Hackmons XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
The changes that could happens are related to game hacking actually.
Also you reminding us what this thread is about is pretty ironic considering your first post in this thread.
PS : you deleting your post 10 minutes after i answer you is actually hilarious XD
i dont feel like getting into an argument with you. Also your post did nothing to influence me deleting that post. I realized it was immature of me to post it so i deleted it. My first post on this thread was wg celebi, which pertains to hackmons.

manu 11

When someone asks me if i am indian because of my name
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i dont feel like getting into an argument with you. Also your post did nothing to influence me deleting that post. I realized it was immature of me to post it so i deleted it. My first post on this thread was wg celebi, which pertains to hackmons.
It isn't the place to get into an argument either fight me irl. Also by first post i mean all the post you made on page 2 (hypno pixilate hyper voice sure is the new meta), excuse my bad english if it wasn't clear in my previous post.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hmmm. I need to change my swapper to someone else then, how about Dusknoir? Bad @ Wish so I think I'll replace that move. Any other ideas?
Man, bad losing streak. 7 wins straight, then like 4 losses and I'm below where I started. Zarel needs to get his act together.

Last edited:
I dont know if other people say that:
i think that deoxys-spe is good:

-Deoxys-spe-No guard-Focus Sash-(Timid)
-252 evs HP (31 IVS)
0 evs Atk (0IVS)(-10%)
252 Def (31 IVS)
0 evs Sp.Atk (0 IVS)
252 Sp.Def (31 IVS)
252 Speed (31 IVS)(+10%)
-Sheer Cold (Obviously Ice Type ,not other)
·Mean Look(Caution with ghost/shed shells pokemons)
·Gastro Acid (#WonderGuards)
·Sing(Ignores Substitutes, you have No guard 7u7)

And a mewtwo X=

-Mew-X -Mold Breaker-Lum Berry
-All EVs AND IVs Unless Sp.atq (Jolly-Adamant)

-Belly Drum (Only in safes moments)
-Extreme Speed
-Double kick (For Focus's protections)
-Thousand Arrows (No Inmunities/More strong xD)

that only are a opinion :3
PD:Sorry for my bad english, im spanish .3.

Showdown Nicks:
Akuma17
Akuma17Mc
AkumaPhazon
GoldenTorizo/Akuma

Neither of those strategies work against competent players. When I see a Deoxys Speed, I switch to my Shed Shell Wonder Guarder that I always have on hand. Well, one of the two of them. That MMX is really weak until it gets in a Belly Drum, making it easy to kill. However, I have been experimenting with a Deoxys Speed that is actually good against good players in the meta.

Deoxys-Speed @ Assault Vest
Ability: Klutz
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Trick
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Parting Shot

This is a fun set because people see a Deoxys Speed and they switch to their Wonder Guarder. Well, most defensive/support Wonder Guarders really don't like to have an Assault Vest. Also, after they have an Assault Vest, they no longer have a Shed Shell, so they are potentially easier to Perish Trap. Now that brings me to my next set, a Perish Trapping Aerodactyl.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Soak / King's Shield
- Encore
- Perish Song
- Heal Order / Disable

This set is designed to trap Pokemon that think they can't be trapped. However, depending on what kind of Pokemon you want to trap, you have to run different moves. If you want to trap Ghosts, you can run Soak (it removes the Ghost typing and replaces it with Water, as opposed to adding it). However, by running the combination of King's Shield (or Spiky Shield, but KS is more useful IMO) and Disable, you can block a lot of switching attempts with Volt Switch/U-Turn. If you think they're going to do one of those moves, you can use Protect, and then Disable, possibly and then Perish Song.

Your team was rejected for the following reasons:
- Gengar-Mega has more than 510 total EVs.
- Mewtwo-Mega-X has more than 510 total EVs.
- Dialga has more than 510 total EVs.
- Blissey has more than 510 total EVs.
- Giratina has more than 510 total EVs.
- Arceus-Ghost has more than 510 total EVs.

Sooooo is SD really messed up or is Hackmons not a thing anymore?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Your team was rejected for the following reasons:
- Gengar-Mega has more than 510 total EVs.
- Mewtwo-Mega-X has more than 510 total EVs.
- Dialga has more than 510 total EVs.
- Blissey has more than 510 total EVs.
- Giratina has more than 510 total EVs.
- Arceus-Ghost has more than 510 total EVs.

Sooooo is SD really messed up or is Hackmons not a thing anymore?
Did we not just discuss this
Except in X/Y, the only thing it checks for is if the 510 ev limit is exceeded when battling other people.

Pikachuun

Whoops.

Still seems redundant. This is Hackmons after all, everything should be legal.
Hackmons is limited to in-game legality, with the AR/other similar tools and with friend battles. Ofc the only thing that it checks is 510 evs and not hacked sets when doing friend battles because that's Gamefreak's number one priority over getting rid of wondertomb in their games

Hackmons is limited to in-game legality, with the AR/other similar tools and with friend battles. Ofc the only thing that it checks is 510 evs and not hacked sets when doing friend battles because that's Gamefreak's number one priority over getting rid of wondertomb in their games
Is there any reason as to why it was just recently changed after all these years? I loved it the way it used to be. Hell, I'm doing a "Road to Ranked" on the ladder as well. Changing it seems so unnecessary as the whole tier was created by Smogon originally. It shouldn't have to check with in-game rules imo.

Was there a vote on this?

Pikachuun

Is there any reason as to why it was just recently changed after all these years? I loved it the way it used to be. Hell, I'm doing a "Road to Ranked" on the ladder as well. Changing it seems so unnecessary as the whole tier was created by Smogon originally. It shouldn't have to check with in-game rules imo.

Was there a vote on this?
There was no vote (I would've voted no), because it's the principle of the thing. Hackmons is essentially "Can you get this and use it on wi-fi in any way shape or form, legitimate or otherwise? If yes, you can use it. If no, it cannot be used."
I can tag the person who you should be angry at and can explain this change better tho ay kay ay Kaphotics

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
To elaborate (like I did in the BH thread) it was incorrectly assumed that you could battle with >510 EVs in X/Y, because it was possible in previous games and was untested (due to the games being difficult to hack). With Cyber Save Editor (a device that can hack pokemon that came out a month ago for XY) it was tested and proven that you cannot link battle with any trainers if a battle participant has more than 510 EVs. It's impossible to battle any other human with invalid EVs.

Hackmons is a meta which follows the limits of the game. You can hack Pokemon to fit any sort of role; only being limited to a species' base stats and typings, as well as Moves + Effects and various meta clauses. If this >510 hard-coded limit was removed, there's nothing else stopping you from changing any of the other aforementioned limits. The leadership for OM decided to keep hackmons on PS a carbon copy of hackmons on the 3DS.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
hmmm... 4 more straight ladder wins. Im beginning to think that hackmons is like the battle tower: You lose once and its all over. Anyway, for all intents and purposes of this thread, my second battle with Regirock was a draw. About the change, Im kinda happy that everything is so much frailer, so Kyurem can go on killing sprees when BPd a Sub. Also, this is off topic but what does everyone think of Zoroark in Ubers? Since so many people use Mega Gengar, they actually cover each others weaknesses pretty well!

To elaborate (like I did in the BH thread) it was incorrectly assumed that you could battle with >510 EVs in X/Y, because it was possible in previous games and was untested (due to the games being difficult to hack). With Cyber Save Editor (a device that can hack pokemon that came out a month ago for XY) it was tested and proven that you cannot link battle with any trainers if a battle participant has more than 510 EVs. It's impossible to battle any other human with invalid EVs.

Hackmons is a meta which follows the limits of the game. You can hack Pokemon to fit any sort of role; only being limited to a species' base stats and typings, as well as Moves + Effects and various meta clauses. If this >510 hard-coded limit was removed, there's nothing else stopping you from changing any of the other aforementioned limits. The leadership for OM decided to keep hackmons on PS a carbon copy of hackmons on the 3DS.
And as some people have already argued in the other thread you linked, offensive pokemon have even more dominance in both BH and H...Stall teams are out the window now because you'd want 252 HP/ 50/50 Def/Sp. Def for your EV spreads... It's honestly not a good choice it all and my main permutation for this is because after all, these meta fall in the "other" category to begin with. These types of games are impossible to play in the game, so there's no point trying to bend the rules to follow the Wi-Fi standards. And if you do want to do that, then there wouldn't be any Smogon-Created metas.

Can we have a public vote on this? I mean, it's clear that people in both metas are strongly against this, and for a major thing like this to even happen should have been voted on.

I liked Hackmons b/c I'm rather casual when it comes to Pkmn Showdown. Now it is clearly not anything goes. I'm sure folks in Balanced Hackmons are upset over the change. But over here in Pure Hackmons... this is so much worse than Balanced. It doesn't really get any more anything goes than PH. And to have such a limit placed on this metagame is infuriating to say the least.

I'm not as competitive as most that use this site and study formulas and damage calculations and can make teams using synergy etc blah blah. I started on PS with Random Doubles. Then I finally branched out into Hackmons for fun. FUN'S OVER! Back to random doubles for me.

And as some people have already argued in the other thread you linked, offensive pokemon have even more dominance in both BH and H...Stall teams are out the window now because you'd want 252 HP/ 50/50 Def/Sp. Def for your EV spreads... It's honestly not a good choice it all and my main permutation for this is because after all, these meta fall in the "other" category to begin with. These types of games are impossible to play in the game, so there's no point trying to bend the rules to follow the Wi-Fi standards. And if you do want to do that, then there wouldn't be any Smogon-Created metas.

Can we have a public vote on this? I mean, it's clear that people in both metas are strongly against this, and for a major thing like this to even happen should have been voted on.
a vote would be nice

I would just like to wonder why this happened. Isn't this just worse in every way you could ever think of? Even if some people didn't like the ev limit, they sure aren't happy now.

I mean, the meta is gone. Now its just theorymonning ;_; 23/8/14 RIP HACKMONS NEVER FORGET

@.manu 11: a meta that has a ladder
@.manu 11: lol i am so funny

Edit: But why did the ladder have to be removed? Th is is a meta many people play and love, and even though it may not be playble in-game, does this mean the ladder has to be removed? Can't we just have the ladder back?

Last edited:
I would just like to wonder why this happened. Isn't this just worse in every way you could ever think of? Even if some people didn't like the ev limit, they sure aren't happy now.

I mean, the meta is gone. Now its just theorymonning ;_; 23/8/14 RIP HACKMONS NEVER FORGET

@.manu 11: a meta that has a ladder
@.manu 11: lol i am so funny
No, it is not theorymonning. You're free to challenge anyone to it, unlike many other OMs which have to be implemented on a third-party server.

Hackmons is not gone. It's right here.

If you don't have anything to say about the Hackmons metagame, then do not post.

Last edited:
Don't bother talking about the changes.

He's deleted my post, my topic regarding the whole situation (which was to divert conversation there instead of here)

Doesn't seem to be the right approach to be blocking people's opinion. Call it spamming or flaming, there is a point to be made.

/end rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)