaborate on to me) I will prioritize having him (and other believable villagers) gain access to what information I obtain ASAP, since it is not at all impossible that there is some sort of 'broken' (in a bottle) role that could off me the instant the protection of Night 0 lifts, and I would very much like for the village not to have to start over in the event there is an unblockable smogon namekill during the day or something (and remember, there ARE big one-timers out there!).

Remember, the early bird gets the worm, and the village which organizes quickly/efficiently is the one that is most difficult to beat. HOWEVER, remember that no one is to c/p full role PMs for the next 24 hours, so DO NOT do so; keep descriptions and role name claims in your own words and there won't be a problem.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
to me it sounds like thanos *could* be a neutral, he couldnt give less of a shit of everyone else he just wants the power for himself. solid evidence of this can be seen in guardians of the galaxy movie and his interactions with ronan, he was just using him for his own benefit. im not explicitly saying "DONT TRUST SAM" but id at least be wary

UncleSam

Leading this village
Thanos is quite obviously a villain though, and will be the villain in Avengers 2 I believe, which is the reason he wasn't the main villain in Guardians of the Galaxy...

yeah rey, he does worry me a bit as well. I have no intention of trying to fracture village unity, but I would like to think Magneto is a fairly obvious village claim, and to this point I would like to assist people in unifying. I would be open to talking about this game, but remind everyone to not be overly zealous in passing all of their information (aliases are notably powerful tools!).

UncleSam

Leading this village
No one should be claiming alias N0; however, in order to create a cohesive plan N0 it will be important to have alias TARGETS, which is why I will want lists of aliases which are NOT each person's role in order to narrow down the unclaimed aliases as quickly as possible.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
btw, for people making spreadsheets, here are the anonymous aliases in the game. Alphabetized for your convenience.:

Adam
Alexander
Alfie
Alice
Amelia
Annie
Archie
Ava
Benjamin
Charlie
Charlotte
Chloe
Daisy
Daniel
Dylan
Edward
Ella
Erin
Ethan
Eva
Evie
Finley
Florence
Fred
Freya
George
Grace
Hannah
Harrison
Harry
Henry
Holly
Isaac
Isabella
Isla
Jack
Jacob
Jake
James
Jayden
Jessica
Joseph
Joshua
Lacy
Layla
Leo
Lewis
Lexi
Lily
Logan
Lola
Lucas
Lucy
Masie
Mason
Max
Megan
Mia
Millie
Molly
NOah
Oliver
Olivia
Oscar
Phoebe
Poppy
Riley
Rose
Ruby
Ryan
Samuel
Scarlett
Sienna
Sophia
Sophie
Summer
Theo
Thomas
Tyler
William

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanos is quite obviously a villain though, and will be the villain in Avengers 2 I believe, which is the reason he wasn't the main villain in Guardians of the Galaxy...
Avengers 3*

Avengers 2 is confirmed to have Ultron as the main enemy

I don't know man. Thanos and Darkseid scream neutral wolves to me.

Flavor knowledge and history of DBZ mafia tells my gut that Thanos is some sort of Cell-like wolf but with items instead of people and Darkseid would be Buu who needs the Anti-Life Equation to unlock his wolfdom.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I don't have a computer for an undetermined amount of time (probably not longer than a week though so please contact me via Smogon, even if it is just to tell me to get on IRC. It wears the battery down quite quickly so I don't leave it open.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Don't claim to UncleSam or anyone else (hi moi) until or unless it is made very clear that his claim makes sense as a village one.

If you are new and have no idea what is going on, the safest and best thing to do is to say nothing until you feel incredibly convinced that UncleSam or someone else is trustworthy and then to talk to them cautiously.

If UncleSam or another user is bullying you for a claim and trying to prove to you on their own that it is a good idea, it is probably a bad idea to claim. Don't get bullied out of your information; deciding who to trust is a huge part of mafia and you should not take that responsibility lightly, especially on night 0. I can think of no roles that have a pressing need to organize by night 0 to the point of risking outing important information to the mafia. Name claims are somewhat less of a bad idea, but item claims are certainly not a good idea at this point in time.

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
moi you doofus he's referring to you as well with the 'another user'

In any case it is standard fare for the mafia (as well as some villagers) to say 'don't trust <x>' whenever the first person steps up for claims; DLE did this to me in Aypak mafia as well except that in that game, thankfully, he wasn't allowed to post, period.

There are people throughout the game who are confirmed of Thanos' (my) existence via their held items (the Infinity Gems); note that I also have COPIOUS LOGS to back me up (yes I am being mostly facetious here but seriously those would very annoying to fake). My play makes no sense as being an item collector neutral and my role name makes no sense as a mafia.

I am probably the best you're going to get in terms of proof without seeing me lead actual lynches, and fortunately for you all I'm also a competent village leader.

UncleSam

Leading this village
There's a difference between 'just claiming' and claiming to someone who provides evidence of his/her role name both existing and being village...not to mention, the village has to claim AT SOME POINT unless we want to scumhunt this one in a game with 40 anonymous aliases...

I mean there's a clear difference between me and LN saying 'it's annoying how people can claim ANYTHING and get claims' vs someone claiming something believable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)